1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Brain fart

1. ChefErin

ChefErin Novice Member

I know I should know, but I'm seriously spacing out at the moment. How do future bookings from a coking show benefit the host? Do they get additional free product value or does it incrementally bump up their discount percentage?

Mar 13, 2009
  2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

They get the host special (60% off product) the month the show was booked.

Mar 13, 2009
  3. ChefErin

ChefErin Novice Member

ok....is this different from how it was done 7 or 8 years ago? I first did PC back then and I swear it was different.......

Mar 13, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It was different back then. That was under the old points system, and they got extra points for each booking. I think it averaged out to about $3 more in product value per booking.

When we changed to just a Free Product Value $$ - the bookings incentive also changed.
    Now, when someone books from a show - the past host can go to their show and get the host bonus for that month. This is a better deal for everyone for a few different reasons:

1. Shows are much more likely to hold - because the past host wants her host bonus!

2. It's worth more - would you rather have $3 more to spend, or the opportunity to get 60% off a product you've really been wanting?

3. It helps get bookings for more than one month! At a show I did in January, I got 6 bookings - spread out from Feb - May! The host loves this, because she can participate in all 6 shows without spending a bundle! She chooses the host bonus she wants at each show!

Since changing to this new program, I have not had even one past host complain about this way of handling bookings - in fact, they've all loved it!

Mar 13, 2009
  5. ChefErin

ChefErin Novice Member

Thanks, Becky!! I thought I was losing it :) This new way does seem much more beneficial to the hosts than the old way :)

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?