• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Effective Is a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show in Boosting Sales?

In summary, Joanne created a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show flyer. She got the idea from a website, tweaked it to fit her, and is mailing it out to hosts. If it works, she plans to enter it into the sell-a-thon.
ChefinHarmony
Well after much discussion with my recruiter - she helped me soooo much - I came up with my $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show flyer. I got the idea from here a long time ago and then tweaked it to fit me (1st anniversary, timeline, etc). I wanted to share it with all of you!!

If it works, it should be great! Hopefully help me hit Level 2 of the sell-a-thon. I just mailed it on Friday and I have three FIRM "yes" names!! I'm doing this in addition to my scheduled shows and a fundraiser.

I started the "buzz" about it with my Sept. Hosts and ALL of them said they were in at that time. I bought a packet/kit of Christmas paper, envelopes, labels, etc for $9.99 from OfficeMax - set if 25 - and printed it - they looked very professional. Then I put a Mini-Holiday Catalog in each one with a little flyer about the November Host/Guest Special since it is one of the prizes.

I sent out 25 total and figured if I got more than 10 involved, I would split it into 2 separate Catalog shows. I also changed it a bit and sent it to 6 preferred customers that have never hosted.

I put a FIRM timeline on there and intend to call each and every person by next week. I intend to have it entered by the end of the month.

I'll keep you updated and let you know if it works!!

Thanks!!
Joanne

Attachments

• joanne1000holidayshow.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,030
Looks great... maybe I will borrow that idea when I hit one year again! :) Good luck! Please let us know how successful it is.

Looks fantastic. May you have great success with this.

I think your post is great

WOW!! Nice idea Joanne...

I just might have to try this. I know most of my past hosts lova a bargain. This will be perfect timing for Christmas gifts. GOOD LUCK...

Great idea. Let us know how it works!! I'm already holding an open house mystery hostess event but think this could be great for the summer when everyone is so busy. I'd like to try this during sell-a-thon for the Fall Products.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks great! I've been thinking about trying one of these....please do share how it turns out:)

Please share how your results turn out?! I have pondered about doing this type of Mega show before but didn't know how interested the hosts would be. But if "everyone" wins with some sort of prize that may be more worth it to them?! I guess it's worth a try though, esp. for Nov and sell a thon month! I really liked your "kit" idea too, to get them in the shopping mood for the season!

how do you arrange shipping on this . to get the correct benifits

My first year will be December also....I think I'll use this....THANKS for the great idea!

Shipping...well I am going to have it all shipped here and I will sort it out for everyone. I already had a past host offer to help me deliver the items in her area (when she gave me her yes vote). The prize winners will will be have their orders entered under the Grand Prize winner's name (one Host) or I could list it as co-hosting too. That's the only thing we (my recruiter and I) were worried about - the warranty issues. I am going to put a HUGE note/disclaimer on the reciepts that state, "If you have a problem with any of your items, please contact me first as this was a special show and submitted differently to Home office" - my recruiter says she does that all the time when it comes to combining orders under one name and the guests usually don't mind. I'm excited!!
Joanne

Update - I have FIVE firm "I'm IN" votes! It's Tuesday & I just mailed it out Friday - some people just got it today!! I'm going to follow up with an email tomorrow (make it personal - one on one email - reminding them and asking if they are in or out). I'm thrilled!! My past hosts are estatic! Yeah for November sales!!:D
Joanne

Great for you Joanne. I just emailed a copy to everyone I have emails for. I normally don't get responses thats why I sent to everyone. Wish me luck and maybe this will give me the nudge (ok Push) that I need. Thanks a bunch for the idea. I'll keep you posted.

That is great Joanne. May you get positive responses from 5 more people.

Awesome! I just sent mine via mass email and 30 letters to past hosts today and have gotten 1 reply so far! Here's hoping for 9 more!! Thanks again for sharing!

I just sent this out as well. We'll see what happens!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for 10 willing participants!

Excellent poster, I think I may also borrow it for the future.

Tks so much!
Sandra

My Hospitality Director is so excited! She went back to past hosts from 2002 and had her first "Yes!" And for all you Directors... she offered this to her consultants that are inactive right now. She is hoping this will boost their business!
Joanne

update:I sent mine out via email last night and before light this morning I already had 1. I have a couple that want to place an orders so I'm going to add them on and a hopeful hostess that has had to cancel several times, going to ask her to do catalog show instead. woohoo for me. I also sent a copy to my director and she is sending it to the rest of our cluster.

update on mine: I sent my e-mail out this morning and have 2 confirmed yes. Had one previous host decline, so I sent it to a guest who placed an outside order after one show that was over $150. Hoping she'll be in.

That looks fantastic!!! I think I will give that a try too!! Thank you so much for sharing. I will have to tweak it a little because I've been selling about a year and a half. I can make mine Hostess Appreciation or something!

So, I sent mine out on Monday night and I already have 4 for sure and 4 maybes that are going to get back to me by the end of the week. Yay! I really hope I can get all 10. I keep thinking of people to email to notify about this offer. I have two vendor events this weekend, so I may try to promote it there too.:D Woo hoo!

I was thinkin the same thing Becky at my Vendor fair this weekend! Esp. if they seem hesitant to book a party of their own but somewhat interested in our Host rewards.

heat123 said:
I was thinkin the same thing Becky at my Vendor fair this weekend! Esp. if they seem hesitant to book a party of their own but somewhat interested in our Host rewards.
Good luck Heather! I can't wait to hear how your vendor event goes.:D I definitely think people who are hesitant about doing their own show are much more likely to try this. And if they then book their own show for January or February, it's even better!!!:D

Can someone post this flyer in something besides Word doc. I cant seem to open Word docs from this site. Maybe a PDF file?

Thanks in Advance
Lynn

Hmm, it was posted in PDF yesterday I dont know what happened?

I hope someone can post it again!

Please!!!!

WHOO-HOO 8 are in!!UPDATE - 8 YES votes!!! I sent out a followup email tonight (see below) and as I was sending it out to my list, my phone was ringing and emails were flying back!! They don't want to wait either - I am delivering 5 packets tomorrow!! :D Do you think I'm stopping at 10? Heck NO! If I get 2 - $1000 shows out of this how sweet would that be?!?!?!

I set up a "Mystery Host" as a Host on my website for people to order under - I just asked them to put the "Participant" name in the 2nd line of the address for me to know who gets the credit.

Then I sent an Invitation email to myself. I modified it with the words below and personalized it to each person. I also put a "read receipt" on each one so I know if they read the email.

This is fun!! I love reading all the updates. And it's not too late to do this! Here is my email....

Join me for a Pampered Chef
Mystery Host Catalog Show...
Dear ,

By now you should have received my personal
$1,000 MYSTERY HOST
1st ANNIVERSARY CATALOG SHOW
invitation via mail - it was mailed to you last Friday, October 27th. If you do not have the invitation, please let me know via email and I will send you the file.

This is a follow-up asking you to read the invitation closely and highly consider participating in this awesome opportunity! All participates will WIN a $1,000 show Host benefit - and one person will win the
GRAND PRIZE of $215
in FREE Pampered Chef products!!!
Totally free - no shipping, no tax, no $$ from you!

Please take a moment and think about it. I do need a response by this weekend - "Yes or No" - is all I ask! If you cannot participate, please just respond "No" so I can offer this opportunity to others on my personal "waiting" list.

Update....I already have 6 firm "YES" responses and have mailed the catalog packets to those participants. We are over HALF WAY there! Won't you join in??

Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Joanne Smith
Pampered Chef Independent Sales Consultant

Catalog orders due by:
Mon 11/27/06

Host:
Mystery Host - COULD BE YOU!

That is so exciting Joanne. Way to go. May you end up with 2 $1,000 mystery host shows.

good idea about the Mystery Host on the site...I'll have to add that in. Thanks for the ideas. Keep those updates coming. Im so excited

WooHoo - I sent out a mass email to all my past hosts and customers last night - so far I have 2 people interested!

ChefinHarmony said:
UPDATE - 8 YES votes!!! I sent out a followup email tonight (see below) and as I was sending it out to my list, my phone was ringing and emails were flying back!! They don't want to wait either - I am delivering 5 packets tomorrow!! :D Do you think I'm stopping at 10? Heck NO! If I get 2 - $1000 shows out of this how sweet would that be?!?!?!

I set up a "Mystery Host" as a Host on my website for people to order under - I just asked them to put the "Participant" name in the 2nd line of the address for me to know who gets the credit.

Then I sent an Invitation email to myself. I modified it with the words below and personalized it to each person. I also put a "read receipt" on each one so I know if they read the email.

This is fun!! I love reading all the updates. And it's not too late to do this! Here is my email....

Join me for a Pampered Chef
Mystery Host Catalog Show...
Dear ,

By now you should have received my personal
$1,000 MYSTERY HOST
1st ANNIVERSARY CATALOG SHOW
invitation via mail - it was mailed to you last Friday, October 27th. If you do not have the invitation, please let me know via email and I will send you the file.

This is a follow-up asking you to read the invitation closely and highly consider participating in this awesome opportunity! All participates will WIN a $1,000 show Host benefit - and one person will win the
GRAND PRIZE of $215
in FREE Pampered Chef products!!!
Totally free - no shipping, no tax, no $$ from you!

Please take a moment and think about it. I do need a response by this weekend - "Yes or No" - is all I ask! If you cannot participate, please just respond "No" so I can offer this opportunity to others on my personal "waiting" list.

Update....I already have 6 firm "YES" responses and have mailed the catalog packets to those participants. We are over HALF WAY there! Won't you join in??

Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Joanne Smith
Pampered Chef Independent Sales Consultant

Catalog orders due by:
Mon 11/27/06

Host:
Mystery Host - COULD BE YOU!

I sent out my reminder/follow-up today. Hope it helps generate more interest. <crossing fingers>

I am getting really frustrated right now. Everytime I click on something it tells me to log in again. Is anyone else having this problem???? I wanted to see Joanne's flyer.

revised inviteDid someone post a revised invitation here that made one host the winner of all the benefits? I thought I saw one and now cannot find it. I am thinking I am going to do this but wanted the revised version if it's out there somewhere

I found it... it was listed at 10 x 10. Sorry to have bothered anyone.

ChefinHarmony said:

So did you title the show "Mystery Host" on the web or use your name? Also the "Participant" would be the person who is ordering?

Sorry... I just want to make sure I understand.
THANKS!

chefwatson4 said:
I am getting really frustrated right now. Everytime I click on something it tells me to log in again. Is anyone else having this problem???? I wanted to see Joanne's flyer.

People have found that clearing their cache frequently solves this problem. If not click on the Contact Us link in the menu bar & write to Gregg.

I'm trying this today. Wish me luck.

I am going to do this today I am sending out emails and sending some out by snail mail because I am sending it to all past customers and hosts I hope I have good luck like everyone else seems to be having out there!?:confused: :(

I'm trying this too! I have almost 50 emails to send out (each one separately, so it can be really personalized to the person), but I'm 1/5 of the way there already. My year has been pretty hard, and I have had a hard time with getting full contact information (addresses and phone numbers) from people, so I'm working with what I have on hand -- people's email addresses. (On a side note, I've started telling my hosts that I need full contact information, including address and phone number, to be able to process the order through the computer. A little white lie, but I can't stand not being able to have some sort of info for people; info that I need in case of product issues, etc., as well as for CC.)Anyway, I know I have 2 already - two of my girlfriends have been wanting to host a show for me, and this will be perfect for them. Both are out of state, so I have to have a catalog show with them, and this is perfect. And maybe, for once, my mom will join in and partake in a show for me! (We shall see!!) Anyway, I'll post my results.. Good luck everyone!

ChefinHarmony said:
I also put a "read receipt" on each one so I know if they read the email.
How do you do this "read receipt"?

quiverfull7 said:
ChefinHarmony said:

So did you title the show "Mystery Host" on the web or use your name? Also the "Participant" would be the person who is ordering?

Sorry... I just want to make sure I understand.
THANKS!

Yes - the First Name is "Mystery" and the Last name is "Host". All the contact information, address, phone number, email is my information.

"Participant" - that is one of my 10 people. The person who's name will be entered into the drawing. So say "Michelle" said "Yes" and I sent out a packet to her. Then Michelle's Mom wants to order online. She would go to "Mystery Host" and put Michelle's name in there somewhere.

If I happen to get an online order under Mystery Host and I don't know who it belongs too, then I will just email the buyer back and ask who they got my website/catalog from and try to link it to one of my Mystery Host Show participants.

Make sense??

Joanne

pchefinski said:
How do you do this "read receipt"?

Amanda,
I use Outlook Express (not sure if there is one for yahoo mail). You go under "tools" and it will state "Request a Read receipt" and that means when the end person opens your email, you will get an email back - a general computer generated response that says it was "read".

Sometimes it doesn't always work - my Express says "the sender has requested a read receipt, would you like to respond?" And I have a choice. So they could always say "No" and then you would never know they read it. It's kinda like sending certified mail!

Let me know if you have other questions!
Joanne

pchefinski said:
I have almost 50 emails to send out (each one separately, so it can be really personalized to the person), but I'm 1/5 of the way there already.

Amanda,
Make sure to FOLLOW-UP with all 50 you need to do that to make this work!!
You could have a great month!!

Good Luck!
Joanne

Okay - One more post from me on this thread!! Here's an update.....

Yesterday I had 8 firm "Yes" votes. And I got 1 from a friend who was listening in as I passed out a Host packet to one of my participants. She said "Hey, I WANT in!!" I didn't see that one coming!!

Well, I started my follow-up calls today. And let me tell you 2 of my calls didn't even open up my letter! They were opening it as I talked to them! SEE!!

Anyway, I hit TEN - YAH-HOO!!!!!! AND I left messages for 5 other people - one was a yes about a month ago when I first mentioned it, so I just need a FIRM yes from her. Then there is one more that is a maybe. So technically, I could have 15 in!!

Here's the plus - one already has over $100 collected and I got 2 bookings for 1 January and 1 February out of it! Remember they get an extra entry when they book a show!

I am LOVING this!! The neat thing... this is all in addition to my regular shows this month. I have four on the schedule & one is a large fundraiser. Oh, how I want to hit Level 2!!

Have fun!!
Joanne

Hi Joanne,

THAT is so wonderful! Sounds like it will be a great success! I just saw this today and I'm thinking of trying it out...

Thanks!!

This is GREAT!!!! I actually tweaked it for myself, mailed out 15 invites 2 days ago and have already had 4 calls with YES answers!!! I even have a potential recruit out of it too!!!Bonus

ChefinHarmony said:
Well after much discussion with my recruiter - she helped me soooo much - I came up with my $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show flyer. I got the idea from here a long time ago and then tweaked it to fit me (1st anniversary, timeline, etc). I wanted to share it with all of you!!

If it works, it should be great! Hopefully help me hit Level 2 of the sell-a-thon. I just mailed it on Friday and I have three FIRM "yes" names!! I'm doing this in addition to my scheduled shows and a fundraiser.

I started the "buzz" about it with my Sept. Hosts and ALL of them said they were in at that time. I bought a packet/kit of Christmas paper, envelopes, labels, etc for $9.99 from OfficeMax - set if 25 - and printed it - they looked very professional. Then I put a Mini-Holiday Catalog in each one with a little flyer about the November Host/Guest Special since it is one of the prizes.

I sent out 25 total and figured if I got more than 10 involved, I would split it into 2 separate Catalog shows. I also changed it a bit and sent it to 6 preferred customers that have never hosted.

I put a FIRM timeline on there and intend to call each and every person by next week. I intend to have it entered by the end of the month.

I'll keep you updated and let you know if it works!!

Thanks!!
Joanne

OMG I love this!!!! Is anyone thinking clear enough this morning to figure in new dates??? I love this idea. Thank you for sharing it. Be sure to tell us how the reaction has gone!!!

szitas123 said:
This is GREAT!!!! I actually tweaked it for myself, mailed out 15 invites 2 days ago and have already had 4 calls with YES answers!!! I even have a potential recruit out of it too!!!Bonus

I sent it out to ALL my potential recruits as a GREAT way to start their businesses - - what a small committment to ask family/friends (to collect just $100 in orders)! Great way to jump start a slow business too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Chefstover2