• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Version of the $1000 Mystery Host Show....

In summary, Becky is asking for 10 people to participate in a $1000 Mystery Host Show. If 10 people collect just $100 in orders, one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product, plus a free mini santoku knife, one person will win a free 8" executive skillet, plus 60% off the ultimate mandoline, or the food chopper, or the salad chopper, four people will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!), and each participant will receive a free gift from her valued at
Ok, so I'm doing a training on this very subject tomorrow night at my team meeting and I'm also going to try it myself this month to add to my July sales.

Would someone please share with us the series of emails you sent throughout your entire host coaching process. I see everyone is sending emails and I figured it would be better to not re-create the wheel so to speak.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I also gave my hosts about 2 weeks; maybe just a few days over that. My 9th host only had 1 week to collect, & ended up doing over 300 in sales.

Here's my first email: (much like Becky's)
"Looking for 10 volunteers!

I have some HUGE goals in June (including earning the new fall products for free, and to get back on track for earning the Miami Beach Vacation!) - However, because of the craziness of summer, I'm having difficulties filling my cooking show dates...
So - I need your help! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!)

I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show!

Here is the scoop - I need 10 people willing to collect just $100 in orders (10 x $100 = $1000!) - you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood, at ballgames, family gatherings, and I can also set you up to send out an announcement online to friends and family.

I will collect all the orders from the 10, compile and tally them, and then draw names from the 10 participants for the Show Host Benefits.

Here is what that will look like:

10 people collect $100 in orders -

One Person will win $100 in FREE Product
One Person will win $50 in FREE Product
Three People will win $25 in FREE Product, plus a FREE Green Nylon Knife
One Person will win A FREE Collapsible Bowl, plus 60% off the Ultimate Mandoline, OR the Food Chopper, OR the Salad Chopper.
Four People will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!)

PLUS - each participant will receive for FREE, either the "Great Grilling" or "Spin on Salads" cookbook, AND 30% off ANYTHING ELSE you order!

Gather $150 in orders and you will receive an extra chance in the drawing.
Secure a booking (or book your own show!) and you will also receive an extra chance

Respond by June 12th, and receive a FREE Season's Best Cookbook, and a FREE rub of your choice! I need to hear soon, so that I can get your Show Information to you ASAP!

I need all orders turned in by JUNE 25th (any turned in later will not be able to be counted as part of the show - sorry!)

All orders will be shipped to me, and I will sort, pack, and label your orders for you & deliver them to you.

First 10 To Respond will fill the open spots!

Come On! Be Part of the FUN! (and I will greatly appreciate your assistance!)"

Here's an email I sent out with one week left:
"Hello! Hope you're having a great weekend=)

Just wanted to check in with my "mystery hosts"! As a reminder, I wanted to close this show by the 25th (which is Wednesday), but if you'll need a couple more days, that will be okay. I need to close by the 29th at the VERY latest.
Remember, collect just $100 & be in the host drawings.....collect $150 or more & get an extra chance for the host drawings....secure a booking for within the next 4 months (someone else, or yourself!) and get another extra chance...
I can't wait to draw all the winners!
If you have questions, need more books or order forms, just let me know!

Thanks a bunch!
Lacy"

I also talked to each one at least once or twice during the time frame.

Can't really add to what Lacy did - that's pretty much what I did too. Like her, I sent a reminder email to get orders in to me, and I also talked to each host at least once on the phone during the time period. My hosts only had 9-10 days to collect, so it wasn't a long time period.

I also included this letter with each packet. When I gave each person their packet, I had guest care cards stapled to each outside order form, and I did a drawing for a free SB from each batch of orders.

Attachments

• $1000 Letter to hosts.doc
    72 KB · Views: 468
What a great idea! I am new and all the info on Chef Success is inspriring! Thanks!

Thank you soooo much for sharing!

In preparing for my team meeting tonight, this is what I have come up with. It's basically the same but adapted to what I'm willing to offerr, etc. The originals are from files I've found here and then I've tweaked them to my liking. Let me know what ya'll think!

Attachments

• $1000 Mystery Catalog Show Invite.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 574
  • Intro Letter to $1000 catalog show participants.doc
    37 KB · Views: 563
And here is an instruction sheet I've put together for my consultants on the steps to hold a $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show... hope I did it all right because I just printed all the copies I'll need to hand out tomorrow night! LoL

Attachments

• Consultant Instruction List for $1000 catalog show.doc
    24 KB · Views: 723
Is anyone else trying this this month for July like I am??? I love a few buddies to help encourage and cheer each other on like this group did last month, it looked really motivating!

I have 7 people participating for July. I am going to try and get the other 3 tonight or tomorrow. I pretty much used the same email and host letter that has been posted on here. (changed up a little with the products that I had at home). With the July special I did change the free product to --- 3 people will get $105 in free product. Because of the extra money that is available for july host.

I have 8 people participating for July I just sent out my packets yesterday, I was hoping to get two more people to commit this week. I also changed the free product/specials to tweak it so everyone is making out if they do their part. I'm hoping to close the 24th, 25th at the latest.

This is such a brilliant idea. This is why I love this site!

Should I assume this is something you will need a host base for? Is this something you could really take a chance on when you've only had a few shows?

Its so inspiring and I want to jump in but like others, Im thinking November might be a better time for a rookie to do this?

I have no host base. I signed May30. June pretty much blew up in my face the one show that held, did less than $300 and the other two completely cancelled on me. I sent my email basically to everyone I knew, and some I haven't spoken with in quite a while, but I got 7 that way and then my 8th is my mother in law, and I'm hoping for one more friend who wanted to do a catalog show for me will get back from her vacation and want to do this. And I'm not sure if I will get number 10 or not, but I'm still trying. I'm sure this will be easier after I do have more of a client base, but for now, this seems to be working. We'll see how everyone does getting orders.

If you're not getting response from email, phone people. That's the personal touch that can make a difference.

I just send an e-mail last Friday for July specials, and one yesterday about the outlet. How long should I wait before approaching people about the mystery show?

missmindym said:
I have no host base. I signed May30. June pretty much blew up in my face the one show that held, did less than $300 and the other two completely cancelled on me. I sent my email basically to everyone I knew, and some I haven't spoken with in quite a while, but I got 7 that way and then my 8th is my mother in law, and I'm hoping for one more friend who wanted to do a catalog show for me will get back from her vacation and want to do this. And I'm not sure if I will get number 10 or not, but I'm still trying. I'm sure this will be easier after I do have more of a client base, but for now, this seems to be working. We'll see how everyone does getting orders.

That's amazing! Best of luck to you!!

I guess July might be a pretty good month to do it because of the added free items for the amount of products sold!

Good luck to you all doing it now!

missmindym said:

What a great way to get your business up and going! Congratulations on getting all those participants. That's awesome! Let us know how it turns out. I'm hoping for a great show for you AND many bookings from it!

Just a tip - make sure you tell the ones collecting the orders to get everyone who places an order their contact info. That way, you can start building yourself a great customer base.

Good Luck! :D

PChefPEI said:
What a great way to get your business up and going! Congratulations on getting all those participants. That's awesome! Let us know how it turns out. I'm hoping for a great show for you AND many bookings from it!

Just a tip - make sure you tell the ones collecting the orders to get everyone who places an order their contact info. That way, you can start building yourself a great customer base.

Good Luck! :D

Thank you! Unfortunately, many of my contacts are out of town/state, but contacts are contacts and I'm determined to make it work. I am also determined to meet some new people here. I have a show on Saturday I'm doing for a good friend and I don't know a lot of her friends, so hopefully I will get some bookings there.

As for the mystery host show, on every order form I stapled a contact card and let the "hosts" know that each person who fills it out completely will get entered into the drawing, so each set of "guests" will win a SB or citrus peeler. So hopefully that will give me some more contacts.

And I'm hoping for some bookings from my cousin's show as she and my parents live in the same town so I visit often and am totally willing to do shows while I am there!

OhmyDLM said:
Is anyone else trying this this month for July like I am??? I love a few buddies to help encourage and cheer each other on like this group did last month, it looked really motivating!

I am Darcy! I'm emailing it out today. Working on importing it into my newsletter so I'll be posting my results soon!!!

I sent mine out last night. One taker so far!

pamperedlinda said:
I sent mine out last night. One taker so far!

Awesome Linda! Okay, I'm starting a new thread for us July takers!! And, after that I'm getting off here and sending this darn email out!

PampMomof3 said:
I am Darcy! I'm emailing it out today. Working on importing it into my newsletter so I'll be posting my results soon!!!

How's it coming so far??? I just got back from a week at camp and am kicking things in gear today to get those host's registered!

I've seen a lot of variations on this since I did this last year.

I have the same issue this year - wanting to stay on track for an incentive, wanting to earn the new products, but being gone the last two weeks of June for a family vacation!

So - I'm bumping up the original thread, in case anyone else wants to try this again this year. Last year, when I did this, I had just had a Power Cooking Clinic, and used all of my FPV to buy the stuff I used as gifts. I had a show the end of April, and did the same thing this year. Last year, my $12 gift was a collection of rubs. This year, it's oil seasonings and sauces. It was a success last year, and everyone who participated said that they'd like to be included again this year. So, I am going to offer them first dibs and then open it up to other people. This year, I'm a little more on top of it, getting the info out in the middle of May - last year I didn't do it until June. I'm hoping to have it done by the 5th of June this year!

I'll post my updated email when I have it finished!

Thanks for bumping this Becky. I'm going to be gone for @ 2 1/2 weeks in July and have been trying to figure out how to keep my biz going while I'm away.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for bumping this Becky. I'm going to be gone for @ 2 1/2 weeks in July and have been trying to figure out how to keep my biz going while I'm away.

You're welcome! Hope it helps while you're in China!

I just heard about this idea on a call tonight ... any ideas on how to update with this year's specials?

The person doing the call said she does it so you get 1 entry for every $100 you submit. If you submit $200 you get 2 chances, so it increases your odds!

I've done mystery host shows before. The problem I usually have is keeping people committed. Last time (I just did one in April), I started out with 13 hosts who said they would do it and ended up with only 6 turning in the orders!!! :cry:

I had some outside orders myself that made it up to $700 in guest sales and by the time everyone ordered things for themselves at the discount I ended up with a little over $900 in commissionable sales...

Becky and all who've done this....I was reading through this thread last night and think it's a great idea!
Now that you've done this a few times, how did you handle the logistics as far as entering the show in P3? Did you enter it as YOU the host and then just divide your host benefits to the winners?
Or did you enter it in the name of the person who won the 10% past host discount (if you offered that as a prize)?Any other things you learned about how to handle this from the p3 side of things , or things you are doing differently from what was originally posted back in 2008??Thanks!!!

esavvymom said:
Becky and all who've done this....

I was reading through this thread last night and think it's a great idea!
Now that you've done this a few times, how did you handle the logistics as far as entering the show in P3?

Did you enter it as YOU the host and then just divide your host benefits to the winners?
Or did you enter it in the name of the person who won the 10% past host discount (if you offered that as a prize)?

Any other things you learned about how to handle this from the p3 side of things , or things you are doing differently from what was originally posted back in 2008??

Thanks!!!

I enter one person as the host, and one as the co-host. Then, all of the participants orders get entered under those two names.

For all of the other orders - they get entered individually, but with the initials of the person who took the order following their last name. So, it would look like this on the order form....

If Betty Lewis had an order from Mary Smith:

Mary Smith-BL

That way, the only orders I have to keep track of really are the host orders. I just write out a receipt on an order form for each of them.

Does that make sense?

So, then when the boxes come in, do you just group everything for Betty together, and give her the little packing slips to let her separate it for her orders?

NooraK said:
So, then when the boxes come in, do you just group everything for Betty together, and give her the little packing slips to let her separate it for her orders?

No, I separate all of the orders, so that I can do any adjustments needed. I staple the receipt to each bag, and then put them in boxes to deliver to the hosts. So I have a box (or more) for each host. Then, I deliver to the hosts and let them disperse with the stuff from there. (some hosts come pick up their boxes too.)

how do you do the payments? Do you have them give you checks or do you just do multiple cc payments on the host order?

Do you have any letters/forms you pass out with the packets for the hosts?

Jen1409 said:
how do you do the payments? Do you have them give you checks or do you just do multiple cc payments on the host order?

Do you have any letters/forms you pass out with the packets for the hosts?
1st question - yes. :D (I get checks and CC #'s both)

No - I don't have a letter/form - I just give them catalogs and order forms, and a letter to say thanks for participating, and the date when we'll close.

Do you think I could to this with out of towners or do you think I should stay in town? I'm trying to think how I can enter the orders in P3, maybe combining the orders and having it direct shipped to that particular host. What do you think?

bummed, sent out email for the mystery show I planned on doing, only got 2 responses. I planned on closing in Nov 13th to get it in for the 15th and one of the 2 responses said she couldn't get anything to me until the 15th

Jen1409 said:
bummed, sent out email for the mystery show I planned on doing, only got 2 responses. I planned on closing in Nov 13th to get it in for the 15th and one of the 2 responses said she couldn't get anything to me until the 15th

If you don't follow up with a phone call to the email, you won't get a very good response. If you call people, that's when they will say yes.

Becky this sounds like a fantastic idea, I think I might do this for November to help me reach S-A-T goals!!! THANK YOU!

littlemaisyPC said:
Do you think I could to this with out of towners or do you think I should stay in town? I'm trying to think how I can enter the orders in P3, maybe combining the orders and having it direct shipped to that particular host. What do you think?

I am wondering this same thing. I have some OOT past hosts and family members and friends who might be interested in this opportunity!

Ok, I know that this is an incredibly DUMB question, but what would you put in the subject line of an email like this??

I am always trying to put something that will catch their eye but won't seem to marketing-ish! :confused:

I also have a lot of OOT friends and family who might be interested in this. However, I can't quite wrap my mind around the logistics of how that would work. Would it be best to do direct shipping to each person who orders, or should I do direct shipping of each group of orders to the particular "host" who collected those orders. And in P3 I would enter myself as the host, right? But then how would I go about having the host rewards shipped out to the various "hosts". I dunno, maybe it's just cuz it's Friday and I think my brain is already on weekend mode, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I could work this out, or if it's even possible at all. Any suggestions?

kdangel518 said:
Ok, I know that this is an incredibly DUMB question, but what would you put in the subject line of an email like this??
I just put Pampered Chef Mystery Host Catalog Show nothing fancy but I had 5 takers in less than 24 hours.

Ok I'm doing this for SAT and I'm so excited I just sent out my email and already have 5 people respond. My question is Becky how many catalogs did you give to the host? Or are you giving them your regular host packets?

kdangel518 said:

I just put Pampered Chef Mystery Host Catalog Show nothing fancy but I had 5 takers in less than 24 hours.

Ok I'm doing this for SAT and I'm so excited I just sent out my email and already have 5 people respond. My question is Becky how many catalogs did you give to the host? Or are you giving them your regular host packets?

littlemaisyPC said:

I am doing this for SAT also- I have put 2 catalogs in with every packet for this, I am forgoing the normal host packet in lieu of 2 cattys, 10 OOF's, 2 copies of the November guest special, 1 copy each of the Dec and Jan host specials, a letter explaining how the Mystery Host show and prize drawings will work (used Becky's but I changed it up a bit) and a sheet explaining how to calculate orders.

Becky- How many catalogs and order forms do you give out?

elizabethfox said:
Becky- How many catalogs and order forms do you give out?

I gave 3-5 catalogs and 6 order forms to each one, with instructions to make copies of the order form as needed. I asked each if they needed 3,4, or 5 catalogs. Some only needed a few, because they were just taking orders at work, but some wanted more because they were going to have catalogs various places.

I am doing this for November and I sent out my email and within 1 hour, I had 9 commitments to do it!!! Within 5 hours, I had all 10!!!

I am actually thinking I might go ahead and have 2 go on at the same time, because I am still having people email me and tell me they want to do it. (I already have 2 or 3 that want to do it to start the second show!!!) I also have 3 of my other team members that are doing it as well this month!!! I am really hoping this will help out our sell-a-thon this month!! If this show goes well, then it will almost guarantee me my trip to Disney!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

shannonjennings said:
I am doing this for November and I sent out my email and within 1 hour, I had 9 commitments to do it!!! Within 5 hours, I had all 10!!!

I am actually thinking I might go ahead and have 2 go on at the same time, because I am still having people email me and tell me they want to do it. (I already have 2 or 3 that want to do it to start the second show!!!) I also have 3 of my other team members that are doing it as well this month!!! I am really hoping this will help out our sell-a-thon this month!! If this show goes well, then it will almost guarantee me my trip to Disney!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!

I was thinking of doing 2 at the same time but now I'm not sure as I'm still stuck at 5. So now I'm going to have to make phone calls to see if I can get another 5.

Thanks again Becky, this is an easy $1000 show. I love how everyone wins.

littlemaisyPC said:
I was thinking of doing 2 at the same time but now I'm not sure as I'm still stuck at 5. So now I'm going to have to make phone calls to see if I can get another 5.

Thanks again Becky, this is an easy $1000 show. I love how everyone wins.

That is exactly why I designed it this way! I'm so glad other people have been able to take the idea and run with and make it their own!

ChefBeckyD said:
Here is the letter I included in each packet that goes into more detail about that:

Becky do you have the guest care card on here that you reference in this letter?

I am closing my first Mystery Host tomorrow. I had 9 participate. Right now we are at $1042 with 3 more people to turn in orders!

I can't believe how easy this has been and my hosts love it!

Thanks Becky- this saved my November!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire