• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Version of the $1000 Mystery Host Show....

In summary, Becky is asking for 10 people to participate in a $1000 Mystery Host Show. If 10 people collect just $100 in orders, one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product, plus a free mini santoku knife, one person will win a free 8" executive skillet, plus 60% off the ultimate mandoline, or the food chopper, or the salad chopper, four people will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!), and each participant will receive a free gift from her valued at
Wow Becky! Great job!! I am definitely going to use this as I was thinking of doing it anyway! I only had 1 show on the books for this month and really want to at least make level 1 of sell a thon!

I need to get a June newsletter out but may just only do this instead!! I don't think people will respond to it as well if it is in the newsletter!

Man, I just missed your post Becky! Fantastic show! Glad to hear it worked so well for you, even with 8 people....or was it just 6 that turned in orders?

My first host turned in her orders to me yesterday; she got $138 in sales. Plus, she got a booking, & that lady is working on this month too:thumbup:

Teresa Lynn said:
I have 8 who just ordered the $100 themselves I'm encouraging them to collect orders

Wow! Awesome!!!

Woohoo!! That is awesome. I need to get on the phone with some of my old hosts and get something like this going. Wow. What a great success! :)

Okay, so mine didn't work out so great...only had one interested party. So, I decided to put it off to the fall for the fall sell-a-thon. Now, my goal is to have my July and August fully booked by the end of this month...wish me luck! :)

Well mine was a bust, so to speak.
Will be closing out at around $600
Better than nothing I guess, just not what I expected or needed. Now I doubt I get to the Level one sell a thon. I will be $300 shy.

Maybe better luck this fall for you gals!

Over the weekend, I got a 9th participant. Another host is bringing me her orders today, & I talked to another one who has about 200 in orders...

Good job, Lacy! I'm hoping for a better fall one. I think I'll be better prepared the next time! :)

Thanks! I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be over 1K!

This is my 3rd one in 4 months - so I knew it would be great - but I also knew it would give me a few hundred extra in sales. My other 2 were VERY successful ($2,600 and $1,500). I ran my first one with my Open House and my second one with HWC. This time I handed out 'invitations' for my Mystery Host Show and got a a few people respond - but most people just ordered little things.

I ALWAYS break up the Host Benefits so that EVERYONE gets something. People LOVE getting things for free! And will EASILY collect extra orders to get FREE product/GC.....

September, December, March, and June are GREAT months to do a Mystery Host :)

Glad to hear you've had good success with it Jenna!
I've had several online orders today; so far turned in I have around 340 in sales.

Becky,

I hope you don't mind, but I used your version almost word for word. I received $1058 in guest sales. So my sell-a-thon month will end over $3000. I am so excited. Thank you for starting this post!

That's great Wendy!

I'm so super-excited about mine too....so far I'm at 938:sing: And, I still have 5 hosts to turn in the rest of their orders!!! Wo-hoo:thumbup:

Wendy and Lacy...you guys ROCK! That's awesome! Here's hoping for $2K for ya, Lacy!! :D

Good job EVERYONE! WOO HOO!!!! :)

PChefPEI said:
Wendy and Lacy...you guys ROCK! That's awesome! Here's hoping for $2K for ya, Lacy!! :D

Thanks! Now, that would rock:thumbup:I forgot to mention; one of my hosts that turned in her orders yesterday ordered 430 herself! (stuff for her camper, including a cookware set!)

I am getting ready to send out my email for a July sale. Hopefully it will go as well as the ones on here!!

Nicki - if your Show isn't going as planned by the middle of the month - then you might need to call people to followup. I have found tons of people ARE interested - they just haven't had the time yet ---- remember people get busy :) - especially THIS time of year!

Closing mine today with guest sales of $711.25
Not bad considering 4 dropped out at the last minute when I called to get their orders.:D

I should do this next month! It's a little too late this month but with me having two vacations in July, there isn't much time to hold shows.

Good job, Leslie! That's awesome! :D

I am trying to get mine closed out today. It is around $1200!

That's great Ellen!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - just coming on to update - because we are getting ready to leave right now!

I had a couple hosts I didn't hear back from.....crazy - because I am almost certain they had orders....maybe life just got too busy. I can't hold it open, because I won't be back until July.....soooo, with what I have turned in, I will be closing my Mystery Host Show at:

$1218.40!

I am thrilled! Everyone who participated wants to do it again - so I will be doing one in November too.

Now - gotta finish getting ready to leave - DH wants to be pulling out in one hour!:eek:

Whoohooo, way to go Becky! Just what you wanted and more! GREAT idea and job! Congrats!

Becky will have a lot of catching up to do when she gets back....since we've taken over her thread, LOL! Love ya Becky:)

Man, you guys rocked out! I'm going to do one in July since I have A LOT going on in the first 2 weeks. Here's to your great successes and hopefully I'll be added to it!!:)

$1, 163 and 3 more hosts to hear from

Great job Teresa! I need to try this in Nov or DEC for the next SAT! :)

Last Friday I realized this was the first time in 14 years that I didn't have shows, our son graduated and our daughter is suffering from migraines or a headache everyday so I am constantly monitoring her or taking her to an appt. I wrote my email with tears running down my face because I couldn't believe I had let my business slide. I am overwhelmed at how quickly my customers and friends responded. Thanks to this I will make level 1

That's great Teresa!
I am so thankful too; I had several shows cancel or change to book parties & this show is making up for it:thumbup: I'm up to almost 1400, with 2 more hosts to turn in!

$1,479 now and to think I had nothing a week ago yesterday and in this show I will make level 1

WOW!! Teresa and Lacy!! You guys are doing AWESOME!!! :D

I decided the other day to "treat" my mystery hosts to dessert because the worked so hard so I did a quick phone call Friday to each, (many are neighbors or live within 10 minutes of me) invited them all for ice cream sundaes used SA and let them top their own. (so it was an interactive show) so should I switch the benefits to a cooking show since all guest orders were already collected ?? some of them did add to their orders so I generated about another $150 in productI am a strict rule follower but ion the night I thought hmmmm, I did have food, products out and they did use them but since it was after the fact????

I think that's a good idea Teresa! Nice gesture for their hard work!

my mystery host show just closed over $1600 plus a $253 catalog show one host decided to submit because they were seeing her family on the 4th and it saved direct shipping charges
so I'm a few $$ short of $1,900 all thanks to Becky's mystery host email

WOW Teresa!! Fantastic!

Well, I couldn't get 3 of my people to return my emails or phone calls. Then 4 others weren't able to get any orders b/c everyone blamed getting ready to go on vacation. But I'm ok w/that I did get some orders & that is better than none!

Hey Everyone~

Just got back from vacation last night, and getting caught up - It is so exciting, and rewarding for me, to read of all of your successes too! I'm so glad that my attempt to make June successful worked out so well for so many of you too! It was fun reading through your updates as your show totals climbed!

I will definitely do this again in November!

THANK YOU Becky for starting this thread & letting us "steal" your ideas! And welcome back....we missed you:)

I am sooooo excited for mine....it closed out at $2002.19!:sing::D
With this show, I hit the 3K sellathon, and actually had a good month----I am on cloud nine this morning. The only work I'll have to do is sort it all!
Thank you Jesus!

lacychef said:
THANK YOU Becky for starting this thread & letting us "steal" your ideas! And welcome back....we missed you:)

I am sooooo excited for mine....it closed out at $2002.19!:sing::D
With this show, I hit the 3K sellathon, and actually had a good month----I am on cloud nine this morning. The only work I'll have to do is sort it all!
Thank you Jesus!

WOW Lacy! That is awesome! I was thrilled because mine also allowed me to hit the 3K level. I had several shows reschedule, and a couple shows that barely qualified - so it was so exciting to know that my Mystery Host show pulled me through!

And - I have 8 boxes sitting in my garage waiting to be sorted!:eek:

I know what you mean, I only ended up doing 2 cooking shows; the rest cancelled (1 never returned my calls & never got me a guest list:grumpy:) or turned into catty shows that didn't produce much.

Yeah, I'm kinda scared to see how many boxes this'll be, but I guess I can do a *little* work for it, LOL! I will definately do this again in Nov or Dec; one of my hosts this time said she'll do it again! (& she's never hosted before, so that's neat)

my last show that was over $2,000 literally took me about 5 hours to sort my poor host would have been overwhelmed

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW Lacy! That is awesome! I was thrilled because mine also allowed me to hit the 3K level. I had several shows reschedule, and a couple shows that barely qualified - so it was so exciting to know that my Mystery Host show pulled me through!

And - I have 8 boxes sitting in my garage waiting to be sorted!:eek:

I would be in heaven if I had 8 boxes to sort out! That is one of my favorite things! Good work ladies! Congrats on great sales!!:thumbup:

I have a question, how much time do you give your hosts to collect orders?

PampMomof3 said:
I have a question, how much time do you give your hosts to collect orders?

I was leaving on vacation the 21st - so I wanted to have all orders in by the 18th, so that I had time for any last minute issues, and to give my hosts time to do their own shopping. So - I sent out the email the evening of the 5th - everyone had packets by the 9th, and orders were turned in the evening of the 18th.

So - I didn't drag it out. They had less than 2 weeks to collect orders.

Thanks Becky. I asked b/c I'm thinking of sending it out today, but I'm wave one so I wasn't sure if I would collect before or after I return. But see I leave for vacation on the 14th so if I touched bases with all my hosts on Sunday, the day AFTER I return for conference, I could do that. Hmmm....

I sent mine out yesterday for July. I have had 5 people tell me so far that they want to participate. I am sending out their packets tomorrow. Here's hoping this goes well.

nicki25 said:
I sent mine out yesterday for July. I have had 5 people tell me so far that they want to participate. I am sending out their packets tomorrow. Here's hoping this goes well.[/QUOTE

Can you share what you sent out? I am looking for some ideas. Thanks

Thanks again, Becky! I had 7 of the 10 collect orders and closed it out at $1316.XX and also go three bookings. I'm so excited!

<h2>1. How do I participate in the $1000 Mystery Host Show?</h2><p>To participate, you simply need to collect $100 in orders from friends, family, or coworkers. This can be done by passing around a catalog or using our online announcement feature. </p><h2>2. What are the benefits of participating in the show?</h2><p>As a participant, you have the chance to win various prizes, including free products, discounts, and a chance to secure a booking for your own show. You will also receive a free gift valued at $12 and 30% off any additional orders.</p><h2>3. How will the winners be chosen?</h2><p>Once all the orders are collected, names will be drawn from the 10 participants. The prizes will be allocated as follows: one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product and a free Mini Santoku Knife, one person will win a free 8" Executive Skillet and 60% off either the Ultimate Mandoline, Food Chopper, or Salad Chopper, and four people will win 50% off any one product of their choice.</p><h2>4. Can I increase my chances of winning?</h2><p>Yes! If you gather $150 in orders, you will receive an extra chance in the drawing. Additionally, if you secure a booking or book your own show, you will also receive an extra chance. Respond by June 7th to receive a free Season's Best Cookbook and another gift.</p><h2>5. When is the deadline to participate?</h2><p>The deadline to participate is June 7th. All orders must be turned in by June 18th to be counted as part of the show. Any orders turned in after this date will not be eligible for the show. </p>

1. How do I participate in the $1000 Mystery Host Show?

To participate, you simply need to collect $100 in orders from friends, family, or coworkers. This can be done by passing around a catalog or using our online announcement feature.

2. What are the benefits of participating in the show?

As a participant, you have the chance to win various prizes, including free products, discounts, and a chance to secure a booking for your own show. You will also receive a free gift valued at $12 and 30% off any additional orders.

3. How will the winners be chosen?

Once all the orders are collected, names will be drawn from the 10 participants. The prizes will be allocated as follows: one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product and a free Mini Santoku Knife, one person will win a free 8" Executive Skillet and 60% off either the Ultimate Mandoline, Food Chopper, or Salad Chopper, and four people will win 50% off any one product of their choice.

4. Can I increase my chances of winning?

Yes! If you gather $150 in orders, you will receive an extra chance in the drawing. Additionally, if you secure a booking or book your own show, you will also receive an extra chance. Respond by June 7th to receive a free Season's Best Cookbook and another gift.

5. When is the deadline to participate?

The deadline to participate is June 7th. All orders must be turned in by June 18th to be counted as part of the show. Any orders turned in after this date will not be eligible for the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • thehaleykitchen