• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Version of the $1000 Mystery Host Show....

In summary, Becky is asking for 10 people to participate in a $1000 Mystery Host Show. If 10 people collect just $100 in orders, one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product, plus a free mini santoku knife, one person will win a free 8" executive skillet, plus 60% off the ultimate mandoline, or the food chopper, or the salad chopper, four people will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!), and each participant will receive a free gift from her valued at
twinkie10 said:
I would definitely give her a half-price item regardless... she'll pay half and then you'll get another 30% off from the "host" discount... so your cost will be minimal and then just explain to her that she'll have the option of either $25 in FREE products with a 20% discount OR she can try for the $100 FREE products with a 30% discount. BUT, I would tell her that she has to make up her mind BEFORE you do the drawing. There's no changing of minds!!!!

OR, better yet, I'd say that's cool.. and automatically make her one of the three that earns $25 in FREE products with the color coated santoku knife and tell her you'll offer her a 30% discount instead of 20% since she went over and beyond!!!!

I would still count her sales toward the $1000 show. As for the PHD, if she's the only one that sells alot, I'd make her the co-host.

Keep us posted!!!

Okay - I'm thinking I could make this work....I've only heard from 3 of the people participating, and I know that 2 of them have around $300 in sales! I had totally forgotten about awarding the PHD, so I can do that with her too.

My other host who has about the same amount in sales totally gets it. When she talked to me this morning, she said that what she orders will depend on what she wins, and she is hoping for the $100 prize. So I know she is on the same page as me!

I'm just thumping my head, because I thought I'd done a decent job of explaining how it was going to work, and she (the first host) seems to be oblivious to it all. I even went to her house to drop off the packet, and go over the letter I handed out to each person.

Becky, don't kick yourself. There's always going to be someone who doesn't pay attention. Next time, she'll have a better understanding.

I think if you give here an extra reward (which she deservers) you should similarly reward the other high host. It's only good business.

Soooo, my first host just turned in her portion of the show - $340!!! WOW! At this point, I'm thinking it very well may be over $1000!

eta: 2nd host just turned in $210!!!

Ummmm, why are these ladies turning in better totals than my last 3 shows?:eek:

Last edited:
And now....another host just called to ask me about the guest special for 2 of her orders - so I know that one is over $100 also!

That is AWESOME news!!!
So, if your total goes well about $1K, then for each extra $25 level, have you considered how you'd dole out that extra FPV??

I'm just curious, b/c I really want to do this in the fall for the next SAT!!!

pampcheflisa said:
That is AWESOME news!!!
So, if your total goes well about $1K, then for each extra $25 level, have you considered how you'd dole out that extra FPV??

I'm just curious, b/c I really want to do this in the fall for the next SAT!!!

I told them that for the extra, we would throw all the names back in the bowl, and draw for more prizes! I'll just keep drawing til the free stuff is gone!:D

I just had another host turn in $155 in sales! I'm over $700 - and that is with 3 hosts turning in their orders!

Oh- and extra great news - 2 of them had people who want to book! I have 2 bookings from this so far too! I am so pumped! I was feeling discouraged by my lack of sales this month...not lack of shows - just very low sales....and this is such a boost for me!

Every host I've talked to has told me what a great idea they think this is - and that they love the format, and would be willing to do it again - so I will most definitely do it again in November!!!

Go Becky, Go Becky! Way to go! SAT, here you come!!! :)

I sent my version of you email. The first of a 5 email batch was sent at 7:40pm & less than two hours later I have my 1st reply for YES! Thanks so much Becky for posting this I needed some help.

This is such a great idea!!!! I'm going to do this in Nov. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

I have 7. But my thought is that most people will get more than $100 in orders so it will still be close to a $1000 show. If it's less, that's ok...it's still more than I had to begin with.

snellskitchen said:
I have 7. But my thought is that most people will get more than $100 in orders so it will still be close to a $1000 show. If it's less, that's ok...it's still more than I had to begin with.

I'm still waiting on several to turn in their orders. I've had 4 turn in orders so far, and I am at $820 in sales!

That's great Becky!
Did you end up with 10 doing it? I seem to be stuck at 8; can't get anyone else to do it....but I can still end up with 1K...

lacychef said:
That's great Becky!
Did you end up with 10 doing it? I seem to be stuck at 8; can't get anyone else to do it....but I can still end up with 1K...

I only have 8 too - but it's still going to work out great! That will actually mean more stuff for the ones who did participate!:thumbup:

Hey, that's true! I'm just staying confident that my 8 are getting more than 100 each.

lacychef said:
Hey, that's true! I'm just staying confident that my 8 are getting more than 100 each.

Everyone has turned in more than $100 each so far for me! And, I was just thinking - that doesn't include their orders....so the actual show total will go up even more!:thumbup:

The host who turned in $340 - she sent an email to everyone at work saying that she was wanting to help out a friend.....and she just needed 10 people to order $10.....and look what that turned into!:D

Wow, Becky! What an awesome idea!! I've been a little bit out of the Chef Success loop and just saw this thread today... :( You guys think it's too late for June?? I will work on it.....I need sales this month!!! Only had too shows so far, with no others on the books. So, it's not going so well for SAT...:(

I can't wait to hear how everyone's shows turned out!! :) Good luck to all!

Mine is closing today. I have only had 2 turn their orders in so far.
What do you do to get them to turn them in????

krzymomof4 said:
Mine is closing today. I have only had 2 turn their orders in so far.
What do you do to get them to turn them in????

I told them all I was leaving for vacation Sat. morning, and if I don't have their orders by today, they can't be included as part of the show.

Down side to that is then I won't have the 1k show

PChefPEI

I just sent my version of her email last night & already have two on board. I'd go ahead if I were you. I put to let me know by Sat. the 21st & close was on Sat 28th. Anything is better than nothing. Good Luck!

I say go for it, what do you have to loose..not much, but you can at least get a few hundred together for a quick show.

krzymomof4 said:
Down side to that is then I won't have the 1k show
Maybe call and remind them you need their orders....people forget - especially during the summer months.

I sent an email, but if I don't get anymore by tonight...I will definately be calling tomorrow. I want all of this done before I leave for NC.

PChefPEI said:
Wow, Becky! What an awesome idea!! I've been a little bit out of the Chef Success loop and just saw this thread today... :( You guys think it's too late for June?? I will work on it.....I need sales this month!!! Only had too shows so far, with no others on the books. So, it's not going so well for SAT...:(

I started mine yesterday, had 3 replies right away, and am going to follow up with others today. It is cutting it close, but I would say go for it, especially if you need to sales. You can do it!

PChefPEI said:

It would be great to do this as July with the extra FPV. It wouldn't count towards SAT, but you would have more free credit to give away.

Okay, so I will get my email out today! :)

Question - could I close into July if I had to and still have the sales count as June sales?? :confused:

Not for Sell a Thon. The SAT info specifically states "held and submitted in June." But you can close it in July if you don't need it to count for SAT.

Okay, so here's Becky's opening....
I have some HUGE goals in June (one is to stay on track for earning the Mexican Riviera Vacation!) - However, because of weddings, graduations, family commitments, and vacation (sound familiar?) I have run out of available show dates.

Anyone else have other opening ideas? Doesn't really fit for me....

chefann said:
Not for Sell a Thon. The SAT info specifically states "held and submitted in June." But you can close it in July if you don't need it to count for SAT.

Thanks Ann! Makes sense....

PChefPEI said:
Okay, so here's Becky's opening....
I have some HUGE goals in June (one is to stay on track for earning the Mexican Riviera Vacation!) - However, because of weddings, graduations, family commitments, and vacation (sound familiar?) I have run out of available show dates.

Anyone else have other opening ideas? Doesn't really fit for me....

How about: I have some HUGE goals in July (one is to stay on track for earning a trip for 2 (or whatever your desire is), and second is to help a LOT of people outfit their kitchens!).

Sallie_M said:
How about: I have some HUGE goals in July (one is to stay on track for earning a trip for 2 (or whatever your desire is), and second is to help a LOT of people outfit their kitchens!).

Hey Sallie! Where have you been? Are you going to Conference?

Okay, so I sent out the email last evening and got 2 replies already. One is my host from Wednesday night wondering if her show would count towards it. Since her show is at $600, I thought I would suggest to her that she can take some of her sales (her outside orders?) and put towards this. You think that's a good idea? I'll make sure she knows what benefits she would be giving up.

Also, the other participant wants me to set her up for online orders. I hadn't really thought of that, but can I put the online show in her name? I'm not quite sure how that works? Do I get notification of an order and then have to enter in PP? Haven't had many online sales, as you can guess! LOL

She also wondered if her friend from Australia would order something...we can't sell to other countries, can we? Unless, I guess, she bought it herself and shipped it out to her......

Keeping my fingers crossed for more replies today! :)

How's everyone else getting along? Becky, I think you're gone on vacation now, but I'm curious to know what your show closed at?

We had sent out emails too and we've got $300 in orders turned in so far.

Shooting for that $3000 mark this month. That would be the first time we'd do that in a sell-a-thon. We've had the 2 shows and we've had the $1500.
Shooting for that next level.

I for one am doing a July one...with $315 to give away......and I changed Becky's up a bit..I personally am NOT giving them each a $12 value gift....I sent am email yesterday morning and have 6 all ready...great idea!

lisa717 said:
I for one am doing a July one...with $315 to give away......and I changed Becky's up a bit..I personally am NOT giving them each a $12 value gift....I sent am email yesterday morning and have 6 all ready...great idea!

I am getting ready to finish mine up - and then I'll post the final results.

Just wanted to say again that the reason I have the $12 gift, and some of the other giveaways is because I hosted my own Power Cooking Clinic ($800 show) and used the free product value to buy the giveaways I am doing.

I am putting people on there like shows & letting their friends order b/c you have to actually put it into pp3 yourself so you can put it in the big show. I'm so excited for you!

QUOTE=PChefPEI]Okay, so I sent out the email last evening and got 2 replies already. One is my host from Wednesday night wondering if her show would count towards it. Since her show is at $600, I thought I would suggest to her that she can take some of her sales (her outside orders?) and put towards this. You think that's a good idea? I'll make sure she knows what benefits she would be giving up.

Also, the other participant wants me to set her up for online orders. I hadn't really thought of that, but can I put the online show in her name? I'm not quite sure how that works? Do I get notification of an order and then have to enter in PP? Haven't had many online sales, as you can guess! LOL

She also wondered if her friend from Australia would order something...we can't sell to other countries, can we? Unless, I guess, she bought it herself and shipped it out to her......

Keeping my fingers crossed for more replies today! :)

How's everyone else getting along? Becky, I think you're gone on vacation now, but I'm curious to know what your show closed at?[/QUOTE]

ChefBeckyD said:
I am getting ready to finish mine up - and then I'll post the final results.

Just wanted to say again that the reason I have the $12 gift, and some of the other giveaways is because I hosted my own Power Cooking Clinic ($800 show) and used the free product value to buy the giveaways I am doing.

OH ok I thought you were being a little too generous there....LMAO

I'm giving everyone a choice of either the "grill it quick" or "spin on salads". I figured using the host discount, plus the comission I'll make on a 1K show; I can afford to give them a little thank you gift:)
Can't wait to hear your results Becky!
Have an awesome vacation!

lacychef said:
I'm giving everyone a choice of either the "grill it quick" or "spin on salads". I figured using the host discount, plus the comission I'll make on a 1K show; I can afford to give them a little thank you gift:)
Can't wait to hear your results Becky!
Have an awesome vacation!

That was my thought too. Haven't decided exactly what my gift will be though. We'll see! :)

New to reading this thread. I can't wait to see your final results Becky. I need to start contacting my old customers so I can get back in the game and do a show like this in the fall. Way to go!

-Rocki

Becky, you have to tell us how you did before you leave for vacation! Also, just to warn you they are shipping really fast, I don't remember exactly how long you will be gone for but the orders will come quickly after you submit them.

One of my hosts called earlier to tell me she has a booking. Another lady she works with wants to do a book party this month to get the mandoline on sale:thumbup:

UGGG....Mine was supposed to end yesterday. Only got 2 to turn in their orders so far. Called the others and they are like "can you give me a few more days.."
I would close, but am only at $300 sales!!

krzymomof4 said:
UGGG....Mine was supposed to end yesterday. Only got 2 to turn in their orders so far. Called the others and they are like "can you give me a few more days.."
I would close, but am only at $300 sales!!

I'm having a hard time getting hosts to give me their orders!

I ended up with only 7 turning their orders in - it's weird, because I know (or at least they told me) that the other 2 had orders to turn in. I guess if they do it now, I can do a mini mystery host show for them....

But I have 3 hosts who are "Having a hard time deciding...."......

You're leaving today, right Becky? Hope you have time to update us, but if not we'll be excited to hear your results when you get home!
Have a wonderful vacation:)

lacychef said:
You're leaving today, right Becky? Hope you have time to update us, but if not we'll be excited to hear your results when you get home!
Have a wonderful vacation:)

LOL - just coming on to update - because we are getting ready to leave right now!

I had a couple hosts I didn't hear back from.....crazy - because I am almost certain they had orders....maybe life just got too busy. I can't hold it open, because I won't be back until July.....soooo, with what I have turned in, I will be closing my Mystery Host Show at:

$1218.40!

I am thrilled! Everyone who participated wants to do it again - so I will be doing one in November too.

Now - gotta finish getting ready to leave - DH wants to be pulling out in one hour!:eek:

Great Job Becky!!

Congrats Becky - that is awesome!

WOO HOO BECKY!!! Congrats on the great show! That's awesome!

Now, I didn't get anymore interest....gotta get on the phone! If it happens that there's not enough time, I'll just close in July. Not the end of the world. Will do it again at the beginning of the next sell-a-thon! :)

I have 8 who just ordered the $100 themselves I'm encouraging them to collect orders

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • thehaleykitchen