• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Thanks: Incentives & Recognition for $1000 Show Hosts

In summary, the expert recommends rewarding $1000 show hosts with an unlimited half-price, providing them with a list of things to buy at half-price, and having a brunch for all of their $1000 show hosts at the end of the year.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Do any of you offer any extra incentives or recognition to your $1000 show hosts? I would love to come up with something to encourage them and to recognize them when they achieve it? I know that PC offers them quite a bit but I would just like to really come up with a way to acknowledge the effort that they have put into the show, inviting the people, getting outside orders, follow up calls, etc. I have hosts that follow that '$1000 recipe' and achieve their goal. Its pretty easy when they follow the steps. I'm just looking at something simple that says thank you for being a great hostess to work with. Does this make sense?

When my hosts reach the $1,000 level, I make it unlimited half-price. Once they've gone through the $215+ of free product, there's not a lot left. If they do the 4 half-price items, there's even less left that they want to get. If you put the 4 highest-priced half-price items under the 4 that hosts get, the remainder are at 30% off with their host discount. You're paying 20% which is less than the commission that you're getting on the show. I typically only spend $5-10 total on whatever additional half-price they get. It's a great motivator for hosts.

I used to pay for the ingredients when they reached $1,000, but a friend who became a consultant said that did not motivate her at all while the half-price did.

I know a very successful consultant does an annual brunch for her $1,000 hosts from the past year. It is not a selling opportunity, just a thank-you event that she and her husband do. People will rebook and make sure they get to $1,000 so that they get invited back. She gives them a nice product gift. She's a director so uses her director product pack.

I have a list on my website that celebrates my top shows.

I have a list of $1,000+ hosts on my "news" section of my PWS too! :D

I add them to my Walk of Fame.

I know our Advanced Directors offer to have the orders shipped to them and they sort them out as a "service" for those $1000 hosts. $1000 of product is a LOT of product so it's a nice little benefit for the host to not have to sort all that herself!

I had my first $1000+ host ($1444) take a photograph with all her free and discounted products and email it to me...and she became my screensaver. Others ask how they get to be my screensaver...and I let them know, best her party and send me your picture. Now her daughter ($1617 and that was January with 50% more free!) flips on my screensaver along with her mom.

Some great ideas. Thanks so much for the Help!

I heard in one of the conference recordings, I believe in Goal Settings, the speaker Penny does a brunch at the end of the year for all her $1000 show host. I thought that was pretty neat.

littlemaisyPC said:
I heard in one of the conference recordings, I believe in Goal Settings, the speaker Penny does a brunch at the end of the year for all her $1000 show host. I thought that was pretty neat.

Wow - with her show avg - that would be a lot of people!

She is in my big cluster (we share a Sr. Director) and I saw her stats for January today. She did over $10000 for the month - and recruited 3!

I usually ask if there is a Pantry item they would like to have and then add that onto their order.

I really love the unlimited half price. You're right, so few people would actually need to take advantage and if they did it wouldn't cost us much. BUt if someone offered me that, I would strive for the unlimited half price. Most hosts probably wouldn't think about the fact that they won't need much else! :)

I'd be afraid they would go for the big stuff! I'd probably put a cap on their spending vs. "unlimited" half priced. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - with her show avg - that would be a lot of people!

She is in my big cluster (we share a Sr. Director) and I saw her stats for January today. She did over $10000 for the month - and recruited 3!

Wow she is so amazing.

At the end of the recording she said that she now has to rent out a place so she can fit everyone.

Even if they go for the big stuff, you do that as the 4 half-price from the company. They may tell you: I want x, y, z and q at half-price as well as this cookware set, the knife block, and the mixing bowls. I can guarantee that x, y, z and q don't total much. You do the cookware, knives and bowls and x as the 4 half-price. The 30% off y, z and q leaves you with putting 20% of it as consultant gift. Even if y, z and q total $100, 30% leaves a balance of $70, then subtract the $50 that she's paying for it at half-price. That leaves $20. Your commission on the $70 (remember, host order commissionable part) is at least $15.40 making your true cost $4.60 at most, for a show that you made at least $220 in commission on.

Go and look at a recent $1,000 show where your host used any of her 30% discount and run the numbers as if you had given her unlimited half-price on the rest of her order.

The motivation factor is pretty high for them to reach that level.

Becca_in_MD said:
Even if they go for the big stuff, you do that as the 4 half-price from the company. They may tell you: I want x, y, z and q at half-price as well as this cookware set, the knife block, and the mixing bowls. I can guarantee that x, y, z and q don't total much. You do the cookware, knives and bowls and x as the 4 half-price. The 30% off y, z and q leaves you with putting 20% of it as consultant gift. Even if y, z and q total $100, 30% leaves a balance of $70, then subtract the $50 that she's paying for it at half-price. That leaves $20. Your commission on the $70 (remember, host order commissionable part) is at least $15.40 making your true cost $4.60 at most, for a show that you made at least $220 in commission on.

Go and look at a recent $1,000 show where your host used any of her 30% discount and run the numbers as if you had given her unlimited half-price on the rest of her order.

The motivation factor is pretty high for them to reach that level.

Actually seeing the breakdown, makes more sense. I like this idea!

Becca,
I am assuming that you have never hard this effect you negatively. What have you averaged having to put into it with the unlimited half price?

I work to get the subtotal as close to zero as possible, which saves them the most. So 3 of my 7 $1,000+ hostesses paid 53 cents, 70 cents & 18 cents after the 30% discount! LOL But if I had offered this, they probably would have bought more since they had bigger wish lists but didn't want to spend too much out of pocket. The one who spent $112 before her 50% & 60% items, wants to be a consultant, but she's already gotten into trouble at work for mixing full time job with PC invitations. So she knows that she would get into trouble if any of her co-workers or customers were her PC customers too. She pretty much wants 2-3 pieces of everything in the catalog! So her show would have cost me $32 as-is, but I'm sure she'd have added more if it was cheaper for her out of pocket! LOL She would definitely be the one who would dip into my profit!!! ;)

It pretty consistently only costs me about $7, which is less than me paying for the ingredients. If they do the big ticket items (cookware, knife block set) at half-price, they're already spent a lot out of pocket and don't do too much more with the unlimited half-price.

Even if Sheila's consultant wannabe junkie were to go overboard, those are commissionable sales that can help bump you to a higher level for the month and add to trip points.

1. What are the incentives for hosting a $1000 Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of incentives for hosting a $1000 show, including free products, discounted products, and host-exclusive items. Additionally, hosts can earn percentage discounts on their own purchases based on the total sales from their show.

2. How do I qualify for the incentives as a host?

To qualify for the incentives, hosts must have a minimum of $1000 in sales from their show. This can be achieved through a combination of orders from guests at the show and personal purchases by the host.

3. Can I choose which products I receive for free or at a discount?

While hosts cannot choose specific products for their free or discounted items, they can indicate their preferences for certain categories (such as cookware, bakeware, or kitchen tools) when booking their show. Pampered Chef will do their best to accommodate these preferences based on availability.

4. When will I receive my incentives as a host?

Incentives for hosting a $1000 show will be shipped to the host approximately 2-4 weeks after the show date. If any items are on backorder, they will be shipped separately as soon as they become available.

5. Can I combine the incentives with other host rewards or discounts?

The incentives for hosting a $1000 show cannot be combined with other host rewards or discounts. However, hosts can still earn the standard host rewards for their show, which include free and discounted products based on the total sales and bookings from their show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
linojackie
Replies
Views
EgresiPC
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows