• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, the Tension Has Built Again...

In summary, the tension has risen again around here. Some people are trying to not read too much into what people type, while others are trying to remember other people's feelings.
Thanks, everyone! (Sorry for the hijack!)

pamperedlinda said:
I know what you mean Lacey. I tell everyone that I flavor my french vanilla creamer with coffee! LOL

Ha! My husband says he likes a little coffee with his cream and sugar :)

I absolutely LOVE the smell of coffee but don't like the taste. I just decorated the teacher's lounge at my son's school and made a "coffee bar" in the corner. I took a hurricane glass jar, put a pillar candle in it, and put coffee beans around it. It smelled SO good and was so cute. I'm making myself one so I can smell it!! :)

pamperedlinda said:
I know what you mean Lacey. I tell everyone that I flavor my french vanilla creamer with coffee! LOL
What do you mean, that's the only way to drink coffee!:p

PampMomof3 said:
Well I missed it as well!! Thank goodness!
Yep! Me too! I got sick last night and haven't been on here in almost 24 hours so I am in the dark! I thought I was having withdrawls this morning! LOL!:p :D

MissChef said:
Yep! Me too! I got sick last night and haven't been on here in almost 24 hours so I am in the dark! I thought I was having withdrawls this morning! LOL!:p :D

Well, hopefully the cause of all the tension has gone today, so we can all be happy with our coffee and posting!:D

I like my first 2 cups of coffee black and strong.....and then I like a cup or 2 with french vanilla creamer.
My favorite way to make coffee though, is to add a couple drops of vanilla extract, and a couple shakes of cinnamon plus blend to the grounds before brewing......mmmmmm! Smells and tastes so good!

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, hopefully the cause of all the tension has gone today, so we can all be happy with our coffee and posting!:D

I like my first 2 cups of coffee black and strong.....and then I like a cup or 2 with french vanilla creamer.
My favorite way to make coffee though, is to add a couple drops of vanilla extract, and a couple shakes of cinnamon plus blend to the grounds before brewing......mmmmmm! Smells and tastes so good!
I got to go, I need my coffee now, I'm almost salavating (sp?) now, thanks a lot Becky! LOL!:p :D
I hadn't had any coffee yet, because my stomach was not well last night at all! And I wanted to make sure that I was past feeling ill. Well I had my small bowl of cereal about 45 minutes ago and I feel good, so I'm off to get that coffee. My hubby likes his coffee so strong, his spoon can stand up in it! And over the years, I now drink it the same way! But I always have some cream and sugar. I can't do black coffee, I just can't:yuck: ! But to each is own!;) :)

MissChef said:
I got to go, I need my coffee now, I'm almost salavating (sp?) now, thanks a lot Becky! LOL!:p :D
I hadn't had any coffee yet, because my stomach was not well last night at all! And I wanted to make sure that I was past feeling ill. Well I had my small bowl of cereal about 45 minutes ago and I feel good, so I'm off to get that coffee. My hubby likes his coffee so strong, his spoon can stand up in it! And over the years, I now drink it the same way! But I always have some cream and sugar. I can't do black coffee, I just can't:yuck: ! But to each is own!;) :)

Hope you're feeling better today Cathy!

I thought of you this morning.....pms'ing over here, and seriously think I've begun peri-menopause. Waking up with night sweats, wacky cycle all of a suddern....not fun!:yuck:

Hey Becky, you could be pregnant....

My DH love coffee more then anybody I know. We have a semi pro maker in our kitchen here at home. It's set up like a total coffee shop in here. My sister got him a coffee board for Christmas!!! I laughed so hard. We even have "coffee" nights here. Hubby has so much fun:)

pamperedlinda said:
hahahahahahaha!

I am a 42 yr old mom of a 3 yr old....and I'm not a celebrity - so I won't be having any more!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am a 42 yr old mom of a 3 yr old....and I'm not a celebrity - so I won't be having any more!
Sounds like we both started having our family later in life. My son is 5 and I just turned 46. I would like to have had more, but I waited too long. Besides that, the Lord only gives up what we can handle and he must have known that one was good for me.....DS is very time-consuming!

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds like we both started having our family later in life. My son is 5 and I just turned 46. I would like to have had more, but I waited too long. Besides that, the Lord only gives up what we can handle and he must have known that one was good for me.....DS is very time-consuming!

Yep, married when I was 34, had DS when I was 39.....and I am exhausted at the end of the day with him!

He is a handful - even has his own special chart at pre-school. He wants to not only tell all the other 3 yr olds how things should be done, but also his teachers.....so he has a special cooperation chart!

....and I am re-reading The Strong-Willed Child for the 3rd time!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We'll be fine as long as we don't go posting copies of e-mails, scans of checks, making comments about people doing dumb things and, especially, avoid the sandbox where the little kids are playing with buckets and shovels.

You crack me up KG!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep, married when I was 34, had DS when I was 39.....and I am exhausted at the end of the day with him!He is a handful - even has his own special chart at pre-school. He wants to not only tell all the other 3 yr olds how things should be done, but also his teachers.....so he has a special cooperation chart!....and I am re-reading The Strong-Willed Child for the 3rd time!
Kyle was pretty strong-willed and stubborn until about 3 1/2! I stay firm in my rules and keep reminding myself that God has something special planned for the determined attitude someday!I have to add though that since in SS and AWANA and actually at the age to start to understand Biblical principles, I've seen a change in him and his interaction with others. He is very detailed and process-oriented but very sensitive to people now too.

Wow
pamperedlinda said:

You do not look in any way shape or form 46!! You go girl!!

smarteez2 said:
You do not look in any way shape or form 46!! You go girl!!
Why thank you! That picture is @ a year old and was taken on a good hair day :D LOL My family actually has good 'young looking' genes - you should see my 90 y/o granny - she doesn't look a day over 70 :love:

NO doubt Linda! I still see your avatar pic and think of Tori Spelling back from 90210 so what about 18 years old! Seriously you looke amazing!

No doubt Linda~I never would have guessed that was your age! Lucky you! Probably no grey hairs either....now me, I inherited the grey-early genes. I've had grey hairs that I've been dying since I was 18:grumpy:

LOL Becky at your comment back to Linda!

Maybe it was me reading too much into some posts yesterday; but there were several threads where people were getting pretty snippy....maybe it was just a bad day for some!

lacychef said:
No doubt Linda~I never would have guessed that was your age! Lucky you! Probably no grey hairs either....now me, I inherited the grey-early genes. I've had grey hairs that I've been dying since I was 18:grumpy:

Maybe it was me reading too much into some posts yesterday; but there were several threads where people were getting pretty snippy....maybe it was just a bad day for some!

No, there were a few on edge yesterday...I noticed too...

janetupnorth said:
Kyle was pretty strong-willed and stubborn until about 3 1/2! I stay firm in my rules and keep reminding myself that God has something special planned for the determined attitude someday!

I have to add though that since in SS and AWANA and actually at the age to start to understand Biblical principles, I've seen a change in him and his interaction with others. He is very detailed and process-oriented but very sensitive to people now too.

Micah is very strong willed. We say all the time that when he is 16, it will be great - because already he is such a leader, and NOT a follower! Our prayer all the time is that we will be able to harness that strength, and teach him how to use it for good. I pray out loud with him every night that way, and also pray that he will learn to be a strong man of God, who loves God and people.

We stay firm and consistent, and keep the boundaries there for him. He is doing MUCH better at home, but is still trying to push all of the boundaries at school.

I absolutley know what you mean Becky!

My son is very strong-willed. DH says all the time that he wishes he could find a way to direct all of Jacob's energies into something productive!

rennea said:
My DH love coffee more then anybody I know. We have a semi pro maker in our kitchen here at home. It's set up like a total coffee shop in here. My sister got him a coffee board for Christmas!!! I laughed so hard. We even have "coffee" nights here. Hubby has so much fun:)

What do you have? When we were overseas we had a great machine: just pushed the button and had incredible fresh ground coffee. It killed me to give it away, but it was 220 power. I'm a total coffee fiend. When we built our house, we designated one room 'the coffee room'...kinda like a coffe house set-up. Now we just have to find the right maker.
leggy

(okay, that was a total hijack!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hope you're feeling better today Cathy!

I thought of you this morning.....pms'ing over here, and seriously think I've begun peri-menopause. Waking up with night sweats, wacky cycle all of a suddern....not fun!:yuck:
Thanks Becky, I am! And I've drank about 1/2 pot of coffee!! LOL!
Sorry about how you feel! I know it sucks! I had a hard one this last time, I'm still a little ishy but getting over it! My hubby keeps teasing me and telling me that I just need sex! LOL!:eek: :blushing: Because we haven't been intimate in about 10 days, he was out of town and then I started the day before he came back! He's probaby right! But don't tell him that!:p

ChefBeckyD said:
Micah is very strong willed. We say all the time that when he is 16, it will be great - because already he is such a leader, and NOT a follower! Our prayer all the time is that we will be able to harness that strength, and teach him how to use it for good. I pray out loud with him every night that way, and also pray that he will learn to be a strong man of God, who loves God and people.

We stay firm and consistent, and keep the boundaries there for him. He is doing MUCH better at home, but is still trying to push all of the boundaries at school.
Again, you remind me of me! My daughter is a handful! My son, Ryan, is a dream, I had him when I was 25. He was so easy my hubby and I said we could have 2-3 more, then we had Jessica! My hubby got a vasectomy when she was 2! No more! I had her when I was 29 and technically I was still pretty young but she exhausts me! One thing for sure is she's has been a mighty warrior for God since she could speak! And we pray for her all the time that she will channel all her passion into the kingdom and that she will continue to do mighty things for God! She goes around all the time witnessing at school and trying to "save" her friends! I have to remind her to plant seeds, and let God do the rest! Only Jesus can save us, it's not her job, I tell her, her job is to inform and then be their friend not the judge and jury! She's getting it slowly but surely!

She is very strong willed though, gets it from her dad!:rolleyes: shhhhh ....don't tell anyone, I see me in her so much it's frightening!:eek: LOL!

lacychef said:

After I put the worst offenders on ignore, my day got better and my blood pressure went way down.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
After I put the worst offenders on ignore, my day got better and my blood pressure went way down.
LMAO KG! Just think of all the $$ that feature saves you on heart meds!

legacypc46 said:
What do you have? When we were overseas we had a great machine: just pushed the button and had incredible fresh ground coffee. It killed me to give it away, but it was 220 power. I'm a total coffee fiend. When we built our house, we designated one room 'the coffee room'...kinda like a coffe house set-up. Now we just have to find the right maker.
leggy

(okay, that was a total hijack!)

We have a Saeco Incanteo it's beautiful. And yes I love the one button feature. Saeco is one of the best on the market. They have many different models as well.

pamperedlinda said:
LMAO KG! Just think of all the $$ that feature saves you on heart meds!
Yup - there's one entire thread out there that, when I open it up, is line after line that says...

This message cannot be viewed because user Moronica Dimwitz is on your ignore list.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yup - there's one entire thread out there that, when I open it up, is line after line that says...

This message cannot be viewed because user Moronica Dimwitz is on your ignore list.

You are the King of the wise-a$$ comments! LMAO I haven't yet used that feature, but I'm thinking of looking into it.

It's amazing how much easier your life can be with the iggy list.

KG, you can stick that list where the sun doesn't shine!!

On my bad monitor, I almost didn't see that. :)
At least we know AJ still has a good sense of humor through all the stress of setting up a new business and hiring!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I saw that.

its a shame you cant see everything...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I saw that.
OH CRAP!!! Guess I'm not on the list! I better behave!

AJPratt said:
OH CRAP!!! Guess I'm not on the list! I better behave!
Nah, he likes it when you treat him like that ;)

You must be mistaking me for someone over on the BDSM forum.

Oh geeze, there you go using those acronyms again! Guess I need to google that one too.....back in a little while.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh geeze, there you go using those acronyms again! Guess I need to google that one too.....back in a little while.

I googled it.....I'm too young to know that kind of stuff....:rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:

Bondage...S&M...

:eek: :eek: Okie Dokie....now THAT was an eye-opener!

There is a forum for that?!?!?!?! :eek:

So I wonder if he is "The Kitchen Guy" over there...that must go over real well...

pamperedlinda said:
:eek: :eek: Okie Dokie....now THAT was an eye-opener!

I thought you were just googling it not going to sites that require a credit card!

janetupnorth said:
There is a forum for that?!?!?!?! :eek:

So I wonder if he is "The Kitchen Guy" over there...that must go over real well...
hahahahaha!

I have to tell you, back when I first joined this group (almost 2 years ago) I had KG pictured as a large, bald, gay guy. After a few months I figured out he wasn't gay. Then when Ann posted her picture I realized that he wasn't large or bald.

Just because I know there's such a thing doesn't mean I'm a participant.I know about skydiving, too, but that doesn't mean I'd ever willingly jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

janetupnorth said:
I thought you were just googling it not going to sites that require a credit card!
I didn't even go to the sites, just read the list that popped-up when I got my response, figured it out from there.....how do you know that they require a CC?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just because I know there's such a thing doesn't mean I'm a participant.

I know about skydiving, too, but that doesn't mean I'd ever willingly jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane one time - wasn't as thrilling as I heard it was. It was a nice view though.

pamperedlinda said:
I didn't even go to the sites, just read the list that popped-up when I got my response, figured it out from there.....how do you know that they require a CC?

I dabble in the IT field remember???? Besides, I've been told by people on here... (Just kidding...)

Good answer KG. :D

pamperedlinda said:
hahahahaha!

I have to tell you, back when I first joined this group (almost 2 years ago) I had KG pictured as a large, bald, gay guy. After a few months I figured out he wasn't gay. Then when Ann posted her picture I realized that he wasn't large or bald.

I had him pictured as looking like Mr. Food.

(Which actually isn't THAT far off...)

<h2>1. What is causing the tension in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>The tension in the Pampered Chef community is often caused by misunderstandings and misinterpretations of comments and posts made by other members. It can also be fueled by strong opinions and differing viewpoints on certain topics.</p><h2>2. How can we prevent tension from rising in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>It is important for members to remember to be respectful and considerate of others' feelings and opinions. Taking a step back and refraining from reading too much into comments can also help prevent tension from escalating.</p><h2>3. Can't we all just get along in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>Absolutely! The Pampered Chef community is a place for all members to come together and share their love for cooking and the company. It is important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even when there may be disagreements.</p><h2>4. How can I address a tense situation in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>If you find yourself in a tense situation, it is best to approach it calmly and respectfully. Try to communicate clearly and avoid making assumptions about others' intentions. If needed, reach out to a moderator or administrator for assistance.</p><h2>5. Is it okay to have differing opinions in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>Yes, it is perfectly okay to have differing opinions in the Pampered Chef community. However, it is important to express these opinions respectfully and to be open to hearing others' perspectives as well. Remember, diversity and different viewpoints can enrich our community and lead to productive discussions.</p>

Related to Wow, the Tension Has Built Again...

1. What is causing the tension in the Pampered Chef community?

The tension in the Pampered Chef community is often caused by misunderstandings and misinterpretations of comments and posts made by other members. It can also be fueled by strong opinions and differing viewpoints on certain topics.

2. How can we prevent tension from rising in the Pampered Chef community?

It is important for members to remember to be respectful and considerate of others' feelings and opinions. Taking a step back and refraining from reading too much into comments can also help prevent tension from escalating.

3. Can't we all just get along in the Pampered Chef community?

Absolutely! The Pampered Chef community is a place for all members to come together and share their love for cooking and the company. It is important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even when there may be disagreements.

4. How can I address a tense situation in the Pampered Chef community?

If you find yourself in a tense situation, it is best to approach it calmly and respectfully. Try to communicate clearly and avoid making assumptions about others' intentions. If needed, reach out to a moderator or administrator for assistance.

5. Is it okay to have differing opinions in the Pampered Chef community?

Yes, it is perfectly okay to have differing opinions in the Pampered Chef community. However, it is important to express these opinions respectfully and to be open to hearing others' perspectives as well. Remember, diversity and different viewpoints can enrich our community and lead to productive discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • RMDave