• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But...

actually has a good point. I hadn't thought of that. I will try that. And thank you, Karen, for the encouragement!
pampered1224
Silver Member
I am 4 weeks into my schooling. Now, I have been doing Computer stuff for 24 years. I have worked up to 60 hours a week at two jobs but this is exhausting! I have to do 20 hours a week but am doing closer to 24. No big deal but the material is well, WOW! Anyone in the computer business? I have aced 2 of 4 tests, the other two were both A's as well. Now I am working on get this, networking. Not a problem you would think but the CompTIA A+ certification test requires that I know the differences in the types of cabling, two wire, 4 wire, twisted pair, optical the couplers as well as the gauges of the wires! Then there is the wireless frequencies as well as the FCC stuff behind it! Does anyone have any good study tips that pertain to memorizing tables of info? My teacher is leaving for good as of today and well, he told me to write out the tables over and over again but I tried that and I feel like a duck! I keep doing it but it is not sticking! I have been trying to figure out something but simply writing, then rewriting the table does not work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Oh, I am however half way through the A+ certification classes!!! And I am doing very well thus far. This part though has me a bit discouraged but I am going to spend the weekend reading the two chapters - only about 200 pages! THANKS!!!

No advice on how to learn the tables, but sending (((hugs)))! I've done 12 hour shifts 5-6 days a week for months on end and I know how exhausting it can be! There's not much time for a social life. Hopefully you'll get it to all click soon and come out brilliant on all aspects of the training. ;)

My Father-in-law works for the company Guaranteed 4.0, if you think you would be interested in their program, I can give you a referral to him. I've never reviewed the program, but I understand that it has a super high success rate for teaching people how to study smarter and retain the info.

EW! Comptia A+ is NO FUN! Just think of this though, the tech guys in the military have to take and ace those classes for certification in under 2 weeks! Imagine that stress!

Sorry- no practical help from me- just encouragement! Have you had any luck doing a google search for study tips? I don't know enough of what it is you are doing/needing to search efficiently for something for you. My husband is a CCIE in WAN Switching- but he didn't have any advice- other than just write out the tables over and over...which you are already doing (but he can learn that way....he'll spend HOURS reading the most dry books you can imagine on stuff like that). Good luck John!!

Maybe you'd have better retention if you'd keep typing the tables over and over, instead of writing them.

What about flash cards? I have a BS in Biology and that is the only way I got through Bio-Chem and Genetics! Karen

Flash cards and writing it out. Well, I have 4 days to work on it so... And I got the typing them out idea too! It is not like I do not have unlimited "virtual" paper! Word 2003, here I come. And thank you so much!

Don't laugh at me, John...but what if you put it to music? Sometimes singing it (even if it's just in my head, not out loud!) helps me to remember it.

Hey - it's how every kid learns the alphabet, right? :balloon:

I'm SO SO SO proud of you and your determination John! You can do anything you set your mind to. I've seen you do it. And, I know you can do this. You Rock Boyfriend! Hugs!!!

Have you thought of creating any pneumatic devices for them? I still remember "Kings Play Chess On Fine Green Sand" for Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species from high scool...

I don't have anything to add as far as advice. I just want you to know that I'm proud of you, and I KNOW you can do this.

John, we're all behind you. I've taken a lot of certification tests in the past few years, and studied with friends. A little late for this advice, but try teaching/explaining the concepts to a friend. Or even your dog, as I have done, if you can pretend you think your pet is following along.
More importantly, be sure to sleep and eat well. And know that you can pass!

Thanks everyone for the support! Marghi, that is a good idea. Using the repetition of writing or typing it out along with "talking it out", is a great idea. As I thought about that, I remember doing demonstrations in 4-H. Writing out the "script" then reading out loud allowed me to memorize 30 minutes worth of demo. So why not apply it here as well? Thanks! And Rae, that is a good idea too but I would be so embarrassed if I accidentally started singing out loud during the test! Not to mention I would probably scare everyone! But hey, that too might help. Combined with some sort of neumonic, I could create a mega hit song for the nerds! OSI Blues or the Ethernet Twisted Pair Rhapsody!

I recently read somewhere that when helping kids learn memorization facts, it is best to do it in the same environment or area. Like at the kitchen table or a desk or something like that. So as you are doing those other things- try to do it in the same area. I'll be looking out for your update on this next week (that's when your test is, correct?).

Yep. The test with all the table info, is Tuesday. That is the goal at least. I have three tech labs to complete on Monday and I think I should be able to do the test on Tuesday without a hitch. I only have one more chapter to read tomorrow - got through the rest today at about 175 pages so... The completion of that test will put me 2/3 of the way through with only 2 units left before I can schedule the Certification tests. Now you all want weird? I asked about the new offices going in right next to ours. It turns out that it is US BANK's IT department. That should be interesting for the school! Oh and I sort of have one of the tables down. I only have to work on 6 more! You all take care and hopefully, I can get out here before next weekend to let you all know how I did. The other good thing I learned, Unit 5 is a breeze per a couple of the other students! It is only half a page not, a page and 1/4 of things to complete before testing! Who knows? Maybe I can kick that one off the list before the end of the week!

Did not get it done yesterday as planned. I did however get it done today! I got a 981 out of 1000! That means a good solid A!!! I used the write it out in the kitchen, my make shift office only, and talked it out as well. My cat is a great listener! I got two of the table figures wrong - that is all I got wrong over all! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice!

YEAH!!! Congrats!!

Congratulations! I knew you could do it.

1. What is the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product?

The "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product is a self-care kit designed to help individuals relax and recharge after a long day. It includes items such as bath salts, scented candles, and a calming face mask.

2. How does the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product work?

The "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product works by providing a variety of items that promote relaxation and self-care. The bath salts help to soothe tired muscles, the scented candles create a calming ambiance, and the face mask helps to rejuvenate the skin.

3. Can the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product be customized?

Yes, the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product can be customized to fit individual preferences. Customers can choose the scents of the candles and bath salts, as well as the type of face mask included in the kit.

4. Is the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product suitable for sensitive skin?

Yes, the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product is suitable for sensitive skin. The bath salts and face mask are made with gentle, natural ingredients that are safe for all skin types. However, it is always recommended to patch test before use.

5. Can the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product be given as a gift?

Yes, the "Personal - Wow I Am Exhausted But..." product makes a great gift for friends or loved ones. It is packaged in a beautiful box and can be accompanied by a personalized note. Simply select the "gift" option at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224