• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Transition to Full-Time with Pampered Chef Despite Personal Challenges?

In summary, the speaker works full-time at a university but has plans to switch to working full-time with their PC business in 3 years. However, due to potential changes in administration, their position may be phased out within a year. They have a job offer but are hesitant to take it as they want to be self-employed. The speaker has 3 recruits and is planning on walking as a director at the upcoming conference. They have a busy schedule with multiple shows and medical bills to pay. They are seeking advice and encouragement from others who may have gone through a similar situation. The speaker is advised to make a plan and set high goals, utilize the momentum of promoting and conference, and make their recruits recruiters. They are also encouraged to
chefhorton
I work full-time at a University and have plans on being full-time with PC in about 3 years.
Well, last week I was informed that some changes in the administration here could result in my position being phased out within the next year. I have another job offer, but I am really hesitant to take it because I am working so hard to get out of working full-time for someone else. So it appears that I need to get everything together in about a year for this.
I have 3 recruits right now, one that is signing this week and another that is signing next week using kit credit. So I am planning on walking as a director at Conference this year. My May looks great! I have 6 shows and one catalog show this month. I need to make all of my months like this, at the very least.
My main concerns are that I am building a house right now, my little boy just had surgery and we have A LOT of medical bills right now, on top of everything else life has to offer that costs $$$.
Has anyone else ever been through this? I am welcoming any and all suggestions, ideas and words of encouragement.
Thanks in advance!
Horton

I've got no advice, only best wishes.

I also hope your little guy is recovering well.

Make a plan and do it! Many others have doen it before you. Set high goals and tell others what they are, then sit down and map out what you will do.

Use the momentum of promoting and conference to catapult your business. Oh, and, make your recruits recruiters!

Talk to your director about making a plan! Recruiting is definitely a great way to go... it will help with your income. My AD's commission check last December was $7,000! You can do it! Just break it down into small, manageable pieces!

Dear Horton,I am so sorry to hear about the potential changes at your university and the added stress of medical bills and building a house. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but I am confident that you will be able to achieve your goal of being full-time with Pampered Chef in the next three years.It's great to hear that you have already recruited three consultants and have a strong May lined up. My suggestion would be to focus on building a strong team and continuing to grow your business. As you continue to build your team, you will have more support and resources to help you reach your goals.In terms of managing your expenses, I highly recommend utilizing our budget-friendly and time-saving products in your own kitchen. Not only will this help you save money, but it will also allow you to share your personal experiences with potential customers and recruits.I also encourage you to take advantage of our training and support resources, such as the Consultant's Corner and the Director's Resource Center. These tools can help you maximize your sales and reach your goals.Lastly, don't forget to take care of yourself during this busy time. Make sure to schedule breaks and self-care activities to avoid burnout. And remember, you have a supportive community of fellow consultants who are here to offer guidance and encouragement.Best of luck to you, Horton. I have no doubt that you will achieve great success with Pampered Chef.Sincerely,

1. What is the purpose of asking career questions?

Career questions are important because they allow individuals to reflect on their career goals, gain insight into their strengths and weaknesses, and make informed decisions about their career path.

2. How can career questions help me in my job search?

Career questions can help you identify your skills, interests, and values, which can then be used to target specific industries and job roles that align with your goals and strengths. They can also help you prepare for job interviews by anticipating potential questions and crafting thoughtful responses.

3. What are some examples of career questions?

Some examples of career questions include: What are my long-term career goals? What are my top strengths and how can I utilize them in my career? What do I value most in a job? What do I enjoy doing in my free time? How do I handle stress and conflict in the workplace?

4. Can career questions be helpful for someone who is already established in their career?

Yes, career questions can be beneficial for individuals at any stage in their career. They can help professionals reassess their current goals, identify areas for growth and development, and make strategic decisions about their next career move.

5. Where can I find resources for career questions?

There are many resources available for career questions, including career counselors, online assessments, career books and articles, and networking events. You can also reach out to mentors, family and friends for their insights and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Alora Rueth
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Julie Henne
  • Gigi Metheny