• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Full Time Job, Full Time School and Pampered Chef?

In summary, I've been a hobbyist (okay I've been barely getting by) with my Pampered Chef Business for two years now. I moved two times in two years and worked full time so my PC business kept being put last on the priority list. Now I'm back in school for what is considered full time - I am finishing up my Bachelors degree and since I just finished the first quarter I'll be done in 15 months. (this school does quarters not semesters)My degree will be a BS in Leadership and I'll have "labs"
AMTC
Gold Member
I've been a hobbyist (okay I've been barely getting by) with my Pampered Chef Business for two years now. I moved two times in two years and worked full time so my PC business kept being put last on the priority list. Now I'm back in school for what is considered full time - I am finishing up my Bachelors degree and since I just finished the first quarter I'll be done in 15 months. (this school does quarters not semesters)My degree will be a BS in Leadership and I'll have "labs" where I'll have a Leadership Challenge that I'll get 2 credits for, along with other labs that I want to tie into my PC business. (I'm not a manager of any kind in my day job)I go to school every Thursday night from 6:00pm to 9:00pm and every OTHER Saturday from 8:30am to 2:00pm, although this is a hybrid course and part of it is online. I found the first quarter's workload to be light enough-I could easily get my homework done in about 4-5 hours a week- so that I'm pretty sure I can get 3 cooking shows a month in. I'd also like to try to get 1-2 catalog shows in each month too.... My Leadership class, in one of the workshops where I had to state my challenge and I used my PC business, is supportive, but asked if that is realistic with my job and school - they don't know the business well and look at it as one of the MLMs where you MUST RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT!While part of my challenge for myself will be to promote to director, my question here (because you all know the business) is Do you think this is manageable?I really want to try to focus this year and make it a business and not just a hobby.Thoughts?:confused: Thanks!oh yeah - and one of my classmates (who is in the same situation as I am) showed an interest in becoming a consultant, but we are both hesitating, I don't want to get her discouraged so I wanted to make sure it was doable. After this first quarter I feel confident it is, but wanted other thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:
It all depends on your commitment. If you want it you can do it! Make a plan and schedule your business and stick to it. Your other job and school is scheduled and you have to do some of the same planning to do the online part of school.

You can do this - remember, this schedule is temporary and the PC part will not only be rewarding but it will help you with the school part!

We look forward to hear as things progress!

Annie - Busy people DO get more done. :)I work FT, am done with school now, but have 2 young kids, help with AWANA, am a volunteer firefighter/EMT, DH works at a Christian camp where I help out...DD has piano lessons...I teach Red Cross classes...well, you get the point! It is all about what YOU want to do and what level. I personally think it would be hard for you to maintain directorship with school, but don't give up on recruiting. I have one recruit and I give her as much attention as I can and it works fine. I do PC at my pace...sometimes hobby pace, sometimes part-time. If you choose to focus on your business this next year a lot though, I think you can definitely meet your goals. Just clearly set your goals and your schedule first then stick to it!Good luck!

Annie,

My philosophy has been if you put your mind to it and want to do it, you can and will succeed. Sounds weird to say this, but from the day first day I've been with my Husband I've always had at least 2 jobs, not to the capacity I do now, but always have. When I first started doing PC, I told my director that I was going to be doing PC on top of a FT office job, working part time in retail, and then PC. She doesn't know how I do it all on top of going to the gym and finding time for myself. I came to the realization that after a while you just get used to it, and people who have time on there hands take it for granted. Me on the other hand, take advantage of every minute of the day. There are time where all I want to do is cry because I'm so tired from getting up at 5:30 am and not getting home til midnight and then having to get up the next morning again at 5:30, BUT I enjoy the rewards in the end! My beginning of December was BUSY, but when those checks come at the end of the month, I won't be complaining. It sounds like it might be a difficult time to do PC and a FT job and FT school, but just do what you think you can handle, you will know when you have too much on your plate and then you have to back down a little bit....sorry to ramble on! I hope it helps!

Scheduling and power hours have helped me. Take your calendar and mark all the things you have to do, school, work, family, appointments, ect. Then take the days you want to work your PC business and mark them with a bright pink sticky note. This will help to show your open days and help to fill your calendar with the amount of shows you want on the days you want to. When you have someone who wants to book a show, ask them which day of the week would work best for them and then tell them which days you have open according to the pink sticky notes. I start off each month with blocking the first two weeks and then I'll open the last two weeks when that's filled (helped me book 4 shows within the first 12 days of January).

Power hours are were you block off a few hours each weeks. Before your hour starts, gather your calendar, phone, etc. Then when the hour starts, work your little tushy off for that hour. If you have time at the end, take 10 minutes and get packets together, paperwork filed, etc. This helps to get as much work done within a limited amount of time.

The best thing I love about a PC business is that you can work the business around YOUR life not the other way around!

1. How do you balance a full-time job, full-time school, and Pampered Chef?

Balancing a full-time job, full-time school, and Pampered Chef can be challenging, but it is doable with proper time management. I prioritize my tasks and make use of my free time efficiently. I also have a supportive team at Pampered Chef who helps me with any tasks that I may not have time for.

2. How many hours a week do you work for Pampered Chef?

I work an average of 10-15 hours a week for Pampered Chef. However, the hours can vary depending on the time of year and any special events or promotions going on.

3. Do you have to attend in-person events for Pampered Chef?

No, I do not have to attend in-person events for Pampered Chef. With the rise of technology, I can conduct virtual parties and meetings with my clients and team members. This allows me to save time and still be able to grow my Pampered Chef business.

4. How do you manage your time during busy seasons for both work and school?

During busy seasons, I make sure to plan my schedule ahead of time and prioritize my tasks. I also communicate with my team at Pampered Chef to see if anyone can assist me with any tasks. I also make sure to take breaks and rest when needed to avoid burnout.

5. How has working for Pampered Chef impacted your full-time job and schooling?

Pampered Chef has had a positive impact on both my full-time job and schooling. It has taught me time management skills, improved my communication and networking abilities, and provided me with an additional source of income. It has also allowed me to connect with new people and build relationships, which has been beneficial in both my job and school settings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erittner
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • kewaters
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Gigi Metheny