• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Full-time Job + Pampered Chef Business: How to Manage Both?

the first hour of my work day...organizing my paperwork. I have all of my customer contact information in one place, as well as what they ordered and when. I also keep track of my sales and hostess information. I also review my recipes for the upcoming week and make any necessary phone calls. Another hint: Bring a laptop with you to work. This allows you to work while on-the-go.
kewaters
saw the thread someone was asking how SAHM manage their PC business and family time. Well, I've recently started PC, but also have a full time job. I want to hear from other Full-timers how you manage both jobs (not saying that SAHMs aren't full time jobs:)) I'm finding it difficult to have enough energy in teh evening to keep up with both. Any tips, hints would be helpful, thanks!

Last edited:
I try to do my calls at lunch. I'm fortunate enough to get an hour lunch at work, so I can go in the cafe and pull out my phone and list and make my calls. Currently, it's a bit frustrating because I haven't been good at getting the best numbers for my customers, but I'm working on that too.

The computer stuff I usually do after DS has gone to sleep.

I'm curious too as after 8 years am going to an 11-8 job and not sure how this is going to work.

I started PC a year after my divorce, my kids were 12, 10 and 8, went from being a stay at home mom to working and taking care of my family alone....I know just what you're talking about! After 8 years I still struggle with this. Honestly, give yourself a break...there's only so many hours in a day. Here's a few things that I do find helpful...
*be as organized as possible...I can waste sooo much time just "looking" for things
*when your new paperwork comes in, sort everything out and put together your Hostess Packets all at once
*copy outside order forms and such all at once
*doing one recipe for all your shows that month...really cuts down on the packing time. I'm confident that EVERYTHING is ready to go and just need to check my paperwork.
*I just began bringing my new laptop...what a blessing!!! No longer do I come home only to enter in all the orders...it already done and I just give things a quick check.
*I ask permission to follow up with email...I know it's not the BEST way...but sometimes it my ONLY way
*I have my thank you email to host, thank you to guest letters SAVED so that all I have to do is update and then send out...this is when I add those new contacts to my email address book for my newsletter.
*subscribe to an newsletter...I use to write my own! I use MyEmailDesigns.com (would love the referral if you go with it Cindy Palahniuk) and all I add in is my available show dates and send them out.
*I try to only use Pampered Partners and my calendar for notes...I know that alot of consultants use notebooks and separate calendars...for me, it's too many places to look! I use the "new task" in PP for my phone appointments and show notes.
*I do interactive shows and create "show steps" for each recipe...I find that this keeps me better organized. It has the recipe, the recipe sets for my guests to follow at the show, and the tools I need to pack....and then I save this within my "documents" for future use.
*bring things with you to look over at work...the new Consultants News or Season's Best...bring your calendar and make a few calls during your break or lunch...look over your show recipe and steps for the upcoming week...drop off hostess packets at the post office or hostess home.
*ALWAYS remember WHY you started PC...I didn't want to give up a moment away from my kids! I was able to work PC part time, yet still be home with them, attend all their activities and be there when the friends were over. PC has given me that opportunity...I have 3 AMAZING children and I've been there with them every step of the way....that's my WHY... NEVER lose sight of your WHY!!!Best of luck to you.....

I work full time rotating shift work. When I'm working the 3 - 11 shift, I don't even try to work my business except for emails. I admire the moms with young kids because when we keep a friends 3 year old on weekends, she wants our full attention.

View attachment WeeklyPlanner.pdf

View attachment powerhour.doc

I work full-time as a teacher. After 17 years of teaching, I utilize every minute at work, so I don't have to take work home. I have set a "work hour" nightly for PC that I make my calls, and the kids know not to disturb during this time 7-8 PM. (or I'm at a show). I spend time on the computer after kids have gone to bed.

Biggest hint: Find a way of organizing your paperwork, past host information, and how you will spend your time. Check out the attached article about the "power hour". This really works.

I spend one time slot a month: creating my recipe choices that I set for two months at a time, filling my guests packets 'page protectors, updating my website, and taking my copies to be copied for a two month period (host special flyer, outside order forms, etc.).

I use the kids help in ways they can help. They stamp brochures and catalogs and help fill my host packets. I try to save $ on stamps by personally dropping off host packets. I do this on my way out for things with the kids in the car.

I use as much of what PC gives us, so I don't have to spend time recreating. I love CC for those who have put in time to create flyers.

Everything has a place, a file, or a way of organizing, so it's easy to find. I have only a small desk in my bedroom for PC. I have a hanging divided file holder on my wall that has folders labeled: 1. Host packet (which I keep the show outline in, information about how to utilize my website); 2.business opportunity;3. monthly host specials,;4.outside order forms5. fundraising 6. catalog show 7. bridal

I have a bulletin board above my desk, which I keep my goals, current specials, and inspiration.

Thanks for the great sharing everyone. I too work full time and it is a balancing act. I have listed what I do on previous threads but it is all very similar to what these ladies do.

What I really fought with last year is this cycle I got into. I would come home from work and felt mentally spent (well physically too but my job is not physically demanding at all). My phone calls got behind, my team support got behind and I mentally beat my self up so bad that it was a vicious cycle. One negative thing fed off another.

This summer I have dug in and filled that calendar. I have 2 recruit leads that I hope to sign soon. I had used the PP3 task list before but had it in my mind that everything had to be done. Now I am using it in a more positive way. I find it so helpful to have the phone numbers right there and do not have to look them up each time I make a list.

Wow! thanks for the great response and feedback. some of these ideas i think will really help. thanks, again!

Thank you for the info. I too work full time and commute also to that job. It is very hard to get going. I also have had 3 brain surgeries this year and they seem to come around the time I just get a little bit of excitement going. I just keep telling myself that it is my business and I set my goals. So I try to set my goals small enough that they are attainable yet significant that I see them every day. So far I set goals to get the stainless steel cookware, the forgerd cutlery and do minor home maintenance. I have done all but the cutlery in just 2 months. It keeps me motivated.

I know how you feel. I am not as organized as I should be and somethings take a little longer to do and feel comfortable with because it feels like I am starting over with each show. But what I tell myself that may help you is do not get discouraged. This is your business and you set your goals. So make sure they are something you can accomplish and you will feel great when you reach them. Nothing says that you have to be ready to stop working full time to be a full time Pampered Chef Consultant. You have as long as you want or need to take. That is the fantastic thing about this business. Keep up the good work.
Nancy

Hey all,

Not only do I work full time (with a job where sometimes I'm working days, and sometimes I'm working nights), but I also a community theater actor, and do about two shows a year, each with about 8 weeks of rehearsals. First and foremost, I say this at my shows so that people know that it IS possible to work PC around a busy schedule.

My PC calendar is my life support. I write EVERYTHING in there. First, I fill out when I'm working my full time job, then I write in any rehearsals, performances, or social things that I have planned. Then, whatever days are blank, I put small yellow post its on the days that I want to work my PC business, and I try to fill those days up with shows. My schedule doesn't always permit me to have 2 shows a week, but I do my best!!!

I also work a FT job but have all grown and living on their own children. I also have a very supportive DH. Unless I have a show, I am in my office from 7-9 p.m. most nights (on the phone, preparing host packets, etc.). I am a 3-ring binder person. That is how I stay organized and how I find anything in my office...except for now when we are not finished with one season yet I have everything ready for next season piled.

I love this tread. I also work f-t, have a 7 & 5 year old and am a Girl Scout Leader for both. It has been a huge challenge. My biggest dilemma is organization. I keep telling DH if I were organized, I would do so much better. The bad thing is in order to do so, I need to find time. It's a vicious circle, but I've been spending 15 minutes here and there to organize then feel guilty that I'm not making calls:( I even tried a headset to do both, but just found myself not doing either properly. I am taking Cindy's advise on several things and do always have in the back of my head on how much I love this biz and how I feel doing it and it helps me to plug along. After conference, I had a little talk with hubby and kids that I need them more involved. Since then, they've been helping me with catalogs and guest/host packets, etc. We make it fun and I get to spend more time with them and "work" at the same time:)

I have found this to be especially hard this last year my son is 20 but goes to school and works but he still lives at home and my DD is in middle school and she is ADD, I also teach from 7:30 -3:00 everyday, after homework and running around I do not have much energy... I have 30 min for lunch and by the time I drop my class off I only have about 20 min to actually eat! that's the one thing I hate about my job my day is super busy and hardly have time for pc at work..

I know that feeling too - getting home from work and your mind just wants to shut down. I try to set aside my Sunday nights to do most of my work. I will check on things but I do nothing major during the week. My FT schedule is such that I only have parties on weekends so...
One thing I found that is also helpful is being organized. I don't mean having my phone list, party list or anyting like that. What I mean is I make sure I have my HOUSE in order. If I am sitting in my kitchen, which is where I work on my PC business and it is in disaray, I find I am too. I keeping looking at the clutter and what not and keep getting distracted. So, before I even try to sit and do PC, I clean up the dirty dishes, try to put things back in their place, take a short break of about half hour, then I put my PC hat on and it makes it so much easier.

1. How much time do I need to commit to my Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job?

The amount of time needed to manage both a full-time job and a Pampered Chef business will vary depending on your schedule and goals. However, as a general recommendation, it is important to dedicate at least 10-15 hours per week to your Pampered Chef business in order to see significant growth and success.

2. What are some effective time management techniques for balancing my full-time job and Pampered Chef business?

Some effective time management techniques include setting a schedule for your Pampered Chef business, prioritizing tasks, and delegating responsibilities to others. It is also helpful to utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to stay organized and on top of tasks.

3. Can I still be successful in my Pampered Chef business if I have a demanding full-time job?

Yes, it is possible to be successful in your Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job. It may require some strategic planning and time management, but many consultants have successfully balanced both responsibilities and achieved their goals.

4. How can I promote my Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job?

There are various ways to promote your Pampered Chef business, even while working a full-time job. Utilize social media platforms, host virtual or in-person parties, attend local events, and reach out to friends and family for support. You can also take advantage of Pampered Chef's marketing materials and resources to help promote your business.

5. What are the benefits of having a Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job?

Having a Pampered Chef business while working a full-time job can provide various benefits, such as additional income, personal and professional growth, and the opportunity to build relationships with customers and fellow consultants. It can also allow for a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Sherry Leigh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Admin Greg