• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Curious About New Website Transition

In summary, the group discussed the upcoming launch of a new website and downloadable app. There are concerns about losing information during the transition, but it has been confirmed that contacts will be transferred over. Some members have suggested setting up contacts as groups in order to be better organized. There is no set timeline for the launch, but it is expected to be in the spring. The group is eagerly anticipating the launch and some have even had dreams about using the app. Despite the anticipation and speculation, it has been acknowledged that the launch will happen when it happens and to trust in the process."
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
So, ok. I have sent a message to the HO asking that if I start setting up this rather large fundraiser (scheduled for May) on my website now, will my information be lost? or transitioned to the new website in the slight chance it will be active then?

I'm being furnished with over 200 email addresses to add to my website for auto reminders, etc., but heck... I don't want to enter them all and find out they are useless because they will be lost when the new website is launched.

Right now, I've just gotten the auto reply email and I'm only going to cross my fingers that I will receive good news!

Also, I really wish they would at least tell us how much memory this new downloadable app is going to take! Has anyone higher up heard anything that can be shared?

Have you seen the most recent "training" about the new web on cc? It does say contacts will be transfered over. I am not 100% sure of the PWS show information, but since we know the contacts will be transfered, what I would do in your case is set up each of those contacts as a group name (such as XXX Fundraiser). You can edit group names and add your own in PP3.

I did see that about the contacts and I'm quite confident I've got all of mine ready for the transfer. I may re-visit them this weekend because I'm feeling the launch is near! I'm hoping we'll get the short notice that we got for the wedding registry! (enter evil, sarcastic laugh here!)That's a good idea though, Brenda (great name!) about attaching a group name to these new contacts I'm supposed to be receiving!This is why I love this group so much!

Brenda.the.chef;836627 I may re-visit them this weekend because I'm feeling the launch is near! I'm hoping we'll get the short notice that we got for the wedding registry! (enter evil said:
I seriously had a dream the other night that it was launching soon and I was using it at a show... iPad in hand. And in my dream it was a quick transition, like boom there is it. I woke up super excited to play with it and was then disappointed because I remembered it wasn't here yet.

From what I've heard from my director, the new system will be rolled out to upper level directors first, then directors, then consultants. But I haven't heard a timeline on any of it.

vanscootin said:
I seriously had a dream the other night that it was launching soon and I was using it at a show... iPad in hand. And in my dream it was a quick transition, like boom there is it. I woke up super excited to play with it and was then disappointed because I remembered it wasn't here yet.

The "ipad in hand" part would have been to key to me that it was all a dream:indif:

pchockeymom said:
The "ipad in hand" part would have been to key to me that it was all a dream:indif:

Yeah I don't have an iPad either... and it's taking all I have not to run up to best buy and get one since I have the money now for it.... however I want to see if perhaps I can somehow side load it to my Fire and save myself the $400 for something else.

Brenda.the.chef said:
(enter evil, sarcastic laugh here!)

Can we get that laugh as an emoticon/smiley/whatever those things are called? I would be all over it!!!! It could be my avatar.

I cannot wait for the app to come out! iPad is MUCH easier to carry around than a laptop! :)

I'm singing Carly Simon's "Anticipation" every day! :sing: I am SO beyond anxious for this new app!

Anybody heard any more about "when" beyond the Spring ...

Malinda Klein said:

Hahahahahaha

...sorry I couldn't help myself. It will be when it is.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I did see that about the contacts and I'm quite confident I've got all of mine ready for the transfer. I may re-visit them this weekend because I'm feeling the launch is near! I'm hoping we'll get the short notice that we got for the wedding registry! (enter evil, sarcastic laugh here!)

There's always tomorrow.... Do you think HO just tests us to see how good we are at handling last minute changes??

Malinda Klein said:
Remember, OFFICIALLY, spring doesnt end until June 20-21st (I dont remember which). We are only a week into the spring. It just feels terribly long because so manynof us never had much winter! For us, we have been in "spring" feeling with weather since January! yes, I know, a "Debbie Downer", but a watched pot never boils right? :p

"expect it when you least expect it" (I wish I knew where I got this quote.... I think it was from an episode of Different Strokes many, many years ago) ....... so all ya'll, stop expecting it, and then it will happen, right?

I asked someone "up there" at HO when the online classes were going to start that we were told would start in February. It was Feb 26 and she said "February isn't over yet". Well, now it's almost April. lol I know... patience is a virtue. So if it isn't ready how about a statement such as "As in many cases with big technical changes there have been unexpected delays. We'll let you know as soon as we do as things progress." Treat us like adults. We can take it. And I know they said spring but they didn't say late spring at first, they added that qualifier. Actually, they first said that training would start mid-Feb and we would start getting it in waves I could swear they said by early March. I am really fine that it is delayed but communication would be nice, let alone considerate. I know we will love it when it's finally up and running. Patience...patience...

BethCooks4U - there are two training classes up already. They have to start with the basics before they get us into the meat and potatoes :)Think of how big our company is and how huge an undertaking it is to get it all created and switched over. I too am thinking June is summer, so hopefully before then ;)

frozenchef said:
BethCooks4U - there are two training classes up already. They have to start with the basics before they get us into the meat and potatoes :)

Think of how big our company is and how huge an undertaking it is to get it all created and switched over. I too am thinking June is summer, so hopefully before then ;)

These aren't the classes they told us we were getting. They are a look at what CC will look like and info on how to clean up or contact lists. There is nothing new in the online training area and nothing that is training us on the use of the new web and apps.

I've been checking about every other day to see if the real training classes are up. I think I read that we should watch these, what I'll call pre-training classes more than once. I haven't really seen anything that I think of as training in them. Am I missing something?

byrd1956 said:
I've been checking about every other day to see if the real training classes are up. I think I read that we should watch these, what I'll call pre-training classes more than once. I haven't really seen anything that I think of as training in them. Am I missing something?

That's exactly what I'm seeing...

I am a little suprised it hasn't started yet. I guess when I think of spring I think of before Easter. I sure hope it goes live soon. I can't wait!

sarahsworld2000 said:
I am a little suprised it hasn't started yet. I guess when I think of spring I think of before Easter. I sure hope it goes live soon. I can't wait!

Shoot...for us, spring felt like January. ;)
But technically, it doesnt end until June 20th or so. Uggh.

When it launches though, expect lots of issues!! Things this big never work straight out of the shoot. Been there, done that, have a few Tshirts! So be patient when they do launch, please. :D

esavvymom said:
Shoot...for us, spring felt like January. ;)
But technically, it doesnt end until June 20th or so. Uggh.

When it launches though, expect lots of issues!! Things this big never work straight out of the shoot. Been there, done that, have a few Tshirts! So be patient when they do launch, please. :D

I'm sure that is exactly why it hasn't launched yet. They want to get as many of those bugs out before they add 10's of thousands of consultants on it.

When they started with the original pampered partner people still could send shows in on paper but when we are all switched to the web there won't be a P3 to go back to... (at least that is my thought on it)

BethCooks4U said:
I'm sure that is exactly why it hasn't launched yet. They want to get as many of those bugs out before they add 10's of thousands of consultants on it.

When they started with the original pampered partner people still could send shows in on paper but when we are all switched to the web there won't be a P3 to go back to... (at least that is my thought on it)

I had heard P3 would be around a year, but I dont remember WHERE I herd that, so not sure how reliable. We shall see. :)

esavvymom said:
I had heard P3 would be around a year, but I dont remember WHERE I herd that, so not sure how reliable. We shall see. :)

I heard that too but then while talking to HO about another thing they asked were I heard it and that we shouldn't believe the rumors so who knows?! We'll find out when we find out.

I was just at a meeting Tuesday night where a HO person was there. She said "this Spring" so apparently that's all they will say for now.

katem51 said:
I was just at a meeting Tuesday night where a HO person was there. She said "this Spring" so apparently that's all they will say for now.

Yep. That's all the tech person I talked to yesterday would say too. We just have to be patient.

esavvymom said:

We were told that at Spring Launch in Omaha. That they would keep P3 for a while while everyone got used to the new system and bugs were ironed out.

1. What changes can we expect with the new website transition?

The new website transition will bring a modern and updated look to our website, as well as improved navigation and functionality. You can also expect to see new and improved features, such as a streamlined checkout process and easier access to customer service.

2. Will my account information and order history transfer over to the new website?

Yes, your account information and order history will transfer over seamlessly to the new website. You will be able to log in with the same credentials and access all of your previous orders and information.

3. Will I need to re-register for my consultant's website on the new platform?

No, you will not need to re-register for your consultant's website. Your consultant will have access to the same information and will still be able to assist you with your purchases and orders.

4. How will the new website affect my current orders and parties?

Your current orders and parties will not be affected by the new website transition. They will still be processed and fulfilled as usual. However, you may notice some changes in the way you access and manage your orders and parties on the new website.

5. Will there be any downtime during the website transition?

We will do our best to minimize any downtime during the website transition. However, there may be brief periods of time where the website will be unavailable as we make the necessary updates and changes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • Cindycooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ange13