• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated With Personal Website!!

In summary, the Pampered Chef website does not display personal websites of customers unless they are Directors. This caused a problem for one of her husband's coworkers who was looking for the website of a customer that she knew had one. The customer was considering placing an order through another name, but decided to wait until she could get a link from her work email. The customer contacted the company and found that only Director names appeared when they did a search. The customer was not happy that she was not able to find the website even though she had paid for it and was frustrated when she had to tell the customer that her website could not be found.
pletcherdee
Hi, Just need to vent....

I got my personal website not long ago, and am now very frustrated with the limitations--and almost lost a customer because of it!

One of my husband's coworkers was looking for my personal website by doing a search from the main Pampered Chef Website--and could not find my website! She knew I had one, didn't have the link with her, as she had left it at work. She was buying wedding presents for a friend and wanted to make sure I got the business for it. She searched and searched to no avail.

She considered placing the order through whatever name came up, but decided to wait 'til she could get my link from her e-mail at work. Thankfully she did that.

I contacted the H.O. to find that the only names that come up when they do the searches are those of Directors. How is this right? Didn't I PAY for my personal website and it's benefits too?

This person was not only a potential customer, but is a potential HOST, and is a person that I have been "networking" with to get business for the Wedding Registry. (she own's a flower shop). It looks pretty bad when I have to tell her that my website can't be found, unless she knows or keeps the link. Am I wrong for being frustrated???

I think it says it somewhere definitely that only Directors have the perk of getting leads thru the website-and going thru the website is definitely considered a lead form--if it was for a registry she can put in your name and consultant # I think and find anyone.

Last edited:
It wasn't for a registry--just a gift for someone. I guess I wasn't really looking for "perks"--I was just simply thinking that if someone is specifically LOOKING for my website, they should be able to find it somehow I'm now rethinking the value of even having a website.

Its still a great value --especially if put on everything you hand out---on the recipe cards I put it and I have orders on site quite a bit--altho--so far none this month of course

I send out the specials every now and again to my whole list and that is always there---now when someone orders they don't have to tell us who more than their name--so if they don't want contacted we can't--but if they want to order they can!!

I have only had two orders on my website in the almost 6 months I have had it. It is on my stamp that I put on all my catalogs, minis, and monthly newsletter. Also on my business cards! I really wish they would have a counter at the bottom of the home page so you can see is anyone is actually visiting or not.

A counter on the website would be great--Just like they have here--I have had 1 or 2 say they went to my website--no order tho--but...

that would be very useful. I agree! It would also be helpful if you could edit the pre-written e-mails--the ones for recruiting, etc. (instead of just adding to it) I would like to be able to personalize the pre-written text a bit.

Just make sure your web address is on everything! I also send out my postcards, and make a label that says:'bring a friend-get a gift' under that it says 'can't make it to the show? order online at .......'
I've been averaging at least 2 orders per show by doing this. I got 5 from my last show!

I also have a problem with only Directors getting leads. My director told me leads are for dirctors only. They said that DIRECTORs are the one that are serious about their business. So they should be the ones that get the leads.

Well I am serious about my business, even if I haven't recruited anyone(Just one kit napper) I am serious enough to spend the money for the website for a year and keep updating it. I have also made my $15,000 at the beginning of my 8th month.

The real problem I have is that on the pampered Chef website, they say, put in your zip code to find a "consultant" in your area. Well you aren't finding a consultant, you are finding a director. That alone is deceiving. I think that they should have a drop down box with consultants names, how long they have been in business and if they are directors or not, so that it wouuld help everyone gets leads and not to get discourage.

That's my 2cents worth.
Sorry to sound sooooo angry.

That I don't agree but...Somewhere in that book the send us about the rules and regualtions, it states all of that. So if you read it, you already knew that going into the website thing. And about the Pampered Chef web site, that is stated in that book as well.
I am not saying I think that is fair. Personally I don't. I think all of us should be able to get leads from the main page because as you stated, we are all serious about our businesses.

I know the leads go to the directors but what happens if someone wants to do a show in my area and I know there is no director here. Everytime I put in wanting a consultant I get someone in Twin Falls ID that is 2-3 hrs away from here.

I think the reason there isn't a counter is because they want people to keep paying for the website without knowing if it is worth it or not.

I guess I would have been pleased if there was some way to SPECIFICALLY look up the consultant that you are looking for. She KNEW I had a website, knew my name, where I was located, everything--but there was no way for her to find me--because she had misplaced my link. I DO put my website on everything that doesn't move--but that didn't help me in this case.

I'm not asking for the Home Office to LEAD people to my website, specifically--but it's pretty basic to have at least a look-up by name.

Yes, I'm sure it's in the paperwork that I signed when I got my website--but that's no consolation to my customer who was looking for me. She was simply annoyed.

They should have a search thing for consultants by zip and if someone is looking JUST for you then you should get that lead and not a director.

I am not able to go to Conference this year, but was wondering...if any of you are as frustrated by this as I am, maybe there would be an opportunity for you to address this at conference?

Why wouldn't it be more productive to pass the "leads" to the newer people--i.e., the Consultants, because not only does that encourage the new people and help them succeed in the organization, it also ultimately benefits the directors. When the consultants are successful, the directors, ultimately become more successful.

I'm pretty new to this, so I could have a odd view of things, but I can't help but feel that Feeding leads to those "lower" (ooh-not a good word, but you know what I mean) or "newer" to the organization only HELPS the organization as a whole. Whereas feeding leads to those higher up in the organization simply aids those higher up in the organization.

Please don't misunderstand me--I love being a Pampered Chef Consultant, and hate to sound so frustrated--It's just that, just when you think you're heading in the right direction, another obstacle jumps up.

Yes, it is frustrating but leads are a reward (incentive?) for having done what it takes to advance a business to the level of Director.

I do like the idea of our customers being able to look up our website address if they know our name (and perhaps our state). But of course, there might be duplicates and that could lead to problems.

pletcherdee said:
I am not able to go to Conference this year, but was wondering...if any of you are as frustrated by this as I am, maybe there would be an opportunity for you to address this at conference?

Why wouldn't it be more productive to pass the "leads" to the newer people--i.e., the Consultants, because not only does that encourage the new people and help them succeed in the organization, it also ultimately benefits the directors. When the consultants are successful, the directors, ultimately become more successful.

I'm pretty new to this, so I could have a odd view of things, but I can't help but feel that Feeding leads to those "lower" (ooh-not a good word, but you know what I mean) or "newer" to the organization only HELPS the organization as a whole. Whereas feeding leads to those higher up in the organization simply aids those higher up in the organization.

Please don't misunderstand me--I love being a Pampered Chef Consultant, and hate to sound so frustrated--It's just that, just when you think you're heading in the right direction, another obstacle jumps up.

You are Absolutely Correct

by helping the new consultants to get out of their family and friends circle would help us get to directorship faster.

I like the leads going to a director---they may feel like also it is helping the director move forward as maybe they are not doing as many shows because time is spent managing a team they put together and want to build--as we all know there is turn over in this business---it is not for everyone--as with any NEW business it takes some phone time and creative ways to get shows etc..---- I have gotten leads from HO--not 1 has panned out yet in the last 6 months---so it is not a magic solution

I have had team members say I LOVE PC but it isn't what I thought it would be---well yes they may spend alot of time on busywork or going thru chefsuccess for ideas---but you need to make calls in the list of 100 to grow or even a great beginning--the more shows you do --even as a hobbyist --the more people see what your business is about---the list of 100 is not all family

Just my 2 cents

I agree with Susan. Directors deserve the leads. They spend time mentoring and training their team, which takes time away from their own calls, booking leads, recruit leads, etc.

If you want HO leads for yourself, start recruiting and become a director.

Last edited:
In regards to director leads, the directors must reach a montly or quarterly sales goal in order to be elligible for the leads.I think one of the big reasons they don't give HO leads to new consultants, or even consultants that have not become director is that they have not 'proved' themselves yet. I'm not sure if that is the right word. Let me explain. If I had gotten a HO lead in my first few months, I probably wouldn't have been able to answer the questions the lead may have. I didn't know the business inside and out - still working on that - and could have lost a customer through it. If a director gets the lead it is assumed that he/she knows enough to be able to take care of a person who knows enough about PC to go to the main website and ask to be contacted. Cold calls are very hard and you don't want to turn someone off of PC - who is already expecting a certain level - if you can help it. Also, if there is no director in an area, I don't see why the director who gets the lead couldn't give it to his/her downline in that area. It could become a sticky situation if there are a few consulants in the area and the director has to decide.Dislaimer - I have not gotten a HO lead as I am not yet a director.I do, however, think there should be a way to search for a specific consultant's website. Doing it by consultant number would be difficult because if they have the number, they should already have your web address. So, by first and last name and city should work.

I should re-state that my big concern is not about getting "leads" from home office, or anyone else. (This was a lead I found myself...who couldn't get to me!)--I just think that I am paying money for a website, and having a name search so that a customer can find the website is pretty basic technology. Because of the limitations of the website I could have LOST the "lead" that I obtained on my own. I can tell you for a fact that the customer that I referred to earlier was pretty UN impressed with the Pampered Chef webpage--she was frustrated at the time she wasted looking for a specific consultant--with no success. She, at this point, is assuming it was a glitch in the system--she would be even less impressed to find out that the webpage that I am paying for, excludes me from being found in a search because I'm still just a lowley consultant. (Give me a minute...I'm still in my super starter months)

It would be nice if they did list consultants with websites.

If anyone types your name and Pampered Chef into a search engine, I bet your PWS will be on the first page of results. I know mine is.

At first thought, yes, I agree that there should be a better way of finding each person's website.
However, it's not the way it is....so, like the others have said you want to have your website address on everything.

As for directors getting HO leads. Some of you are missing the boat here. Nancy Jo Ryan tells directors that if you are not giving shows away YOU are losing out.
The leads are not necessarily so that directors will have more shows and more customers. A good director will GIVE shows away, or leads to their cluster. Not at the loss of their own business, but at helping others. If you have a director who is selfish in that she/he won't give anything to the cluster, then I would dare say that they won't be in Pampered Chef long, or at least not make it to the top. You have got to be a giver!

Noone is making us have a webiste. You can choose to do your business through personal contact. In this case that may have been better for this problem.
I also, though hate the idea that this customer (out of frustration) almost ordered from someone else.

Kris

I absolutely ask my team if they are not doing a show this month or next--if they need a lead let me know--The last one I gave my girl got a $950 show--no bookings but..

I do expos and get leads from the door prize slips--it asks yes no or maybe about a show --so I can give those away if need be---i need to make sure I keep these girls on the active list

Also if a friend of the consultant or her hubby ,they could have just called--I don't see where any other Direct sales co. has the look up--it is best to use you name as the end of the personal website as to something cute---that is why I think the best thing to give a customer is the recipe card with all info---they will probably know right where to get it and won't throw away

Hope this doesn't sound snotty--it is not intended to be

As with any lead not always are you going to call and the show is next week--it usually takes a little time---HO leads want info or are looking for somebody to set up at a craft show 6 months from now

My two cents.....First...I disagree with a director telling anyone that "only directors get lead because they are serious about their business". That is unfair. This website is proof that consultants of all levels are serious about their businesses. Getting HO leads is a perk of achieving a level of leadership, not because we are more special than a consultant just starting out.

PC offers MANY perks and rewards for achieving different levels of success. When you earn Top Performance Cluster you receive PC dollars ($350?) for free paperwork...should I get upset and say that if the HO gave ME free catalogs I could improve my business? No, because that's not fair, they have worked hard to reach that level. I appreciate working for a company that rewards us for hard work.

Second...to say that it's misleading for the PC website to offer to connect visitors with a consultant in your area but only give the leads to directors is wrong. Directors ARE consultants!!

Finally...when the websites were first made available many consultants came up with cute little names. (I tried but couldn't think of anything!!) I ended up just using my name. In the long run, I really think that's the best. If a customer wants to place an order at my website, I just need them to remember my name.

I can totally understand your frustration but use it as an incentive to continue to build your business. Think of these perks as little carrots being dangled to help motivate you. I have been with PC for almost 8 years. Yes, there have been many times I have been upset because a promotion or incentive didn't go my way. But NEVER have I seen them do anything to hold us back or "drag us down"....they want us to succeed (our continued success means THEIR continued success). Focus on the positive and shake off the negative :)

That's True Georgia Peacha director should not say that it's a certain way because they are serious about their business while if you're not a director, then you're not serious.

Also agree with all else you said. :)

The main reason I have my website is that it makes me look professional. It is a business expense. I think I've received one order on my website, and that's nobody's fault but my own. But as of now, I'll continue with it. Hopefully I'll utilize it more when I'm traveling around the country with my hubby in the truck. I just have to set my mind to how I'm going to make contacts and offer Pampered Chef to complete strangers. And I could kick myself for the ones that my mind has not been focused on my business and I talk to someone and never leave them a catalog or even mention PC. GRRRR.

Remember this everyone, it's a very big world outside our little cities and areas where we live. Think bigger if you're having troubles with business.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
a director should not say that it's a certain way because they are serious about their business while if you're not a director, then you're not serious.

Also agree with all else you said. :)

The main reason I have my website is that it makes me look professional. It is a business expense. I think I've received one order on my website, and that's nobody's fault but my own. But as of now, I'll continue with it. Hopefully I'll utilize it more when I'm traveling around the country with my hubby in the truck. I just have to set my mind to how I'm going to make contacts and offer Pampered Chef to complete strangers. And I could kick myself for the ones that my mind has not been focused on my business and I talk to someone and never leave them a catalog or even mention PC. GRRRR.

Remember this everyone, it's a very big world outside our little cities and areas where we live. Think bigger if you're having troubles with business.

Kris

You could probably leave business cards at places you stop all over the place with website on it--you will be nationwide!!! And making $$$

If I were a director...But I'm not. Oh well, I know that I have personally asked my "director" for help, any leads whatever when my business was stagnet...there was no reply. Only mass emails stating she was "so busy", "couldn't really help her team...hope we understand". Whatever. My friend sells Arbon, and they help their "downlines" get bookings , or anything they need because they are a "team"! Sorry to vent, but I've been very enthusiastic, and if she has "way too much" business, shouldn't she help her downline? Both of my recruits did not qualify, but it was not from a lack of care on my part. I gave them both any and all leads from the shows they booked on, and called and emailed frequently until both stated they were "not into PC right now, and they'ed call me when ready". Frustrating, but I was there...am I just venting, or isn't there responsibility for recruters in helping their newly aquired downline?:confused:

You could probably leave business cards at places you stop all over the place with website on it--you will be nationwide!!! And making $$$

I will do that Susan! Surely with numbers something would happen. (As I bang my forhead OUCH!

Alaska.....so sorry to hear that your director is so selfish, and self serving. I venture to say, she's not going to make it to the top by being this way. My suggestion to you is to wipe the dust off your feet and go at it full throttle without her help. Don't set your success on whether she's going to help or not. Seek for yourself and be successful in spite of her.

I try not to take the offers my director offers. She would give me the shirt off her back, I have turned her down, because well, I guess I just figure she works hard and needs business too. I just don't want to be handed business (that's just me), as I feel that as I look for business that I grow in some way. And it will help me later to know what to do when I don't have much going.

Here's an example: If I would call Terri and tell her, "I have nothing going." Blah blah blah. Terri would most likely offer me a contact or two. But low and behold I have not called even HALF of my hundred names list. Now if I've done everything and still no bookings, then I'm going to take help, and find out what in the world I'm doing wrong! That's just the way I am, not the way I expect anyone else to be I guess.

Kris

I'm doing Ok with my business... Still have calls to make, but my director, who gets a TON of HO leads game me someone who lives in the next town over. Of course, I would refer someone to her if I felt she was better able to serve them. It works both ways with us.

1. What limitations are you facing with your personal website?

I am facing limitations with my personal website in terms of searchability and visibility on the main Pampered Chef website. Only names of Directors are showing up in the search results, making it difficult for potential customers to find my website.

2. How did your frustration with your personal website almost cost you a customer?

My husband's coworker was unable to find my website through the main Pampered Chef website and almost placed an order through a different consultant. She had to wait until she could access my website link from her work email, which could have potentially resulted in a lost sale.

3. Did you pay for your personal website and its benefits?

Yes, I paid for my personal website and its benefits. However, the search results on the main Pampered Chef website only show names of Directors, making it difficult for my website to be found by potential customers.

4. Is it fair that only names of Directors show up in the search results on the main Pampered Chef website?

No, it is not fair that only names of Directors show up in the search results. As a consultant, I have also paid for my personal website and its benefits, and it should be visible to potential customers as well.

5. How does the limitation of your website's visibility affect your business?

The limitation of my website's visibility has a direct impact on my business. It makes it harder for potential customers to find my website, which can result in lost sales. It also affects my credibility as a consultant, as I have to explain to potential customers why my website cannot be found through the main Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom