• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Self Promotion Policy

However, if I set up a Yahoo Group and post about how great PC is and how much I love it, I'm violating the policy.
mhrivera
I know this has been an ongoing discussion, but I wanted to make sure I told my recruit the right thing. She can't write that she's a consultant on her MySpace page, or can she? I know she can't link her personal website or HO's website, but can she even write the company name there?

Thanks!

Nope- not supposed to use the company name. She can say that she's an "Independent consultant, selling high-end kitchen tools", but can't use PC.

Thanks Ann! You really do know everything PC!

are those rules different for directors? doesnt it apply for everyone?

Way upper level directors can have their own site - I don't remember how far up the line it is, but know it is above AD and SD.

And the upper level directors that can do this are only supposed to use if for training their team.

chefann said:
Nope- not supposed to use the company name. She can say that she's an "Independent consultant, selling high-end kitchen tools", but can't use PC.
I think you should call home office, b/c I think the reg is unclear. My space is just that - a place for you to tell about yourself. Your job is a part of that. Soliciting for business is vastly different than just stating "I'm an independent consultant for the pampered chef".

Not to hijack this thread, but upon re-reading some of the policies online...I have lots of questions! The wording seems unclear and open for interpretation. I'm really going to re-read again this weekend!

It is unclear. Someone else around here (I forget who) was contacted by HO about listing PC in an online profile. Page F-22 of the policies states:
Consultants and Above
Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.
(emphasis mine)

Thank you Ann!

From HO: "Internet/Web: Additional Guidelines
Consultants and Above
Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web
Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name
when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.
You may not purchase lists for e-mail marketing purposes.
Spamming is not allowed.
You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current
or discontinued — through online auction houses (like
eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered
Chef® Personal Web Site.
You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to
communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants
about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or
promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat
rooms, other than those created for communicating with
other Consultants...." and it continues on.

Now my interpretation of this, is you couldn't subscribe to something and list your PC Title as your job, but to me this mentions nothing about having My Space and mentioning you are a PC consultant as long as you don't solicit business.

To go a step further, I know many consultant set up Yahoo Groups to email newsletters, and in a way that seems like a violation of the policy as well. Anyway, I think HO has left themselves up to interpretation and that is not good.

missyciccolella said:
Now my interpretation of this, is you couldn't subscribe to something and list your PC Title as your job, but to me this mentions nothing about having My Space and mentioning you are a PC consultant as long as you don't solicit business.

That's what it seems to me, too. If I have a blog, and I write an entry about the show I did for someone, I'm not soliciting business in any way. I'm talking about my job.

1. What is the self-promotion policy at Pampered Chef?

The self-promotion policy at Pampered Chef is designed to ensure fair and equal opportunities for all consultants to promote their businesses. It prohibits consultants from using the company's name, logo, or products in any self-promotional materials without prior approval.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef's branding in my social media posts?

No, the self-promotion policy prohibits the use of Pampered Chef's branding, including logos and product images, in social media posts without prior approval. This is to maintain consistency and prevent confusion among customers.

3. What type of self-promotion activities are allowed under the policy?

The self-promotion policy allows consultants to promote their businesses through in-person events, such as vendor fairs and home parties, as well as through their personal social media accounts. However, all materials and messaging must be approved by the company before use.

4. How do I get approval for self-promotional materials?

To get approval for self-promotional materials, consultants must submit a request through the company's compliance portal. The materials will be reviewed by the compliance team to ensure they align with Pampered Chef's branding and messaging guidelines.

5. What are the consequences for violating the self-promotion policy?

If a consultant is found to be in violation of the self-promotion policy, they may receive a warning or be subject to further disciplinary action, depending on the severity of the violation. This is to protect the brand and maintain a level playing field for all consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • darlinclem
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies