• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Issues in a Long Distance Catalog Show | Tips and Solutions

host's name and all under the "how to order" tab on the main menu. Otherwise, I send out an email list of show info with a link to the show on my website.
emiscookin
I'm beginning to realize that long distance catalog shows can be a pain. :(

The lady who is doing a catalog show for me is so sweet and I can't blame her for some of the problems that have arisen (sp?) but...before the start of her "show" I gave her instructions on how someone can order online under her show and told her to pass that info on to all of her friends. Well, she sent out a bunch of mass emails but didn't send out the instructions on how to order. Most of the people who ordered figured it out, but a couple put MY name down (thank goodness I always have a catalog show open under my name on my website!) so that's no problem because I can just add it to my friends show. But THEN, there are people who order WITHOUT putting in MY or THE HOSTS name and it just goes in as an order on my website and I CAN'T add it to the show!!! If there is a way to do so, PLEASE let me know!

Now, there is a situation where a lady placed an order (correctly, under the hosts name) and decided she wanted to buy more stuff so she placed a seperate order and...it's not showing up on my Host's page, I don't see it anywhere on my website and I never got a notification of the order being placed. :confused: Thank goodness this lady is being a sweetheart about what's going on and not getting upset. (I think it's because she realizes it may be her fault because she forgot how to order under her friends show...geez).

So I called HO about the situation and they said if the lady has a Web ID # or session # they can look it up and see where her order is. Cause she GOT an email confirmation, but there's none of those ID #'s on there. So yeah, she told me she has no clue what those numbers are. The person from HO I talked to said it is possible the order went to another consultant...BUT...I can only see that happening if she ordered from PamperedChef.com and I'm pretty sure she ordered from my website. I dunno...(sigh)

What's going on? Have any of you had a similar situation like this and if so what did you do?

I am thinking of contacting my Director and Recruiter to see if her order got placed on their websites by chance.

Hmm. I guess a lot of you don't know what to say about this one. ;)

If she got an email why not have her forward it to you...then you can call HO with info in front of you???

Why not send everyone on her email list an email with instructions, stressing the importance of typing in her name as host, using Option 1.

Or write a detailed email with instructions and send to host to forward to everyone.

I'd second Nancy's suggestion, have her forward the email to you

For future shows, rather than sending the host instructions, send her a link to her show. What I mean is, go into your PWS, type in the host's name as if you wanted to order from her show, and copy the address you get once you've entered her name. This way, they will get a link that sends them directly to your site, linked to that particular show, so you don't have to worry about instructions and such.

I gave up having a personal website because of this exact situation. It is too easy to click on a link and go to the main PC website without knowing you're not ordering from a friend's show anymore.Whenever I contacted HO to tell them about it (even with the order details) I was told they would have to return the original order and place a 2nd order the "right" way. Needless to say, I never got my commissions from those sales.I've given feedback on a way to change it - let everyone browse and fill a shopping cart, and when it's time to pay, THEN ask whether it's for a certain show or consultant.
The nonsense of giving long wordy explanations of directions to click on and that teensie "otherwise click here" and the whole thing of having to remember it's a .biz URL and not .com is just that, nonsense. I hope having the email in front of you changes something, because it sure didn't for me. A director in your area has probably already gotten an email that someone placed an order with them.OK, I'm done venting....best of luck with it!

I totally understand your frustration.
If I am doing a catalog show, fundraiser, or show where I know are going to be a lot of online orders, I add the shows information and direction on placing an online order to my homepage. This way as soon as my website is up, they can see it without having to click "news"
I do have a section "how to place an order", under news, but I do always get the......... "XXXX tried to place an order but it wouldn't work."
While there is no way to prevent problems, the best way is complete detailed, hand holding instructions, for them to follow.
Obviously, it is not your fault and you seem to be spending time trying to fix the problems. I love your idea for always having a catalog party in your name.
But I am curious, where did that woman's order go? If she is sure she put it under the hosts name, can she just give it to you again. Guest orders are not processed until you put them in p3 and submit the show. So as long as it's not in your computer twice, she will only be billed once.
As for the others that didn't use any host name. I am pretty sure, the only thing they could do is either keep the orders, and then the host doesn't get the credit. Or return the orders when they get it, and give you the order to place under the hosts name.
I hope with all of this, you will have a lot of sales for this catalog party.

lisasfuncooking said:
But I am curious, where did that woman's order go? If she is sure she put it under the hosts name, can she just give it to you again. Guest orders are not processed until you put them in p3 and submit the show. So as long as it's not in your computer twice, she will only be billed once.
As for the others that didn't use any host name. I am pretty sure, the only thing they could do is either keep the orders, and then the host doesn't get the credit. Or return the orders when they get it, and give you the order to place under the hosts name.
I hope with all of this, you will have a lot of sales for this catalog party.

None of us have any idea where her order went! It's not showing up anywhere, she's not even sure if she put it under the Hosts name (how can you not be sure of something like that but whatever...). She got an email confirmation, but I got NO confirmation of her order at all!! Checked my website and CC, nothing. I think it might have gone to another consultant.

I told her that this is what I decided to do. To add her additional orders to her first order and when she gets the duplicates to just send them back to PC. It was the only solution I could come up with.

She got an email confirmation, but I got NO confirmation of her order at all!
The director who got the order is the person who got the confirmation email.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products. We also provide cooking and entertaining tips and recipes to help make meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

2. What is the current promotion or special offer?

Our current promotion or special offer can vary depending on the time of year and availability. Please check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the latest deals and offers.

3. How do I place an order?

You can place an order by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by ordering directly through our website. Simply choose the products you would like to purchase and follow the prompts to complete your order.

4. How long does shipping usually take?

Shipping times can vary depending on your location and the availability of the products you have ordered. Typically, orders are processed and shipped within 1-2 business days and delivery can take an additional 3-5 business days.

5. Can I return or exchange a product?

Yes, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on our return and exchange policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • emiscookin