• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Currently Have a Catalog Party Going. One of the Guests Ordered

In summary, this guest ordered online, but did not put in the hostess' name and placed the order. Tracy saw the order and realized it was the guest's order, but the order had already been processed and the cancel button was no longer an option when she tried to sign in. Tracy contacted the solution center and explained what happened. Hope this helps!
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
I currently have a catalog party going. One of the guests ordered online from my website and put in the hostess' name and placed her order.

I got an email today that said I had online activity and I saw that it was this guests order.

When I went to my PWS, and clicked on the catalog show, there are no orders coming through. So if the guest paid with a CC, and don't have that info. My email that said I had online activity showed me what she ordered, so I can put that in Pampered Partner Plus, but again, if she paid with CC, I don't have that info.

Any clue why my personal website orders aren't showing up on my website for shows?

Stumped.....

Re: Help!Sounds like she did an individual order by mistake. Call the solution center NOW (or have her call) and tell them what happened. They can look it up and hopefully cancel that order and then you can put it in the show. It's possible that it's too late already and then the guest would have the option of just leaving it or canceling it and reordering it in the show but it takes days for her card to be credited back.

Re: Help!
BethCooks4U said:
Sounds like she did an individual order by mistake. Call the solution center NOW (or have her call) and tell them what happened. They can look it up and hopefully cancel that order and then you can put it in the show. It's possible that it's too late already and then the guest would have the option of just leaving it or canceling it and reordering it in the show but it takes days for her card to be credited back.

Plus, HO is now enforcing the rule that they will not refund shipping if an entire order is returned.

Re: Help!Been there done that before......called Home Office too late, so that order had to be either 1) returned unopened 2) left as is and not credited to the show. The customer had already opened it up and started using some of the products, so no credit on the show. Needless to say, I had one unhappy host. I tried to smooth things over but to no avail. :(
Hope this turns out well for you!

Re: Help!Sorry! If the customer realizes it in time, they can sign back in & cancel the order. But by the time you get the online activity notification, it's already been processed and the "cancel" button is no longer an option when they sign back in. :(

Re: Help!Sorry to hear this happened to you, Tracy, and is STILL happening to consultants.
I know most of the orders go through fine. But still. I think PC is the most confusing website of all the direct sales ones that allow online orders.
I got rid of my PWS because of it.

pamperedtracy said:
I currently have a catalog party going. One of the guests ordered online from my website and put in the hostess' name and placed her order.

I got an email today that said I had online activity and I saw that it was this guests order.

When I went to my PWS, and clicked on the catalog show, there are no orders coming through. So if the guest paid with a CC, and don't have that info. My email that said I had online activity showed me what she ordered, so I can put that in Pampered Partner Plus, but again, if she paid with CC, I don't have that info.

Any clue why my personal website orders aren't showing up on my website for shows?

Stumped.....

I am sure you did the process to confirm (not sure that is the right term) the order on your website under the web orders under the show information. If you did that and open up the show and "copy from the website", it should drop in the info. Also, it shows a copy of the order and I always print that before having it copied into the show. That way you have the whole CC# just in case. Not sure that is all the right terminology because I don't have PP3 open, but I hope that makes sense and helps.

Re: Help!I can see it being confusing for individual orders, but explain to me how it is confusing to not see the big section "ALREADY INVITED TO A SHOW?" Then the box that says "HOSTS FIRST NAME". Honestly, How hard is that?!?? Then you pick your friend from the list and shop! You have to pick one or the other....it takes more steps to pick the individual order section where is says "NOT invited to a show...."People just can be too lazy or in a hurry to READ. We've become a society of quick-lingo and instant gratification.Sorry...my opinion. :D

Re: Help!Oh, it's not confusing to me either on how it works now; it's confusing why they set it up that way.

Just went to pamperedchef.com (because that's where my browser's google autofill took me), and started adding items to a shopping bag, clicked on checkout, and it would have let me pay without putting it under a specific host or consultant.

I've sent the suggestion to HO: have a popup at checkout asking whether it needs to go to a specific host or consultant. Instead of 2 paragraphs of instructions from hosts/consultants on how to order for a specific show. And then it possibly times out and goes back to the .com website anyway.

ShellBeach said:
Oh, it's not confusing to me either on how it works now; it's confusing why they set it up that way.

Just went to pamperedchef.com (because that's where my browser's google autofill took me), and started adding items to a shopping bag, clicked on checkout, and it would have let me pay without putting it under a specific host or consultant.

I've sent the suggestion to HO: have a popup at checkout asking whether it needs to go to a specific host or consultant. Instead of 2 paragraphs of instructions from hosts/consultants on how to order for a specific show. And then it possibly times out and goes back to the .com website anyway.

I forgot about the cookies issue. There are a few things they could fix.

Re: Help!Thank you all so much for your responses and info. I will see what we will need to do.Tracy

Re: Help!Just checked the "order status" and that is exactly what she did. She did it as an individual order. But she told me she put the host's name in. So not sure where it went haywire. I am going to have to explain it to my host. Thanks so much everyone. Problem solved. I have never had that happen before. I hope HO takes some of your suggestions. I will write them as well.

Re: Help!This just happened to me as well. I had a show last night and the host was only $40 away from the next rewards level, so her mom (who was at the show) placed an order online.

I got a panicked call from the host (at 9:30 on a Saturday night, mind you -- but that's another story) because her mom as freaking that she had to pay for shipping again, and said she was charged $8.00. I knew right then that she must have ordered through an individual order since ordering through the show shipping would have been $4.75. Ideally what I would have liked to have happen is to find out which items the guest wanted to add to her order and add it directly into P3, but I had no way of knowing that she was going to add something. I do tell my hosts that if people at the show decide to add something after the fact to have the guest call me, but it never seems to stick.

I don't even think HO is open on the weekends, so I can't call and see if it can be cancelled. :(

I agree with the poster earlier who said that sometimes people don't read closely enough -- but I've also noticed that I have a lot of issues with some of my older clients who aren't as tech savvy as the majority of my client base. I ended up putting together a guide with screenshots of how to place an order through a show on my website to try and help, but I find it's impossible to make sure it's sent out.

What does it mean to have a "catalog party"?

A catalog party is a type of direct sales party where a host invites friends and family to view and purchase products from a catalog. The host earns rewards or discounts based on the sales made at the party.

How do I place an order for a catalog party?

To place an order for a catalog party, you can either fill out an order form provided by the host or contact the sales representative directly. The host or sales representative will then process your order and provide you with payment and delivery options.

Can I order items that are not in the catalog for a catalog party?

No, catalog parties usually only offer products that are featured in the catalog. However, some sales representatives may be able to take custom orders for specific products. It is best to check with the host or sales representative for more information.

Is there a minimum or maximum amount I can spend for a catalog party order?

There may be a minimum or maximum order requirement for catalog party orders, depending on the company or sales representative's policies. It is best to check with the host or sales representative for specific details.

How long will it take for my catalog party order to arrive?

The delivery time for catalog party orders can vary depending on the company and location. Typically, orders are delivered within 2-3 weeks. The host or sales representative can provide you with a more accurate estimate for your specific order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• xmxsummer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
xmxsummer
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • irishjc820