• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Shipping Costs for Long Distance Catalog Shows

In summary, the host paid for postage for the show to be mailed to the guest and the guest should not reimburse the host. The host can either take the orders over the phone or email them.
kam
Staff member
Never thought about this one....

I have a host doing a long distance catalog show. I mailed her a host packet and she has gotten all her orders together.

She is now ready to mail the show (orders and checks) to me. Should I reimburse her for the postage she is spending to send me the show?

Thanks!

why not get her to do an online transfer of funds (easy if she does online banking)??
As for orders, call her & input them over the phone. You can print off receipts & send them to her.

kam said:
Never thought about this one....

I have a host doing a long distance catalog show. I mailed her a host packet and she has gotten all her orders together.

She is now ready to mail the show (orders and checks) to me. Should I reimburse her for the postage she is spending to send me the show?

Thanks!

I wouldn't. It doesn't cost that much to mail you orders....I have hosts mail orders to me all the time, and I've never reimbursed for that.

Did she make a wish list on your website? If so, maybe find a cheaper item on their and purchase it for her. Or add a cookbook to her order. I've done that before.

maybe not pay for postage this time, but next time you can put stamps on the envelope she is sending it in so its all set. I do that with guest list envelopes, its SASE. No excuse for the host not to get it to me.

Personally I would have her email all the orders. Then again I'm an email junkie!

jbdowd0798 said:
maybe not pay for postage this time, but next time you can put stamps on the envelope she is sending it in so its all set. I do that with guest list envelopes, its SASE. No excuse for the host not to get it to me.

That is a good idea for future reference. This is my first out of town catalog show and I just wasn't sure if others pay for psotage in this situation.

Did she make a wish list on your website? If so, maybe find a cheaper item on their and purchase it for her. Or add a cookbook to her order. I've done that before.

Nope. No wishlist on the website.

Since she hasn't paid for her order yet, I was just going to deduct what she spent on postage from her total due...

But I'll wait and see how much she spent.

Thanks for the ideas!

I just had this and I took orders over the phone. It's nice b/c I can verify everything, plus it may make the host's list longer :) since you don't necessarily get to talk about all of the products you love. The host paid for everything with a credit card, but sending a check (you don't NEED the order forms) would be just 41 cents. Everyone can pay the host and they can send you one check. I just ask the host to let me know if anyone gave more info (email, etc).

1. How can I save on shipping costs for long distance catalog shows?

One way to save on shipping costs for long distance catalog shows is to host a virtual show instead. This allows guests to place their orders online, eliminating the need for physical shipping. You can also offer a discount on shipping for bulk orders or offer a flat shipping rate for all orders.

2. Can I combine orders from multiple catalog shows to save on shipping costs?

Yes, you can combine orders from multiple catalog shows to save on shipping costs. This can be done by placing all the orders together and having them shipped to one location. From there, you can distribute the orders to each customer, saving on individual shipping costs.

3. Are there any other ways to save on shipping costs for long distance catalog shows?

Besides hosting virtual shows and combining orders, you can also offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. This can encourage customers to place larger orders, which can help offset the cost of shipping. Additionally, you can look for shipping discounts or negotiate with shipping carriers for better rates.

4. What can I do if a customer is hesitant to pay for shipping for a long distance order?

You can offer to cover a portion of the shipping costs or provide a discount on their order to offset the shipping fees. You can also explain the benefits of the product and why it's worth the shipping cost. Offering a free gift or sample with their order can also help make the shipping cost more worthwhile for the customer.

5. Is there a limit on how far away a catalog show can be to still save on shipping costs?

There is no specific limit on how far away a catalog show can be to save on shipping costs. However, the farther the distance, the higher the shipping cost will likely be. It's important to factor in the shipping cost when determining the feasibility of hosting a catalog show in a distant location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • rbergwrightchef