• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Received Too Many Catalogs - Anyone Else Had This Happen?

In summary, HOSTS are sending FULL catalogs to their customers. They are doing this for the month of January and February. There is an email stating this. We should email HO about this.
mmilus
Gold Member
I have a host who received her order today and there was a packet of at least 15-20 full catalogs in it - I didn't take time to count them. She gave them to me along with another customer's order that I was delivering. Anyone else had this happen? Maybe they printed way too many of this season's catalogs. Marci

Yes there was an email stating they would be doing this for the month of January maybe even February can't remember if they were going to do it just one month or two.

Dina Atnip said:
Yes there was an email stating they would be doing this for the month of January maybe even February can't remember if they were going to do it just one month or two.

Giving HOSTS FULL catalogs??? Send them to consultants if they have that problem, not a host. Makes no sense. Guess I missed that memo.

esavvymom said:
Giving HOSTS FULL catalogs??? Send them to consultants if they have that problem, not a host. Makes no sense. Guess I missed that memo.

I thought the same thing. I can just see one of my customers getting one from the host with their products and giving it to someone thinking they were passing my info along.

The info was in a Tuesday newsletter. They are sending them to the hosts and they don't have any of our contact info on them. They said they had extra so they would be doing that until around 2/15/13. Why not sell them to the consultants at a reduced rate if they have that many extra. I've received about 30 of them from hosts this month.

That has to be very confusing and look so unprofessional to the hosts.

We should email HO about that!! So dumb.
I can see sending them ONE, but not more than that.

It said they would be sending one per order. I guess it pays to make sure the host has the receipts and your business card to put in each one - especially this month. I guess they are thinking they are getting rid of them without having to pay extra shipping since the host is already getting a box. I have only had a couple shows in January but I am making sure to have them sent to me so I can snatch the catalogs and sticker them myself.

I think it's nice and all, but would prefer our consultant info be on them first. I'll have to mail out some stickers to my hosts I guess.

I've been mailing contact stickers with the outside order receipts. My hosts have been great about putting on the stickers and adding a catalog to each bag.

1. Why am I receiving so many catalogs?

There could be a few reasons for this. One possibility is that you have signed up for multiple mailing lists or have made numerous purchases from companies that send out catalogs. Another possibility is that your contact information has been shared or sold to other companies, resulting in an increase in the number of catalogs you receive.

2. Can I stop receiving these catalogs?

Yes, you can take steps to reduce the amount of catalogs you receive. You can contact the companies directly and ask to be taken off their mailing list. You can also register with the Direct Marketing Association's Mail Preference Service, which allows you to opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial mail.

3. Will contacting the companies directly or registering with the Mail Preference Service stop all catalogs?

Unfortunately, it may not completely stop all catalogs. Some companies may still send you catalogs even if you have asked to be removed from their mailing list. However, taking these steps can significantly reduce the number of catalogs you receive.

4. Is there a way to opt out of receiving catalogs from specific companies?

Yes, you can contact the companies directly and ask to be removed from their specific mailing list. You can also use the Mail Preference Service to specify which companies you do not want to receive catalogs from.

5. How long does it take for the catalogs to stop coming?

It may take a few weeks or even months for the catalogs to stop coming after you have taken steps to reduce them. This is because companies may have already printed and mailed out catalogs before they received your request to be removed from their list. However, if you continue to receive catalogs after a significant amount of time has passed, you may need to follow up with the company or the Mail Preference Service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • WLMcCoy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • lt1jane