• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Report Rule-Breaking Website Linking: Seeking Guidance for Unfair Practices

In summary, the woman in my town who blatantly breaks the rules about website linking, etc. I mean its CONSTANT. In public forums, every single Facebook Post, etc. can be reported to the HO by emailing [email protected]. If her FB page is set to private it isn't searchable, which is what the HO is looking for.
MakinBacon
There is a woman in my town who blatantly breaks the rules about website linking, etc. I mean its CONSTANT. In public forums, every single Facebook Post, etc.

How do I report it?

I hate to be THAT person, but if I can't link everywhere I wish I could, its not really fair that she does it with no regard to the rules, right?

If her FB page is set to private it isn't searchable, which is what the HO is looking for. You can email the HO about violations.

I'm very new to PC, so I am not familiar with all the rules, yet. Could someone please be kind enough to explain this rule to me, so that I don't make the same mistake? :angel:

Gillian, you can get all the detail about Advertising and Publicity Policies in the Policy Guide on CC:

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/consultant_policy_guide.pdf

It starts on page 36 of the PDF document. Internet/Web info starts on page 38.

The bottom line is that we are not allowed to directly link to our PWS anywhere on the internet (which means you should remove it from your signature. You can use /citchencoture so it's not a live link), and we cannot state that we are a consultant online.

There is a lot more useful information in the PG, and I recommend reading through it at least once, so you know what is in there. That way, when you have a question in the future, you'll know where to find the detailed answer.

MakinBacon - if you do wish to report a violation, you can do so at [email protected], but like Rae said, if it's not open and accessible by HO, they might not do anything.

Thanks for the info. So am I misunderstanding the section that reads? -

"The second exception pertains to personal electronic
communications. You may continue to include your Personal
Web Site address as part of your contact information or
signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently
available through your Personal Web Site and your personal
e-mails to your customers. These communications may link
to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic
mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed
merchandise vendor."

I interpret this to mean that my website address may be a part of my e-mail signature. Please advise, thank you so much!

Citchen Couture said:

merchandise vendor."

I interpret this to mean that my website address may be a part of my e-mail signature. Please advise, thank you so much!

Yes that is correct it can be part of your email signature but it can not be part of your signature on here.

Citchen Couture said:

merchandise vendor."

I interpret this to mean that my website address may be a part of my e-mail signature.
Please advise, thank you so much!

That's correct!

chefheidi2003 said:
Yes that is correct it can be part of your email signature but it can not be part of your signature on here.

This. As I mentioned, you can put it in your signature here on CS as "/citchencouture" and we'll all know how to get to your site to look at it, but it won't be a live link, and thus a violation.

Citchen Couture said:

e-mails
to your customers. These communications may link
merchandise vendor
."

So, not here b/c this is public. Also, FB is not any of the above, so that is why it is not allowed.

Sandi

Thanks everybody for the kind help!

Thanks for the information all. There is a PUBLIC facebook group wherein she simply posted in the discussions that she was a consultant, gave her link and listed specials. Also, when someone online asks what I do, I say "I'm a direct sales consultant for a kitchenware company" and if they ask "which one" I private message them. but, i also keep my stuff private on facebook/myspace.but if you google Pampered Chef, a LOT of facebook and myspace pages come up.

You know, there is a 2008 trivet on Ebay right now that is up to $22. I know, not really related to this topic but I still find it interesting that someone would pay that much for it on Ebay.

Some of the stuff on Ebay goes for MUCH higher than you can buy it from in-catalog. Even the current stuff sells for much higher. I've gone looking to build my kit for cheap, but never ordered anything because I can get it cheaper with my discount or host a show for myself, etc.I DO buy it from yard-sales though.
I got the Easy Accent Decorator for $5 a couple of weeks ago. BRAND NEW with all the parts, paperwork, box, etc! :D

MakinBacon said:
There is a woman in my town who blatantly breaks the rules about website linking, etc. I mean its CONSTANT. In public forums, every single Facebook Post, etc.

How do I report it?

I hate to be THAT person, but if I can't link everywhere I wish I could, its not really fair that she does it with no regard to the rules, right?

I know people who do that too in my team! I even see people who are here on CS do it on FB. You'd think with how often it's talked about here they'd know better...or maybe they're just blatently ignoring it?

According to my director, they are going to be changing these policies soon. The buzz here is that they'll hopefully be announcing it at conference. The policies are just so outdated to our culture now! I mean, I rarely even use the phone now! I do most, if not all, of my communication via e-mail, FB & texting.

mrshamel3808 said:
The buzz here is that they'll hopefully be announcing it at conference.

You know, the buzz is definately stronger this year but that was also something people thought would happen next year. I would like them to change the rules a little, too. But there is going to be a fine line we have to walk still I would imagine. The main point is, we can speculate all we want to but until it is changed by HO, it is still a violation. There are a lot of people who are doing it now and saying..........well, I've heard there is going to be a change so............

Until the change, those people are still breaking the rules. None means none.

The closest thing I do as far as "Advertising" on FB, I have a separate account for business related contacts. Mostly because I feel like its unprofessional to let people contact me by FB and post stuff about my son learning to go potty or walking for the first time or how my hubby's late coming home from work again because one of his students is a doofus and forgot to turn in paperwork, etc.So, I created a separate account so my business contacts don't see as much about my personal life and since both are friends only, my "Business" FB account doesn't irritate non-customers when I say "OOOOH! New specials are out for August!" (without mentioning what I do or PC, etc...just that new specials are out) or "Just tried a new recipe! AMAZING" and stuff like that. Everybody I know knows that I'm a consultant :D

I assumed having a seperate account from your personal facebook and stating yourself an "Independent Consultant with Pampered Chef" WAS legal nowadays?? :confused: I didn't think we had to "hide" anymore...

Laura, this is an older thread from before the updated policies went into effect.

Ohhhh!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry!! When I logged on this morning, I was just scanning down through the posts on the main page and saw this! LOL!! My bad!

....or maybe not. It might have been a "related post" and I saw it on another page at the bottom. I think that might have been it.

Citchen Couture said:

to your Personal Web Site
This also includes any electronic
merchandise vendor."

No, you can use it as a part of your email signature.

1. What is "consultant rule breaking"?

"Consultant rule breaking" refers to the act of a consultant breaking or bending the rules or guidelines set by their company or industry in order to achieve a certain outcome or benefit for themselves or their clients.

2. Why do consultants engage in rule breaking?

Consultants may engage in rule breaking for various reasons, such as pressure to meet targets or deadlines, desire for personal gain or recognition, or a belief that the rules are hindering their ability to provide the best solutions for their clients.

3. What are the consequences of consultant rule breaking?

The consequences of consultant rule breaking can vary depending on the severity of the rule violation and the company's policies. It can range from a warning or reprimand to termination of employment or legal action. Additionally, rule breaking can damage the consultant's reputation and credibility, leading to loss of clients and future job opportunities.

4. How can companies prevent consultant rule breaking?

Companies can prevent consultant rule breaking by clearly communicating and enforcing their rules and guidelines, providing proper training and support to employees, and promoting a culture of ethical behavior and accountability. Regular monitoring and evaluation of consultant performance can also help identify and address any potential rule breaking.

5. What should I do if I suspect a consultant is breaking the rules?

If you suspect a consultant is breaking the rules, it is important to gather evidence and report it to the appropriate authorities within your company. It is also important to address the issue in a professional and respectful manner, and not confront the consultant directly. This will allow for a proper investigation and resolution of the situation without causing further conflict or harm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
Back