• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Important Update: Personal Website Addresses Changing? Find Out Here!

In summary, a website address change, also known as a domain name change, is when the URL of a website is altered, typically due to rebranding, a change in ownership, or a desire for a more memorable or relevant URL. The process of changing a website address involves purchasing a new domain name and updating hosting settings, and it is important to carefully plan and execute the change to avoid any disruptions. Changing a website address can potentially affect SEO, but with proper implementation, the impact should not be significant. However, there are costs associated with changing a website address, such as purchasing a new domain name and potentially hiring a web developer. It is important to budget and plan for these costs before proceeding with a website address change.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Does anyone know. Are our personal website addresses going to change with these changes? I will call HO if I have to. I just didn't know if anyone else had already found out. I need business cards but don't want to order them until I know.

chefheidi2003 said:
Does anyone know. Are our personal website addresses going to change with these changes? I will call HO if I have to. I just didn't know if anyone else had already found out. I need business cards but don't want to order them until I know.

No. They wouldn't do that to us!

I didn't think that they would. I just wanted to make sure before getting business cards. Thanks.

They shouldn't. I don't see what that has to do with anything. And that would be A LOT of extra work for HO.

The new training on consultant's corner states that our .biz address stays the same. HTH.

What is a website address change?

A website address change, also known as a domain name change, is when the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of a website is altered. This can be due to various reasons such as rebranding, a change in ownership, or a desire for a more memorable or relevant URL.

Why would a website address need to be changed?

There are a few reasons why a website address may need to be changed. One common reason is if a company or organization undergoes a rebranding and wants their website URL to reflect their new name or image. Another reason could be if the website owner wants to switch to a more memorable or relevant URL. Additionally, a website address may need to be changed if there is a change in ownership or if the previous URL was not effective in attracting visitors.

How do I change my website address?

The process of changing a website address varies depending on the platform and hosting provider. In general, you will need to purchase a new domain name from a domain registrar and then update the settings on your hosting account to point to the new domain. It is important to carefully plan and execute the change to avoid any disruption to your website and potential loss of traffic.

Will changing my website address affect my SEO?

Changing your website address can potentially have an impact on your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It is important to properly redirect all old URLs to their corresponding new URLs to avoid any broken links and ensure that search engines can still find and index your website. It is also recommended to update any backlinks to your old URL to point to the new one. It may take some time for search engines to recognize and adjust to the change, but with proper implementation, it should not have a significant negative impact on your SEO.

Are there any costs associated with changing a website address?

Yes, there are costs associated with changing a website address. You will need to purchase a new domain name, which can range in price depending on the domain extension and availability. There may also be fees associated with updating your hosting account and potentially hiring a web developer to assist with the technical aspects of the change. It is important to budget and plan for these costs before proceeding with a website address change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MyPony
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChrisT