• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Exhibitors Have Links on Event Websites? Find Out Now!

In summary, you can't have links to your website from another website. You can get permission from HO, but it has to be for a fundraiser.
esavvymom
Staff member
I thought I had read that you cannot have links to your website from another website. Does this also apply to something in which you are an Exhibitor at an event?

I was searching for shows/events in the upcoming year, and noticed that on a MAJOR bridal site, there is a link to a website. She is/was an exhibitor with them. Are we allowed to do that? My recent booth, I thought we weren't, so on their exhibitor page they were only going to put my phone and email and not my website.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you are right. You can't put your website on their page without written consent from HO.

No, we can't have a link in that situation.

I didnt' think so, and rechecked the Policies. It states in two places that you can't, and tells you what CAN be posted when you are an exhibitor, such as this was.I just sent a nice email to her directly (hopefully she takes it that way!) to let her know. It could be the bridal company posted it without her realizing it. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I'm not a tattle-tell! But we all have to play by the rules (although I admit I don't always understand them. i know I've inadvertently broken a few rules when I first started, mainly by mentioning that I'm a Pampered Chef consultant on another private forum I'm in. I wasn't promoting myself- it was a "HOORAY. I DID IT!!" moment with "friends". Apparently, even THAT is not allowed. Good grief!)

eeek, I hope it goes ok. In the future I would contact HO directly. I have heard from other consultants that contacting the rule breaker directly has turned out BAD. Hopefully the person will appreciate your heads-up.

It's possible that the consultant has no idea a link to her site is included in the online info.

I figured I'd give it a shot. I know I had a similar experience with a booth I did. They were setting up an exhibitor page....I fortunately knew that's what they were doing, so made sure to cross out my website when I handed her my business card. I was set up next to the lady who does their website (she too had a booth), and we talked about the limitation and was cool with that. So I just am assuming that maybe she didn't know. I would hope someone would give me the courtesy to point it out first, since I won't purposely break the rules. I happen to be a firm believer that rules apply to EVERYONE...not just "Everyone ELSE". :D But I'm human and may not understand them completely. I got a science degree, not a legal one. *hehe*And if it turns out badly, well, I tried. Anytime we deal with humans, things can go badly wrong. We've all seen that by reading different threads on here about hosts and such. :)

You can get permission from HO, here is the approval I got.
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef to request permission to link to your Personal Pampered Chef Web site. Approval has been granted for you to post a link to your Web site for the time frame and on the organizations Web site that you have listed in your request. Please be advised that the link can be active for a maximum of 60 days from the date the link was posted.

Thank you very much and good luck with your fundraiser!

Margarette Smetkowski
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.®
The Pampered Chef

merego said:
You can get permission from HO, here is the approval I got.
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef to request permission to link to your Personal Pampered Chef Web site. Approval has been granted for you to post a link to your Web site for the time frame and on the organizations Web site that you have listed in your request. Please be advised that the link can be active for a maximum of 60 days from the date the link was posted.

Thank you very much and good luck with your fundraiser!

Margarette Smetkowski
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.®
The Pampered Chef

Isn't that just when it's a fundraiser??

Yes, that's only allowed for FRs, and HO has to approve it.

pamperedbecky said:
Isn't that just when it's a fundraiser??

not sure, I have done a few events and gotten this kind of response when asking for permission.

1. How can I add a link to my website on my Pampered Chef consultant page?

To add a link to your website on your consultant page, log into your consultant account and click on the "My Website" tab. From there, click on "Customize My Personal Website" and scroll down to the "Links" section. Here, you can add your website's URL and a custom name for the link. Click "Save" to add the link to your consultant page.

2. Can I add multiple links to my website on my consultant page?

Yes, you can add multiple links to your website on your consultant page. Simply follow the same steps mentioned above for each link you want to add. You can also rearrange the order of your links by clicking and dragging them in the "Links" section.

3. How do I edit or remove a link to my website on my consultant page?

To edit or remove a link to your website on your consultant page, log into your consultant account and go to the "My Website" tab. Click on "Customize My Personal Website" and scroll down to the "Links" section. Here, you can click on the "Edit" or "Remove" button next to the link you want to modify. Remember to click "Save" after making any changes.

4. Can I add a link to my website on my Pampered Chef party page?

Yes, you can add a link to your website on your Pampered Chef party page. Simply go to your party page and click on the "Edit" button. In the "Links" section, you can add your website's URL and a custom name for the link. Click "Save" to add the link to your party page.

5. How do I share a link to my website with my customers?

To share a link to your website with your customers, you can add it to your email signature, social media profiles, or include it in your marketing materials. You can also share the link during your Pampered Chef parties or when following up with customers. Additionally, you can ask your customers to visit your consultant page, where they can find a link to your website in the "Links" section.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sk8rgrrl99