• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achieving A+ Certification: My Journey So Far

In summary, John has completed the A+ certification course and has been preparing for the Microsoft certification tests.
pampered1224
Silver Member
WOW! I can not believe I am almost 2/3 of the way through the A+ Certification course. In about three weeks I should be able to schedule the certification tests through Microsoft's reps! I feel so good about this. I have managed to stay on pace, one unit and test per week, and I have maintained an A!!!! I used a ton of the study ideas you all suggested along with not rushing and I got the info down! I was trying way to hard to rush through these two courses. I found out a few things. 1st, by writing things out in tables and doing my homework in the same place each time, I could get it memorized. That was one of your suggestions. The other was to use all the tools I had available to repeat the info. Another one of your suggestions. I used pen and paper, Word and just repeated reading to memorize those dang tables!
Thank you everyone for your help and support! It never hurts to have a good cheering section either! Pat has been really good about leaving me alone to do my studies and letting me know he is proud of me when I pass a test. In fact, he is so good about it that the Christmas decor is still up but the lights are off! And mom, well she wants to know too how I do each time I do a test and then she WAAA HOOs me!
I feel like I am in high school again but there is energy in that!
So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

We all knew you could do it! Keep up your momentum!! :thumbup:

WAAA HOO....
too funny, as I was reading one of your comments on another post, I thought 'I wonder how John is doing with his studies'..... clicked back to new post and there was my answer......Waahoo and keep up the great studying practices..... you can do it!!!

Thanks ladies and I can not forget a big WAAA HOOO to my "fans" out here either! BIG HUGS EVERYONE! You all made me realize I could do it. All I needed was that support!

I'm so proud of you!

Sending out "Cogratulations".

Great job.

Congratulations on your accomplishments! Looking forward to more GOOD news!

Blessings, CK

I just found out that I will be taking my final next week!! I have one and a half more units to cover and the Teacher told me today that the last unit takes only about two days to finish! I will have completed BOTH the A+ Essentials and A+ Practical courses! Then I can take the actual Microsoft certification tests about two weeks after that! YEAH!!!! TWO DOWN, TWO TO GO!!!!! Oh and I had to laugh. My teacher had to sit with me today to watch me do the User Security Set ups. These are settings on Files and Folders that control who can and can not look and use these files. I went through it so fast, she had to ask me to slow down! I was the first person in two weeks who got it on the first try! She asked how? I told her that this is what I have been doing for at least 9 years! I said yes. I set up users, securities, branch offices, network settings and all that stuff. She said if that is the case, then the next classes, N+ (Networking) will be a breeze! She asked if I knew what Active Directory was? I said nothing. I simply went to the computer, found it, and set up the two new users I set up in the practice session. I then set up pretend branches for them and e-mail. All she said was wow!

Great job on wowing the teacher.... we are all rooting for you!!! keep us posted, Please.

Yay! I'm rooting for you!

1. What is A+ Certification?

A+ Certification is an industry-recognized credential that demonstrates a person's proficiency in computer hardware and software technologies.

2. How do I prepare for the A+ Certification exam?

There are many ways to prepare for the A+ Certification exam, including self-study using study guides and practice tests, attending training courses, and gaining hands-on experience.

3. How long does it take to obtain A+ Certification?

The timeline for obtaining A+ Certification varies depending on the individual's level of experience and the amount of time they can dedicate to studying. On average, it can take 3-6 months to prepare for and pass the exam.

4. What are the benefits of obtaining A+ Certification?

Obtaining A+ Certification can lead to better job opportunities, higher salaries, and increased credibility in the IT industry. It also validates your knowledge and skills in computer hardware and software technologies.

5. Is A+ Certification required for a career in IT?

A+ Certification is not a requirement for a career in IT, but it can greatly enhance your job prospects and give you a competitive edge over other candidates. It also provides a solid foundation for pursuing other advanced IT certifications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered1224