• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner with Leftover Ham and Salad?

In summary, Becky is trying to eat healthier this year by stocking up on fresh fruits and vegetables, and by making her own food instead of eating out. She is also preparing meals ahead of time and eating out only twice.
rennea
Gold Member
Sorry I'm so late today!!

Tonight for dinner we are having left over ham with salad!

This year my goal is to push a lot more fresh fruit and veggies into our bodies. We love fruit and veg but never seem to eat enough.

Hmm...haven't decided yet.Breakfast was french toast. Lunch might just be hotdogs (kids have been begging), I'll make myself a sandwich or something. Dinner...thinking of putting on a roast or making the chicken cooked yesterday into chicken/rice.I have leftover homemade bread from last night too...and leftover pineapple.

Since I've cleaned my fridge I've been very good at eating what is available, eating up leftovers and not wasting food. It's a good thing! ...should help January's budget immensely.I made mini apple muffins for the kids to snack on so they don't ask for other things.I got a bag of potato chips the other day just for a rare treat. :)

My cluster Christmas party is tonight (was scheduled for the 19th, but we had 10" of show that day), so I'm having dinner there. We're having One Pot Pasta, salad and a cobbler. DH is probably going over to his buddy's house.

I took pork chops out, but late. I thought I was going to hae to take my DM to the doctors today, she has been vomiting for two days. But the doctor called in an Rx, so we will see how that works. So since I was dealig with her I didn't think of dinner, I am not sure if we will have the pork or something else.

rennea said:
Sorry I'm so late today!!

Tonight for dinner we are having left over ham with salad!

This year my goal is to push a lot more fresh fruit and veggies into our bodies. We love fruit and veg but never seem to eat enough.

I just went yesterday and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies. We are most definitely eating better this year - and I am going to help cure DH and DS of their sugar addiction if it kills me!

So - we had a boiled egg, blackberries w/ a touch of cream and whole grain toast for breakfast. Lunch was Grilled Cheese (on whole grain again) w/ Organic Tomato Soup for DS, and a Dr. Praeger's Vegetable Patty w/Tzatziki Sauce and chopped onion and tomato for me. DH had (I packed his lunch) Chef's Salad, w/ bbq chips, and blackberries, and a granola bar.

Dinner is Venison Steaks, twice-baked potatoes, and steamed sugar snap peas. I might make some Molasses Crinkles today too.

Other than stocking up on fresh fruits and veggies (and adding eggs and milk as needed), we too are eating from what we have. We have plenty of foods here - a large upright freezer stuffed full, and the refrigerator freezer also, plus a shelving unit in the basement filled with extra canned/dry goods.

I wish I had a bread machine....but I might try making some bread by hand too.

We are going to an auction tonight so auction food.

I am thinking about making store bought gnocchis with Ragu tonight. I usually make this fresh from scratch, but found these for the first time since I have been here in the south, and thought I would try them.

Homemade pizza !!

I just got invited next door for an Arbonne Show...so I guess DH will have whatever is in the fridge/freezer...;)

homemade lentil soup and homemade bread. i added sweet potato and carrots to the soup and then pureed about half the soup. it's nice and thick now....

Chicken Tenders w/ homemade honey-mustard gravy
Tomatoes 'n Rice
Sweet Pea Salad
Cooked Carrots

Skillet lasagne (with ground beef instead of sausage), butternut squash and brocolli.

Becky - look out for a bread maker. They are really pretty inexpensive now-a-days (I used to always think of them as being really expensive), ans with all of the sales right now you might find a good deal.

I don't use mine nearly enough, but when I do - YUM! There's nothing like the smell of home-made bread... Mmmmm...

Wow, you guys are good. My Hubby flew back to Fargo yesterday :cry: so we are all eating our usuall 'lazy' dinners.
The kids: Fish sticks, cheese sticks, vitamins & apple sauce
Me: Soup or a frozen dinner
It's sad, but I don't cook real dinners when my husband is on the road.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts rubbed with Citrus Basil Rub and drizzled with a little honey...a bit healthier than Shake N Bake! Serving with brown & wild rice and corn on the cob, and some dinner rolls (if they're thawed in time...took a pack out of the freezer this morning).

One of my new year's resolutions was to plan my menus for a week at a time. I planned out our first week this afternoon and it's harder than I thought it would be, but we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to cut back (big time) on our grocery bill this way, so I can use more of what we already have in the house and spend less time running back and forth to the store for things we "need." :)

Oh Katie, that sounds really good on the chicken...I'll have to try that sometime!

I made Lazy Lasagna using ravioli instead of lasagna noodles and ricotta. Had it with a salad...it was yummy! And DH and kids ate it and liked it too!

janetupnorth said:
Oh Katie, that sounds really good on the chicken...I'll have to try that sometime!

It's really, really good. I put the rub on both sides of the chicken, drizzle the honey and then bake it for 30-35 minutes at 350 until the chicken is cooked through. I used to do this with the Greek Rub, too, but the Citrus & Basil one has become our favorite around here.

1. What is included in the "What's for Dinner?" meal kit?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal kit includes all the ingredients and recipes for 5 complete meals, serving 4-6 people each. It also comes with helpful cooking tips and techniques.

2. How often are the meals in the "What's for Dinner?" kit changed?

The meals in the "What's for Dinner?" kit are changed every 2 weeks to provide variety and seasonal options for our customers.

3. Are the ingredients in the "What's for Dinner?" kit pre-measured?

Yes, all the ingredients in the "What's for Dinner?" kit are pre-measured to ensure easy and accurate meal preparation.

4. Can I customize the meals in the "What's for Dinner?" kit?

Unfortunately, the meals in the "What's for Dinner?" kit are not customizable. However, we offer a variety of other meal options that can be tailored to your preferences and dietary restrictions.

5. How long does it take to prepare a meal from the "What's for Dinner?" kit?

The average cooking time for a meal from the "What's for Dinner?" kit is around 30 minutes. However, this may vary depending on the complexity of the recipe and individual cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • pamperedbybarbara