• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Was the Last Concert You Went To? and the Best?

In summary, the best concert I ever went to was Roger Waters last year. The best show I ever saw was Tori Amos at Lollapalozza 4. The last concert I went to was Foreigner/Styx/Def Lepard.
kcjodih
Gold Member
What do you say about consultants complaining about HO leads?There is a thread on CS about an execuflash. Apparently they are going to be sending packets to past hosts whos consultants have gone inactive. They are going to be including either the past consultants uplines info or a director in the area. Seems pretty logical to me, but there are several consultants really upset about it. I posted how I feel about the topic on that thread, but how would you handle that if it came up with your team?

...exactly as I addressed it on the message board - rather than waste your time complaining about a policy you're not going to change...change the way you run your business so that you'll promote to Director. Watch how quickly they'll quite whining when th epolicy works in their favor!

I haven't seen that thread but I do agree with the fact that they can get the benefits by promoting! We SHOULD get some perks after all!

I have to say, when I posted my responce on CS I expected to get some nasty responces, since everyone was so heated up about it. That just wasn't the case. There are still some people upset, obviousely, but lots of logic as well.

I know someone posted about FDs getting them if they hit sales each month, but then consultants would complain. I think it is a losing fight no matter what. Some people can't get to directorship and that is hard. However, I do believe it is up to us a directors to share leads that we get if we deem that the consultant WILL follow up!

I agree Kate! I was the one who suggested that FDs get them if they hit the $1250 in sales each month. I kinda said that knowing that most aren't working at that level so they would know that we just don't "get" them and we have to earn the right to HO leads as well. I can tell you that I have only 2 on my team that ever exceed $1250 in a month and that is sporadic at best!

Nothing is perfect and no one will ever be happy... I just hope they take their complaints to HO! My only other concern is that lots of people join CS BEFORE they sign and they read all of the ugliness... I wonder if it ever makes someone change their mind!

I just posted something on CS that will probably get me killed, but most directors work very hard to get where they are and taking that perk away would be a slap in the face to us!I didn't say the following, but, if they aren't able to train and keep consultants (someone said they had recruited 20 or so and still wasn't a director), maybe they wouldn't make good directors! It could be a personality issue, a time issue, an unsupportive spouse issue or many others! ARGH! It makes me so mad that they are bashing on what directors work so hard for!!!

Amen Sister! I feel the same way! I am glad to said that! I think the conversation has gotten petty. Everyone is alowed to have their feelings, and that is fine. But we have worked for those benifits, and they go to us for a reason. I think somepeople just like to find a nit and pick it sometimes. Probably the same people that get mad about us getting new products for free.

I agree. I feel like they want it all now and feel entitled. We all know that it isn't easy to get directorship and there should be rewards.

I think PC does a good job with it. I do think though that this particular announcement isn't quite fair. If my recruit (or recruit's recruit) has left the company and her host's PHD has expired I should get that letter no matter where she lives - I have consultant's all over and some have left but some are still active in that area and some are an hour or so away but I do go that far so why shouldn't it come back to me.

I agree! That's why I put the thing in there about meeting the same requirements as directors! I find that the ones who complain the most are working the least.

I couldn't believe the whole thread. I kept most of my opinions to myself since it's that time of the month and I'm just too tired to really fight with them.
I agree with you guys that it is and always will be a never ending battle.:mad:

I always get frustrated when things go negative on a post on Chef Success for the reason mentioned earlier in this thread. There really are people who are considering the business or who just started the business. I believe in keeping it upbeat as much as possible.

I was very disappointed to see a former Director/former Consultant posting how she did not think the lead system is fair. My guess is that it was fair to her when she was a Director. I really felt like that was a Pampered Chef slap. UGH!

Thanks!
Lisa

ChefLisa said:
I always get frustrated when things go negative on a post on Chef Success for the reason mentioned earlier in this thread. There really are people who are considering the business or who just started the business. I believe in keeping it upbeat as much as possible.

I agree LIsa!! I send new consultants there and possible recruits there to read up! I'm SOOOOO tired of all the complaining lately!! It's so frustrating!!!:sick:

I have to say honostly I don't send my new conslutants to CS for a couple of reasons. First it is way too easy to spend entirely too much time on these darn sites, and that time could be better used. And because of this kind of negative stuff. I do share the site, but not at first. The attitude makes me even more glad to have this site. I really don't enjoy the "Us and Them" mentality

I have a friend on CS and she came to our TEAM Training last week. It was great and she gave a lot to our meeting. One of my consultants asked how we knew each other and she told her from CS and my consultant said that she thought the message boards were only for directors. I really don't want her on it because she spends SO much time doing everything on her biz that isn't income generating activities that I'm afraid she'll spend hours on CS and call it "working." I changed the subject really fast and thankfully it didn't come up again.

I just finally got to read that post you are all talking about. WOW, I'm shocked at how rude they all got over this. I'm a new director and this blows my mind.

Yes... some people have NO clue how they come across. And it's a wonder why she's not recruiting!!!!!

All I can say is: "unbelieve-able!"

Hello! Don't they realize that we were all there once and that we worked through it all to earn the perks. Oh, well. It will blow over and they'll hopefully get on with their businesses and learn what we are talking about when they promote.

I do not tell my new consultants about CS. They have enough to digest at first. I DO do a lot of training with them and want them to concentrate on the basics.

Once they are off and running I tell them about CS and that it can give you a bunch of ideas. I worry that they will read inaccurate information or get too into all the flyers...

I love CS and have benefited greatly from the site and do share a lot from the site with my team.

But it's kinda like a train wreck, I still have to keep going back to that thread and seeing where it has gone now.
I completely agree, Rude, Disrespectful and hateful, kinda makes ya wanna smack some sence in to some people!

I do really get a lot from CS too, and I am really excited about what I can get from this site too. Hoepfully without all the drama. Kinda like the big kids sand box!

ShanaSmith said:
But it's kinda like a train wreck, I still have to keep going back to that thread and seeing where it has gone now.
I completely agree, Rude, Disrespectful and hateful, kinda makes ya wanna smack some sence in to some people!

I do really get a lot from CS too, and I am really excited about what I can get from this site too. Hoepfully without all the drama. Kinda like the big kids sand box!

:p I know! That's exactly what my expectations are! We can really grow together!

I love that, the big kids sandbox.

One thing about that post that is frustrating is that those who are working hard to get to director don't see that we do want to help. I love the suggestion to be able to search for a consultant! They just see it as we are slapping them in the face because we have what they don't, and apparently we didn't work for it!

cmdtrgd said:
One thing about that post that is frustrating is that those who are working hard to get to director don't see that we do want to help. I love the suggestion to be able to search for a consultant! They just see it as we are slapping them in the face because we have what they don't, and apparently we didn't work for it!

I have seen that with other companies too and I would like that (I know some of my customers have gone to PC and been referred to a different director through the lead system - some have stayed with me but I am sure others just went with whoever PC paired them with even though they originally "knew" me). I do think though that there should be qualifications to have your name in that list for the search. So many are hobbyists or don't really care about the business. That would be a good place for the $1250 in 3 of 4 months (or whatever) qualification for any consultant. But that would take away from the lead system and many guests would just call the first person on the list which also would not be fair. I often get bogus leads that are nothing and wonder if the others in my rotation are getting all the good ones so I vote for leaving it the way it is. The more people in the mix the less fair.

I think that if you know a consultant you should be able to find her by putting her name in a search but otherwise I wouldn't really want it changed.

Well, if I was to change the lead system it would be to sort the leads by what they are and rotate them that way. For instance: 5 directors in an area; leads divided by want business info, purchase product, have a show, other. SO the first business lead of the week goes to #1, second lead is for product information and it's #4's turn for that kind of lead, third lead is a website purchase and it's #2's turn for that.

It would complicate things slightly but a computer program could be written to sort them out automatically.

cmdtrgd said:

So true! I tried to offer some proactive suggestions but they were overlooked... they're more interested in complaining than doing something to promote their businesses!

Oh well... now I'm just finding the whole thread entertaining.

Interesting that the one making the most noise on that thread just said on another thread that she hasn't had a cooking show in some time. HELLO?? I don't call that working your business.

Sorry - I'm venting here.

Beth - I just read that one, too! I know she had a wedding, but that was about 6 months ago. I have had a hard summer and I posted as much on that thread. Nobody jumped on that. They don't realize how much work it is to listen to their vents, coach them to figure out how to fix it, try to decide if someone has a real reason for not doing anything or if they are just ignoring your calls, etc.

That also struck me as kind of interesting.

These are a few points I am thinking about bringing up if someone truly wants to promote. Please tell me if you think they would be good to share. Actually, why don't we compile a list together and post it on Chef Success.

1. Make sure you have a consistent show schedule. You need a minimum of six to eight cooking shows per month to get in front of enough people to gather up enough leads.

2. Of course you need to ask everyone and follow up with each lead.

3. Ask your Director to help you at recruiting interviews. If your Director does not live close enough, find someone else who is a successful recruiter who could help you.

4. Attend every sales meeting. If your Director does not live close enough, find a Hospitality Meeting. In the 3 1/2 years I have been a Consultant, I have missed about three meetings. They really are that important.

5. As soon as you are working a consistent show schedule of a minimum of six to eight shows per month (maybe three months straight), ask your Director to participate in a Step up to Director program.

Okay, what else do you each have?

ChefLisa said:

These are a few points I am thinking about bringing up if someone truly wants to promote. Please tell me if you think they would be good to share. Actually, why don't we compile a list together and post it on Chef Success.

1. Make sure you have a consistent show schedule. You need a minimum of six to eight cooking shows per month to get in front of enough people to gather up enough leads.

3. Ask your Director to help you at recruiting interviews. If your Director does not live close enough, find someone else who is a successful recruiter who could help you.

4. Attend every sales meeting. If your Director does not live close enough, find a Hospitality Meeting. In the 3 1/2 years I have been a Consultant, I have missed about three meetings. They really are that important.

5. As soon as you are working a consistent show schedule of a minimum of six to eight shows per month (maybe three months straight), ask your Director to participate in a Step up to Director program.

These are GREAT!!
Don't forget...ATTEND NAtional Conference, and if you are unable to, then take teleclasses and listed to the audios from NC.

Even if you do attend National Conference take the teleclasses and online classes and purchase the CD's from PC or borrow them from your director. You could also go together with others in your cluster and each buy one, then trade.

Lisa - those are great tips!

Find someone to be accountable to each other with - another consultant who also wants to promote. Help each other.

bethcooks4u said:
Interesting that the one making the most noise on that thread just said on another thread that she hasn't had a cooking show in some time. HELLO?? I don't call that working your business.

Sorry - I'm venting here.

TOTALLY SAW THAT!!!! Ironic!!!

Did you notice that when you leave a quote in your post that there's an arrow that you can click on to send you back to see the original post? How cool! That Greg is constantly giving us new toys!:cool:

I think they need to also be prepared to submit most of the$4000 themselves, for the first couple of months. Just in case the team is down

Shana - I am learning that the hard way!!!

Me too Kate! I am really struggling, especially this month and the last two months.

However, I am very stubborn and I am not going to lose it. At least I am going to try very very hard not to lose it.

Kate, let's stay Directors. We worked too hard to get it!

GO KATE! GO ME!

Lisa

I am going to post all of these great tips on Chef Success!

Thanks to all!

we'll back you up Lisa!

I think this is the first time since I promoted that I can actually count on my team to do most of the $4000. Not that I can exepect it every month, but it is nice to have that stress off.

ShanaSmith said:
I have to say honostly I don't send my new conslutants to CS for a couple of reasons. First it is way too easy to spend entirely too much time on these darn sites, and that time could be better used. And because of this kind of negative stuff. I do share the site, but not at first. The attitude makes me even more glad to have this site. I really don't enjoy the "Us and Them" mentality

Yay, I finally made it here to Director CS. I should have gone through the steps to set up this subscription BEFORE I posted on that thread back there. The whole thing amazed me too. I honestly held no ill-will toward directors back before I promoted when there were really cool perks or rewards. I guess I don't understand where some people are coming from when they think things like this are unfair.

I agree - it's sort of like a bad car wreck that I periodically look at that thread. But, last I checked, my post seemed to have killed it for now (I can be a thread killer sometimes!:eek:) which I'm not sad about.

Anyway, I'm glad to be able to hang out here now. Of course I need to limit my time as it's very addictive. I said back there in my post too that I don't direct new consultants to CS. It's just too overwhelming and there is LOTS more whining now compared to when I first joined. I don't like newbies seeing that.

ChefLisa said:

I just saw the awesome list over on CS, which is what finally prompted me to come register here. GREAT IDEAS!!!:) Hopefully this will be seen as helpful by everyone over there.

Welcome Becky, I'm glad you decided to come to our play ground!

Thank you! I hope it'll be a little nicer here sometimes. At least more sane. Or maybe not!:yuck::devil: (love the smilies).

:Dinsane is one thing, but down right mean is another!

I was wondering what was taking you so long to get over here!

Welcome! :party:

Thank you! :) I've been trying to spend less time on here and more time working my business the way I need to, but this area is probably worth spending some time on. Especially when the other part gets too negative.:rolleyes:

You all have a great day!:D

Welcome Becky! Thanks for your post back there on CS. All I was saying is I was tired of all the trash talking and negativity and it turned into this big old mess. I even posted the likes of a new director but it just got overlooked. If Leah is anything like my recruiter, she's not signing anyone because of her attitude. Sorry but its the truth.

I'm SO done with this topic and SO glad I come here to get the "real" information needed!

Thank YOU!!!

And, yes, we all did work very hard to get where we are!! Do you remember my big old mix-up with trying to promote? UGh!! So glad its over and I'm a DIRECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I just read through that entire post. WOW! I actually had left CS from quite a while because I couldn't stand the negativity. I believe that a negative attitude is what holds one back from being a success and getting what they want out of this business. Imagine what could be accomplished if all that energy was focused in a positive manner.

I look forward to being a part of this forum and growing my business in a positive manner!

Sherrie :)

Welcome.
speaking of the real info, Did you all get the email today saying that they were going to be sending out the packets? I am actually really excited about it, since I have lost customers when their friend stopped selling.

ShanaSmith said:
Welcome.
speaking of the real info, Did you all get the email today saying that they were going to be sending out the packets? I am actually really excited about it, since I have lost customers when their friend stopped selling.

Hey, I didn't get a email about it today! Hmm, I'm quite excited about it because my old director retired over a year ago so her old hosts are fair game!!!!:D

ShanaSmith said:
Welcome.

I got the email too! I checked on CC and I have quite a few names on there. Many are from my inactive consultants some of whom live up to 2 hours away. I didn't think I'd get those! Looks like I have a lot of calling to do in the next few days!

I wonder if you have to be in the lead system for that email - I'm out this month AGAIN!

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Was the Last Concert You Went To? and the Best?</h2><p>1. What was the last concert you went to?2. Who was your favorite performer at that concert?3. What made the concert the best for you?4. Have you been to any other concerts recently?5. Can you recommend any upcoming concerts that you are excited about?</p><h2>What do you say about consultants complaining about HO leads?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand that leads from the Home Office are a valuable resource for growing our businesses. However, it's important to keep in mind that these leads are just one aspect of our overall marketing strategy. It's also important to remember that the Home Office is constantly working to improve the quality of leads and provide us with the best opportunities for success. Instead of focusing on complaints, let's work together to make the most of the leads we receive and continue to find other ways to reach potential customers.</p><h2>How would you handle an executive flash about sending packets to past hosts with inactive consultants?</h2><p>If this topic came up with my team, I would first make sure that everyone understands the purpose behind the executive flash and the potential benefits for our businesses. I would also address any concerns or complaints and encourage open communication about how we can use this opportunity to reach out to past hosts and potentially reactivate inactive consultants. It's important to approach this with a positive attitude and see it as a chance to reconnect with past hosts and potentially grow our businesses.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Was the Last Concert You Went To? and the Best?

1. What was the last concert you went to?2. Who was your favorite performer at that concert?3. What made the concert the best for you?4. Have you been to any other concerts recently?5. Can you recommend any upcoming concerts that you are excited about?

What do you say about consultants complaining about HO leads?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand that leads from the Home Office are a valuable resource for growing our businesses. However, it's important to keep in mind that these leads are just one aspect of our overall marketing strategy. It's also important to remember that the Home Office is constantly working to improve the quality of leads and provide us with the best opportunities for success. Instead of focusing on complaints, let's work together to make the most of the leads we receive and continue to find other ways to reach potential customers.

How would you handle an executive flash about sending packets to past hosts with inactive consultants?

If this topic came up with my team, I would first make sure that everyone understands the purpose behind the executive flash and the potential benefits for our businesses. I would also address any concerns or complaints and encourage open communication about how we can use this opportunity to reach out to past hosts and potentially reactivate inactive consultants. It's important to approach this with a positive attitude and see it as a chance to reconnect with past hosts and potentially grow our businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• evk1972
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • Chef Kearns