• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not so Happy With New Requirements

I can see this affecting directors and uplines when those consultants that can't submit in a month dropping to inactive. I have to say, once someone goes inactive, it is all that much easier to say "I'm done."What a poor time to do this with how things are in the economy right now! Feels like they are trying to get rid of some of us.Sorry to vent on all of you, I just needed to vent somewhere.
If you aren't recruiting, then you haven't lost or gained anything You are still a consultant earning the same percentages on your sales. I'm sure that most of us came into this business to make money, the company has now given us a chance to make MORE money - if we choose to do so.

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
Ann, I appreciate the rest of your post, but they're not giving EVERYBODY a raise. They're giving people who RECRUIT a raise. While that is good news to people who are successful at recruiting, it's a moot point to those of us who haven't recruited.

I DO hope to recruit, but I haven't had luck with it so far. So this is just OK for me ...

Actually, sellers are getting a raise too with the Elite Seller Program! I think that is awesome!

I really hope that HO puts Jean's attitude speach on CC. I loved her quote - it went something like ....you need to decide if your resistance to change is greater than your desire to grow....that may not be exactly it, but it's close.

I really hope they put it up, too. Our groups phones were ringing with flight cancellations and delays due to snow in Chicago, so I was a little distracted.

I absolutely loved her speech too----they need to put that on CC.
Basically, we're getting paid more to do what we're supposed to be doing.....selling is our job, but so is sharing the opportunity. It's not up to us to decide for someone else if they should do this. It's up to us to offer it to them; then they decide. If you don't want to be a director, that's fine, but you should still be talking about this opportunity.

lacychef said:
I absolutely loved her speech too----they need to put that on CC.
Basically, we're getting paid more to do what we're supposed to be doing.....selling is our job, but so is sharing the opportunity. It's not up to us to decide for someone else if they should do this. It's up to us to offer it to them; then they decide. If you don't want to be a director, that's fine, but you should still be talking about this opportunity.
That's exactly it! Someone wouldn't expect to get get full pay and benefits from a so-called "real" job if they only completed half of their responsibilities. Why would PC be any different?

My Ah Ha Moment was when Belinda put it into this perspective... we have an Amazing Gift to offer: Do NOT Prejudge -this biz is a gift so gift it! 5 Key gifts
1. Financial Freedom 2. Flexiblity 3 Freindships 4. Recognition 5. Personal growth.

Everyone could use at least one of these gifts, if not all! Why would we keep that to ourselves! We need to offer this gift to EVERYONE and let them decide if they want it for themselves and not prejudge before offering! This is my attitude now! :)

heat123 said:
My Ah Ha Moment was when Belinda put it into this perspective... we have an Amazing Gift to offer: Do NOT Prejudge -this biz is a gift so gift it! 5 Key gifts
1. Financial Freedom 2. Flexiblity 3 Freindships 4. Recognition 5. Personal growth.

Everyone could use at least one of these gifts, if not all! Why would we keep that to ourselves! We need to offer this gift to EVERYONE and let them decide if they want it for themselves and not prejudge before offering! This is my attitude now! :)

EXACTLY!!! That's a great point to make. I'm going to even say it like that at my shows. In the after-Leadership evaluation we just got through email, that's the most important thing I gained from Belinda's training, so that's what I put down.

LOVE IT!!!!:D:D Heather, you're going to be even MORE on fire this year, I can feel it!:thumbup:

I hope to see the speech too ....I too agree with sharing the opportunity with everyone and not prejudging. However ... not everyone is fortunate enough to come across people who want the opportunity. Just because we don't have anyone take us up on it doesn't mean we're not offering.Anyway, I'm just neutral on this, since I gain or lose nothing ...

chefann said:
I heard a great description from someone at my NED's meeting: There is still room for hobbyists, but there's not room for deadbeats.

The new plan will take some getting used to. That's a given - there's always a period of adjustment to something that is so significantly different. But HO approached this with much thought and wants us to succeed. That is why HO gave us the info 2 1/2 months before it goes into effect, and is giving grace periods.

I loved the mention that: At a time when companies are cutting jobs and benefits, we're giving everyone a raise.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! Amen! :)

Di_Can_Cook said:
I hope to see the speech too ....

I too agree with sharing the opportunity with everyone and not prejudging. However ... not everyone is fortunate enough to come across people who want the opportunity. Just because we don't have anyone take us up on it doesn't mean we're not offering.

Anyway, I'm just neutral on this, since I gain or lose nothing ...

It is rare that someone makes it known that they want the opportunity. Once I knew that it was only my job to create interest at parties, that made me feel better. I have found that once interest is created, then conversation starts. I try to keep it educational but keeping the other person talking by asking open ended questions has helped too.

The numbers are true to form. About every 10 people you talk to will be interested enough to sign. Growing a team takes time. The rare consultant you see that zooms up through the levels..is again...rare. Can it happen and would we all like it to happen? You bet! It's like playing the lottery...there is usually only one person that is successful in hitting the right numbers, but if that person didn't buy the ticket they wouldn't have hit the winning number. Plus, I bet that person played many tickets in the past too.

There are many people in my family that are good at chit chat, small talk, what ever the name may be. I am not. I am what I call a "wham bam, thank you mamme" kind of communicator. (For those of you who took Tony Alexander's workshop at NC 2008...yes, I am a "director".) Knowing what kind of communicator you are helps also. Those that are "socializers" or "relators" may talk too much...we all have our styles that we need to be aware of.

Sometimes we can do all of the right things but the person who was interested suddenly becomes uninterested. It may be that they doubt themself or someone has made a comment that was negative. Just trying to keep the conversation going is all that is needed.

pamperedbecky said:
EXACTLY!!! That's a great point to make. I'm going to even say it like that at my shows. In the after-Leadership evaluation we just got through email, that's the most important thing I gained from Belinda's training, so that's what I put down.

LOVE IT!!!!:D:D Heather, you're going to be even MORE on fire this year, I can feel it!:thumbup:

Can you tell I AM PUMPED lol! I just booked another one in MARCH! WHOOHOO 6 IN TWO DAYS! AND TWO ORDERS! SWEET!!!!:chef:

I think I disagree with Di_Can_Cook. I am with you on the I have offered, offered and offered but have literally only had three sign in 7 years. So in general I too have nothing to loose and nothing to gain here. But actually from where I really see, I still have something to gain even if it is not monetary yet. A new reason to thrive in my business.
That gain is a more focused reason to do my business. I think I have been so abstract about "why should I recruit?", that I never really had a firm purpose. Well, this program put a different spin on the why. So maybe if I keep looking at the new instead of what has happened, then I can pin point all my recruiting efforts even more. By the way, has anyone gone through all three of the videos on CC? And if so, any major points to look for? I am going to go through them over the weekend as I will have time then. Been working my FT so much since the first that I didn't even shovel the side walk this week at all! (We get fined $138 if we don't and get caught!) So...

I did my shoveling last week when we got the foot of snow. This week it's bitter cold and I am not going out in that ... :)

Anyway ... I watched the second video and didn't see much in there ... it focuses on the higher levels which I am not ... I'm sure others will find it.

Anyway ... recruiting is all about them, and not us ... it is, however, nice that there is something in it for us ... And more rewards for being consistent ...

I just watched part one. Well, Di_Can_Cook, you are right in a lot of ways. It does actually put more pressure on a lot of us. I work a full time job - mine requires a lot of weekend work as well as my normal 5 days a week - so the pressure to achieve and stay active is now much greater for those who have this as their primary job. I have to do a lot of juggling as it is to get in a few shows a month. And I liked the fact that if I could not get that one in, there was next month. I believe the disappointment level will be greater for me now too. Not to mention that of my director. I almost hate to say this but I will. The first thought, I am done. I do not like disappointment personally and I really hate letting other people - my director - down. I am really gonna have to think on this one.
P.S. In case anyone has read this already - that pressure will be self induced. It will not come from above.

Last edited:
I've had luck in getting people to sign, but unlucky in getting them trained. I'm not a director, and mine is really busy. My recruits have a couple shows (counting one I do for them), then lose heart in trying so hard to get bookings. I am going to try the "cook, book, & look" for training, and TRY to get a regular phone appt. with them.....I wish HO would give the training booklets, etc... to people that aren't directors!

cookin to the top said:
I've had luck in getting people to sign, but unlucky in getting them trained. I'm not a director, and mine is really busy. My recruits have a couple shows (counting one I do for them), then lose heart in trying so hard to get bookings. I am going to try the "cook, book, & look" for training, and TRY to get a regular phone appt. with them.....I wish HO would give the training booklets, etc... to people that aren't directors!
This new program should help you. Directors will be more motivated to help you with your recruits - THEY need that recruit.

cookin to the top said:
I wish HO would give the training booklets, etc... to people that aren't directors!

I think you can order the Guide to Supporting New Consultants--or at least have your director order it for you!

<h2>1. When does this go into effect? Does it start on April 1st?</h2><p>The new requirement of submitting $150.00 a month to stay active will go into effect on April 1st. This was announced in a recent video, and it is important to meet this requirement in order to stay active with Pampered Chef.</p><h2>2. Why not grandfather in older consultants and only apply this to new consultants?</h2><p>This is a common question and concern among our experienced consultants. The reason for this change is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of the company as a whole. We appreciate your understanding and support in this decision.</p><h2>3. How can I expect to book shows and find potential hosts when everyone is saying they can't afford it due to the current economy?</h2><p>We understand that times may be tough for some right now, but it is important to remember that there are still people who are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef show. You can try targeting specific demographics or offering more budget-friendly options to potential hosts. Our team is here to support you and help you find ways to continue booking shows.</p><h2>4. My January sales were low, and I'm worried about going inactive. Will this affect directors and uplines as well?</h2><p>We understand your concerns about going inactive, but it is important to meet the new requirement in order to stay active with the company. This change will not only affect individual consultants, but also the success of the company as a whole. We encourage you to continue working towards meeting the requirement and reach out to your upline for support and guidance.</p><h2>5. Is this change just a way for Pampered Chef to get rid of some of us during a difficult time in the economy?</h2><p>We assure you that this change is not meant to push anyone out of the company. Our goal is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of Pampered Chef. We value and appreciate all of our consultants and their hard work, and we are here to support you through this change.</p>

1. When does this go into effect? Does it start on April 1st?

The new requirement of submitting $150.00 a month to stay active will go into effect on April 1st. This was announced in a recent video, and it is important to meet this requirement in order to stay active with Pampered Chef.

2. Why not grandfather in older consultants and only apply this to new consultants?

This is a common question and concern among our experienced consultants. The reason for this change is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of the company as a whole. We appreciate your understanding and support in this decision.

3. How can I expect to book shows and find potential hosts when everyone is saying they can't afford it due to the current economy?

We understand that times may be tough for some right now, but it is important to remember that there are still people who are interested in hosting a Pampered Chef show. You can try targeting specific demographics or offering more budget-friendly options to potential hosts. Our team is here to support you and help you find ways to continue booking shows.

4. My January sales were low, and I'm worried about going inactive. Will this affect directors and uplines as well?

We understand your concerns about going inactive, but it is important to meet the new requirement in order to stay active with the company. This change will not only affect individual consultants, but also the success of the company as a whole. We encourage you to continue working towards meeting the requirement and reach out to your upline for support and guidance.

5. Is this change just a way for Pampered Chef to get rid of some of us during a difficult time in the economy?

We assure you that this change is not meant to push anyone out of the company. Our goal is to keep all consultants actively engaged in their business and to ensure the success of Pampered Chef. We value and appreciate all of our consultants and their hard work, and we are here to support you through this change.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
esavvymom