• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Wear When Walking as a New Director...

In summary, the conference's dress code is business casual attire. There will be special recognition segments throughout the conference, and people being recognized on stage will be wearing whatever is put on that morning. Pack outfits for doing business in Chicago, and
SusanBP0129
I am thinking black pants, heels, and as for a top...not sure...
Don't want "arm jiggle". LOL

Hows about shorty shorts, a tube tup and lucite heels? JJ!!LOL!!
Honestly...I think you should wear something that makes you feel AWESOME! If black pants, heels and a blouse are it then go for it!!!

Erin- I've seen people at conference dressed that way. It was scary.

erinyourpclady said:
Hows about shorty shorts, a tube tup and lucite heels? JJ!!LOL!!
Honestly...I think you should wear something that makes you feel AWESOME! If black pants, heels and a blouse are it then go for it!!!

That was my 2nd choice. LOL
Imagine???

I just need to find the right blouse/top/sweater. *sigh*

chefann said:

Me too!
That's the sad part!! Lots of clothing horrors, unfortunately!!

chefann said:
Oh, Ann! No you haven't! :eek: :yuck: Inappropriate but not that get-up.:p

And for those asking what their wardrobe for conference should include:

Dress code for conference: Business casual with the emphasis on business casual.

We are there for a business conference. That means no shorts, no jeans, no "cleavage". Conservative, comfortable, nice clothes. You don't have to go out and buy all new clothes or wear your church clothes (unless you are walking) but wear something that shows that even though we have a casual type business we are professionals. We are intermingled with a lot of other groups at the McCormick Center who are at their professional conferences too.

...this reply was not meant as a "lecture" or anything - just an FYI.

Last edited:
There are no worries about following dress code for me. When I was a Human Resource Manager it was a suit and heels everyday!

So..just trying to decide on a blouse, short, sweater...I need to go shopping because everything I have is Wintery or casual. *sigh*

Well said Beth!
I had to chuckle when you mentioned cleavage....only because my 4yo daughter heard me say that word the other day, but she can't remember how to say it, so she says "your 'average' is showing". LOL

I tell myself every summer I'm not going to buy more clothes. But I do. I just don't regularly wear business casual clothing. So I forget what I already have or just don't want to wear the same thing year after year.

Luckily, the woman I saw in that completely inappropriate attire mentioned above wasn't walking. But she still looked completely out of place, until one looked at her clustermates, who were all dressed similarly. And let's just say that none of them had the figure to look real good in strapless tops and hot pants, either. :yuck:

chefann said:
Luckily, the woman I saw in that completely inappropriate attire mentioned above wasn't walking. But she still looked completely out of place, until one looked at her clustermates, who were all dressed similarly. And let's just say that none of them had the figure to look real good in strapless tops and hot pants, either. :yuck:
Well, I think someone from HO should have stopped them from getting on the shuttle and told them to put some clothes on!:rolleyes:

Susan,

I would wear a top that you feel pretty in with those black pants. Have your DH take a picture so you can see what you really look like in it - mirrors sometimes lie.

I totally agree, Beth!!Back to topic-- at Leadership, Colleen and I sat near eachother for the upper level promotions, and noticed a few people who were in the color for their new level. We thought that was a neat thing to do. So how about something red for your Director walk?

This comes from Chris Manion in her good morning report The SCOOP on NATIONAL CONFERENCE

Wardrobe is business attire. The “awards night” of previous years has evolved into special recognition segments at each general session. People being recognized on stage will be called up wearing whatever we put on that morning. Pack outfits with doing business in mind. You will be meeting many people in Chicago, some of whom may be looking for a job or a new Pampered Chef consultant. Make sure your first impression is a strong, positive one! Pack walking shoes. You’ll put on 1-2 miles of walking in McCormick Center each day, so plan accordingly.

Our banquet will be different this year! An entry exercise will match you with random table partners. ( Wave 1 )
Directors: If you need to have a “cluster meeting” or hand out “group awards”…please plan to do so before the Banquet. We are not having reserved seating this year (other than MARLENE BAUMAN who won a reserved table for this year’s conference from last year’s raffle).

Our theme is Vegas… for those who like to make it a fun night for themselves, feel free to dress the part. Personally, I’ve never been there and will probably just wear business attire.

Our raffle is back by popular demand. We have purchased a brand new Dell laptop Inspiron as our grand prize with 15.4 inch screen, 3 gig of memory, CD/DVD writer, 160 gig Hardrive with wireless card, 1 year in-home service, a 3 gig online backup and 6 months free Earthlink internet access. $1 per raffle/6 for $5. All other prizes will be cash awards.

Wow! I wish our Executive Banquet was fun. Ours is always more training. After a full day of workshops and stuff a fun party would be wonderful. Oh well. I still enjoy the banquet.

Doreen - if I send you some money will you buy me some raffle tickets? That is a sweet prize!

Back to the original question: Susan, I think we will probably be dressed very similar. I'm also planning to wear black or navy slacks with a spring sweater set and nice heels.

Ann, I think I saw the same hootchie mamas that you saw. Looked they were looking for a spring break crowd to me. Except for the fact that they were carrying a conference bag...

I want to come to your exec dinner! Can I buy a raffle ticket at least? :rolleyes:

At our exec dinner we always have done it business "dressy" or "casual" depending on each person's preference but this year we are going with the Dream theme of conference and we're wearing "business casual pajamas".

...that means no teddy's (there is usually at least 1 man present at the dinner and then there's the walk through the hotel).

Some of the clothing at the 2006 National, was a very poor reflection on the wholesome image of Pampered Chef that I had held in my mind. People do judge by appearances, so I believe it is important for us to always put our best image forward. Modesty is an important part of our image, so it sure ought to be with what we wear when we identify ourselves with PC.

hmmmmm,
Do they let us know which day we will walk?
I got a new outfit for the occassion and would hate to have to wear it all 3 days!!!
LOL
I got an awesome calf length skirt and a white tank with a white over shirt.
And my crocs :)
I have big honkin' tatoo's so short sleeves are out of the question!!
Someone please tell me if they let you know which day!!!
Thanks

Every year there is a stated dress code and EVERY year I am shocked by the outfits I see.

As far as an outfit to walk in...I agree you need to wear something that you feel good in. You will see everything from very casual capris to evening gowns. Definitely no sleeveless tops if you jiggle :eek: One year someone came out in a sleeveless top and pumped both arms over her head. Her arms were so muscular and "cut" the entire audience oooohed. It was funny! That is my goal...next time I walk I want to make the audience oooooh at me :D

Koolotus said:
hmmmmm,
Do they let us know which day we will walk?
I got a new outfit for the occassion and would hate to have to wear it all 3 days!!!
LOL
I got an awesome calf length skirt and a white tank with a white over shirt.
And my crocs :)
I have big honkin' tatoo's so short sleeves are out of the question!!
Someone please tell me if they let you know which day!!!
Thanks
Day 3 is New Director walk, in the General Session after that day's workshop. It's in the morning, but not first thing. If you have nice, but painful, shoes for walking stage, carry them with you in your tote bag and wear comfy ones for the first part of the day. :)

How come you know everything???
Awesome! Thank you so much!
You did not want me to wear the same outfit all three days!

Koolotus said:
How come you know everything???
Awesome! Thank you so much!
You did not want me to wear the same outfit all three days!
She read the agenda that they have on CC. Contrary to public opinion Ann is not clairvoyant! :p

BethCooks4U said:
She read the agenda that they have on CC.

An Agenda.....hmmm I will have to check into that!
Thanks;)

BethCooks4U said:
She read the agenda that they have on CC. Contrary to public opinion Ann is not clairvoyant! :p
Well, that and it'll be my 6th conference, 8th if you count Leaderships. :rolleyes:

SusanBP0129 said:
I am thinking black pants, heels, and as for a top...not sure...
Don't want "arm jiggle". LOL
I WORE A RED DRESS!!! I can pick myself out easily in the picture too! A lot of people wore black but if you want something to stand out wear a color that is you. RED is ME!!!

smspamperedchef said:
I WORE A RED DRESS!!! I can pick myself out easily in the picture too! A lot of people wore black but if you want something to stand out wear a color that is you. RED is ME!!!

Excellent point Sharon.
Thank you!

chefann said:

Ummm..I have seen some outfits I questioned at conference as well..........hmmm but then again I did wear a necklace last year that looked almost like a rope of coconuts!

This is the 2nd time Chris Manion gave a way a Lap top at dinner but the person needs to be there . Cause I woud love to buy you raffle tickets , Whish you could be there !!!!!

YipesLet's compare here. Coconut necklace, tube tops? Coconut necklace, hooker shorts? You won! I would rather see a, what you seem to think is an odd necklace than some women's butt cheeks just squeeking past the floor!
I remember seeing a few women last year that were dressed like, well, does the phrase "You wanna buy me mister?" ring a bell! I mean I am heavy and I don't have much taste or choice in clothes but to run around with your butt cheeks hanging to the backs of your knees and the "ladies" flying every where is just gross! I don't think having your belly button and 20% of your bare waist showing is really all that awsome either. Even if it is well toned!
I remember someone saying something to the jist that "you dress your IQ." when we saw them. Meaning, the IQs must be very low as the could not read or understand the Casual Business thing. What is worse than making the entire company look bad, it's the self humilation. NC! (No I don't mean Nation Conference. No Class!)

So, what are you really trying to say John?! LMAO, you are too funny! Love a guys perspective on fashion faux paus! LOL

I wore a red dress when I promoted last year. I guess I wore my color, but not on purpose!Anyone know when the TPC walk is? I need to figure out what to wear and have a workshop to present as well.....decisions, decisions....

smspamperedchef said:

I am so with you on red. When I do walk, looks like next year, I am wearing a red suit!!!! Have the suit, now just need the recruits and to keep weight at the right point!

DebbieJ said:
I wore a red dress when I promoted last year. I guess I wore my color, but not on purpose!

Anyone know when the TPC walk is? I need to figure out what to wear and have a workshop to present as well.....decisions, decisions....
Last year, they were broken up, but I don't remember what was in which general session. Maybe you can call the meetings dept and ask, since it'll be too late (in case it's Day 1) by the time you pick up your reg. packet.

smspamperedchef said:

Yeah this seems like the thing to do but as I read further, it seems many are wearing red...sorta defeats the purpose if EVERYONE is doing it...should we all just order the same outfit and we will really have a fun time finding ourselves in the pictures LOL ....I am so excited I can't stand it...
And HEY!!!! that was me you were all talking about, I really like looking like I belong under a red light...just kidding, but I did wonder what those gals would feel like if they were on here :) reading all the comments about the impression they made....but I bet they would not dress the same...or at least they could say they dressed for the "Vegas" theme :)
ANyway, this is my first conference and I am very excited!!

YOU MUST WEAR RED!!no, really! You will so stand out on stage it isn't even funny! Also, get toward the end of the line to walk as those are the people they put up front and you can see better in the picture.

Ann mentioned shoes...I wore my tennies as the NDB was in the Vista room and then I had to walk back to the Arie Crown Theater for the walk, so I did carry my pumps in my conference bag! It saved my already tired tootsies!

ok if you say so, I better go shopping now,,,I have an olive green with RED accents outfit but I guess that won't do the trick :)

Well, my husband already vetoed the idea of me getting a couple of different outfits. I have one that I just bought for a funeral. The main part of it is black with white polka dots then there is a yellow shawl thing over the top. I think the yellow should stand out. I know the black and white will probably blend in with the crowd. I do plan on being in last 15-20 to walk.

So...no Director red for me! OH well.

So...YOU are a cheffer and you will always stand out! As all of you will! It so nice to know such a group of (HC) High Class ladies.

And yeah Linda, that's how I feel. Plus you gotta understand that as I get older, I don't feel the need to hold back! So look out everyone! I speak my mind, or least what's left of it! Right, wrong or otherwise, if I think it, it shall come out!

Last edited:
May I just say one thing to everyone who walks? TAKE YOUR NAME BADGE OFF!!! You look like a doof when you wear it across the stage.

gigglegiggle, giggle, giggle! I haven't heard that word in ages. And thanks. They are rather tacky in the pictures too!

And they do look really bad when they're on the elastic straps and start bouncing uncontrollably. :)

DebbieJ said:
May I just say one thing to everyone who walks? TAKE YOUR NAME BADGE OFF!!! You look like a doof when you wear it across the stage.
Okay now this I totally agree with.

chefann said:
And they do look really bad when they're on the elastic straps and start bouncing uncontrollably. :)

Wait - are we talkin' abou tthe name tags or " the girls?"

Both! Or, more accurately, all 5: nametag, 2 "girls" and 2 chicken arms. :D Remember, quality foundation garments are a must when you're walking the stage!

LMAO!!!!
I guess I am off to get some...ahem...quality undergarments!
:)

Koolotus said:
LMAO!!!!
I guess I am off to get some...ahem...quality undergarments!
:)

Amen sistah!!!
Can I just say...it was SO cold in the hotel in DC...and here I was in my thin cotton t-shirts walking to breakfast with my DH and kids (with my arms folder tightly across my chest)...by day 3 I broke out the padded bra just for a little, um, shall we say...coverage!?!?!?

LOL!!!
Brrr, a bit n*pply???
LMAO

Koolotus said:
LOL!!!
Brrr, a bit n*pply???
LMAO

Why yes, I'd say it was!
They had this photographer filming everyone as we were arriving and being greeted and my kids were all "We're gonna be on TV Mom!" and my DH was lke "Sorry boys, but they won't be putting mommy in this year's video - LOL":rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:
Amen sistah!!!
Can I just say...it was SO cold in the hotel in DC...and here I was in my thin cotton t-shirts walking to breakfast with my DH and kids (with my arms folder tightly across my chest)...by day 3 I broke out the padded bra just for a little, um, shall we say...coverage!?!?!?
Exactly why I *always* wear slightly padded bras! The wind can blow the wrong way and I look like that! (Sorry if that's TMI for everyone!!)

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

<h2>1. What is the appropriate attire for walking as a new director at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>As a new director at Pampered Chef, it is important to dress in professional and polished attire. This typically includes black pants or a skirt, paired with a blouse or top in a neutral color such as white, cream, or navy. Heels are also recommended to complete the look.</p><h2>2. Are black pants and heels the only appropriate options for walking as a new director?</h2><p>No, while black pants and heels are a common and professional choice, you are welcome to wear other colors and styles that make you feel confident and comfortable. Just make sure to keep the overall look polished and put-together.</p><h2>3. What kind of top should I wear to avoid "arm jiggle" while walking as a new director?</h2><p>To avoid any self-consciousness about "arm jiggle," opt for tops with sleeves or that provide some coverage for your arms. You can also consider wearing a blazer or cardigan over your top for additional coverage and a professional touch.</p><h2>4. Can I wear jewelry or accessories while walking as a new director?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely wear jewelry and accessories to add some personality to your outfit. However, make sure to keep it minimal and tasteful. Avoid anything too flashy or distracting.</p><h2>5. Do I need to wear a specific brand or type of clothing for walking as a new director?</h2><p>No, Pampered Chef does not have any specific requirements for brand or type of clothing for directors. As long as your attire is professional and appropriate, you are free to wear any brand or style that you prefer.</p>

1. What is the appropriate attire for walking as a new director at Pampered Chef?

As a new director at Pampered Chef, it is important to dress in professional and polished attire. This typically includes black pants or a skirt, paired with a blouse or top in a neutral color such as white, cream, or navy. Heels are also recommended to complete the look.

2. Are black pants and heels the only appropriate options for walking as a new director?

No, while black pants and heels are a common and professional choice, you are welcome to wear other colors and styles that make you feel confident and comfortable. Just make sure to keep the overall look polished and put-together.

3. What kind of top should I wear to avoid "arm jiggle" while walking as a new director?

To avoid any self-consciousness about "arm jiggle," opt for tops with sleeves or that provide some coverage for your arms. You can also consider wearing a blazer or cardigan over your top for additional coverage and a professional touch.

4. Can I wear jewelry or accessories while walking as a new director?

Yes, you can definitely wear jewelry and accessories to add some personality to your outfit. However, make sure to keep it minimal and tasteful. Avoid anything too flashy or distracting.

5. Do I need to wear a specific brand or type of clothing for walking as a new director?

No, Pampered Chef does not have any specific requirements for brand or type of clothing for directors. As long as your attire is professional and appropriate, you are free to wear any brand or style that you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KimberleePowell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies