• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! What to Wear for New Year's?

very nice...clothes. We live in a very small city with only about 3 places to shop at for "nice" clothes. All the dresses are bright colors or little shards of fabric. My girlfriend that is going with us is of course a size 4 and could wear anything!Does anybody think that wearing a black skirt, black jacket and black sparkly cami would be alright to wear as semi-formal?I think that sounds wonderful...pair it with black hose and black shoes, and you should be good to go! :)
rennea
Gold Member
I am so in a bind!! My friend gave us tickets to go out for New Year's Eve. The invite says Semiformal black and white! I have NOTHING to wear:( :(

Since I lost weight I have gotten rid of old clothes and haven't had the need to buy any real fancy things. We live in a very small city with only about 3 places to shop at for "nice" clothes. All the dresses are bright colors or little shards of fabric. My girlfriend that is going with us is of course a size 4 and could wear anything!

Does anybody think that wearing a black skirt, black jacket and black sparkly cami would be alright to wear as semi-formal? HELP!

I think that sounds wonderful...pair it with black hose and black shoes, and you should be good to go! :)

DH and I have a (clothing optional) Star Wars DVD marathon every New Years Eve...so I don't have to worry about little black dresses. LOL-

Enjoy the night out. Oh, one thing I learned from going to several black tie military events...there will always be people who are over dressed and under dressed and as long as you fall in between, you will be fine! Your outfit sounds like it will be very nice- and the sparkly cami sounds pretty!

Kitchen Diva said:
I think that sounds wonderful...pair it with black hose and black shoes, and you should be good to go! :)

DH and I have a (clothing optional) Star Wars DVD marathon every New Years Eve...so I don't have to worry about little black dresses. LOL-

Enjoy the night out. Oh, one thing I learned from going to several black tie military events...there will always be people who are over dressed and under dressed and as long as you fall in between, you will be fine! Your outfit sounds like it will be very nice- and the sparkly cami sounds pretty!
KG will have a field day with that.:eek:

DH and I are in a car club that has a Halloween party each year. It's billed as "costumes optional." In 2005, one member brought his sister, who came "dressed" as a statue. She was only clothed from the waist down. Her top half was covered in silver paint. From then on, the party was billed as "costumes optional, clothing required." :)

BethCooks4U said:
KG will have a field day with that.:eek:
I'm leaving that one completely alone. I'm in enough trouble around here lately.

;)

Although, it does sound like my kind of party.

You're right. I just can't let it go.

chefann said:
DH and I are in a car club that has a Halloween party each year. It's billed as "costumes optional." In 2005, one member brought his sister, who came "dressed" as a statue. She was only clothed from the waist down. Her top half was covered in silver paint. From then on, the party was billed as "costumes optional, clothing required." :)
What she needed was some strategically placed pigeons.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What she needed was some strategically placed pigeons.

KG, this really made me laugh out loud...enjoy your sense of humor.

To stay on topic, the original poster's outfit sounds fine. Add black hose and shoes. Can you ask the person who gave you the tickets for more wardrobe guidance?

CookingwithMary said:
To stay on topic, the original poster's outfit sounds fine. Add black hose and shoes. Can you ask the person who gave you the tickets for more wardrobe guidance?

I did, she didn't realize that it was semiformal or even what that meant:eek:

Oh Ann and KG trust you two:eek: :)

I can't believe that somebody would come to a party Topless or that a brother would take his sister to a party topless:eek:

The scary part? She didn't really have a "classical sculpture" figure. It was more Reubenesque - a little fleshy. Very scary. :eek:

chefann said:

Who brings their half nude sister to a party? That's freaky!:yuck:

rennea said:
I did, she didn't realize that it was semiformal or even what that meant:eek:

Semiformal is pretty much what you are wearing...black and sparkly with legs showing! :)

chefann said:
The scary part? She didn't really have a "classical sculpture" figure. It was more Reubenesque - a little fleshy.

Very scary. :eek:

Eeeeewwwwww

rennea said:
I am so in a bind!! My friend gave us tickets to go out for New Year's Eve. The invite says Semiformal black and white! I have NOTHING to wear:( :(

Since I lost weight I have gotten rid of old clothes and haven't had the need to buy any real fancy things. We live in a very small city with only about 3 places to shop at for "nice" clothes. All the dresses are bright colors or little shards of fabric. My girlfriend that is going with us is of course a size 4 and could wear anything!

Does anybody think that wearing a black skirt, black jacket and black sparkly cami would be alright to wear as semi-formal? HELP!

Sounds like you do have something to wear after all. Don't worry about the clothes.. go and have a good time!

I recently went to a dance a group I belong to puts on... it's formal but we don't make a fuss... so long as folks aren't in torn jeans we're fine with it. We have folks wearing formal kilts to suits.. gals that wear gowns fit for a gala to homemade frocks... when folks are having fun and a good time, clothes just end up not mattering.

Now if it said Black Tie you'd really want to make sure it's more gownish... but what you have sounds just fine for semi-formal. Heck... isn't that half way to casual anyway? LOL..

lkprescott said:
Sounds like you do have something to wear after all. Don't worry about the clothes.. go and have a good time!

I recently went to a dance a group I belong to puts on... it's formal but we don't make a fuss... so long as folks aren't in torn jeans we're fine with it. We have folks wearing formal kilts to suits.. gals that wear gowns fit for a gala to homemade frocks... when folks are having fun and a good time, clothes just end up not mattering.

Now if it said Black Tie you'd really want to make sure it's more gownish... but what you have sounds just fine for semi-formal. Heck... isn't that half way to casual anyway? LOL..

I'm hoping that it's ok. I just thought it was kind of dump that they want you to wear black and white. Seems stupid to me but heck what do I know.

Wear some shiny jewlery too! It doesn't have to be real just "sparkly"! LOL

1. What is the dress code for New Year's Eve?

The dress code for New Year's Eve varies depending on the location and type of event you will be attending. For a formal event, opt for a cocktail dress or a suit and tie. For a more casual gathering, a dressy top paired with dress pants or a skirt is appropriate. If you're unsure, it's always better to err on the side of being slightly overdressed.

2. Can I wear jeans to a New Year's party?

Jeans can be appropriate for a more casual New Year's party, but make sure they are dressed up with a nice blouse or blazer. Avoid wearing ripped or overly casual jeans, and opt for a dark wash with minimal distressing.

3. What colors are best for New Year's Eve?

New Year's Eve is a great time to embrace bold, festive colors like red, gold, and silver. You can also never go wrong with classic black. If you want to stand out, try a fun and vibrant color like emerald green or cobalt blue.

4. Are sequins appropriate for New Year's Eve?

Sequins are a fun and festive choice for New Year's Eve. You can incorporate them into your outfit in various ways, such as a sequin top, dress, or accessories. Just be sure not to go overboard and keep the rest of your outfit more understated.

5. What kind of shoes should I wear for New Year's Eve?

For a formal event, opt for high heels or dressy flats. For a more casual gathering, you can wear dressy sandals or boots. Comfort is key, so make sure to choose shoes that you can comfortably stand and dance in for a few hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
annew
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies