• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Attire Dilemma: What to Wear for Work Events and Conferences

P
Pampered Laura
:eek: Okay I'm in freak-out mode...
My director (and our upline) is very conservative. I don't really have "business" attire. I have skirts that come right to my knees (usually with a little flare at the knees) but I usually wear high heel tall boots with them. I am just soooo not a "heels" person. Not that I dont look cute in them :D I just dont like wearing things that could make me clumsier than I already am :eek:. So do you think this outfit sounds okay for "the breakfast" and "the walk" and "the seat in the box with my NED"? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black 3/4 length sleeve sweater with silver sparkly threads in it
black knee length "flirty" style skirt (like this one:
007A5305000

sheer black panty hose
black tall boots
fantastic silver jewelry

If boots are completely out of the question I guess I'll go buy a pair of pumps... but you guys will need to pray for me as I make my way across stage that I dont fall flat on my face while they have a close-up on me!!

Okay and then for Day 2 I was thinking nice tan slacks with a white and tan v-neck knit sweater (it has a hood but it's so comfy for workshops all day!) & brown shoe-boots (you know the kind that you wear with boot cut jeans) or loafers....I was going to wear a cranberry colored sweater, but with khaki pants I dont wanna look like a Target employee. LOL :rolleyes:

Ugh! Help! :eek:

Laura - I think it is perfect! Go with what you feel comfortable in! You want to worry about walking without falling, not if your wardrobe is okay. The skirt is cute!I'm wearing a black skirt about 3/4 length with one of two tops - both sparkly. Haven't figured out the shoes yet, but I might have to splurge for some wedge boots - I want sure fitting!

Pampered Laura said:
:eek: Okay I'm in freak-out mode...
My director (and our upline) is very conservative. I don't really have "business" attire. I have skirts that come right to my knees (usually with a little flare at the knees) but I usually wear high heel tall boots with them. I am just soooo not a "heels" person. Not that I dont look cute in them :D I just dont like wearing things that could make me clumsier than I already am :eek:. So do you think this outfit sounds okay for "the breakfast" and "the walk" and "the seat in the box with my NED"? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black 3/4 length sleeve sweater with silver sparkly threads in it
black knee length "flirty" style skirt (like this one:
007A5305000

sheer black panty hose
black tall boots
fantastic silver jewelry

If boots are completely out of the question I guess I'll go buy a pair of pumps... but you guys will need to pray for me as I make my way across stage that I dont fall flat on my face while they have a close-up on me!!

Okay and then for Day 2 I was thinking nice tan slacks with a white and tan v-neck knit sweater (it has a hood but it's so comfy for workshops all day!) & brown shoe-boots (you know the kind that you wear with boot cut jeans) or loafers....I was going to wear a cranberry colored sweater, but with khaki pants I dont wanna look like a Target employee. LOL :rolleyes:

Ugh! Help! :eek:

I thin kit all sounds appropriate and nice :)

PS - don't worry about how you make it across stage - I saw a gal do a cartwheel last year!

Laura,

The skirt is so cute and the outfit sounds great! I think boots are perfect for this time of the year!

Lisa

dannyzmom said:
PS - don't worry about how you make it across stage - I saw a gal do a cartwheel last year!
Dude. I so would if I didnt think my Director would have my head on a platter. LOL!!! Maybe I should... just to torment her. ahahah! She loves me. :D

Sounds great! Now I'll know who to cheer for. :)

HAHAHAHA, Carolyn what could I actually do where you would put your head in a platter? Bahahahahaha I don't think I could embarrass you...LOL You're as CRAZY as ME!!!!!!!
Soooo Happy I met you!!! LOL

I swear half the fun of being in my Director's cluster is teasing her. I love her to death. She is just so much fun and SUCH a good Director. She is just too funny at how conservative she is ("no jeans!" :D)
A fellow Director/good friend of mine and I love to harass our Director at our meetings... it keeps everyone rolling. LOL :D

Is it ok o wear winter type caris pants that are dressy? I jus tbought a pair last ngiht and they are sconfy and cute! Ihave los t23 lbs to Christmas day so prbably mor esince and I am so excited to be able to wear such smaller clothes!

pcgogetter said:
Is it ok o wear winter type caris pants that are dressy? I jus tbought a pair last ngiht and they are sconfy and cute! Ihave los t23 lbs to Christmas day so prbably mor esince and I am so excited to be able to wear such smaller clothes!

Wow! 23 lbs? You go girl! I have lost thousands over the years, LOL, but of course have never KEPT them off for long....you are an inspiration!

just because your director is conservative doesn't mean you have to be.....promting and walking is a celebration of YOU.....it doesn't require you to be a clone of her. I have seen all kinds of attire walking across stage at the conferences I've been to.

Just be you.....and celebrate!

Melinda:)

1. What is considered appropriate business attire for work events and conferences?

Business attire for work events and conferences usually consists of professional and conservative clothing such as suits, dress pants or skirts, and button-down shirts. It is important to avoid anything too casual or revealing, and to stick to neutral colors and classic styles.

2. Can I wear knee-length skirts with boots for work events and conferences?

While knee-length skirts are generally acceptable for business events, pairing them with boots may not be appropriate. It is best to opt for closed-toe shoes like pumps or loafers instead. If you are uncomfortable in heels, consider wearing dressy flats.

3. How can I add some personality to my business attire without breaking dress code?

You can add a touch of personality to your business attire through accessories such as statement jewelry or a colorful scarf. Just be sure to keep it tasteful and in line with the overall professional look.

4. Is it okay to wear a sweater to a business event or conference?

Sweaters can be appropriate for business events, as long as they are not too casual or revealing. Opt for a classic style in a neutral color and pair it with dress pants or a skirt for a polished look.

5. What should I do if I don't have appropriate business attire for a work event or conference?

If you do not have appropriate business attire, it may be worth investing in a few key pieces. Look for classic items like a tailored blazer, dress pants, and a neutral-colored dress. You can also try borrowing from a friend or renting clothing for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
merego
  • jdavis
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies