• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ladies... I Need Girly Help! *Asap*

P
Pampered Laura
:eek: I leave tomorrow at 4am for Chicago.
So I'm in the middle of packing and I realize...
I have NO clue which color pantyhose to wear with my dress!

Okay. The STYLE is like this:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/divamommie/dress.jpg

But the COLOR.. is all black and white. The fabric on mine is a silky/satin dressy bottom, with a stretchy soft material for the empire waist top.
I had it altered so that the front of the dress hits right above my knees, and the back of the dress kind of goes down in to a "U" that ends right under my knees. So it's flirty but dressy with the "train" kind of thingie.

So... do I wear black sheer pantyhose and black high heel pumps?
Or "nude" pantyhose with black high heel pumps?

Help!! :eek:

NUDE!

(or no panty hose if you have a bit of a tan...but I think you may be paler than I am!! :eek: :eek: :p )

I have never liked how black panty hose make our legs look!

I'd do tan or nude. Black would be overpowering, I think with that short a hem.

You could always take one of each and decide while you are getting dressed. That is REALLY what I'd do :rolleyes:

Pampered Laura said:
:eek: I leave tomorrow at 4am for Chicago.
So I'm in the middle of packing and I realize...
I have NO clue which color pantyhose to wear with my dress!

Okay. The STYLE is like this:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/divamommie/dress.jpg

But the COLOR.. is all black and white. The fabric on mine is a silky/satin dressy bottom, with a stretchy soft material for the empire waist top.
I had it altered so that the front of the dress hits right above my knees, and the back of the dress kind of goes down in to a "U" that ends right under my knees. So it's flirty but dressy with the "train" kind of thingie.

So... do I wear black sheer pantyhose and black high heel pumps?
Or "nude" pantyhose with black high heel pumps?

Help!! :eek:

I vote for as sheer as possible! Keep the legs looking bare and sexy!:D

If it were me, I would weare some black, strappy sandals and no hose.

But given the choices, I would wear the nude hose. Black might make it look too "hot".

OMG I did forget to add that I am a redhead, so being "tan-challenged" is a concern, yes. LOL :p

Nude. ;)Trust me on this. I know about these things.

Okay so I can wear nude/tan pantyhose with black high heel pumps?
I don't have "dressy" black high heel strappy sandals... I guess I could go run and buy some at Target if I have to.

See. This is why I wear BOOTS with my dresses :p Walking on stage @ Leadership, I had a dressy knee-length black flirty skirt on with high heel black knee high boots. LOL
That was comfy & easy! :D

What they said! If you ned to wear the hose then go nude (not the kind that make you look pale though) or tan. I'd say no to the hose if possible.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nude. ;)

Trust me on this. I know about these things.

I would tend to believe you......seriously! My DH never steers me wrong w/ issues like this!

pamperedlinda said:
What they said! If you ned to wear the hose then go nude (not the kind that make you look pale though) or tan. I'd say no to the hose if possible.

Yeah... you really don't wanna see my legs with those LIGHTS on them. :eek: :eek:

Pampered Laura said:
Okay so I can wear nude/tan pantyhose with black high heel pumps?
I don't have "dressy" black high heel strappy sandals... I guess I could go run and buy some at Target if I have to.

See. This is why I wear BOOTS with my dresses :p Walking on stage @ Leadership, I had a dressy knee-length black flirty skirt on with high heel black knee high boots. LOL
That was comfy & easy! :D

What size shoes do you wear, Laura?

GASP - I cant wear strappy sandals with pantyhose. That is seriously against every fiber of my being. So it's pumps or barefoot. :D

I am also wearing this dress to the Howl at the Moon piano bar... but I will be wearing it with my knee high black high heel boots. LOL ;)

MomToEli said:
What size shoes do you wear, Laura?
7.5 :D

....dang character count minimum! :mad:

Oh my gosh! I haven't worn pantyhose for years and years. Yuck!

I WAS kind of excited, too. This is my first ever pair of pumps.
That is, I was excited until this whole outfit started causing me such angst on the night before I leave!! LOL ;)

Pampered Laura said:
OMG I did forget to add that I am a redhead, so being "tan-challenged" is a concern, yes. LOL :p
I remembered seeing your pics from Atlantis and knew you had beautiful auburn hair, so I figured you didn't tan well....

I use a GREAT sunless tanner from BBB:
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Instant self-tanning mousse.

It goes on very dark (so you can see where you have applied it) but goes away as you rub it in. It actually DRIES so it doesn't come off on my clothes and bed, and develops into a very natural looking tan. Since I am so light in coloring, I can only use it for about 2-3 days in a row, then I need to take off a couple of days, put it on for one, take of a couple days and so on.

Speaking of which, I need to get it back on so it looks really good for NC! Starting from scratch, I think it looks the best after the second application. (You can do two apps in one day if need be...one in the morning and one at night...)

Sorry, end of hi-jack!

Pampered Laura said:
7.5 :D

....dang character count minimum! :mad:

I have some strappy black high heeled sandals I'll throw in my bag that you can use if you want. The are 8-1/2 but they run SMALL ... In fact, if they fit and you like 'em you can have 'em ...

KellyTheChef said:
I remembered seeing your pics from Atlantis and knew you had beautiful auburn hair, so I figured you didn't tan well....

I use a GREAT sunless tanner from BBB:
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Instant self-tanning mousse.

It goes on very dark (so you can see where you have applied it) but goes away as you rub it in. It actually DRIES so it doesn't come off on my clothes and bed, and develops into a very natural looking tan. Since I am so light in coloring, I can only use it for about 2-3 days in a row, then I need to take off a couple of days, put it on for one, take of a couple days and so on.

Speaking of which, I need to get it back on so it looks really good for NC! Starting from scratch, I think it looks the best after the second application. (You can do two apps in one day if need be...one in the morning and one at night...)

Sorry, end of hi-jack!

Awee you're sweet, thanks for the compliment! ;)
I may have to try that, but definately not right before /during conference... LOL! Every other self-tanner/bronzer out there that I've tried turns me orange and streaky. :eek: I think I'm doomed to be forever pasty & freckley :D

MomToEli said:
I have some strappy black high heeled sandals I'll throw in my bag that you can use if you want. The are 8-1/2 but they run SMALL ... In fact, if they fit and you like 'em you can have 'em ...

You're sooo sweet! Do you think sandals and no pantyhose is stage-worthy? I wouldn't want to get boo'd or hear those dreaded *crickets* chirping when I get called.. ! :eek: :D

ETA: Oh! Just thinking about no pantyhose and my glaring white legs on stage freaks me the heck out. Can't do it. LOL

So.....
Ladies (and KG ;)) Can I wear nude pantyhose with black pumps??

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura... who cares what they think?

You can wear sandals and no hose. I wouldn't wear hose with sandals. Wear the pumps with the nude... you will look great!

Pampered Laura said:
Awee you're sweet, thanks for the compliment! ;)
I may have to try that, but definately not right before /during conference... LOL! Every other self-tanner/bronzer out there that I've tried turns me orange and streaky. :eek: I think I'm doomed to be forever pasty & freckley :D
Yea, but you will still have way better looking skin when you are older!

Less wrinkles than the rest of us!

One of my best friends growing up had your hair and skin coloring. I was always envious of how smooth her skin was and how pretty makeup looked on her!

Humph...we always want what we don't have!:p

BTW, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't try out the tanner right at conference either! I also usually only use it on my legs- seems like my arms get a little tan on their own, and it's my pasty-white-Ohio legs that really need the extra color!;)

Pampered Laura said:
You're sooo sweet! Do you think sandals and no pantyhose is stage-worthy? I wouldn't want to get boo'd or hear those dreaded *crickets* chirping when I get called.. ! :eek: :D

ETA: Oh! Just thinking about no pantyhose and my glaring white legs on stage freaks me the heck out. Can't do it. LOL

So.....
Ladies (and KG ;)) Can I wear nude pantyhose with black pumps??
Wear the stockings and the shoes. Trust me. I may be one of the only men in the audience but I'll notice.

AJPratt said:

You can wear sandals and no hose. I wouldn't wear hose with sandals. Wear the pumps with the nude... you will look great!

Phew! I have nude pantyhose! WOOT! :eek: :D

and... since I can hijack my own thread ...
ANNE :eek: I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!! You are gorgeous, baby!

AJPratt said:

Ann~

Your hair looks adorable! Did you just get it cut?

Pampered Laura said:
and... since I can hijack my own thread ...
:rolleyes: I'm losing my job in every thread lately.

Pantyhose????
Yikes!
I don't own any.
Haven't worn em in as long as I can remember.
I am a nekkid legs kinda gal...I think it's a Florida thing.

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wear the stockings and the shoes. Trust me. I may be one of the only men in the audience but I'll notice.

The nude pantyhose with the black high heel pumps? Pheeeew.

The dress looks cuter with my boots, IMO... I'll save that for the piano bar. ;)

dannyzmom said:
Pantyhose????
Yikes!
I don't own any.
Haven't worn em in as long as I can remember.
I am a nekkid ;egs kinda gal...I think it's a Florida thing.

Me either, which is why I'm having a crisis. LOL
I am from Texas, so boots and dresses / denim and diamonds are the way to go. ;)

dannyzmom said:
Pantyhose????
Yikes!
I don't own any.
Really?

Even I do.

Oh stop it. I wear them to keep warm when I'm skiing.

Please say you're talking about longjohns... please? LOL ;)

THANK YOU GUYS, SO MUCH!!! I had it cut a few weeks ago. I pretty much let my stylist do whatever she wants, and this is what she did. I like it and its VERY easy to do--just my style! LOL

I figured I should post a new pic so people can see my new do. People tell me I look so different, I figured I better post it.

I wear sandals and sheer to the toe hose. I don't like bear feet in dress shoes for myself anyway.

Do what makes you comfy. YOUR the one walking on stage :D Just let me know if you want me to throw in the sandals.

I think I'm gonna take the black pumps and nude pantyhose route. Male species approval usually wins out. ;)

Thanks so much for offering Sandy, I really do appreciate it! :eek:

Laura~

Personally, I think you should wear the boots that you feel most like yourself in... What makes you not want to wear them?

I just think that with all the "dress code" crap, and especially on stage, that they'd give me funny looks. I was the only person wearing high heel boots on stage @ Leadership. LOL ;)

MomToEli said:
I wear sandals and sheer to the toe hose. I don't like bear feet in dress shoes for myself anyway.
Me too!

Well, I can understand how you feel...but I think your dress and black boots would look very cute. Especially knowing where you are from, and that's more like "you."

That being said, I would probably be going the route you are going right now too, or else I would feel self conscious.

:D Think Doris and Marla will understand that it's just "me"? Heehee! I am packing them, so I may change my mind and just go for it. What're they gonna do, fire me? ;)

not to mention I don't know how to walk in high heel pumps... LOL never owned a pair before. Those little heels are SKINNY! :eek:

Just make sure as you walk across the stage in your boots you yell a big Hi Y'all!!

LMAO :rolleyes:

Thats why they don't give us microphones as we walk. LOL ;)

Pampered Laura said:
Thats why they don't give us microphones as we walk. LOL ;)
If y'all's from Texas, y'all doesn't need a microphone.

I would go with nude...

I am scared now I plan to attend conference next year am I going to have to wear hose and heels?:eek:

Anne Love the new look!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Pampered Laura said:
not to mention I don't know how to walk in high heel pumps... LOL never owned a pair before. Those little heels are SKINNY! :eek:
A scene from Miss Congeniality comes to mind.

BTW: You and Doris -----> http://smileydatabase.com/s/428.gif

Laura,

If you've never wore heels before, you'd better practice! They can be killers!

Well my boots have a 3" heel... but they're a thicker heel. LOL Mrs Congeniality comes to my mind too. I swear to you, if my shoes fall off or if I trip, I'm gonna toss them in to the crowd and go barefoot. ;)

Pampered Laura said:
Well my boots have a 3" heel... but they're a thicker heel. LOL Mrs Congeniality comes to my mind too. I swear to you, if my shoes fall off or if I trip, I'm gonna toss them in to the crowd and go barefoot. ;)
And people would stand and applaud. Seriously.

Laura, I wish I was in Wave 1 walking with you, we could hold each other up walking in our heels!! My biggest fear of walking at conference is falling on my face or my a$$!!! It wouldn't be the first time....shoes are an issue for me right now...trying to figure it out before I leave Wednesday.

Good luck!

<h2>1. What color pantyhose should I wear with my black and white dress?</h2><p>For a classic and elegant look, black sheer pantyhose would be the best choice. However, if you want a more subtle and understated look, nude pantyhose would also work well with the black and white color scheme.</p><h2>2. What type of material should the pantyhose be?</h2><p>I would recommend opting for a sheer or semi-sheer material, such as nylon or silk, to complement the dress's silky and dressy bottom.</p><h2>3. Should I wear high heel pumps with the dress?</h2><p>Yes, high heel pumps would be the perfect choice to complete the look and add a touch of sophistication.</p><h2>4. Is it necessary to match the color of the pantyhose to the shoes?</h2><p>No, it is not necessary to match the color of the pantyhose to the shoes. You can mix and match different colors to add some interest to your outfit.</p><h2>5. Are pantyhose appropriate for the occasion?</h2><p>Pantyhose are always a safe and classy choice for formal events like a trip to Chicago. However, if you feel more comfortable without them, you can opt for bare legs as well.</p>

1. What color pantyhose should I wear with my black and white dress?

For a classic and elegant look, black sheer pantyhose would be the best choice. However, if you want a more subtle and understated look, nude pantyhose would also work well with the black and white color scheme.

2. What type of material should the pantyhose be?

I would recommend opting for a sheer or semi-sheer material, such as nylon or silk, to complement the dress's silky and dressy bottom.

3. Should I wear high heel pumps with the dress?

Yes, high heel pumps would be the perfect choice to complete the look and add a touch of sophistication.

4. Is it necessary to match the color of the pantyhose to the shoes?

No, it is not necessary to match the color of the pantyhose to the shoes. You can mix and match different colors to add some interest to your outfit.

5. Are pantyhose appropriate for the occasion?

Pantyhose are always a safe and classy choice for formal events like a trip to Chicago. However, if you feel more comfortable without them, you can opt for bare legs as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
melindag
Back