• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for WAVE 3 Conference: Outfit Dilemmas, Bag Concerns, and More!

In summary, the meet and great again and times are not mentioned in the conversation. The meet and great again and times may be found on a cell phone list or group list. The clothes mentioned in the conversation are shallow. The PC tote does not hold what is needed to carry through out the day. The shoes mentioned in the conversation are comfy and can be worn with jean capris and dresses/skirts.
merego
Ok, I know there are alot of posts out there, but I am getting down to the wire and can't find what I need.

Where is the meet and great again and times? Can I bring my cousin who lives in Chicago and wants to see me to a meet and great? He is single and cute!!

I did print the cell phone list and group list ( i just need to find it)

there are several posts about clothes. I am shallow, I know..... but I am having a shoe dilema. I really don't have comfy shoes other than flip flops. I have stilettos ( b/c I am the short one) or cuter heels that are cute and sassy but not feet friendly. With a cute outfit, is anyone going to notice a nice comfy pair of flip flops on your feet?? I also have this cute suit I got at Victoria Secrets and it is longer shorts ( to my knees) I know they said no shorts, but was that NO SHORTS AT ALL ( I can hear what some of you are thinking right now~ ha ha) or no daisy dukes and short shorts?? Alot of the outfits are the suits with the shorts and people are wearing those to work. Should I avoid any conflict by wearing that and just wear capris and nice tops and sweaters/jackets?? I have 10 outsits picked out and only 3 days in Chicago and I can't seem to narrow it down.

Does the PC tote hold what we will need to carry through out the day or do I need a bigger bag? Do you suggest carrying a purse or just putting your wallet and cellphone in your tote?

I am so confused, I don't want to not have what I need and be ill prepared but I don't want to drag too much. The shoes is really my biggest concern. I don't want people saying oooh, merego71 wore flip flops or that merego wore stilletos all through conference what a moronica dimwitz!!

Thanks all :) can't wait to meet all you WAVE 3 Cheffers!!!!

I wore cute flip flop sandals every day (or maybe you would call them a thong sandal?) - that was all I brought....and I would say about 50% of what I saw were flip flops.....
Here is a picture of the ones I wore:
http://minnetonka-by-internet.com/product_info.php?action=view_prod&product_id=322

And I think your shorts suit will be just fine. Gheesh, I saw a director walking around all during day 2 in a pair of camoflage shorts and a t-shirt.
There was an upper-level director who walked as a New Senior Director, and she had on a very classy melon colored short suit (long shorts) and a little kitten heel. She looked so nice - everyone was commenting on her outfit, and how nice she looked. She was much dressier looking than a lot of people who walked that day.

I also saw a consultant who wore a short short skirt(sure hope she didn't have to bend over for anything!) and very tall platform heels at least 2 of the 3 days....that looked so inappropriate for just about any public appearance.:eek:

You are too funny- If you are shallow, you can't be Moronica Dimwitz...

I wish I could help- but I feel that you should not need more than 7 outfits, two for each day and an extra just in case...and your PJ's... narrow down to 3 pairs of shoes, one being COMFY for after hours... My shoes are simple- I own two pair of black and two pair of brown/camel/tan/caramel- two with a SHORT heel and two are slides...makes it really easy- they look great with jean capri's and dresses/skirts! :)

I don't wear heals because of my bad feet, and I'd be tempted to pull it off and whack someone square inbetween the eyes with the stilletto for being a twit...;) Kidding... I don't wear heals because of an old Air Force injury. LOL

People we wearing shorts like you described.

I already messaged you, but I wore sneakers the entire time.

I am wearing khaki capris and nice shirts every day. I also have a pair of comfy Teeva (nice ones, not water ones) that I plan on wearing a couple days. They are very feet friendly and cute in my opinion.

wadesgirl said:
I am wearing khaki capris and nice shirts every day. I also have a pair of comfy Teeva (nice ones, not water ones) that I plan on wearing a couple days. They are very feet friendly and cute in my opinion.

I have a pair of black teva flip flops and brown ones, very simple and they are so comfy, I was going to bring those and probably wear them or change into them as I did more walking. I have 137 pair oh shoes in my closet and DD has 26 and she is 2, I am a shoe freak!! I love shoes!!

Kitchen Diva said:
You are too funny- If you are shallow, you can't be Moronica Dimwitz...

I wish I could help- but I feel that you should not need more than 7 outfits, two for each day and an extra just in case...and your PJ's... narrow down to 3 pairs of shoes, one being COMFY for after hours... My shoes are simple- I own two pair of black and two pair of brown/camel/tan/caramel- two with a SHORT heel and two are slides...makes it really easy- they look great with jean capri's and dresses/skirts! :)

I don't wear heals because of my bad feet, and I'd be tempted to pull it off and whack someone square inbetween the eyes with the stilletto for being a twit...;) Kidding... I don't wear heals because of an old Air Force injury. LOL

I'll be Shallow Sherri then :) you'll fall over when you see how many pair of shoes I have, just told wadesgirl. I have been tempted to hit a person or two with my stilettos, the short one can be fiesty if provocted!

Meet and Greets for Wave 3 are at Kitty O'Shea's in the Chicago Hilton. Feel free to bring a friend. If we don't scare them off, maybe you'll get a recruit. :)Wednesday at 7 pm
Thursday at 8:30 pmBoth nights until people give up and go to bed. (separately, I guess I should clarify <wink, wink>)Optional: bring a wrapped $5 item or 4x6 picture frame for a gift exchange.

ChefBeckyD said:
I wore cute flip flop sandals every day (or maybe you would call them a thong sandal?) - that was all I brought....and I would say about 50% of what I saw were flip flops.....
Here is a picture of the ones I wore:
http://minnetonka-by-internet.com/product_info.php?action=view_prod&product_id=322

And I think your shorts suit will be just fine. Gheesh, I saw a director walking around all during day 2 in a pair of camoflage shorts and a t-shirt.
There was an upper-level director who walked as a New Senior Director, and she had on a very classy melon colored short suit (long shorts) and a little kitten heel. She looked so nice - everyone was commenting on her outfit, and how nice she looked. She was much dressier looking than a lot of people who walked that day.

I also saw a consultant who wore a short short skirt(sure hope she didn't have to bend over for anything!) and very tall platform heels at least 2 of the 3 days....that looked so inappropriate for just about any public appearance.:eek:

I have a cute black suit with longer shorts that I wear kitten heels with and a pair of longer white shorts with a pretty light blue twinset that is very cute.
The white shorts has a suit jacket that goes with it but I feel too "staying alive" in an all white suit. I have splashed it up with a colored scarf or fun funky jewlery. I am too shirt to wear a short short, I look like a little girl playing dress up. I am barely 5 foot.

chefann said:
Meet and Greets for Wave 3 are at Kitty O'Shea's in the Chicago Hilton. Feel free to bring a friend. If we don't scare them off, maybe you'll get a recruit. :)

Wednesday at 7 pm
Thursday at 8:30 pm

Both nights until people give up and go to bed. (separately, I guess I should clarify <wink, wink>)

Optional: bring a wrapped $5 item or 4x6 picture frame for a gift exchange.

Thanks Ann, since we are rolling in after 10pm on wednesday so I wont see you. Wish we were at the Hilton then I would have been there. Next year Katie and I are rooming together, we already decided and we are going up early together!! woo-hoo!! I don't think cuz Alex will recruit but maybe he knows some people we can. He was excited when I said there was a conference in town and wanted to know if there were any ,cute single PC gals he could meet. I told him to scope out McCormick center so if anyone in Wave 1 or 2 have seen a cute tall gut learing around that might ahve been him~ ha ha :)

I have a clustermate who's single and looking. She's really smart (MBA) and funny. We joke that she should offer referral credit at PC shows for guests who introduce her to eligible men. :)

OMG 137 PAIRS OF SHOES !!!!! sorry for caps but wow I have hardly any shows but tons of purses. LoL

137 pairs of shoes? Oh MYLANTA woman!!! That's terrible! you shoud meet my little sister and my niece- combined they have more shoes than I've owned in my lifetime...now make-up and kitchen tools is another story. (wink)

merego said:
I have a cute black suit with longer shorts that I wear kitten heels with and a pair of longer white shorts with a pretty light blue twinset that is very cute.
The white shorts has a suit jacket that goes with it but I feel too "staying alive" in an all white suit. I have splashed it up with a colored scarf or fun funky jewlery. I am too shirt to wear a short short, I look like a little girl playing dress up. I am barely 5 foot.

I think both of those outfits sound great! With either one of those outfits, you would feel appropriately dressed.

I have a white shorts set with longer shorts and a suit jacket. It's more of a winter white. I brought it to conference, but ended up not wearing it, because I wanted to wear my new PC shirt, and it went better with my brown capri's - so I just wore those for 2 days!:D

I am a purse/shoe girl...but not that many!!!

merego said:
I have a pair of black teva flip flops and brown ones, very simple and they are so comfy, I was going to bring those and probably wear them or change into them as I did more walking. I have 137 pair oh shoes in my closet and DD has 26 and she is 2, I am a shoe freak!! I love shoes!!

My neice is two and already has a shoe fetish. If she doesn't pick out her own shoes, she hates what you try to put on her. Although her favorites are one she has outgrown but still wants to wear not realizing they will hurt her feet!

here are the 2 other outfits, the suit is black not khaki. I think I am WAYYY over analyzing this situation.

Attachments

• outfit 1.jpg
    outfit 1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 392
  • outfit 2.jpg
    outfit 2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 282
wadesgirl said:
My neice is two and already has a shoe fetish. If she doesn't pick out her own shoes, she hates what you try to put on her. Although her favorites are one she has outgrown but still wants to wear not realizing they will hurt her feet!

The 1st thing DD says when she wakes up is "shoes mommy" , would sleep in her shoes if I let her. She insists everyone wear shoes and she goes to all our closests and picks them out. Suprisingly she knows which ones match. She has an eye for fashion , my daughter :)
DH said we could have our lake home if it weren't for my shoe/purse/clothes obsession.... whatev!!!

christinaspc said:
OMG 137 PAIRS OF SHOES !!!!! sorry for caps but wow I have hardly any shows but tons of purses. LoL

I am a nut, I know :)

Stay calm my little short buddy...we'll get you the best doctors and everything is going to be okay! I promise!!!

ha ha, thanks :) Since I have stopped working full time in my career to be a sahm, I don't shop nearly as much as I used to, it used to be insane. The deal was if I stopped working, then the shopping would have to slim down, ALOT. That is why I sell PC, to support my shopping habit :) and I LOVE PC!!!!:love::love:

Totally cute outfit and appropriate!

We have to try to get together at conference!

wadesgirl said:
Totally cute outfit and appropriate!

We have to try to get together at conference!

I know... How fun will that be... party on sister!!!

and thanks about the outfit, didn't mean I know my outfits were totally cute, although they are~ ha ha.

meant to say I know we should get together!! :)

merego said:
and thanks about the outfit, didn't mean I know my outfits were totally cute, although they are~ ha ha.meant to say I know we should get together!! :)
I won't be able to go to any of the MnG because my director has things planned for us at night but we might have to try to meet up. I'm going to check the schedules and see if we maybe have the same class together.Dang! We are taking a lot of the same classes but not at the same time. Even the HO tour!

chefann said:
I have a clustermate who's single and looking. She's really smart (MBA) and funny. We joke that she should offer referral credit at PC shows for guests who introduce her to eligible men. :)

ooh, will she be at the meet and great? Alex has a MBA also, he is very smart and nice looking, had money too, but money isn't everything, but it's nice to have :)

HEY - I called you at home, but you had the audacity not to be there to answer my call. See if I do that again... humph!

wadesgirl said:
I won't be able to go to any of the MnG because my director has things planned for us at night but we might have to try to meet up. I'm going to check the schedules and see if we maybe have the same class together.

Dang! We are taking a lot of the same classes but not at the same time. Even the HO tour!

That stinks :( is your cell number on the list? I will have to call you and maybe we can meet up at some point.

merego said:
ooh, will she be at the meet and great? Alex has a MBA also, he is very smart and nice looking, had money too, but money isn't everything, but it's nice to have :)

She's not going to conference this year. She's on a global project at work (she's a project manager with EDS), and has a really insane schedule.

merego said:
That stinks :( is your cell number on the list? I will have to call you and maybe we can meet up at some point.

No but I'll PM you, we really have to meet up!

chefann said:
She's not going to conference this year. She's on a global project at work (she's a project manager with EDS), and has a really insane schedule.

aww, that stinks

I have about 130 pairs myself....I get excited when I "find" a pair I haven't seen in a while....
and yet every time I go to the mall they simply call out my name....and they BEG me to take them home!!!!
yes....if I could find a DSA that does shoes I would so join!

texaschef said:
I have about 130 pairs myself....I get excited when I "find" a pair I haven't seen in a while....
and yet every time I go to the mall they simply call out my name....and they BEG me to take them home!!!!
yes....if I could find a DSA that does shoes I would so join!

I'm glad I am not alone :) You are right they just call out to you. I am so excited b/c they are building a Nordstroms here and I wear a size 4 1/2-5 so I have to special order from Nordstroms since small shoes sizes are hard to find, but now I can just go and buy them and not have to wait!!! When I lived in Texas and I discovered Nordstroms, that is when the shoe addiction got really bad :)

Where is the meet and great again and times?

The meet and greet will be held at the main lobby of the conference center. The times are from 6:00pm-8:00pm on the first day of the conference.

Can I bring my cousin who lives in Chicago and wants to see me to a meet and great?

Unfortunately, the meet and greet is only open to registered attendees of the conference. Your cousin will not be able to attend.

Where can I find the cell phone list and group list?

You can find the cell phone list and group list in the conference packet you received upon check-in. If you have misplaced it, you can request a new one at the registration desk.

What should I wear to conference?

You can wear whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident. Business casual attire is recommended, but as long as you are presentable and professional, it is up to your personal preference.

Does the PC tote hold everything I will need for the day?

The PC tote is large enough to hold all the materials you will need throughout the day. However, if you prefer, you can also bring a larger bag to carry any personal items or extra supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
melindag
  • ChefCKHall
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies