• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Denver Weather in January: What to Wear for a Conference

In summary, Susan is going to be bringing her Columbia coat, scarf, hat and gloves to wear when it is cold outside. Linda is also bringing a jacket, scarf, hat and gloves. They are both planning on wearing jeans on the last day.
heat123
Silver Member
I plan on wearing pants and long sleeves at confrence but what do I bring for jackets? How cold will it be? I have long leather coats, a dressy thinner lined rain coat, heavy ski jacket or tweed coats. What would you recommend I bring to wear when going outside? TIA!

Dress for winter! coat, hat, gloves, etc. a pr of nice insulated boots.

It should be freezing cold and I hate cold weather but I live in a part of Idaho that always gets the coldest go figure. I can't believe we only have 17 days till we go.

I live in Colorado. Plan for very cold weather.

Definitely NOT the time to dress cute! Although I will try very hard!

snowboots, warm jacket, scarf, hat, all the winter essentials...
As we say here in Colorado, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."
It could be any kind of weather... but I would bet on snow.
I've lived in Colorado all my life.

Would you recommend cuddle duds or any kind of long underwear? Where is the Hyatt in reference to the conference center? Will we just cross the street or is there a covered walkway from the Hyatt to the conference center? Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks, I will be sure and packe my warmest jacket and borrow some scarves! OH AND GLOVES! :)

Last edited:
I'm bringing my Columbia jacket, scarf, hat and gloves!!! It will be cold.

Hey Heather!
I'll be packining warm as others said - I'm just excited to be going! Can't wait to catch up with you!

Susan

RosieTrips said:
Hey Heather!
I'll be packining warm as others said - I'm just excited to be going! Can't wait to catch up with you!

Susan

Whoohooo Go Susan! Congrats on reaching FD status! Now, if only I can stay here or reach Director!:p See you in a few! I am soo excited!

Yipeee, I got some new boots and winter coat for Denver! Countin down the days!

I'm confused too Heather. We were in Golden (just outside Denver) a few weeks ago and it was brutal cold! It snowed too. I'm good with how to dress for being outside - it's just how to stay warm while outside and how to stay comfortable while inside that I don't know what to do. I have a great warm coat, but I'm sure I'm lacking in the shoe area. When we were in Colorado I was nice and warm in my coat, but from my thighs to my toes I was cold....we were also playing in the snow which I know I won't be doing at Leadership.

Also, anyone planning to wear jeans? I was thinking about wearing them on the last day (nice ones of course) since I'll be leaving for the airport directly afterward. I was talking to a sister director and she told me that she's seen lot's of people wearing them at Leadership on the last day....what do ya'll think?

I would love to wear jeans last day. I am one pair of pants short for the trip.
Linda, you may want to get warm socks and leg warmers. Sounds dorky but they make a HUGE difference. I live in the frozen north :)

I was planning on wearing some slacks on the last day (actually all 3 days) but nice new jeans would be better! :)

I need to go shopping I only have jeans(I wear them to work so there in good condition) that reach my ankles. Being only 5'2 I have a hard time finding pants that dont go over my toes. I'll bring my pretty snow boots and my long johns

I'm looking at wearing my new black jeans on the last day, with black dress boots, and a black dress top. I'm going straight to the airport. I think it will look very nice. Professional casual- that's what I wear on Fridays at work.

kisrae said:
I need to go shopping I only have jeans(I wear them to work so there in good condition) that reach my ankles. Being only 5'2 I have a hard time finding pants that dont go over my toes. I'll bring my pretty snow boots and my long johns

wow! you are tall!!!! I'm only 5'0"

pamperedlinda said:

really?
I picture you about 5'8"

kisrae said:

I'm 5'3" and have the same problem. It seems like if they don't have lengths on jeans they are made for someone who is 5'8"! Then if I try to find jeans that are short, regular or long, I'm between a short and regular. I have found that Vanity has jeans in inches for the length. I will only get jeans there from now on.

As for dress pants I have a wonderful MIL who has been hemming all mine! Either that or try to find a seamstress, they can usually hem pants for a decent price. And it's well worth it!

Koolotus said:
really?
I picture you about 5'8"

Nope, I'm vertically challenged! At my best - and in heels - I'm @ 5'2"!

lockhartkitchen said:
I'm looking at wearing my new black jeans on the last day, with black dress boots, and a black dress top. I'm going straight to the airport. I think it will look very nice. Professional casual- that's what I wear on Fridays at work.

I'm going pro-casu on the last day too! New editor dark dark denim pants, don't even look like jeans except the dark blue, striped button up, with cardigan type swearter on top and new boots and leaving strait to the airport too! I hope that's professional enough?:confused:

Can't wait!

pamperedlinda said:

Wow Linda. I'm feeling tall! I'm 5'1 1/4. Fashion Bug has a great new jean that are made for my height. They are right to my ankle where they need to be. I love them.

no no no, you all are makin me feel tall... 5'5

Wow, guess I'm a giant at 5'7"!!!! (Never thought of myself that way before!!) But see, I need to be like 6'7" and then I wouldn't be overweight!!!! :D

Funny Andrea! I said I'm tall at 5'1 1/4 but not skinny. I need to be 5'7 to thin out. Hee Hee. I am working on it though.

Koolotus said:
really?
I picture you about 5'8"

That is soooo funny! Because I pictured that as well Linda! I am 5'8 1/2" and thought that Linda would be around my height or there abouts. It is so wild how we develop mental pics so often.

batroark said:
That is soooo funny! Because I pictured that as well Linda! I am 5'8 1/2" and thought that Linda would be around my height or there abouts. It is so wild how we develop mental pics so often.

LOL!!!

So, if I want to find you two I need to be looking UP!

Okay so I do have some cute snow boots....but do I wear them INSIDE? I am confused. I have only ever been in snowy areas to play. This will be different for me.

Then to top it off I will be walking accross stage and have NO CLUE what to wear!

HELP!

Any suggestions for foot wear while in classes?

I wouldn't wear the boots inside; especially if you're staying at the conference hotel, since it's connected to the conference center you won't even be walking outside. I'm sure it'll be warm inside.

lacychef said:
I wouldn't wear the boots inside; especially if you're staying at the conference hotel, since it's connected to the conference center you won't even be walking outside. I'm sure it'll be warm inside.

Is it connected? I must be blind because I couldn't find anywhere that said it's connected. I hope so!

I'm excited because I just ordered a new faux-shearing, faux-suede coat from Coldwater Creek (spent lots of $ there right after Christmas, luckily most of it was a CC gift card and b-day $$!) and I just hope it comes by Wednesday. I'm so excited. I needed a "nice" real coat since I mostly wear a fleece around here. It would be nice not to have to wear it to the workshops and figure out what to do with it if the hotel and conf center are connected!

I don't think they are connected - what I read was that they are across the street form each other.

ha-ha i am reading this thinking wow we got an updated on the weather and I learn how tall everyone is and what we are all wearing. I am 5 ft 6 in

Okay so then I still have foot wear questions. Do I just NOT wear the boots since it is just accross the street? If I do wear them, what do I DO with them once I get there? What is everyone else doing?

Christ Follower said:
Okay so then I still have foot wear questions. Do I just NOT wear the boots since it is just accross the street? If I do wear them, what do I DO with them once I get there? What is everyone else doing?

I don't think wearing boots is necessary if it's right across the street. I am bummed that it's not connected but I'm almost willing to brave the cold for a 3-5 minute walk across the street instead of having to worry about carrying a jacket around with me. Then again, I'm from Chicago and can maybe brave the cold for a few minutes.:)

However, I don't think boots are really very necessary. Just wearing whatever shoes you'd be wearing to the conference stuff should be good enough. Most hotels seem to keep the sidewalks pretty clear even after it snows. Hopefully it won't be snowing.:) Now if you'll be doing a lot of walking around at night (like going out to eat, etc) I suppose some type of boots might be worth having.

I just called the hotel to see if there was a connected walkway and she told me "no". But she said it is right across the street so it doesn't sound like a long walk at all.

I would think you'd be fine to go with regular shoes and not worry about the boots. I'm thinking I'll just wear a sweater or blazer for the workshops and stuff and then come back to the hotel to get my coat and boots or whatever else is needed for when I leave the building to go out to eat.

She did say that it was really cold last week - but it has been beautiful this week. Coming from Chicago she said I'd feel like I was in a blast of warm air! So who knows what next week will bring...

So then are you all wearing nicer dress shoes during the workshops? I thought I read someone mentioning Uggs?

I'm going to be wearing my slack boots throughout--I'm not sure what their actually called, but they're ankle height and I wear them with my slacks (hence the name:D). Ellen, I'm walking across the stage, too and I'll be wearing my high-heel dress shoes for that one, I think...but I need to practice walking in them since it's been a while.

Oh bummer, I thought I remembered reading that the 2 were connected. Oh well.

Chefstover2 said:
I'm going to be wearing my slack boots throughout--I'm not sure what their actually called, but they're ankle height and I wear them with my slacks (hence the name:D). Ellen, I'm walking across the stage, too and I'll be wearing my high-heel dress shoes for that one, I think...but I need to practice walking in them since it's been a while.

Okay I can do that. Thanks! Are you wearing a dress on stage or do you think slacks and a nice dressy top with heals would be fine?

Christ Follower said:
Okay I can do that. Thanks! Are you wearing a dress on stage or do you think slacks and a nice dressy top with heals would be fine?

I'm not wearing a dress...I've got some dress slacks (the travelers pants that you can bunch up and won't wrinkle), matching top and I bought a pretty jacket and necklace to go with it, just for this occasion (my big splurge for promoting to Director). Then I'll travel home in it, just change into my boots and off I go.

I always just think the people crossing the stage that have a dressy business outfit look so great. I'm just grateful my director won't make me wear a tiara :D

I am wearing black dress pants and dressy tunic. No prom dresses here!!!

Chefstover2 said:
I always just think the people crossing the stage that have a dressy business outfit look so great. I'm just grateful my director won't make me wear a tiara :D

Ha! Since myself & a clustermate of mine didn't promote by leadership, we'll have to wear the feather boa etc when we walk....it's kind of a joke because last year at national we were commenting how we'd never wear that stuff, so our director challenged us.

Oh, & on the news last night it said in Denver today it's supposed to be 61...hope the weather stays that nice till next week!

The forecast for while we're there is a little chilly (esp if you're from down my way), averaging between highs of 51 and lows of 24 degrees. The good news though is only a 0-10% chance of percipitation between the 7th and 10th! Yeah! Would love to see some snow, but not at the risk of messing up flight schedules!

The last weather report I saw for Denver was upper 40's to low 50's during the day for Wed and Thursday. For me being from upstate NY and right now it is a high of 10. This will be a heat wave for me. Now to hope that the weather report here is wrong for Wed/Thursday. It is saying snow/ice storm. PLEASE NO!!!

Kris, if there's no snow in Denver, you can just look up & just to the west & they're will be snow on the mountaintops:)

1. What is the typical weather like in Denver during January?

The weather in Denver during January can vary, but it is typically cold with temperatures averaging in the 20s and 30s Fahrenheit. It can also be quite windy and snowy, so it is important to be prepared for those conditions.

2. What should I wear to a conference in Denver during January?

It is always a good idea to dress in layers for a conference in Denver during January. We recommend wearing pants and a long-sleeved shirt as your base layer. You can then add a sweater or blazer on top for added warmth. Don't forget to bring a scarf, gloves, and a hat to stay warm when going outside.

3. What type of jackets should I bring for a conference in Denver during January?

We suggest bringing a variety of jackets to a conference in Denver during January. A long leather coat is a great option for a dressy look. A thinner lined raincoat is perfect for light rain or snow. If you plan on spending time outdoors, a heavy ski jacket or tweed coat will provide the most warmth.

4. How cold will it be in Denver during January?

The average temperature in Denver during January is in the 20s and 30s Fahrenheit. However, it is important to note that it can feel much colder due to wind and snow. We recommend checking the weather forecast before your trip and dressing accordingly.

5. Can I wear dresses or skirts to a conference in Denver during January?

While dresses and skirts can be stylish options for a conference, they may not be the most practical choice for Denver in January. We suggest sticking to pants or tights for added warmth. If you do choose to wear a dress or skirt, be sure to pair it with warm tights and boots to stay comfortable in the cold weather.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Addie4TLC
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Hunter Mom