1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Clothing accessory challenged, please help!

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Okay I've never figured out the 'rules' to this. I have to go to the big city next week and meet with the lawyer and then off to the bank with my fellow executor for a meeting. I've picked out my outfit (black pants, black cap sleeve blouse with medium white polka dots) and my new (thanks to hubby :)) really cute chocolate brown, fitted leather jacket.

Sooooo......which pair of my boots should I wear, my chocolate brown or my black. (snow here now, lots of it so I know there will be either snow or large puddles still next week) I've heard that you match your boots to your coat and I've also heard it should be a match from waist to toes (so black pants would flow smoothly if black footwear was worn).

How about my purse? If I don't use one of my funky colored ones then should I bring my brown or black or does it not really matter since they are both neutral?

HELP!

Apr 8, 2009
  2. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

You can go either way really. What do you feel most comfortable in. I personally always match my bag with my shoes/boots.

Apr 8, 2009
  3. kcjodih

So the shoes/boots don't need to match the pants or match the coat?

Apr 8, 2009
  4. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

w/ the picture in my head, I am thinking black boots. If you take your jacket off, it may look funny if you have black pants & shirt w/ brown boots.. JMO :)

I'm sure you'll pull off what ever you decide!

Apr 8, 2009
  5. rennea

You shoes don't need to match you pants. If you plan are not taking off your coat then I would wear the brown boots. HTH.

Apr 8, 2009
  6. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

You can't go wrong w/ black. I vote for that.

Apr 8, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - I can't help you Jodi, but I had to say that you sound like me. If I didn't have DH to help me dress, I'd be in real trouble. I tell people all the time that he is my fashion consultant!:D

Apr 8, 2009
  8. rennea

Mine too Becky! My DH is a real fashion diva. LOL:D

Apr 8, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That's funny!

Other woman look shocked when they compliment me on something I'm wearing, and I tell them DH picked it out and/or bought it for me. He also buys about 90% of my jewelry!

Apr 8, 2009
  10. kcjodih

Okay we have one vote for brown and two for black. Thanks ladies! I'm thinking I'll go with the majority maybe? If I do go with the brown which isn't the majority right now I'll leave the coat on. It's short, thin and dressy and it's cold here right now anyway. It's really a spring coat rather than one for this cold, snowy weather but darn it! it IS spring!

Anyone else care to chime in?

Apr 8, 2009
  11. lestat_de_leon

lestat_de_leon Novice Member

Do the browns on the jacket and boots match exactly? If yes, then brown boots...if no, then black.

12. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I probably always go with the "safest" choice and in my mind, that would be the black boots. That way you won't feel uncomfortable if you need to take the coat off.

Then I would stick with a black purse, too.

JMO. :)

Apr 8, 2009
  13. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

my vote is black boots, if you have a bold colored purse, dark purple, red or green I'd use that, if not, then brown purse, sicne its more likely you'll be carrying the purse while wearing the coat.

Apr 8, 2009
  14. kcjodih

Yes, I was lucky and they match exactly. :)

See when I wear this coat with jeans it's a no-brainer and I wear the matching boots but it's the whole black pants thing that has thrown me for a loop.

Apr 8, 2009
  15. merego

merego Senior Member

From a woman who loves fashion, I vote for black boots :)

Apr 8, 2009
  16. merego

merego Senior Member

a "pop" of color is always good. I watch What not to Wear and The Look for Less, How Do I Look? religiously plus reading my People Style watch :)

Apr 8, 2009
  17. kcjodih

Okay the majority seems to think black including 'fashionista Mer :D'

Thank you SO much. Black it is, with my brown jacket and a pop of color with my bag.

Apr 8, 2009
  18. rennea

What color of bag??

See I am a collector of sorts when it comes to hand bags (I have 42:eek:) My bag has to always match my outfit! I am crazy about this!

Apr 8, 2009
Have something to add?