• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What New Products Would You Like to See at Conference? :D

In summary, at the upcoming HWC conference, attendees will be able to expect new products in the form of apple wedges, glazed stoneware, cajun rub/seasoning, storage containers with seals, a cake topper, kitchen towels in a different color, glasses, a cookbook holder, collapsible strainer, and utensils to go along with the Kitchen Fork.
So I've been a bit sheltered over in Japan and missing out on all the new stateside inventions. I was walking through Bed Bath & Beyond the other day & saw a lot of cool stuff ~ several things that I'd like to see PC offer!

Avocado wedger/peeler
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08713.jpg

A watermelon wedger!!!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08714.jpg

A cupcake stand to match the 3 Tiered Tower & Cake Pedestal would be nice!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08719.jpg

This was pretty cool too!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08720.jpg

We so need one of these (if our Chef's Tools were not going away! :cry:)
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08717.jpg

I'd really love to see them come back out with a stoneware rack!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08721.jpg

This would be cool if it matched all our other stands & was made for our SA pieces
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08722.jpg

OOOOOOHHHH! I sooooooo want to see this come out in our line!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08723.jpg

I found a couple of things that look really familiar too!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08715.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08716.jpg

I've had a request from customers to have stemless dots wine glasses.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I must have a defect then! Mine only peels in one direction. I hate it! lol
I love my veggie peeler!

Sheila said:
So I've been a bit sheltered over in Japan and missing out on all the new stateside inventions. I was walking through Bed Bath & Beyond the other day & saw a lot of cool stuff ~ several things that I'd like to see PC offer!

A watermelon wedger!!!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08714.jpg

This must have been huge!! I just had someone complain that they wouldn't have room for the pineapple wedger in her kitchen.

I would love to have a vegetable brush that is sturdy and will work great for scrubbing potatoes.

mountainmama74 said:
My Executive Director said THIS in an email the other day:

Speaking of NEW PRODUCTS…. There are 43 NEW! 9 restyled , 8 new gift sets and 15 dropped.

43 NEW?! Wow!! I am nearly beside myself with excitement!!

Hoping 1 of the restyled is the apple wedger!!

Okay - so I just divided the 43 products by $800 (highest level of sellathon)

I know that Sellathon says over $800, and I'm not including the 9 restyled products - so I figure it evens out in the end.

BUT - 43 products at $800 in value equals out to $18.60 per product.

That makes me think that we will be seeing a lot of small items, and probably a lot of Pantry items. (anyone else remember the survey we had about food items?)

ChefBeckyD said:

I know that Sellathon says over $800, and I'm not including the 9 restyled products - so I figure it evens out in the end.

That makes me think that we will be seeing a lot of small items, and probably a lot of Pantry items. (anyone else remember the survey we had about food items?)

The SB is $1. Yup, I bet there are some lower priced pantry items. But, the 2 shows with $65 including the "must have" product is a good indicator that the "must have" product is more than $18. Hopefully more like $45. Somehow I have in my head that the 2 shows level will have 3 products in it. Was that in an HO e-mail or am I making that up? Likely the "must have" plus a pantry item and something else. It won't hurt to have some lower priced new products, just not all in the $12-18 range. Fingers are crossed for more things in the $30-40 range to average out the $8 products. Not too long to find out what they are!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

That assumes that the 800 level would get all the new products. I didnt read the promo that way. I am also hoping that the rufth and the submit two shows packagea are separate and not bundled into the total.

Tracy99 said:
That assumes that the 800 level would get all the new products. I didnt read the promo that way. I am also hoping that the rufth and the submit two shows packagea are separate and not bundled into the total.
Well, in the past, the top level gets all of the products. I think since I've started there has only been one year when they didn't - and that year there was so much that there were actually two Sellathon months - one in June, and then more that you could earn in July.
The Submit Two Shows is a level also - and has always been included in the total. Since I started, there has been very little change in the way that Sellathon has been done.The RUFTH used to be free for attending conference, so not sure about that one - plus I haven't seen a dollar value attached to it yet.

Last edited:
Becca_in_MD said:
The SB is $1. Yup, I bet there are some lower priced pantry items. But, the 2 shows with $65 including the "must have" product is a good indicator that the "must have" product is more than $18. Hopefully more like $45. Somehow I have in my head that the 2 shows level will have 3 products in it. Was that in an HO e-mail or am I making that up? Likely the "must have" plus a pantry item and something else. It won't hurt to have some lower priced new products, just not all in the $12-18 range. Fingers are crossed for more things in the $30-40 range to average out the $8 products. Not too long to find out what they are!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't meaning that all of the products would be $18...just that the odds are that there will be a lot of lower priced products. OR a couple immensely pricey products! :D

And yes, I think the email from Jean said that there would be three products in the Submit Two Shows level.

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, in the past, the top level gets all of the products. I think since I've started there has only been one year when they didn't - and that year there was so much that there were actually two Sellathon months - one in June, and then more that you could earn in July.
The Submit Two Shows is a level also - and has always been included in the total. Since I started, there has been very little change in the way that Sellathon has been done.

The RUFTH used to be free for attending conference, so not sure about that one - plus I haven't seen a dollar value attached to it yet.

Ok good to know. This is my first sat. I was kind of trying to guess from the spring sample packages, etc.

Tracy99 said:
Ok good to know. This is my first sat. I was kind of trying to guess from the spring sample packages, etc.

Yeah, the sample packages that you can purchase are usually a bit different. I think that's so people can purchase some items individually if they'd like, without having to buy a lot. but the packages that are available are close to the packages that you can earn, minus the products that are pulled out for individual purchase.

I thought I had a more recent sample saved of sellathon levels, but here's one from '08 that you can look at - this is how it's usually broken down for the levels.

Attachments

• sellathon_levels.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 387
ChefBeckyD said:
The Submit Two Shows is a level also - and has always been included in the total. Since I started, there has been very little change in the way that Sellathon has been done.The RUFTH used to be free for attending conference, so not sure about that one - plus I haven't seen a dollar value attached to it yet.
Actually the submit two show level is only included in the higher levels if you did two shows - which most do to get the higher levels. The director packages are the same as the highest level except they do not include the two show level, any July two show level, nor any recruiting level (there isn't always one of those but there have been in the past). I highly doubt the new RUFTH item will be included either since we earned it separately.The $800 value is most likely all the products, including the revamped ones. The $6000 level + two show level is what they base it on usually (they are known to change things up). FYI if this is your first year: they include revamped products in the new product packages so we have the latest and the greatest so not all the items we are earning are brand new to the line. In the past the RUFTH item has not been included with the package. like Becky said, we used to get it at conference as a perk for attending. Not long now and we'll all know the answers to these pressing questions. :=)

Last edited:
With $800 being the value of all the products, I am betting there are additions to the cookware lines...

I'm pretty sure there are 4 products in the submit two shows level. Also, there is a new pantry line!

Speaking of new products...I'm wondering what's going to be in the Product showcase room on Thursday since they don't usually announce new products until later in the conference.

chefa said:
Speaking of new products...I'm wondering what's going to be in the Product showcase room on Thursday since they don't usually announce new products until later in the conference.

I'm thinking that we find out at the First General session since they are opening the product showcase room on Thursday (after general session if you notice the time)

chefa said:

I got an email from someone at HO - not sure who now, and it said that they were going to announce the products at the first general session. Seems like they did that last year too.

Yes, there was an email that said new products would be announced at the 3:00 General Session on Thursday! The product showcase room will open directly after that.

I have been asking for SA cannister set. Square - White would go in about any kitchen (and I don't own a set of cannisters! LOL!) Would also like to see a return of something like the old Chilzanne bowls in the Cool and Serve Line. Thanks for the tip on the Salad Spinner bowl as a dome for the cake pedestal. Mine's cracked though!

I want an insulated carrier for the baker to make it easier to carry to shows and potlucks.

Did you earn the picnic basket? The DCB fits in there with a bit of room to spare for any other perishables you might need to take. Or are you thinking of taking it hot? It would still work, I would think. You could wrap an extra towel to take up some of the extra space.

I've said it before and I'l say it again :) Being a huge fan of the Dots ~ I would LOVE to see a Dots teapot and matching sugar bowl and creamer!Cookbook stand!Bring back the silicone oven mitts, please :)Lid for the MFPI'm super excited to see what all the new products are!!!

I also would like a new Kids in the Kitchen cookbook. And I think it would be nice to have a unisex adult & kid sized aprons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • chefann