• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Like to See "In the Pink" for Next Year?

In summary, the consensus seems to be that this year's PINK selection was lacking and that next year, something more unique and exclusive should be offered. Some ideas mentioned were Twixits, QSP, SA pieces (mugs, plates, bowls), Mix n' Chop, and a pink timer/cookbook. Everyone agreed that a colored Santuko knife in pink would be a great addition to the lineup.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Not to beat a dead horse, but I think we all agree that this year's PINK selection was 'lacking' in the gotta have it arena. What would you like to see for next year? What do you think would be a great seller?

Here's what I'd like to see PINK (most are probaby repeats):

Twixits!
QSP
scraper
dots cups
prep bowls (clear pink glass w/pink lids)

oh Linda I am lovin' the prep bowl idea!! I wanna see a colored Santuko knife in pink!
A mini collapsible bowl with pink where the white is and white where the current green is!

Those are good too Kristi!

That collapsible bowl idea is great!

I second

Twixits!
QSP
scraper
dots cups
prep bowls (clear pink glass w/pink lids)

I would also like to see our
collas. bowl in pink & white
Mix n chop
more sa pink & white
Pink color coated knives
Pink cookbook

All I can think of right now.

Everyone was asking about the pink mini measure all cup. I think it would also be fun to have on in teaspoon/tablespoons. I got a kitchen catalog in the mail the other day and they had one in there.

Mix n' Chop!!! OMG...we already sell a ton of these, can you imagine the sales if they were in PINK!!!

Oh I just thought of a pink timer

pamperedalf said:
Oh I just thought of a pink timer

ooooh...awwww...

I would have to buy that! :D

LOVE all the above suggestions.

Here are a few that I thought of:

~Pink mini-spatula
~Pink Outdoor Tumblers
~Pink Bar Board & Knife Set
~Pink Oven Mitts

I love the idea of pink/pink dots SA pieces - mugs or plates (or maybe small bowls that would fit in the caddy and are great for mondo-ice cream sundaes!).But my favorite idea mentioned was PINK color coated knives!(Although I do love the mini-collapsible bowl idea, too).

Pink food chopper and can opener.

And yes, we would totally ROCK with a pink mix and chop!!

Augh! I had a response typed out, and got logged off!Anyhoo...
I think the "trick" is to select items that are either things that people could always use a duplicate (measuring spoons or twixits), or is an exclusive and totally awesome. The May before I signed, the HWC item was adjustable measuring spoons. They were cute! And who couldn't use an extra set of spoons? The next May, we had pink Twixit clips, that were packaged so the buyer could share them with a friend, spreading the word about awareness. Repeat items that could come back:
Adjustable measuring spoons
Twixit clips
QSP
New pink items:
Silicone hot pad/trivet
silicone serving spatula
SA teapot
(to match the cups from a couple years ago)
tea or coffee (pink can/bag)
towels and/or dishcloth
stoneware - mini baker or small oval baker
apron
(for customers, not just us)
can opener
Outdoor entertaining set
(2 each plates, flatware sets and cups)Items should, for maximum effectiveness, be things that people use regularly in their homes so that they pull them out and are reminded to do their monthly exam. I also think that the host-exclusive idea has backfired. Sure, people think that they're cute, but consumers today have caught on to the "trick" of making things available only to hosts.

Last edited:
I had a hard time pushing the pink items this year- I wasn't so crazy about any of them... the kitchen brush was "ok" but I would like to see (as others have said)

Pink Quick Stir Pitcher
Pink Scrapers
Pink Knife (instead of green knifes)

I've heard 2 opposing opinions about offering knives as HWC items, and they both make sense. Knives remind people who have been through surgery of a scalpel (especially the QPK). One opinion is that HO will not offer another knife item for HWC because many cancer survivors have negative memories of surgery (especially if they had a total mastectomy). But I heard someone else mention that they are grateful for their surgeon's scalpel because it saved their life. Either way, I think that knives would be a controversial item for HWC.

chefann said:
I've heard 2 opposing opinions about offering knives as HWC items, and they both make sense. Knives remind people who have been through surgery of a scalpel (especially the QPK). One opinion is that HO will not offer another knife item for HWC because many cancer survivors have negative memories of surgery (especially if they had a total mastectomy). But I heard someone else mention that they are grateful for their surgeon's scalpel because it saved their life. Either way, I think that knives would be a controversial item for HWC.

This is true, I didn't think of it that way! HWC hits home for a lot of people and it would be terrible to know that one of our products would bring back bad memories! Maybe the knifes aren't such a good idea for the "pink item." (But- PS- I would buy one :love: )

wasn't the bar board and qpk pink one year....

Oh I answered my own question I have a collection of all the pink items ever out. As I was sell the year they started... and that was a set once

This was the worst sales of pink ever for me and I felt the same toward them when announced.

I just want them to bring back the Mini Measure All! Of all the "pink" products I have collected over the years, it is the one I use every day!

I did not keep any of this year's pink products.......just didn't love them..........

bsaxman said:
This is true, I didn't think of it that way! HWC hits home for a lot of people and it would be terrible to know that one of our products would bring back bad memories! Maybe the knifes aren't such a good idea for the "pink item." (But- PS- I would buy one :love: )

Well, the Nylon knife last year was such a huge hit that I had orders on back-order until the end of June...and they brought it out in green for the regular catalog this year! But maybe being a nylon knife doesn't elicit the same bad memories?

Oh - and the pink barboard and knife set was a HUGE success for me.

I would like to see some of the oldies back, along with:

More Pink & White Dots pieces
- I LOVE the idea of a tea for one set, or a teapot.
Pink Scrapers - the pink mini scraper was a huge hit too
Pink Mini Serving Spatula
Also, I think it would help if people still had a savings bonus for the month - maybe "Buy all 3 Pink items and get 20% off" or some sort of incentive. I was asked at every single show what the guest special was, and people were disappointed that there wasn't a sale, or a free product of some kind.

Ann, I love your suggestions...especially the apron. What a great way for our customers to 'advertise' PC year-round!

Wow...you guys have SUPER IDEAS! Here are my favs:

pink mix n chop
twixits
color coated Santoku knife
pink PREP BOWLS! Wow! I love this idea!
QSP (I wasn't around the last time we had this for HWC)
Apron for customers!
Pink timer- I want one!

Make sure you email HO with these ideas, ladies! How else will they know?

I just emailed them...it's under consultant's corner under Managing your Business, then under HO contacts. There is a product sugestion form to fill out! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I loved all your ideas. I emailed HO as well and added the handy scraper to the things I would like to see in "PINK"

:D

I too love all the ideas.

I would like to see:

Apron
Towels/cloths
pink mugs like our dots cups with white dots just at the top :)
pink whisks
pink scrapers
pink trivets
Pink Sprinkles

I think the apron is fantastic. Not everyone likes pink or has a kitchen where pink products would "go." But a pink apron is something you could wear while cooking and then put away, so it doesn't need to match per say.

I also think there should be a sale attached.

Another thing I was thinking about was some of the comments made earlier this month by people who would like to see other cancers represented, not just breast cancer. If HO did that, we could offer a couple of May-only products in standard finishes (not pink), that benefited the ACS/CCS in general - not specifically earmarked for breast cancer programs. Or have them available in lavender (the color for general cancer awareness).

ChefBeckyD said:
Also, I think it would help if people still had a savings bonus for the month - maybe "Buy all 3 Pink items and get 20% off" or some sort of incentive. I was asked at every single show what the guest special was, and people were disappointed that there wasn't a sale, or a free product of some kind.

I was asked this same question--what's the guest special? They were less than impressed with the answer.

I love the pink collapsible bowl idea, and the SA teapot. A SA rectangular platter in pink would also be a big draw for me.

My vote would be:

Twixits definitely
Towel set and/or linens (placemats, napkins, et al)
Oven mitt
the flexible trivet
Handy Scraper
A special pink glazed stoneware piece (mini-baker maybe?)

They have to make these things more practical, yet pink n cute. Folks just weren't open to what they had in pink this year, at least in my neck of the woods. Course, I have a lot of friends on fixed incomes (and really feeling the crunch) and well, kitsch doesn't win over practicality.

I forgot to say that I LOVE the idea of an apron in pink!

I love all of these suggestions!

I think a "pink" cookbook would be great~it would be an awesome idea if we could gather recipes from Consultant survivors to contribute to it!

I so want PINK PREP BOWLS!!

chefann said:
Another thing I was thinking about was some of the comments made earlier this month by people who would like to see other cancers represented, not just breast cancer. If HO did that, we could offer a couple of May-only products in standard finishes (not pink), that benefited the ACS/CCS in general - not specifically earmarked for breast cancer programs. Or have them available in lavender (the color for general cancer awareness).

Ann, wasn't there some topic of discussion about October being another HWC month that would cover all cancers???? I vaguely recall something like this!

I'm not a big pink fan, so the products that I would like to see would be ones that stay in thecubboard/drawer except to prep the food:

bar board/knife set
measure all 1 cup
scrapers
etc...

chefmeg said:
.....I think a "pink" cookbook would be great~it would be an awesome idea if we could gather recipes from Consultant survivors to contribute to it!
yep, Love it!

Here is what I'd like to see....I love the clear pink glass idea for the prep bowls, Linda! That would be so cool!

I haven't read everyone else's posts yet- I was too excited to put what I'd like to see before I forgot it! Sorry if there are duplicates

I would like to see:
Pink Scrapers
Pink Apron
Pink silicone hot pad trivet
Pink Oven Mitts
Pink Chef's Silicone Brush

Maybe ONE pink glazed stoneware piece

Last edited:
chefmeg said:
Ann, wasn't there some topic of discussion about October being another HWC month that would cover all cancers???? I vaguely recall something like this!
Nope. October will be breast cancer specific again, because that's when national breast cancer awareness month is. But we'll be able to participate on the PC corporate team in the ACS walks held around the country - which, again, will be breast cancer specific.

chefann said:
I like the lavender idea, it may be more appealing to more people if they were not pink.

1. What would you like to see for next year?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I would love to see a wider variety of PINK products for next year's PINK selection. I think it would be great to have more options in different categories such as kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware.

2. What do you think would be a great seller?

I believe that PINK versions of our popular products would be a hit next year. For example, a PINK Twixit set or a PINK scraper would be great options. Also, adding a new product in a fun and trendy color like PINK would definitely catch the attention of customers.

3. What are the most frequently asked questions about "What Would You Like to See "In the Pink" for Next Year?

Some of the most common questions I have received from customers are: "Will there be more PINK options for next year?" "What type of PINK products will be available?" "Will there be any limited edition or exclusive PINK products?"

4. Not to beat a dead horse, but I think we all agree that this year's PINK selection was 'lacking' in the gotta have it arena.

I completely understand that some customers may have been disappointed with this year's PINK selection. As a company, we always strive to provide a variety of PINK products that appeal to our customers. We will definitely take this feedback into consideration for next year's PINK collection.

5. What are some popular PINK products that you would like to see for next year?

Some popular PINK products that I would love to see for next year are the QSP, scraper, dots cups, and prep bowls. These products have been requested by many customers and I believe they would make great additions to the PINK collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • missyciccolella
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
MissChef