• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What NEW products would you like to see at conference? :D

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
My Executive Director said THIS in an email the other day:

Speaking of NEW PRODUCTS…. There are 43 NEW! 9 restyled , 8 new gift sets and 15 dropped.

43 NEW?! Wow!! I am nearly beside myself with excitement!!

Hoping 1 of the restyled is the apple wedger!!

Tracy99

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011
15 dropped? That is making me nerve. My kit enhancement is in July. I am thinking I should wait to place it until I know what is being dropped. I'd hate to buy something that is getting discontinued. Do they announce what is being dropped at conference?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
15 dropped? That is making me nerve. My kit enhancement is in July. I am thinking I should wait to place it until I know what is being dropped. I'd hate to buy something that is getting discontinued. Do they announce what is being dropped at conference?

They don't tell us (like the new stuff)- but it is usually listed in the special edition Consultant News we'll get for the new season.

And personally, I expect a good number of those items will be some of the colored items - like dishtowels, twix-its, etc....They seem to come out with a Fall Color scheme, so they'll drop the Cranberry for awhile, and use the new colors. One of those items will be the Season's Best also. So while it sounds like a lot, it may actually be 8 or 9 items. Who knows....I could be wrong! It's been known to happen a time or two. ;) But it may not hurt to wait on your KE until you know.....especially if there is an item you were thinking of keeping in your kit specifically..>OR you may decide to buy something that is going away just so you can have it for your own kitchen before it's gone. ;)

Last edited:

lt1jane

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
if not, all you have to do is go through the new catalog they give you and compare it to either an old one or a list of products. I am planning on taking a list of products with me so I can go through the new catalog. I like to make two lists: one of products retiring and one of price changes.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008

Yes, at Conference they will announce all the new (and restyled) items. They usually don't announce what's discontinued, but they give you a catalog and you can sift through and figure it out. Or sometimes they give out another info booklet that will show the discontinued list in the back. At least 9 of the discontinued items will be the ones that are getting restyled. ;)

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
LOL Jinx! Looks like the 3 of us were all typing at once! :D

Tracy99

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks everyone. I am not going to conference but I'll check on here to see what people report back from conference. I think I'll wait on my kit enhancement just in case. I don't really want to order something and then find out it has been restyled or dropped and I can't take it to shows. I am wondering if the dropped stuff includes any of the chef tools that are on stop sell now of if they will be restyled because of manufacturing stuff.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
LOL Jinx! Looks like the 3 of us were all typing at once! :D

Great minds think alike! But please, get off my brain wave, there is barely room for ONE! :D :p

angel7581

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2009
We generally do find out the restyled stuff at conference. So those you know. I imagine the reason they do not mention the discontinued items is to keep conference positive. I know that I for one would not have wanted to be there to take the heat when people found out that Chilzanne was being discontinued.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
We generally do find out the restyled stuff at conference. So those you know. I imagine the reason they do not mention the discontinued items is to keep conference positive. I know that I for one would not have wanted to be there to take the heat when people found out that Chilzanne was being discontinued.

I agree....:) Didn't doubt that, just was letting her know how we do find out.

angel7581

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2009
I remember last year a group of us sitting at the table looking through the catalog and asking around if people had seen certain items in the new catalog .. by the time we left we knew what was missing .. last year was not so bad though.

lt1jane

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
I take my WHITE DCB to shows when I need a DCB, it's the one I own. You certainly may take retired items to parties, it's a great way to remind yourself to talk about the outlet.

I was sad to see Chillzanne go too, but the explanation at the time gave me a lot of respect for the company. They are very aware of the prices of their products and the percentages. I think they actually try to keep those percentages close from one season to the next.

chefa

Advanced Member
Jul 21, 2009
Wonder if the 8 Chef's Tools are going to be considered part of the 15 discontinued items? That would leave us with just 7 items going away. I'd like to see the current carafe go bye-bye since you can't order a replacement liner. And the Outdoor Picks. Would love to have the DCB back in White; I think we've oversaturated the market with the cranberry, so the cranberry & white quik cut knives, twixits and towels and mitt and oven pad could fly away. The tie-its can go bye-bye too.

RoseAndrews

Feb 13, 2011
I had a dream last night about the new stone that's coming out...

it was a stoneware BRA! It might actually be more comfortable than underwire ;)

And no, I was not drinking last night LOL.

Teresa LM

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2011
Bwahahaha! But, if you get that stoneware bra properly fitted, it will absolutely be comfortable. ;)

RoseAndrews

Feb 13, 2011
Bwahahaha! But, if you get that stoneware bra properly fitted, it will absolutely be comfortable. ;)

And since its's non stick everything slides out easily :blushing:

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
I don't think the Chef's Tools are going to be part of the dropped list. The way that email sounded, the Chef's Tools conundrum was very short notice. Remember, they've been planning this release of new products since before the LAST release of new products! So they've known for a while what's coming and what's going!

Last year I was able to post pictures of the new stuff the night it was released. I'll try to do it again this year, but I can't promise! :)

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007

Speaking of NEW PRODUCTS…. There are 43 NEW! 9 restyled , 8 new gift sets and 15 dropped.

Thank you for posting this!!! Our Exec. hasn't forwarded ANY information to us and I'm in her 1st line.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
No, but it could be a TON of work to install it. And if you can't look at it, and you can't read the instruction manual - you wouldn't know for sure if it will work in your kitchen. There would be all sorts of questions being asked, and we'd have to ask HO...so essentially, they would have to be involved in the install process. That would be fun - calling the Help Desk with those sort of questions! :rolleyes:
Having recently gone through this process myself, I could see major headaches with people ordering them and then returning them. Or just not ordering them. Or asking questions that consultants would not be able to answer, unless like me, their husband is a master builder, and they can refer the questions to him!

I don't know - I could be wrong - but I just don't think this is it.

I totally agree Becky. It is very highly unlikely that we'd add a pot rack in our line. Not impossible but not likely.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
So I've been a bit sheltered over in Japan and missing out on all the new stateside inventions. I was walking through Bed Bath & Beyond the other day & saw a lot of cool stuff ~ several things that I'd like to see PC offer!

Avocado wedger/peeler
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08713.jpg

A watermelon wedger!!!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08714.jpg

A cupcake stand to match the 3 Tiered Tower & Cake Pedestal would be nice!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08719.jpg

This was pretty cool too!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08720.jpg

We so need one of these (if our Chef's Tools were not going away! :cry:)
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08717.jpg

I'd really love to see them come back out with a stoneware rack!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08721.jpg

This would be cool if it matched all our other stands & was made for our SA pieces
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08722.jpg

OOOOOOHHHH! I sooooooo want to see this come out in our line!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08723.jpg

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I found a couple of things that look really familiar too!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08715.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08716.jpg

Krista Burson

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2005
I've had a request from customers to have stemless dots wine glasses.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
So I've been a bit sheltered over in Japan and missing out on all the new stateside inventions. I was walking through Bed Bath & Beyond the other day & saw a lot of cool stuff ~ several things that I'd like to see PC offer!

A watermelon wedger!!!
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/hyde4me/DSC08714.jpg

This must have been huge!! I just had someone complain that they wouldn't have room for the pineapple wedger in her kitchen.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I would love to have a vegetable brush that is sturdy and will work great for scrubbing potatoes.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005

Okay - so I just divided the 43 products by $800 (highest level of sellathon)

I know that Sellathon says over $800, and I'm not including the 9 restyled products - so I figure it evens out in the end.

BUT - 43 products at $800 in value equals out to $18.60 per product.

That makes me think that we will be seeing a lot of small items, and probably a lot of Pantry items. (anyone else remember the survey we had about food items?)

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009

I know that Sellathon says over $800, and I'm not including the 9 restyled products - so I figure it evens out in the end.

That makes me think that we will be seeing a lot of small items, and probably a lot of Pantry items. (anyone else remember the survey we had about food items?)

The SB is $1. Yup, I bet there are some lower priced pantry items. But, the 2 shows with $65 including the "must have" product is a good indicator that the "must have" product is more than $18. Hopefully more like $45. Somehow I have in my head that the 2 shows level will have 3 products in it. Was that in an HO e-mail or am I making that up? Likely the "must have" plus a pantry item and something else. It won't hurt to have some lower priced new products, just not all in the $12-18 range. Fingers are crossed for more things in the $30-40 range to average out the $8 products. Not too long to find out what they are!!!!

Tracy99

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011

That assumes that the 800 level would get all the new products. I didnt read the promo that way. I am also hoping that the rufth and the submit two shows packagea are separate and not bundled into the total.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
That assumes that the 800 level would get all the new products. I didnt read the promo that way. I am also hoping that the rufth and the submit two shows packagea are separate and not bundled into the total.

Well, in the past, the top level gets all of the products. I think since I've started there has only been one year when they didn't - and that year there was so much that there were actually two Sellathon months - one in June, and then more that you could earn in July.
The Submit Two Shows is a level also - and has always been included in the total. Since I started, there has been very little change in the way that Sellathon has been done.

The RUFTH used to be free for attending conference, so not sure about that one - plus I haven't seen a dollar value attached to it yet.

Last edited:

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
The SB is $1. Yup, I bet there are some lower priced pantry items. But, the 2 shows with $65 including the "must have" product is a good indicator that the "must have" product is more than $18. Hopefully more like $45. Somehow I have in my head that the 2 shows level will have 3 products in it. Was that in an HO e-mail or am I making that up? Likely the "must have" plus a pantry item and something else. It won't hurt to have some lower priced new products, just not all in the $12-18 range. Fingers are crossed for more things in the $30-40 range to average out the $8 products. Not too long to find out what they are!!!!

Yeah, I wasn't meaning that all of the products would be $18...just that the odds are that there will be a lot of lower priced products. OR a couple immensely pricey products! :D

And yes, I think the email from Jean said that there would be three products in the Submit Two Shows level.

Tracy99

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2011
Well, in the past, the top level gets all of the products. I think since I've started there has only been one year when they didn't - and that year there was so much that there were actually two Sellathon months - one in June, and then more that you could earn in July.
The Submit Two Shows is a level also - and has always been included in the total. Since I started, there has been very little change in the way that Sellathon has been done.

The RUFTH used to be free for attending conference, so not sure about that one - plus I haven't seen a dollar value attached to it yet.

Ok good to know. This is my first sat. I was kind of trying to guess from the spring sample packages, etc.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ok good to know. This is my first sat. I was kind of trying to guess from the spring sample packages, etc.

Yeah, the sample packages that you can purchase are usually a bit different. I think that's so people can purchase some items individually if they'd like, without having to buy a lot. but the packages that are available are close to the packages that you can earn, minus the products that are pulled out for individual purchase.

I thought I had a more recent sample saved of sellathon levels, but here's one from '08 that you can look at - this is how it's usually broken down for the levels.

Attachments

• sellathon_levels.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 311

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005

Actually the submit two show level is only included in the higher levels if you did two shows - which most do to get the higher levels. The director packages are the same as the highest level except they do not include the two show level, any July two show level, nor any recruiting level (there isn't always one of those but there have been in the past). I highly doubt the new RUFTH item will be included either since we earned it separately.

The $800 value is most likely all the products, including the revamped ones. The $6000 level + two show level is what they base it on usually (they are known to change things up). FYI if this is your first year: they include revamped products in the new product packages so we have the latest and the greatest so not all the items we are earning are brand new to the line. In the past the RUFTH item has not been included with the package. like Becky said, we used to get it at conference as a perk for attending. Not long now and we'll all know the answers to these pressing questions. :=)

Last edited:

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
With $800 being the value of all the products, I am betting there are additions to the cookware lines...

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure there are 4 products in the submit two shows level. Also, there is a new pantry line!

chefa

Advanced Member
Jul 21, 2009
Speaking of new products...I'm wondering what's going to be in the Product showcase room on Thursday since they don't usually announce new products until later in the conference.

Krista Burson

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2005
Speaking of new products...I'm wondering what's going to be in the Product showcase room on Thursday since they don't usually announce new products until later in the conference.

I'm thinking that we find out at the First General session since they are opening the product showcase room on Thursday (after general session if you notice the time)

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005

I got an email from someone at HO - not sure who now, and it said that they were going to announce the products at the first general session. Seems like they did that last year too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jcsmilez
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views