• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Have You Done With Your New Products Today?

In summary, the new cookie sheet worked well, the Teriyaki sauce was delicious, and the chicken pad Thai recipe was not to everyone's liking. The new vegetable wedger was easy to use, and the confetti salsa was a hit at the show.
magentablue
At lunch I made the Dim Sum from the new SB's. I baked them on the new cookie sheet, and dipped them in the new Teriyaki sauce. My husband and I loved them! Don't tell him, but I messed up the recipe and used a pound of meat instead of 8 oz. Oops! It still came out wonderfully!

For dinner I just made some potato wedges using the new vegetable wedger. You have to push down pretty hard, harder than I expected, but it didn't hurt or anything. It did make the job much quicker than using a knife. I sprayed my wedges with oil using my old spritzer, and sprinkled on some new chili lime rub. They're in the oven now, I can't wait to taste them! My chicken in the DCB, also using the chili lime rub is resting right now.

I'm sure you've all been busy with your new products too. How are you putting them to good use?

I haven't had a chance to try my MFP. The kids are still up, and DH scheduled his poker night for tonight on top of being at work all day. It's almost bed time, so I'll get to play with it soon!

I just made the Chicken Pad Thai recipe in the Seasons best. I used the MFP to cut up the green onions - and it worked pretty good. I had one piece left that was 1/2 long not cut - but everything else worked like a charm. As far as the recipe goes? It uses the DCB - and I love that, but I wasn't thrilled with the recipe. My other half liked it though.

Used the veggie wedger on both onions and then later on Oranges and loved it!

My cookie sheet is in the oven right now with a brick oven pizza cooking on it. Everything else is still sitting by the sink waiting to be washed and put away for the night.

Just got home to find my box on the door step! Cannot wait to go through all of them.

My box is still "on vehicle for delivery" and it's 8 p.m.!

Mine won't be delivered til Tuesday!!!

DebbieJ said:

I had a host in December who received her delivery from FedEx at 10 PM!

DebbieJ said:

Mine came late too! It was torture! BUT - at least it came ahead of schedule!

Glad I am not the only with "on vehicle for delivery" status! Guess it will be Monday! At least I got a clean house out of the wait, LOL! VA

I used the MFP on a pear, and it was fantastic--my daughter gobbled it up. Used the Veggie Wedger on an orange--I am super impressed. That sucker is SHARP. (A note on that--I washed it, and when drying the Wedger, my towel kept getting caughter on the serranted blades--I'm a tad worried that the kids will hurt themselves cleaning it.)
Made pasta & used the Scoop & Drain to take it out--worked like a charm. :)

Things are washed and I've poured through the new cookbooks twice making a list of what I want to prepare.

I made the confetti salsa from the catalog today, huge hit at my show

So excited to read your reviews and uses....thanks! We reviewed the DCB cookbook and my brother said he thinks he'll like 80% of them...which is AMAZING because he is super picky and silly when it comes to recipes. Going shopping tomorrow so I can play with the recipes in the cookbooks....there are quite a few on SB that I want to make!

I didn't have the ingredients in the house to make a salsa, but I did have some brown bananas... so I just used my mfp to make the batter for banana bread. I wasn't sure if it would all fit in there, but I went ahead anyway. Three bananas, check. Egg, baking soda, melted butter, salt, vanilla, sugar, check. Mush mush mush... everything was ok. But the flour was too much to fit in the bowl, so I had to dirty another bowl, which I didn't like.Of course, I could have done the whole thing in a regular bowl, and mashed the bananas with the fork, and that is what I'll do again in the future. I just really wanted to try my MFP out on something :) Mini scraper is cute, and it fits in between the ribs on the inside of the MFP. I didn't realize those ribs were there (or so prominent anyway) until I was trying to get my batter out of the MFP bowl.

magentablue said:
I didn't have the ingredients in the house to make a salsa, but I did have some brown bananas... so I just used my mfp to make the batter for banana bread. I wasn't sure if it would all fit in there, but I went ahead anyway. Three bananas, check. Egg, baking soda, melted butter, salt, vanilla, sugar, check. Mush mush mush... everything was ok. But the flour was too much to fit in the bowl, so I had to dirty another bowl, which I didn't like.

Of course, I could have done the whole thing in a regular bowl, and mashed the bananas with the fork, and that is what I'll do again in the future. I just really wanted to try my MFP out on something :)

Mini scraper is cute, and it fits in between the ribs on the inside of the MFP. I didn't realize those ribs were there (or so prominent anyway) until I was trying to get my batter out of the MFP bowl.
Use the Mix N Chop instead of a fork

Pamperedva said:
Glad I am not the only with "on vehicle for delivery" status! Guess it will be Monday! At least I got a clean house out of the wait, LOL! VA
Don't expect them on Monday, FedEx doesn't normally do home deliveries on Monday.

PCJenni said:
I made the confetti salsa from the catalog today, huge hit at my show

What did you make along with it? I'd like to make this also, but feel there should be something else????

Rec'd my products last night. I used the MFP to scramble my eggs this morning! Worked PERFECTLY!!!!

mom4angela said:
What did you make along with it? I'd like to make this also, but feel there should be something else????

My consultant friend and I were talking about doing chicken your way (or chicken in dcb) with the chili lime rub, and putting the mango salsa over it.

Mine will be delivered on Mon. WE get deliveries here on Mon instead of Sat

Just used mfp to make chicken salad & OMG! Love it!! Took 5 min or less & I used bar board, 5" santoku & mhp! De-lish!! It was so easy.

wadesgirl said:
Don't expect them on Monday, FedEx doesn't normally do home deliveries on Monday.

We actually don't have Saturday delivery but do have Monday delivery. I told my husband that I couldn't wait to see my "boyfriend" tomorrow. He laughed and said I always like seeing my boyfriend better than him LOL

magentablue said:
My consultant friend and I were talking about doing chicken your way (or chicken in dcb) with the chili lime rub, and putting the mango salsa over it.

sounds delicious. what time should I come over?:chef:

I bought a mango at the store today just so I could test out the mango wedger. I'm thinking the mango wasn't ripe enough because it didn't work all that well. Anyone else have that problem?

Tried the MFP on cheddar cheese - not so great.

BUT - it worked beautifully for the onions I had to chop!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby mix n scraper! I want about 6 of them I think!

magentablue said:

LOVE this idea!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Tried the MFP on cheddar cheese - not so great.

BUT - it worked beautifully for the onions I had to chop!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby mix n scraper! I want about 6 of them I think!
They are so cute I want a bunch of them too!

Tried the MFP for chicken salad. The cooked chicken was in chunks. It was hard processing it. It took several pumps and it didn't do much to break up the chicken. I added some mayo and it got a little better. Not the best use for it.

Becca_in_MD said:
Tried the MFP for chicken salad. The cooked chicken was in chunks. It was hard processing it. It took several pumps and it didn't do much to break up the chicken. I added some mayo and it got a little better. Not the best use for it.

Ah nuts. And here they said it would be all good for that!

leftymac said:
Ah nuts. And here they said it would be all good for that!

Chefa above said she made chicken salad and it worked great. Maybe we should find out what she did.

wadesgirl said:
Chefa above said she made chicken salad and it worked great. Maybe we should find out what she did.

I will be trying it myself when I get mine on Tuesday!

I made the strawberry ice in SB, mine turned out like a sauce not frozen. Must have over processed? Will try again. Now need pound cake to put the "sauce" on. :)

Also made the salsa. Next time I'd seed/vein the pepper. I didn't b/c it didn't call for it, but family felt it was too hot. My "small" onion only put about 1/2 of it in and processed with other ingred. as directed. Didn't have room for full 2 cups of tomatoes so added them in 2 batches.

When I watched the video looked like they had less onion than I used.

Next I'm going to try the coconut lime recipe in SB. Will post how it turns out.

My husband and I made the salsa today using the MFP, it worked incredibly well, I used my old salsa recipe and had no problems at all (from the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas). We then did a very quick clean up (my husband LOVED this facet) and made sorbet out of frozen berries. We used about 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 tsp of sweet n low, and orange juice (I eyed this - I'm guessing about 1/4 cup, but add in smaller amounts until you know you have the consistency you want). It was AMAZING!!!!! In fact, my husband (the critic) said this is the recipe I should use to sell it. It was simple, fast, and I have a frozen dessert with no additives, all natural sugars, etc. It had the consistency of sorbet, not runny at all. However, I checked more than once to make sure the consistency was what I wanted as I was pumping. Yum!!! we will be making this recipe often.

Oh - and then I used my small scoop to scoop it into a small bowl for serving - it looked beautiful!

My again - I also used the fresh salsa in my Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake. I made the salsa while the meat was cooking. I then used the new cheese grater to grate the cheese on top and used the new scoop and drain to drain the meat. The fresh salsa in this recipe really made a big difference, my husband raved over it!

flemings99 said:
I made the strawberry ice in SB, mine turned out like a sauce not frozen. Must have over processed? Will try again. Now need pound cake to put the "sauce" on. :)

Also made the salsa. Next time I'd seed/vein the pepper. I didn't b/c it didn't call for it, but family felt it was too hot. My "small" onion only put about 1/2 of it in and processed with other ingred. as directed. Didn't have room for full 2 cups of tomatoes so added them in 2 batches.

When I watched the video looked like they had less onion than I used.

Next I'm going to try the coconut lime recipe in SB. Will post how it turns out.
It said you can use right away or freeze. I'm betting right away it won't be as solid but you should put it in the freezer if you want frozen balls.

I used freshly boiled chicken that was cooked w/salt pepper garlic & onion; drained most of the liquid, cooled down & torn into pieces about half to 3/4 inch in size. First tossed in onion chunks and celery & processed then chicken pieces almost to the brim. 6 pumps got me chunky salad but I like mine finer so I prob pumped another 10 or 12 times. Dumped into a larger bowl to add mayo & it was ready.

chefa said:
I used freshly boiled chicken that was cooked w/salt pepper garlic & onion; drained most of the liquid, cooled down & torn into pieces about half to 3/4 inch in size. First tossed in onion chunks and celery & processed then chicken pieces almost to the brim. 6 pumps got me chunky salad but I like mine finer so I prob pumped another 10 or 12 times. Dumped into a larger bowl to add mayo & it was ready.
You don't mention this specifically, but the order of ingredients according to wetness and density matters. Thanks for the reminder.

Coarse Microplane worked GREAT on colby jack cheese tonight. For people who dislike the rotary grater, you're going to love this.

Used the Stoneware Cookie Sheet. I'll still use my rectangle stone, but having the handles was nice. Perhaps the rectangle stone will disappear like the earlier round stones did once the handles were added.

made the saffron risotto with asparagus tonight. changed it a little. skipped the saffron as I didn't feel like making a special trip to purchase some. and cooked the asparagus in the oven with sliced garlic and a little evoo. used my grill pan and grilled some shrimp and scallops. Definitely not a recipe for a show, but the risotto was so delicious and creamy. Will make it next time I want to impress company.

I only earned the MFP but I love it! I used it to make some lunch. I added half an onion and two Roma Tomatoes and off I went. I "gussied up" some left over chili. Wonderful! I had a consultant ask though why the lid does not screw on. She said her lid keeps falling off. I had to laugh. I used mine and never had an issue. Besides, basics physics says you do not want do that with something that contains something that spins. Sounds funny so if any one asks, you can not screw the lid on because the centrifrical (I know I can't find the right spelling) force of the spinning blade will actually tighten the lid even more if it were screwed on. This would be a problem of course.) I mean, you do want to get to the food right? Oh and I got some tortilla chips, sprayed on a bit of oil, sprinkled on some Chili Lime Rub and popped them in the oven for 10 minutes! WOW! These beat the ones you can get in the store by a long shot!

Becca
Did the stoneware cookie sheet seem heavier?

I made the Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad from the Make It Fresh, Make it Healthy cookbook. YUM. Was a big hit with my family!

Also, I got my Director Kit, but I haven't gotten my MFP yet. Hopefully it will come Tuesday!

chefa said:
Becca
Did the stoneware cookie sheet seem heavier?

Had to go back to the kitchen to pick them both up. The cookie sheet is a bit heavier than the rectangle stone. When I picked it up at Launch, I was surprised at how heavy it was, but now that I compare it to the rectangle it's not that heavy. Hmmm.

Had to make a second trip to the kitchen to compare dimensions. The rectangle fits right on the cookie sheet. I was trying to compare surface baking area. The rectangle ends right where the handles on the cookie sheet start so length cooking surface is the same. For depth (I'm never good with which measurement is which), the cookie sheet has an extra 3/4" on each side. Thickness seemed to be the same on both.

Today I made Chili-Lime Chicken Nachos.

I used the MFP to chop the chicken - which was fine once I divided it in half and did 1 cup at a time. I was using cold chicken which I had de-boned on Friday. I think if it had been freshly cooked chicken, it would have worked better.

Then I used it to do bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, and red onion. That was great! Worked beautifully for those.

I used the Coarse Microplane Grater to do a marble cheddar - and I'm seriously in love with that thing! It worked better for grating the cheese than the rotary grater, or the UM! So quick and easy!

The Chili Lime Rub is going to be my new All Purpose, use for everything rub! (Sorry, Greek Rub - I'll still use you too!) I was eating the chili-lime sour cream off the spoon. And John - I love your idea of sprinkling it on tortilla chips! YUM!

the other product I used was the mini mix n scraper. I LOVE it! I want a bunch of them now! They should have made that pink for May!

Thanks to everyone who is reporting their progress...it's good info!

We did salsa of just tomatoes and serranos in the MFP...definitely need to cut ingredients into small chunks...we had to pump it a bit too much. Will be working and tweaking til we get it right!

Also did avocados in the MFP....worked awesome...but we're lazy and think we'll stick with the mix n chop as the clean up is easier.

Used our cookie sheet to make 3 batches of cookies! Worked PERFECTLY! We love it!

My 2 year old son used the scoop and drain last night to play catch with a fabric ball. :) He sure liked it! My mother in law said "Oh, I could have used that a few days ago to get the ground beef out of the pan".

I didn't earn the rest, but I really really want the mango slicer! I'll be ordering it today!!

Nep2nfly said:
We used about 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 tsp of sweet n low, and orange juice (I eyed this - I'm guessing about 1/4 cup, but add in smaller amounts until you know you have the consistency you want). It was AMAZING!!!!! In fact, my husband (the critic) said this is the recipe I should use to sell it. It was simple, fast, and I have a frozen dessert with no additives, all natural sugars, etc. It had the consistency of sorbet, not runny at all. However, I checked more than once to make sure the consistency was what I wanted as I was pumping. Yum!!! we will be making this recipe often.

Doesn't sweet n low count as an additive and a fake sugar?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Products and Tips
Replies