• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Would You Like to See "Retired"?

I love the ice cream sandwich maker for making hamburgers!! I sell tons of these because of it. They make perfect 1/4 pound burgers. They also come out perfectly shaped so they cook evenly. No more dry outsides and undercooked insides.I think the wine bottle opener should be restyled as well.
MissChef said:
I always brush a little lemon juice on my kids apple and they always say they don't taste it and that it's not brown. One idea that that my original director/recruiter use to tell me she did was to use the apple wedger but don't do it all the way and then pull the wedger off and put peices back up into the whole apple shape and wrap a clean rubber band around it. She says it works perfectly. I've never done it because I never have a "clean" rubberband!:rolleyes: ;) :)

I do this all the time for DH's lunch - instead of a rubber band, I just wrap it tight in Saran Wrap. We are big lovers of apples w/ peanut butter, and this makes it so easy for him to take it in his lunch. There is never any problem with the apple browning.

ChefBeckyD said:
I do this all the time for DH's lunch - instead of a rubber band, I just wrap it tight in Saran Wrap. We are big lovers of apples w/ peanut butter, and this makes it so easy for him to take it in his lunch. There is never any problem with the apple browning.
Us too! Have you ever made any of the peanut butter dips that are in a few of our cookbooks? The one in the old Kids In the Kitchen Cookbook is really good! My Husband use to think we were crazy, the kids and I, until about 2 months ago, he went ahead and tried it, and ate 2 apples and finished off the dip! Most of the time I'd make it and the kids and I would have extra for later, well not anymore, my husband loved it!

Becky, the more I read about you, the more I realize we are a lot alike! I look forward to looking on threads that I've posted on to see if you have too because a lot of times you'll respond to me and we have very simular opinions and/or do the same things! Like you said before... what they say about great minds.....:p :D ;)

Last edited:
Oh and thanks Becky for the tip about the saran wrap, I think I'll try it! I bought some of that Press and Seal stuff when it was on sale before the holidays and I'm in love with that stuff! :love: :love: Have you tried it?

Another thing that you can do to keep apples from turning brown is to wash the flesh of the apple after you slice it. Adds no flavor yet keeps the apple from turning brown. Just use cold water and rub it with your hands. I know it sounds crazy, but try it, you'll be amazed. I would think that it would even work if you cored your apple and then rinsed it and rub your finger down in the cavity. You can actually feel a little "slime" on the apple being rinsed off when you do it.

Livin' in apple country,

Thanks ladies, for all the great ideas.
My daughter loves apples for lunch. I usually wash and send it in whole and she eats it that way. I am always looking for new ideas for her lunch. She also loves apples and peanut butter. If I cut up the apple and put it in her lunch they would turn brown so I will try one of these ideas.
Thanks again!

MissChef said:
Oh and thanks Becky for the tip about the saran wrap, I think I'll try it! I bought some of that Press and Seal stuff when it was on sale before the holidays and I'm in love with that stuff! :love: :love: Have you tried it?

My Mom, and my MIL both LOVE press n seal - and I tried to, but ended up giving mine to my mom. It's probably because I am hopelessly uncoordinated, and it kept sticking everywhere but where it was supposed to.......I ended up always wading it into little balls, and then pulling out my Saran Wrap (and the only plastic wrap I like is the Saran Wrap Premium - it's thicker!:D )

And Cathy, our very favorite Peanut Butter Dip is called Amish Peanut Butter. We had it first at a weekend getaway in Indiana Amish Country, and it is addictive! it's 1 Cup Peanut Butter, 1 Cup Maple Syrup, and 1/2 Cup Marshmallow Cream.....yummy! We love it on apples, celery, toast, ice cream, even just on a spoon!

ChefBeckyD said:
My Mom, and my MIL both LOVE press n seal - and I tried to, but ended up giving mine to my mom. It's probably because I am hopelessly uncoordinated, and it kept sticking everywhere but where it was supposed to.......I ended up always wading it into little balls, and then pulling out my Saran Wrap (and the only plastic wrap I like is the Saran Wrap Premium - it's thicker!:D )

And Cathy, our very favorite Peanut Butter Dip is called Amish Peanut Butter. We had it first at a weekend getaway in Indiana Amish Country, and it is addictive! it's 1 Cup Peanut Butter, 1 Cup Maple Syrup, and 1/2 Cup Marshmallow Cream.....yummy! We love it on apples, celery, toast, ice cream, even just on a spoon!
Shoot! That's the best way!!! :p I'll have to try your recipe! Thanks!:)

Am I the only one that's not loving the new kitchen shears? Too weak of a spring and my blades don't close all the way!!

BTW, I send my daughter to school with the apple cut almost all the way from the Apple Wedger...we call it "magic apples" and she gets to impress her friends!

Chefstover2 said:
Am I the only one that's not loving the new kitchen shears? Too weak of a spring and my blades don't close all the way!!

BTW, I send my daughter to school with the apple cut almost all the way from the Apple Wedger...we call it "magic apples" and she gets to impress her friends!

I heard they had a defective batch when they first sent out the one's that were earned from the sell-a-thon. I don't know why they didn't announce it so that everyone could get theirs replaced. I sent mine back when they completely fell apart on me. I still don't like them as much as the old white ones!

I agree, I think they need to bring the white ones back, they work much better!

I agree too - I hate the new kitchen shears. I love the way the old ones were "one handed" - you could reach for them, squeeze and they were open (all the while holding the meat or whatever you are cutting, in the other hand). With the new ones, it takes two hands - one to grab and one to remove the little cover. I have gotten to where I leave the cover off and just put them down in my TTA. and btw, I've had the same comments from a couple customers!

oil spritzer, large serving tong

chefjwr said:
oil spritzer, large serving tong

No don't take my oil spritzers away! I love those babies! They work perfect without getting everything sticky from the propellant that Pam has!

I do like the old ones better! I wish they would have just made them black and not changed the design!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefPeg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • raebates