• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Essential Products to See in Person?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a discussion of the different sample packages available for consultants to purchase and the products that were recommended to be seen in person rather than just viewed in the catalog. The conversation also touched on personal budgets and the decision-making process for purchasing products. Some specific products that were mentioned were the collapsible bowl, grilling basket, and dots dinnerware set. The consultants also discussed the upcoming kit enhancement month in April and the possibility of getting sample products at a discounted price. Finally, there was a question about whether or not the sample products could be purchased at a discounted price during the current kit enhancement month.
jenf
What Sample Package would you recommend? What products do you think are important to see in person as opposed to viewing them from the catalog? I can't afford to buy the large package this time so I am trying to decided what I really need. Any thoughts?

I still need to place my order but everyone is talking about the collaspable bowl.

collapsible bowl - for sure. I think the grilling basket is nice in person, too. oooh, and the pinch bowls. (those 3 are all open stock.) Maybe the pkg with the med sheet pan, etc.

I got all the open stock w/some of pc dollars & I am going to get the big package when I get the $$$.

Just a reminder - sample packages will only be available for current consultants until the end of March. So if you're waiting to place an order, plan to order before the end of March.

I know! I HAVE to come up w/the money if not I will DIE!!

I'm adding in the grill basket, collapsible bowl and can't decide on the dots 16 pc set - I love it but should I splurge?? All my husband says is "how much will it cost me??" LOL
Of course I'm using PC dollars earned in Dec so it's all free anyway!

I decided on the $75 package. It has enough of the new products that I can use. I like the napking and placemat set because I can match them with the fall/winter set. Also, the new avocado and grapefruit knife, salad plates, and bread knife. I can order the scrapers, chef's tools, oven pad and medium sheet pan on a regular order in March with my consultant discount. It's not as much as half off, but I don't need all that stuff. I would suggest you purchase as much as you can afford. If you can't use the products, then you can use them as booking incentive gifts, etc. Another tax write-off!

You'll also be able to get things at 40% off during Kit Enhancement month in April. Better than the personal discount, but not quite as good as the sample package price. Just another option. :)

chefann said:
Just a reminder - sample packages will only be available for current consultants until the end of March. So if you're waiting to place an order, plan to order before the end of March.

I was just trying to determine what the cut-off date was last night. Since I couldn't really find any date - I was assuming we had much longer! So I am glad you posted the info! I might have missed out. It just takes me so long to make a decision!

Speaking of trying to make a decision - what is holding me up is the SA dots dinnerware set.

Is anyone ordering this? I'm tempted since it is at a good price, but I have a lot of dishes. It is my weakness - which is probably why I am debating on getting the set.

For those who have seen it/have it - is it worth it?

Other than that, I am ordering Package C, and from Open Stock: Grill Basket, Pinch Bowl set and 10" saute. I may get the wine bottle opener to demo at shows.

Definitely the Grill Basket, collapsible bowl, and a sheet pan. The cookware protectors and the outdoor serving set would be good. I know that's not necessarily helpful b/c it's probably in separate sets, but I think that's what people will like to see. I do think that the Grill Basket will be noticeable and people have wanted it without seeing it in person, but I want it for my expos!!

What I did was highlight products that I wanted for my kitchen and to show at shows from each grouping. This gave me a better look at which packages I should purchase. Anything with more than half is worth it to me. I purchased C & D plus open stock Collapsible Bowl, Grill Basket and one more item I cannot remember off the top of my head!

I know it's a stupid question, but ...This is my kit enhancement month ... can I get the sample products at 40 percent off the price in the outlet?I think I know the answer ... but I had to ask!

If February is your kit enhancement month - the new products aren't technically available until March. Plus you can get them cheaper through sample packages. Or wait until April if you can't afford them now and just order the few you would like (if you're not crazy about the packages)

Di_Can_Cook said:
I know it's a stupid question, but ...

This is my kit enhancement month ... can I get the sample products at 40 percent off the price in the outlet?

I think I know the answer ... but I had to ask!

Sample products are already at 50% off, it doesn't get any better than that.

As for the outlet, that's a no too. Outlet purchases are only available online. Your kit enhancement is 1 of each item in the current catalog up to $500.

In my experience, I have found that, it seems like the lower level you can earn in a sell-a-thon are the products you will end up "needing" the most at your shows. ($1500 level, in this case)
I also agree that the collapsible bowl is a must have item. It has been very well-received so far!!

Other than that, I'd say to look at it from the angle of...
1. Do I NEED this item to be able to sell it, show it, use it, at a show?
2. If I were not selling PC, would I still want this product for myself?

If the answer is yes to both of these questions, you will want to figure out a way to buy it. Otherwise, just get what products fit in this category, and add others as you can afford to.

Hope that helps!
Paula

I have to place my order next week.......... I am thinking about ordering the large package... and some open stock stuff

kam said:
I was just trying to determine what the cut-off date was last night. Since I couldn't really find any date - I was assuming we had much longer! So I am glad you posted the info! I might have missed out. It just takes me so long to make a decision!

Speaking of trying to make a decision - what is holding me up is the SA dots dinnerware set.

Is anyone ordering this? I'm tempted since it is at a good price, but I have a lot of dishes. It is my weakness - which is probably why I am debating on getting the set.

For those who have seen it/have it - is it worth it?

Other than that, I am ordering Package C, and from Open Stock: Grill Basket, Pinch Bowl set and 10" saute. I may get the wine bottle opener to demo at shows.

I really want the dots set and my DH said to go ahead and get it:love: Can we just say I love him but what is holdingh me off is it is a set of 4 and we have 5 in my family. I did mention it to DH and he said so get 2 sets I will have to wait for set #2 but I also am having a hard time buying 2 sets at that price.

Jennie4PC said:
I really want the dots set and my DH said to go ahead and get it:love: Can we just say I love him but what is holdingh me off is it is a set of 4 and we have 5 in my family. I did mention it to DH and he said so get 2 sets I will have to wait for set #2 but I also am having a hard time buying 2 sets at that price.

Funny, because even though I am debating getting it, DH told me that I could get it if I wanted.

I was just wondering how the SA holds up for everyday use.

I am only familiar with the serving pieces - but (I think) I did hear a lot of concerns about the silverware leaving marks on the app plates (??).

I see you predicament about getting it - needing to buy 2 sets.

I'm using the dots every day. Just got the set, and need to clear out the cupboards for it.
I don't see marks on the plates and we use silverware on them.

kam said:
Funny, because even though I am debating getting it, DH told me that I could get it if I wanted.

I am only familiar with the serving pieces - but (I think) I did hear a lot of concerns about the silverware leaving marks on the app plates (??).

Silverware can leave marks on just about any dish. The grey marks are actually metal rubbing off the flatware. Barkeeper's Friend (or our SS cleaner) will take the marks off easily.

kspry said:
I'm using the dots every day. Just got the set, and need to clear out the cupboards for it.
I don't see marks on the plates and we use silverware on them.

chefann said:
Silverware can leave marks on just about any dish. The grey marks are actually metal rubbing off the flatware. Barkeeper's Friend (or our SS cleaner) will take the marks off easily.

OK, I think I will get the set! I wanted to so bad - I just needed to be pushed a little. It is so cute! And the new mugs look neat! Now to find a place for it!

I am buying sample package C and the collapseable(sp?) bowl.

The collaspable bowl is really nice. I think it could even double as a serving tray when it is collasped. On a side note, be sure to carefully check your carton(s) when you get your samples. I ordered package A and when it arrived today half of it was missing! I've already done an adjustment but what a hassle!

kam said:

I have used SA as my dinnerwear since the first white plates came out...however long ago that was! And I love them!! Like Ann said Bar Keepers Friend or our Stainless Cleaner work awesome to get the marring off of them!!

I have 8 medium white squares and 8 medium cranberry squares along with tons of square bowls, small plates, and all the new dots too. I just don't have room to put the new set :cry: :cry: ...guess that means I don't need it!:cry: :cry:

Warning>>>>>>
Jennie4PC said:
I still need to place my order but everyone is talking about the collaspable bowl.

Thread highjack...Warning!!

Hey Jennie,

I emailed you my DSIL's #s but your email came back???? Email me again will you??:)

What are the best sample products to suggest for a beginner cook?

The best sample products to suggest for a beginner cook would be our essential kitchen tools such as a chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, and a non-stick skillet. These products will provide a solid foundation for any beginner cook to start with.

Can you recommend sample products for baking?

For baking, we recommend our silicone baking mats, a rolling pin, a set of mixing bowls, and our classic batter bowl. These products will make baking easier and more enjoyable for any home baker.

What sample products would be useful for meal prep and food storage?

Our meal prep and food storage products are highly recommended for anyone looking to save time and stay organized in the kitchen. We suggest our food chopper, meal prep containers, and our pantry storage set for keeping ingredients fresh and easily accessible.

Are there any sample products specifically for grilling and outdoor cooking?

Absolutely! For grilling and outdoor cooking, we have a variety of products to choose from such as our BBQ grill pan, grill tools set, and our marinade and seasoning mixers. These products will help enhance the flavor and ease of cooking outdoors.

What are some sample products that would be perfect for hosting a party?

For hosting a party, we recommend our entertaining and serveware products such as our cheese board set, serving platters, and our wine bottle opener. These products will make entertaining guests a breeze and add a touch of elegance to any gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chef.suz
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JenniK
  • esavvymom