• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Have You Done With Your New Products Today?

In summary, the new cookie sheet worked well, the Teriyaki sauce was delicious, and the chicken pad Thai recipe was not to everyone's liking. The new vegetable wedger was easy to use, and the confetti salsa was a hit at the show.
I used my MFP last night to make omlettes. It was amazing. I put onion, green pepper and ham in the MFP and gave it a few pumps until they were the size I wanted. Then I cracked a couple eggs in and gave it about 5-10 pumps. Poured it in the 8" skillet and then added S&P and grated cheese into it with the MP Course Grater. It worked SO good for omlettes. I'm thinking I might have to use it a LOT more often! Love the mini mix n scraper, too! And I'm sure they made it especially for use with the MFP since it does fit between the ridges on the inside of the MFP so perfectly. I also used the veggie wedger to cut my onions down to size for the mfp. I'll use it to cut the onions for the rush hour fajitas in the DCB, too. I used to use my apple wedger, but now I don't have to worry about having onions that will fit inside it!

Has anyone used the veggie wedger to make 2 cuts? The directions say "for finer cuts, left the blade and turn" or something like that. It would be nice to know if it is possible to even keep the veggie together for the second cut.

So far I've used the new cookie sheet, mango wedger, MFP, coarse grater, veggie wedger, and mini mix n scraper. So far so good on all of them!

I made the Mexican Chicken Napoleons with Fresh Fruit Salsa for dinner last night. I thought it was pretty good. My husband thought it was just ok, but loved the pineapple kiwi salsa that went with it. Agree that the coarse grater is great for cheese! I am not a fan of the rotary grater, and the UM seems like a pain to clean just to grate a little cheese (it's really not...but that's my perception). My only wish is that instead of two similar microplane graters, we had just one with changeable blades. Storage space is an issue for me, and with many of my customers--lots of bungalows with small kitchens in my neighborhood. That's another challenge for me with the new wedgers--love them all, but where am I going to put them? And yet, each one is unique enough to have advantages.

The mango wedger is awesome! We love mangos but I did always find them challenging to dissect....using the wedger was fast and easy. And honestly, people commented on the waste, but I wasted more when I mangle it up with a knife.

Dotty said:
Has anyone used the veggie wedger to make 2 cuts? The directions say "for finer cuts, left the blade and turn" or something like that. It would be nice to know if it is possible to even keep the veggie together for the second cut.

We didn't last night but decided that if you wanted to you couldn't push through all the way the first time.

Dotty said:
Doesn't sweet n low count as an additive and a fake sugar?

I consider sweet n low as fake sugar too. Can't use it; anything with this or splenda... all make me sick. Plus find it overly sweet.

Dotty said:

I couldn't seem to master keeping them together for the 2nd cut. Would love to hear if someone has done it and any tips.

Dotty said:

I did this yesterday with a medium-ish orange. I had a friend here, and she had to help hold the already cut orange together so that I could place the wedger on top again. It did cut it again for thinner slices, but really squished it (I actually drank the pressed orange juice out of the bottom of the wedger! :) ).

I don't know if it would work better on an onion or potato...

Last night I made grilled chicken (used the citrus basil rub) and put the mango salso over it... it was excellent! Not just for chips!

I want my kit dang it!!!! I guess it just takes longer to get to South Texas! I am dying to get my goodies!

I'm still twiddling my thumbs & waiting for my boxes too. ;)

Dotty said:

How about using Agave? I wonder if that could work well in this frozen dessert? I wonder how much to use?

babywings76 said:
How about using Agave? I wonder if that could work well in this frozen dessert? I wonder how much to use?

Agave is sweeter than sugar. I'd start with half the amount, and add a bit more if needed. I use agave, raw honey, and coconut palm sugar. I would use any of those in place of the sugar without any qualms.
Some people like Stevia too, and I'm sure that would work well.

Tried the sweet and sour sauce tonight on some chicken I grilled in the grill pan. I cut it in strips and grilled it till it got real sticky. It was SOOOOOOOOO good! THen I uded the awesome grill pan scraper to clean it. THat thing is fabulous! SO glad to have that. It scraped everything right off and it was all sticky and hard in the pan too. I also tried the chili lime on some tortillas in the oven. It was yummy! I am not a big chili season fan, butI did like it. :)

Dotty said:

I made it again today without it, and it was just as good - the sweet n low isn't needed.

We had Thai take out last night, and had spring rolls and crab rangoon with it. We used the Sweet & Sour sauce. It was good, but not $12 good. I can buy OR make just as good for at least half the price. And then, I checked the ingredients, and it contains wheat - so we won't be using it again. :(

We absolutely LOVE the Teriyaki Sauce with Honey. We had it with potstickers one night and then with baked tuna last night. I think it's the best one yet!! I am a huge fan of the Pineapple, Raspberry and Ginger Wasabi but this one is just too good!

I think the Sweet and Sour Sauce is good too. I hate coconut so I can't even stand the smell of the new dessert sauce but my DH LOVES it so it's also a winner here.

I made the mango salsa from the catalog last night. I wish they were more exact on how much of each ingredient. For instance 1/3 of a bell pepper could be a huge difference from one to another. We loved it though so I'll be practicing it more to get it "right". I think I'll leave out the Chili Lime Rub thought. Not thrilled with the flavor and IMHO this combination of fruits and veggies don't need any extra seasoning.

I love the mango wedger and the veggie wedger. Both very nice. I do wish the veggie wedger made the wedges a bit smaller though - I guess I should practice the extra cut thing...

The MFP is awesome. I used it for chicken salad (it didn't like chopping the chicken but eventually worked well for that) and for the salsa. Worked great but I ended up making the pieces smaller than I really wanted. Again, practice. I'm going to try mixing the Buffalo Chicken Dip in it and other things. I know we'll love it for Salsa (first thing DH said and he normally doesn't want anything to do with making our own salsa - go figure)! I do the pass around salsa at my shows when I do the Chicken Fajitas but it will now be done in the MFP. I'll still show the Salad Chopper for doing the chicken so it'll just add to the value of items shown and hopefully more sales/bookings.

BethCooks4U said:
We absolutely LOVE the Teriyaki Sauce with Honey. We had it with potstickers one night and then with baked tuna last night. I think it's the best one yet!! I am a huge fan of the Pineapple, Raspberry and Ginger Wasabi but this one is just too good!

I think the Sweet and Sour Sauce is good too. I hate coconut so I can't even stand the smell of the new dessert sauce but my DH LOVES it so it's also a winner here.

I made the mango salsa from the catalog last night. I wish they were more exact on how much of each ingredient. For instance 1/3 of a bell pepper could be a huge difference from one to another. We loved it though so I'll be practicing it more to get it "right". I think I'll leave out the Chili Lime Rub thought. Not thrilled with the flavor and IMHO this combination of fruits and veggies don't need any extra seasoning.

I love the mango wedger and the veggie wedger. Both very nice. I do wish the veggie wedger made the wedges a bit smaller though - I guess I should practice the extra cut thing...

I've cut oranges, grapefruit, and apples with it, and I cannot see any way to do an extra cut on any of them. It cuts all the way through, and the pieces fall apart. However, I LOVE the way it cuts! We love roasted beets, but they can be so messy, and they stain hands terribly. I'm planning on roasted root veggies for dinner - beets, red potatos, carrots, and onion, and I'll wedge everything except the carrots w/ the new veggie wedger.

ChefBeckyD said:
I've cut oranges, grapefruit, and apples with it, and I cannot see any way to do an extra cut on any of them. It cuts all the way through, and the pieces fall apart. However, I LOVE the way it cuts! We love roasted beets, but they can be so messy, and they stain hands terribly. I'm planning on roasted root veggies for dinner - beets, red potatos, carrots, and onion, and I'll wedge everything except the carrots w/ the new veggie wedger.

If you don't slice all the way through on the first slice I think you should be able to make a 2nd slice. Haven't tried it though.

wadesgirl said:
If you don't slice all the way through on the first slice I think you should be able to make a 2nd slice. Haven't tried it though.

It's so sharp, and slices so quickly - I wasn't able to stop without going all the way through. :eek: I thought about only going half way through, but it was actually easier to just slice the fruit, and then slice those slices w/ a paring knife.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's so sharp, and slices so quickly - I wasn't able to stop without going all the way through. :eek: I thought about only going half way through, but it was actually easier to just slice the fruit, and then slice those slices w/ a paring knife.

I wonder if you can slice it the "wrong" way - not the way where the handles go down all the way to give yourself a little bit of a stopping point. You would want to go a little further than that point by moving the handles back to their proper spot. This may give you stopping power so you don't force it all the way through. Might have to try it out tonight!

We did shrimp with the Chili lime rub....just drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the chili lime rub. Put the shrimp on the skewers and cooked on the grill. Only takes 5 minutes on each side. EVERYONE LOVED IT!!!! My family wants it anytime they said.

Betsy

Still waiting for my kit!!!!!!! I want it.

Tonight I made the Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Crisps.

Tonight I made the Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Crisps

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3545.jpg

Tomorrow is the Turkey Pesto Ravioli and Mexican Chicken Napoleons

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views