• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New uses for products!! Share your experience here!

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
So tonight I found a new use for the salad spinner bowl.

Here's my story. I want to showcase my new cake pedestal at a party I'm hosting tomorrow night (for a different DS company). I made a very simple 9" round cake. After baking, frosting, and decorating with the new Lemon Sprinkles I had a wonderfully simple cake. I didn't want to ruin it by putting plastic wrap over it, but I don't want it to dry out.

My salad spinner was sitting on my counter needing to be washed. Viola!! The bowl looked like a perfect candidate, some water and Dawn and 30 seconds later I had a beautiful cover on my cake!!

23685_10150100743460314_895215313_11192938_7516334_n.jpg

Share new uses you've found for products!!

mscharf

Advanced Member
Oct 19, 2008
I tell this to all of my guests, even before the cake pedestal! I love to have more than one use for EVERYTHING, especially high ticket items!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Shelby! You're a genius! add a little duct-tape and you have a Cake Carrier for our pedestal! (haha- kidding...sort of). Do love that idea though!

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Great idea. I never use the salad spinner so now I have a use for it. Thanks for sharing.

ChefCat

Jan 29, 2010
Awesome idea Shelby!

akrebecca

Rebecca M.
Silver Member
Sep 20, 2008
I heard on an audio file on CC about someone using the quick stir for their delicates. Shared that at a show and a guest said she has used the salad spinner for removing extra water from her delicates.

ChefCat

Jan 29, 2010
The salad spinner has been used to wring out bathing suits camping.

There are other posts about the many uses of PC products, some of my favorites are:

Stackable cooling rack under laptops for circulation.

TTA for office/craft use.

Citrus peeler to de-vein shrimp.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Great tip, Shelby! I love that idea! :)

sassypip

Silver Member
Jun 23, 2009
Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Manda2831

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2009
Citrus peeler to de-vein shrimp.

Oh, that's awesome! I hate de-veining shrimp and lost the little curved knife that I had that helped me do it. I'm so using this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Shelby thanks for the excellent idea!! I was a little ticked that they didn't introduce a lid, but the the Salad Spinner bowl will work GREAT!! I don't see people buying one just for that (especially at the price), but people who already have one will now have a great second use!! Maybe our April hosts will buy the spinner since they can get the cake pedestal for less than $16!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Apr 7, 2008
Awesome idea!! I kept wandering why PC did not include some sort of lid for transport and to keep the cakes from drying out. Now I can use it at shows, thanks!!!

pamperedharriet

Legacy Member
Jul 21, 2005
I showed the cake pedestal 3 times to friends stopping by to pick up their orders this week ( I just got mine Saturday) and all love the cake pedestal but want one with a cover. I am kicking off a fundraiser Sunday morning and I bet I'll get the same response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
CookieChick
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views