• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? Gift Ideas for a Loyal Preferred Customer

In summary, a real lady ordered almost $600 worth of products from me last night, and I'm at a loss as to what to give her as a gift. I'm thinking a basket of HWC items, like makeup, hair products, cookware, etc. would be the nicest thing. If I had more orders to make up as a party, I would put her name as the host so she could get 10% off for a year. GINNY, do the HWC basket!
Kitchen2u
Last night at my party, I had a REALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY nice lady order almost $600! I told her she could have a party of her own with that order, but she wanted the host to get the credit.

I want to give her a nice gift for the order, but am at loss. I was going to give her a Exec 8" Saute Pan, but at the last minute she added that one too. She really loves PC but doesn't want to have a party or nothing to do with the biz. So, I'd LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to keep her as a preferred customer, who wouldn't?

She is soooo sweet, I wouldn't be surprised if she refused the gift!

I have lots of retired items, I could make up a basket. I'm thinking maybe make-up a HWC basket (I noticed she had a pink sequined ribbon on her shirt) since this if the official Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have extra Exec cookware. What I DEFINITELY will do is the next time I have enough orders to make-up as a party, I'll put her name as the host sso she could get 10% fo r a year. What would YOU do?

Last edited:
I'd offer her the 10% discount on this order (that would be $60 though) or a certain dollar amount off. At 25% commission you'd make $150 (22% is $132 commission) on $600 order so even $25 would be good - it's generous but doesn't cut into your profit much either.

Woohoo Ginny! How AWESOME for you AND the host! So what was the show total? And what did you make?

Anyway, I think since $ doesn't seem to be an issue that she would be more TOUCHED by a HWC basket than either another piece of exec cookware or $ off. Especially since it's for a great cause and who knows, maybe she's been touched closely in her family or circle of friends by cancer. She's definitely aware and a supporter though so I think she'd LOVE the thoughtfulness of the basket. You could always include or add onto the show some tools for her exec cookware as an additional gift if you're feeling overly thankful :D JMO

I would go with the HWC basket as well.

I like the HWC basket idea, too. Maybe you could add a PC cookbook, so she has ideas for using all those tools. :)Isn't it heartwarming to find people who care more about helping their friend out than getting the freebies themselves?

My first thought was a cookbook.

HWC items and a cookbook - a nice thank you note as well.

I like the HWC basket idea. It seems like everyone has someone they either love or know who has been affected by breast cancer.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to do the HWC basket...a HUGE one...I bought extra HWC products for the last 8 years I've been doing PC. I'm going to be put one of each item...I called her and asked if she would be home tomorrow morning...didn't tell her why...YEAH, she's gong to be home!

Yes, Ann, I did find it VERY heartwarming she was more concerned for her good friend & host. I think that's ever more a reason I want to do this. Do something good...it comes back to you!

Jodi ~ the sales are at $1050 right now. She's collecting more orders today and we're closing out Saturday. The host is also a sweetie..she doesn't want it to stay open long ..."need to get this stuff in their hands!"

How exciting!! Ginny you are right do something good and it does come back to you!

I was going to suggest HWC basket or the cookbook ... probably both!

I had a host who basically ordered almost that much, though it was only $360 commission ... I found lots of ways to reward her that cost me nothing ... the past host didn't want the booking benefit so she got a second skillet at half price ... and the third one as a 50 percent off ...

I am with everyone else. Basket. :)
Good for you Ginny

Ginny...that is sweet that you want to reward her, and it sounds like you have the perfect idea that may touch her heart! HWC items will probably mean more to her than a discount on her order. You could also tell her that you will give her 10% off for the next year and just "make" up a discount card for her that she can only use through you. That way, if she needs or wants anything, she may call you!

Ginny, that's wonderful! I like the HWC basket idea, too. Your host must LOVE this woman.

If you guys met this lady, you can't help but fall in love with her...I'm off to her house this morning!

Ginny...so how did it go? Did she like the HWC stuff?

I think the HWC basket is such a fabulous idea for this lady OR any VIP customer! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! :love:

KellyTheChef said:
Ginny...so how did it go? Did she like the HWC stuff?

I wish you guys could meet her! She is a GEM! She LOVEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD the HWC basket. It brought tears to her eyes immediately. I ended up staying for about an hour and a half chatting about PC, her family, etc. She, her 2 daughters, mother and grandmother all are breast cancer survivors! She's sharing something from the basket with each of them. I had no idea. I don't think she wanted me to leave. So spending the time with her was really nice and I'm even MORE glad I did it.

About a half an hour into the visit, I said I better her get on with her day. She insisted I stay for a cup of tea...so I did. I feel like I'm one of her family now! She shared stories, pictures, etc. about every one of her family members. I told "gosh, I feel like I KNOW all of you now...thank you for sharing." She said then, "you are one of them too Ginny, thank you for sharing your time with me!"

So of course, I was compelled to stay longer and hear more. She's a really neat lady...she asked me to call her MOM...I was touched! I told her if I called her Mom, then she had me at a VERY young age...like 5 years old! She thought I was kidding, but I wasn't she didn't look or seem more than 5 years older than me. She's 71! OMG ~ she looks like she's about 55! Of course, that MADE her day! LOL

She and I shared pictures of our family, etc. I have a new "Mom" and my kids have a new "Gram." I love this part of the biz!

Just before I was going to leave, she asked me if I had a catalog with me. Mind you, I usually never have one (I carry mini catalogs and drawing slips). But since I did the party Thursday night, I actually had one lapboard in the back seat that I didn't take out...good thing...she placed another $800 order! Of course, I turned it into a party for her and told her all the benefits she would get for that. Guess what..."no, no, no, just put the party under my name so I get the 10% off, but you pick out what you want/need!" I put the order under a past host so she would get the 10% off, but she turned around and ordered more so the guest sales would be at $800!

THEN>>>>>>>>

She flipped the page to the Host Benefit page...and said..."wait, if I order $200 more...you'd get all this?" I told her yes, but that was not neccesary. But again, the sweet lady she was, she did! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

About that time one of her daughters came over and I got to meet her. She's just as sweet as her mother. She told her daughter what she was doing..."that's my Mom!" Part of me was fearing I would get a phone call from one of the kids saying I coerced her into buying (since checks are made out to me!

She was buying holiday gifts for all the kids, grandkids, sisters, neighbors, etc. Even her daughter told me to choose all the host gifts! She ended up having a $1120 party! Her daughter wants to have a party too!

BTW ~ when I was leaving she said that I would be her PC lady for life! Wahoo for me!!!

Now...I'm thinking...what kind of gift do I give her now?

Your time & your heart. :) I don't know what you could give her more than that. :)

Ginny - you could submit it as a fundraiser for HWC and then tell her that over $250 went to the ACS. Or you could just donate part of your commission to the ACS? I'm sure that would touch her as well. Or maybe offer to wrap all of her presents for her?

That is such a fabulous story! Thank you for sharing with us! It's women like her who make you KNOW that you are in the right place in your life!

Congratulation! Customer Service Example of the Year to you! One generous heart
deserves another. You truly are an inspiration to me, who is a tight wad if there ever was one.

Just this week, some customer service I did a year ago, came back to me via a phone
call with a person I did two adjustments for, wanting to have a party. I received her
guest list today, and it looks like we will be having a marvelous November party. It's
a Gift from God when we have these windfalls. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

GourmetGirl said:
Ginny - you could submit it as a fundraiser for HWC and then tell her that over $250 went to the ACS. Or you could just donate part of your commission to the ACS? I'm sure that would touch her as well. Or maybe offer to wrap all of her presents for her?

That's a FABULOUS idea!!!! Thanks for posting ~ I AM going to do this!!!! I'm going to call her RIGHT NOW!

Please know, I didn't post this for put myself up on a high pedastal by no means, if you know me...that's not me. I just wanted to share this story so maybe soemone would learn from the experience ~ good customer service comes without expecting ANYTHING is return.

That story reminded me of the "DREAM BIG" project we did at the Regional Meeting. That is such a sweet and inspirational story. Thanks for sharing it!

GourmetGirl said:

That is such a fabulous story! Thank you for sharing with us! It's women like her who make you KNOW that you are in the right place in your life!

I think that is a great idea. I think doing a HWC fundraiser is a great way to do it. Let her generosity go to a good cause.

linojackie said:
That story reminded me of the "DREAM BIG" project we did at the Regional Meeting.

Jackie ~ I don't remember that story at Regional...in Sacramento right? Refresh my POOR memory please...thanks!

UPDATE: I wasn't able to get ahold of her until this afternoon. I stopped on my way to my party.

She was THRILLED when I told here about turning it into a fundraiser. I also told her I was going to donate my ENTIRE commission in their names. As you can imagine, there were two grown ladies crying on her porch (I'm the type if I "see" someone crying, I join in!:cry:). I'm going to make the donation via Making Strides Walk on October 18 here in Sacramento, CA.

Thanks Alison for the suggestion to turn it into a fundraiser and to the rest of you for the great ideas. It was a very emotional, yet VERY happy moment for her.

Wow Ginny! I missed this entire thread!

CONGRATULATIONS! You MUST share this story with Jean JOnas!! You really do! You're such an inspiration! I love the FR idea.

How's your parents doing?

Taking time to listen to people is such a fabulous gift in itself. Ginny, it looks like you've found yourself a new friend for life. Enjoy each other!
Gail

Ginny...I am glad that you have met such a kind and generous person! God is blessing you because you BLESS OTHERS!!

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a cooking game that challenges players to come up with creative solutions to common kitchen dilemmas. It is designed to help players develop their cooking skills and problem-solving abilities.

2. How do you play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", players draw cards with different cooking scenarios and have to come up with a solution using the ingredients and tools provided. The other players then vote on the best solution and the winner earns points.

3. Can children play "What Would You Do?"

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is suitable for children ages 8 and up. It is a great game to introduce kids to cooking and help them develop their creativity and problem-solving skills.

4. Is there a time limit for playing "What Would You Do?"

There is no strict time limit for playing "What Would You Do?", but it is recommended to set a timer for each round to keep the game moving and ensure fairness for all players.

5. Are there expansion packs available for "What Would You Do?"

Yes, there are expansion packs available for "What Would You Do?" that include new scenarios, ingredients, and tools. These expansion packs can add more variety and challenge to the game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AmyDare
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies