• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will you help break last year's fundraising record for Help Whip Cancer month?

In summary, the conversation is about a fundraising event called Help Whip Cancer month in May 2009. The host is trying to break last year's record and is asking for pledges and venues to help raise funds. The conversation also mentions the use of pledge sheets and the promotion of the event through email and flyers. The host also mentions having already received pledges and is confident in reaching their fundraising goal. There is also a discussion about technical issues with the document and suggestions for using Word instead of Adobe.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Here is what I am sending out. Feel free to use any of this. I also included the host info I had as an atachement. I can not post the pledge sheet I am afraid it is too big in Word form so here is the .pdf. I will e-mail the Word version if you would like to use it.
Send me an e-mail - [email protected] and I will send it along.

"Help Whip Cancer month – May 2009 – is coming and I WILL break last years record fundraising party! Last year we did $4260 in sales with a donation amount of $1999.20.

First I want you to look at everyone you know. Then I want you to count the number of women, or men too, who you know who have or had breast cancer. If you say zero, I would be very surprised. I have 13 reasons I do this every year. Sad but true. Of the 13 only 10 are survivors.

The next thing I would like you to look at are the two forms I have attached. I know times are tough and I appreciate all types of help. If monetarily is not possible, I completely understand! If you want to help, how about helping by doing something that costs nothing but time? Pass around a pledge sheet to your friends, family, neighbors and acquaintances.

This year I am aiming for a $6000 fundraiser.
I am looking for pledges! All I would like to know NOW is if you would be willing to make a pledge to purchase a gift with a purpose to help give hope to millions of women.
This is an easy way to tell me if you are interested and this too will give you an idea of how much you might want to “set-aside” for that purchase.

I am also looking for “venues”. Venues can be any where I can set up a table, show off the pink products and take orders. Each person who helps me find a “venue” that produces $200 in sales will be eligible for one of the great host gifts at the given cost.
I would like to start these as soon as April 25th.

Two wonderful ladies from St. John – The Wilderness Church have already asked me to be present at their annual flower sale. (Thank you Mary and Sue!)

I will keep you posted as to where so you can come and see the products and place your order in person if you would like.

Thank you everyone for looking at this. Take care!"

Attachments

• HWC 2009 Pledge sheet Front.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:
Great job, John!

awesome thanks!!

Do you send this to your entire customer list? How do you follow up to get the orders? I really want to make a difference this year with HWC as I lost a very dear family friend in October to cancer.

Fabulous! Thank you, John! I intend on using this!

I sent this to everyone and will be printing and mailing forms as well.
I have my e-mail list to tell me who I e-mailed them to, I will also have all the mailed ones recorded as well. So I can check back with everyone. I too will be passing them around to be filled out and kep in my possession. It will be very easy to keep track on a note pad. So...
Starting this Saturday, this form will accompany my to my parties. I already have 32 sets of plates pledged. I only need to "sell" 300 of those sets to make $6000! So I am down to only needing 268 more sets!!!! And I have only been showing people the info in the Feburary CN! Now I can get it in writing so I remember who they were. I have not even brought it up here at work!

Last edited:
Looks great, John! I'm totally stealing this!The May guest and host flyers are up on CC, with the HWC info (promoting your business > Charitable programs > HWC). That might be easier to carry with you than the Feb. newsletter.

Thank you so much John! I am going to use this as well. The timing could not be better since I am doing an American Cancer Society fundraiser Thursday night.

Hi John
looks great...I have one question..when I printed it out, the small boxes with descriptions come out all fuzzy..the rest of the text is clear so I know it's not my printer...any help???
thanks again
karlene
or maybe you could email me [email protected]

Those boxes were copied as graphics, probably not at a very high resolution. If you recreate the document in Word, you can type the same text and it will be clearer.

Adobe has a bad habit of disecting the graphics to much and you get the fuzzy look. Now, I am having issues as I can not get the Word version to attach to anyting to send it out. Give me a couple of days and I will see if I can get it down in size so I CAN attach it to here or e-mails and send it on.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing!!! :)

Since this will be my first HWC season, are you in effect, taking pre-orders/reserve yours today...type of thing?

Thanks for sharing! It looks great! I just emailed you.

elijahstrust - may I ask a favor? Put a name in your signature. Makes it easier to answer you directly.
Yes - that is part of the idea. The other thing it does is gives me an idea of where i am heading with my May. It tells me who to contact making finding those sales easier, as well as how far I have gotten to my goal to see if I ahve to look for more to hit my goal.

I GOT IT!!! I NEVER THOUGHT TO ZIP THE FILE!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!

Attachments

• HWC 2009 Pledge.zip
    420.3 KB · Views: 388
  • HWC 2009 Pledge 2.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
John - this is so great - and given your success last year w/ HWC, I think we all need to borrow from you! Thanks for posting what you are doing!

Sending an email right now so that you can send it to me in Word when you get it ready!

John, One question, I noticed you say "All orders will be placed on May 31 and delivered no later than June 14th." Do you ever split the frundraiser and place mutiple shows so you can get the customers who order early in the month their order sooner?

I have done that in the past but this year I am doing it differently. If I give them notice on the form it is not like they can say I didn't know. And it isi totally up to you how you want to do yours. And now that I have the form out there - you can copy and reword it.

Do you enter each order under their names and then you cover the S&H and write it off? Or are you combining orders to save on the S&H? Also, how do you deliver all the products to everyone if they are all scattered about? Do you group them together and have helpers deliver them to their friends that ordered?

pampered1224 said:
I have done that in the past but this year I am doing it differently. If I give them notice on the form it is not like they can say I didn't know. And it isi totally up to you how you want to do yours. And now that I have the form out there - you can copy and reword it.

Did you find it was too much work to do mulitple shows? Just curious why you decided to change?

babywings76 said:
Do you enter each order under their names and then you cover the S&H and write it off? Or are you combining orders to save on the S&H? Also, how do you deliver all the products to everyone if they are all scattered about? Do you group them together and have helpers deliver them to their friends that ordered?

I do someting similar to what John is doing. I will lump them together onto one fundraiser (each order-taker's order under their name as a seperate order) sort and deliver them to the order taker. If they do not live where it is convenient for me to me to do that,then I seperate it as a diferent show and have it delivered to them. I keep a huge spreadsheet to keep everything organized.

I give each order taker one of the HWC items (I choose which one ahead of time) as my thank you for helping me. I award the one who collected the most orders the Host item. I also tell them ahead of time if they definately want the host item that I will enter thier orders as a seperate FR and they can order it.

pampered1224 said:
elijahstrust - may I ask a favor? Put a name in your signature. Makes it easier to answer you directly.
Yes - that is part of the idea. The other thing it does is gives me an idea of where i am heading with my May. It tells me who to contact making finding those sales easier, as well as how far I have gotten to my goal to see if I ahve to look for more to hit my goal.

I GOT IT!!! I NEVER THOUGHT TO ZIP THE FILE!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!

Sorry, I though that I had set up my signature already, but I guess I didn't...

John,
This is Fabulous! Thank you SO much!!

Holly - Linda hit it on the head. The thing that is driving me this year to do this is the $4260 from last year. I made #8 of the top ten fundraisers for May last year but fell through the cracks for HWC fundraisers because I simply could not sell pink products. All my people thought they were yuck!
So this year, based on the remarks I have gotten about the products, I decided to push the envelope. 1 big fundraiser! Lots of friends helping, Past host with 10% off already as my point people. Each one will end up with a ton of stuff. I will hand deliever as well to save the S&H. The whole point is not the inconvience to me but to the amount of donation! So I am majorly pushing that envelope anyway I can! If I get orders from way out, then delievery may be direct. I won't know and certainly won't worry about how I will handle that until I know it is there. That to me is a minor detail. Now, you all asked about keep track - I will have enough of their info on the pledge sheets to contact them but I also needed something to remind them so they have my info! So here is the reminder form I put together. Just cut it up! Plus note the added blub about wanting info for friends!

OOP - Nice to meet ya Dawn!

Attachments

• HWC Pledge reminder.zip
    301.5 KB · Views: 332
Great Job! I'm looking forward to hearing how well you do!

So, we would set it up as a fundraiser in P3? Who do we put as the organization if we do it that way? And how do you get the 25% to donate? Sorry for the questions, this is my first HWC and I'm getting confused easily at the moment.

I love the reminder John! Great job and good luck meeting your 2009 goal!

candiejayne said:
So, we would set it up as a fundraiser in P3? Who do we put as the organization if we do it that way? And how do you get the 25% to donate? Sorry for the questions, this is my first HWC and I'm getting confused easily at the moment.

Yes, set it up as a FR in P3. One of the changes to FRs for HWC month is that HWC FRs have different donation percentages. The top tier is 25%. There'll be more info about that in one of the upcoming newsletters.

Thanks Ann! I appreciate it.

You know folks, I love this enthusiasm! If each of us even tries to do something, we can do great things together! If you are not comfortable taking on a fundraiser, just make sure you promote via your parties! You know what is important? TRYING! Even one product sold in May is one more dollar! Let me know if there is anything you are thinking about doing as I always am looking for ideas too! Ann and Linda - do you remember if bookings still count for a $3 "boost" to the donations? I did not have any last year so I simply do not remember! HUGS TO YOU ALL ON BEHALF OF MY 13! Let us hope my count stops there!!! Your counts need to stop going up too!!Andrea - 25% comes when you reach and pass $600. Funny I have no idea what the the other number is. I refuse to hit the lesser rate so I never remembered it! (Geez - I feel like a horse with blinders on!)

I think they do get the $3
It seems like there were 3 levels of HWC percentages - I don't remember and dont' feel like looking it up right now. Like you, I shoot for the 25% mark (unless my order taker wants the host item)

I can't remember where the percentage changes fall, either - maybe $350 and $600.

Three levels:

150 to 299 - 15%
300 to 499 - 20%
500 plus - 25%

Should be obtainable!

Now, for the fun part. Remember I said I sent out info yesterday. Well, I sent it out to 6 of our branches today. Within minutes I have three ladies who want to be helpers! Oklahoma, Texas and Vermont! They want new catalogs, order forms, all the stuff to do catalog parties but with the understanding that all the orders are part of one giant fundraiser!!! The best part - two of the ladies are past hosts and one had a $900 plus catty party for me last November!!! She already told me that she plans to "strong arm" eveyone she knows in honor of her aunt who passed away 1.5 years ago! And if I know Charity - she will pull in a biggy!
And she already knows there are no host benefits per say and she is OK with that because of the purpose!!! YEEEE HAAAA!!!
And the other lady sent the pledge form out to about 20 people too!!! And has her mom asking to help!!!
YEAH!
What my "point" people do not know is that I am personally going to order them HWC stuff, get them pins and one of our new bags and a few other goodies! It is always more fun when they offer to help without knowing that they are getting anything in return.

pampered1224 said:
Three levels:

150 to 299 - 15%
300 to 499 - 20%
500 plus - 25%

Should be obtainable!

Now, for the fun part. Remember I said I sent out info yesterday. Well, I sent it out to 6 of our branches today. Within minutes I have three ladies who want to be helpers! Oklahoma, Texas and Vermont! They want new catalogs, order forms, all the stuff to do catalog parties but with the understanding that all the orders are part of one giant fundraiser!!! The best part - two of the ladies are past hosts and one had a $900 plus catty party for me last November!!! She already told me that she plans to "strong arm" eveyone she knows in honor of her aunt who passed away 1.5 years ago! And if I know Charity - she will pull in a biggy!
And she already knows there are no host benefits per say and she is OK with that because of the purpose!!! YEEEE HAAAA!!!
And the other lady sent the pledge form out to about 20 people too!!! And has her mom asking to help!!!
YEAH!
What my "point" people do not know is that I am personally going to order them HWC stuff, get them pins and one of our new bags and a few other goodies! It is always more fun when they offer to help without knowing that they are getting anything in return.

You are getting me very excited! I'm going to give it a go. I hope I get the same response that you have.

Good for you Holly!!

Here is the "definition of a point person" I sent out.

"This may explain things better.
The products on the hs_May09 form are for my point people.
If you act as a point person, you will be getting any one of the host items FREE. Yes, even the appetizer plates and caddy set!
I should have looked at that flyer better but the only thing no one will get is the recipe card holder.
Anything else is fine. You would be acting as a coordinator but with only the one benefit as a fundraiser does not have a host per say.
If a friend or someone else wants to coordinate with you and wants to act as a point person as well, meaning she takes a few sheets, collects names and phone numbers, (I contact them and get orders, handle the payments and what not), she too can get any one of the host items free for helping.
What the point person does is this, they collect the contacts and gets them back to me by the end of April. I make the calls to see if they want to place that order to help whip cancer. I then combine all those orders under the point person’s name. The box(s) will go to the point people for distribution to the people on their pledge forms, a list of which I will provide for you. Does that make more sense? I knew I popped that out a little to fast! I just get so excited about this that I always miss something!"

Now, the one thing different here from Linda is that that are no sperate shows. Just direct ship of orders. It is still way cheaper to ship $200 on one order than to send out say 10 or more at $4.25 each. And yes, Andrea - on the direct ships, I will eat that cost and write it off.

Here's an order form I just created for a Relay for Life fundraiser I will be doing in May. I used this format last year for the RFL fundraiser and it worked well for me.

Attachments

• RFL Order Form 09.doc
    124.5 KB · Views: 340
pamperedlinda said:
I do someting similar to what John is doing. I will lump them together onto one fundraiser (each order-taker's order under their name as a seperate order) sort and deliver them to the order taker. If they do not live where it is convenient for me to me to do that,then I seperate it as a diferent show and have it delivered to them. I keep a huge spreadsheet to keep everything organized.

I give each order taker one of the HWC items (I choose which one ahead of time) as my thank you for helping me. I award the one who collected the most orders the Host item. I also tell them ahead of time if they definately want the host item that I will enter thier orders as a seperate FR and they can order it.

Hi Linda, can you email me or post the spreadsheet you use to track the orders? I want to have a great May this year and I hope to need a massive spreadsheet to keep track of all of it!

Thanks!

Okay...this is my first HWC time around here...Now, what if someone decides to have a normal show...the guest orders the guest special (as many as they want) and $1.00 is given to ACS, correct? Do the hosts get guest sales for that?And I have an FRG group wanting to do a fundraiser that month for care packets for the military (they are doing one this month, too and want to rebook for May). They would get the traditional %'s, right? I'm mainly wondering about the pink items going to guest sales for normal shows--sadly, not everyone will plan on doing a fundraiser. I am planning on sending out info to Relay For Life Teams--this would be great for them!Thanks for any responses to my questions!

jenniwest04 said:
Okay...this is my first HWC time around here...

Now, what if someone decides to have a normal show...the guest orders the guest special (as many as they want) and $1.00 is given to ACS, correct? Do the hosts get guest sales for that?
The guest sales totals count like normal for all hosts during HWC, whether those sales are from standard products or HWC items. $1 from the sale of EVERY SINGLE HWC item, whether it was purchased at a show, a FR or individual order, is sent to the ACS.
jenniwest04 said:
And I have an FRG group wanting to do a fundraiser that month for care packets for the military (they are doing one this month, too and want to rebook for May). They would get the traditional %'s, right?
Any non-HWC FR gets the standard FR percentages. The only shows that have the special percentages are HWC shows.

Thank you for the help!

Related to Will you help break last year's fundraising record for Help Whip Cancer month?

1. What is Help Whip Cancer month?

Help Whip Cancer month is an annual fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef to support breast cancer research and awareness. It takes place during the month of May.

2. How much was raised last year and what is the goal for this year?

Last year, $4260 was raised with a donation amount of $1999.20. This year, our goal is to raise $6000.

3. Who can participate in Help Whip Cancer month?

Anyone can participate in Help Whip Cancer month by hosting a party, making a donation, or spreading awareness.

4. How can I help if I am unable to make a monetary donation?

If you are unable to make a monetary donation, you can still help by spreading awareness and passing around a pledge sheet to your friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also help by finding venues for fundraising events.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a party or finding a venue for a fundraiser?

If you host a party or find a venue that produces $200 in sales, you will be eligible for one of the great host gifts at the given cost. Additionally, hosting a party or finding a venue is a great way to support a good cause and help raise funds for breast cancer research and awareness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies