• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Gift Should I Get for My Director at the Conference?

If shes a coffee drinker there is a Starbucks on every corner in the city and one in McCormick place. I always "re-charge" my card before leaving for conference.Sometimes the Starbucks at convention centers don't take gift cards. I ran into that at Leadership in Dallas. I purposely topped off a card, and then they wouldn't take it. :( But those cards are still good at home.That being said, my FD who lives in TX (I'm in NC) always has a gift for me when we get together - usually a little chef nic nac. She finds the cutest things and her thoughtfulness is very appreciated. I am going overboard this year (I really expected
EpTxGuy
Ok Cheffers, I need some ideas. Last year was my first year (and first conference, naturally) and my director got me a nice conference survival kit. This year, I'd like to get her something. Anyone have any suggestions?

Guy

Something practical that she can use at confrence is a nice notebook. You can write something on the inside cover. An inspirational book. Meds. (j/k)

What does she like? Use that as a starting point. Some of the things I've gotten (or given) as gifts through PC include:
- Bath and Body Works Products (just got a set of trial size shower gel, lotion and spritz as a "going to conference" gift from my AD)
- business books (my Director gave us Martha Stewart's book)
- nice pen (not necessarily a Cross or a Mont Blanc, but something refillable and comfy to hold)
- gift cards
- chocolate or other candy

chefann said:
What does she like? Use that as a starting point. Some of the things I've gotten (or given) as gifts through PC include:
- Bath and Body Works Products (just got a set of trial size shower gel, lotion and spritz as a "going to conference" gift from my AD)
- business books (my Director gave us Martha Stewart's book)
- nice pen (not necessarily a Cross or a Mont Blanc, but something refillable and comfy to hold)
- gift cards
- chocolate or other candy

yes, good idea Ann!
if shes a coffee drinker there is a Starbucks on every corner in the city and one in McCormick place. I always "re-charge" my card before leaving for conference.

Sometimes the Starbucks at convention centers don't take gift cards. I ran into that at Leadership in Dallas. I purposely topped off a card, and then they wouldn't take it. :( But those cards are still good at home.

What a nice idea! I put so much thought & energy into what I am giving my team at NC, it never occurred to me that they might give ME something!

On Thursday since we have open time, take her to dinner downtown. There are several very affordable restaurants a cab ride away from the Hilton. Cheesecake Factory is ALWAYS good! And you can check on-line to see what else there is.

What a nice idea! Get her something pampering. It's the thought.

Ideas:
Chip in with others on your team: All the directors on my Exec's line always chip in to get her something really nice at conference. In past years they have been giving her some kind of glassware that she collected. Can't tell you what we're doing this year in case she would happen to see it but it's nice and something she'll love every day.

My team loves all the gifts I give them but I think they think I'm either getting them free or am supposed to be doing that. I love them and want to give them extras and don't expect anything in return - but it would be nice. I said this for all of you who didn't think about gifting your director! A little something at conference or the holidays means so much.

That being said, my FD who lives in TX (I'm in NC) always has a gift for me when we get together - usually a little chef nic nac. She finds the cutest things and her thoughtfulness is very appreciated. I am going overboard this year (I really expected her to promote but she's just short of making it). I got her lots of goodies: <I was typing them in and then realized she could read this thread if she got on>

Thanks for all the great ideas. Thank goodness I'm in wave 3, that gives me some time to decide what to do. As usual, you guys are the best. :)

Guy

pampered1224 said:
Cheesecake Factory is ALWAYS good!

Was just there last night! We were going to go up to the 95th floor for drinks and a view of the city, but it was a cloudy night and we were stuffed!

Reading this reminds me that my Director gets gifts for her directors and gives them to us at Conference. Maybe I'll email my two sister directors and see if we can go in on something for her too.

This is the first conference that I am in my director's first line so I don't know if she does anything but I've never seen them get anything from her. ...would be nice.

I am thrilled that she is so there for us all year though - she is a great mentor and is there to help guide us as much as we need! :love:

chefann said:
Sometimes the Starbucks at convention centers don't take gift cards. I ran into that at Leadership in Dallas. I purposely topped off a card, and then they wouldn't take it. :( But those cards are still good at home.

Could I buy a gift card at the Starbucks at the convention center? They would have to take that card, right....if they sell one. Also, would it work back home?

I don't know about the Starbucks at McCormick Place. The one in Dallas didn't sell cards, either. They had higher prices than a typical SB, too - they were clearly cashing in on business travelers. There's a SB in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton, but I don't think they take gift cards either, because it's not a permanent dedicated facility. Of course, if you gave her one, she could just save it to use at home if she couldn't use it in Chicago.

DebbieJ said:
Was just there last night! We were going to go up to the 95th floor for drinks and a view of the city, but it was a cloudy night and we were stuffed!

I'm eating there on Wednesday the 9th for lunch. I HATE Heights!! UGH!:cry:

The SB there did not take the cards last year. I tried. Things may have changed, though.

Why not chip in and buy him/her dinner one night?

ljeffries said:
The SB there did not take the cards last year. I tried. Things may have changed, though.

Why not chip in and buy him/her dinner one night?

I'm only in Chicago Thur thru Sat afternoon, and my director already takes us out for dinner on the first evening (the only evening we have free) But thanks for the info on Starbucks, I'll think of something else. :)

Guy

1. What is the Director Gift?

The Director Gift is a special gift given to Pampered Chef directors as a token of appreciation for their hard work and dedication to the company.

2. Who is eligible to receive the Director Gift?

Only Pampered Chef directors are eligible to receive the Director Gift. This includes individuals who have achieved the Director level or above in the company's compensation plan.

3. When is the Director Gift given out?

The Director Gift is typically given out at the annual Pampered Chef Leadership Conference, which takes place in the summer. However, due to the current global situation, the company may choose to distribute the gift at a different time.

4. What is included in the Director Gift?

The contents of the Director Gift vary each year, but it typically includes a special piece of Pampered Chef kitchenware or cooking tool, as well as some exclusive merchandise or training materials.

5. Can I purchase the Director Gift if I am not a director?

No, the Director Gift is only available to directors as a reward for their hard work and dedication to the company. However, you can work towards achieving the Director level and receive the gift in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Paige Dixon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies