• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pillow Presents, First Timer Gifts, Etc....

In summary, the conference team is preparing for their first conference by bringing gifts for their director and themselves. One team member has brought a gift for their director from last year. Another team member is looking for creative gifts for their first time attending the conference.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have at least 3 team members going to conference - YEA! One of them came with me last year, but for the other 2 this will be their first year. If more come, it will be their first year, also.

So, I'm looking for some creative ideas for gifts for them. Anyone have any great ideas that won't break the bank?

ALSO - I'd like to bring a gift for my director. I will be walking as a Director (YEA!) and that means she'll be walking as an Advanced Director. Exciting for both of us! But, she's been such a great support, mentor, and friend - and I'd like to get her something as a thank-you and congratulations gift....

This isn't a major gift or anything, but for my first-timers I give them a binder full of everything they'll need to take notes, collect business cards,etc.

Well- this really is a great gift,
its a little crazy BUT it does REALLLY work!

Just A Drop – Bathroom Odor Eliminator

it puts an end to those embarrassing:blushing: bathroom odors

My director usually gave us a new notebook, some breath mints, gum, candy or granola bars. If I can remember what else was in there, I'll add to this later.Clappers are kind of fun, too. Saves your hands from wearing out during the recognition sessions. This will help when they are clapping for you! :DA highlighter is good, too. We usually remember to bring something to write with but for the ride home, it's great to review your notes with a highlighter in hand.

I love the idea of "pillow gifts"..... warm fuzzy socks, chocolates, lotion,.... fun stuff :)We always give a binder to everyone who is attending. The binder has a pencil pouch and inside the pouch we put a pen, highlighter, gum, snickers bar, tissues, and some hard candies.

In the past I've created "Rae's Roommate Survival Kits." They included things like breath mints (in case you need to offer me one), ear plugs (in case I start snoring), and chocolate (in case a few days with me makes you need that seratonin rush). When my team member attended her first training at the Spring Launch, I used an idea from a director with another DS company. I gave her one of those small brag book photo albums. In the first sleeve I put a card congratulating her on attending her first official PC training. In the second sleeve I put instructions--that the album could be used to collect business cards, photos, and other contact info from the people she met at PC trainings she could use as additional resources or offer her own help to.

raebates said:
In the past I've created "Rae's Roommate Survival Kits." They included things like breath mints (in case you need to offer me one), ear plugs (in case I start snoring), and chocolate (in case a few days with me makes you need that seratonin rush).

When my team member attended her first training at the Spring Launch, I used an idea from a director with another DS company. I gave her one of those small brag book photo albums. In the first sleeve I put a card congratulating her on attending her first official PC training. In the second sleeve I put instructions--that the album could be used to collect business cards, photos, and other contact info from the people she met at PC trainings she could use as additional resources or offer her own help to.

I love the brag book idea! Spectacular!

Yeah, I thought it was a great idea. The woman who suggested it to me is wonderful at motivating and rewarding her team.

I'll echo the highlighter (mini ones are great - were you there when FedEx was giving them out?), little post-it flags to mark the pages of notes with the important stuff, purse-size hand lotion, purse-size tissues (cuz they're going to be crying when they see you walk and when they hear Doris), snacks for workship and general session time (granola bars, specialty M&Ms, something salty like pretzels). Some years my director has found little mini books with inspirational quotes. Frankly, I like the more practical, consumable things. Some of the things she has given me have gone straight to my daughter.

Another idea is due to the change in the agenda this year with us being on our own for dinner every night. Look for food options near your hotel and get a little ($5) gift card for there. Since you're at McCormick Place this may take some investigating. I know there's the McD's so that's an easy one to do.

For your upline, how about a small flower arrangement delivered to her room? That will run you $25 or more. I was going to suggest a Disney gift card but it will be past the trip and that's assuming that she's going unless you want to give it to her in advance. What color ribbons do AD wear? When I promoted to Director back in the day, my D gave me a red calculator. Anything for her can be more personalized.

I always have pillow gifts for my consultants. Mostly little things that I pick up through the year. Some have insppirational things on them like dream, believe... and others are practical toiletry or "office" items.

This year I have a first time attender and a TL who has been many times. The first timer will receive a gift at the June meeting and they will both receive pillow gifts.

Gift at the meeting: the plastic toiletry travel bag that Merrill had (it has empty bottles in it which I will put aside for her) filled with a green puff, shower soap, an eye mask and other toiletry type things and a luggage tag and luggage spotter.

Pillow gifts:
Monday: a notebook and some file folders that I just found at Michaels. It says "gourmet girl" on them with pics of aprons and other kitchen things. Also, a PC pen and PC first aid kit from Merrill.
Tuesday: PC mug (I have the glass ones with "PC" in gold) and a pocket coin - one says dream, one says believe
Wednesday: plate that has a cute cat chef on it.

I am giving my consultant's hospitality director one of the plates and an inspirational book.

Our director team always goes together to give our upline director a really nice gift.

Dollar Store items! Anything with a star...because they are Super Stars for investing in themselves. The first night there they get a pretty notebook with that year's theme and a celophane bag filled w/ mini chocolates, highlighter, pens(red and blue), gum, hard candy, drink mixers to add to H2O bottles, band-aids...and anything else I find super cheap.
The other nights I might give a candle(star shaped is best), magnetic notepad, star post it notes, frame for their fav Conf picture(or dream), more gum(big packs)...nothing over a dollar.

We usually buy dinner one night for our downline...pizza. I did drinks once and it was $85 for 4 drinks and an appetizer...dinner is practical, but fun...

These are super great ideas! But how do you get in their rooms to give them their gifts? The majority of my girls will not be staying with me. I have 4 in one room then another with me in a seperate room. I want them to be surprised each night. If the room is in my name, I guess I could get my own key without them knowing huh? But then they would be one key short.

Kelly8 said:
These are super great ideas! But how do you get in their rooms to give them their gifts? The majority of my girls will not be staying with me. I have 4 in one room then another with me in a seperate room. I want them to be surprised each night. If the room is in my name, I guess I could get my own key without them knowing huh? But then they would be one key short.

My Director just gave us our bag of goodies at the start of conference. Sure it would be nice to surprise them throughout, but I'm betting they will just be touched that you made the effort (and took the time) to do something sweet for them.

Kelly8 said:
chefjeanine said:
My Director just gave us our bag of goodies at the start of conference. Sure it would be nice to surprise them throughout, but I'm betting they will just be touched that you made the effort (and took the time) to do something sweet for them.
If I were going I'd like it either way, but if you/your team like surprises, you can talk to the concierge ahead of time (like call now) to plan to give the concierge the gifts, have hotel staff deliver them at the turn-down service, or during sessions.

I had planned giving my consultants the gifts each evening but now we'll be in separate rooms so it'll all be in a gift bag at the start of conference.

1. What exactly are "Pillow Presents"?

Pillow Presents are small gifts that are often given to first-time customers as a thank you for choosing to shop with Pampered Chef. They are typically small kitchen gadgets or tools that are useful for everyday cooking and baking.

2. How do I qualify for a "First Timer Gift"?

To receive a First Timer Gift, you must be a first-time customer of Pampered Chef and place an order of $75 or more. This gift is our way of saying thank you for choosing to shop with us.

3. Can I choose which gift I receive as a "First Timer"?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate specific requests for First Timer Gifts. The gift you receive will be chosen at random and may vary depending on availability.

4. Are there any other benefits to being a first-time customer?

Yes, in addition to receiving a First Timer Gift, you will also be eligible for special promotions and discounts that are only available to first-time customers. Be sure to sign up for our email list to stay updated on these offers!

5. Can I request a "Pillow Present" for a friend or family member?

Pillow Presents are only available for first-time customers who place an order themselves. However, you can always purchase a gift for a friend or family member from our wide selection of high-quality kitchen tools and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • Paige Dixon
  • General Chat
Replies