• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crocheting Afghans for Other People's Presents

In summary, Harriet is an expert crocheter and she has created a pattern for an afghan that is aligned and easy to follow. She would love to share the pattern with someone.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I sent an email around to my friends, and asking them to pass it on to their friends, about crocheting afghans for other people to give as presents for Christmas, baby showers, welcome baby gift, thank you gift and etc, all for a fee.

I had a lady want 4 queen size afghans, one would be for her older, adult daughter...Her daughter's twin brother, also the woman's son, died last Novemeber and the two kids were extremely close. She was wanting to do something special for her daughter, adding a touch of the brother at the same time.

Any suggestions on what I can do, or if I am capable, or add??

Thanks for all suggestions.

naekelsey said:
I sent an email around to my friends, and asking them to pass it on to their friends, about crocheting afghans for other people to give as presents for Christmas, baby showers, welcome baby gift, thank you gift and etc, all for a fee.

I had a lady want 4 queen size afghans, one would be for her older, adult daughter...Her daughter's twin brother, also the woman's son, died last Novemeber and the two kids were extremely close. She was wanting to do something special for her daughter, adding a touch of the brother at the same time.

Any suggestions on what I can do, or if I am capable, or add??

Thanks for all suggestions.

Hi. I crochet afghans for our local hospital's cancer treatment center with 5 other women.

As far as what you can do maybe do the afghan for the daughter in a color or colors that remind her of her brother. Just a suggestion.

If you want a copy of the pattern I have been doing lately let me know. It is an aligned shell pattern and is very easy and nice looking. (all double crochet)

Thanks Harriet. I will pass this idea along and see what the lady has to say. I would love a copy of the afghan pattern. You can email me at [email protected]

Related to Crocheting Afghans for Other People's Presents

1. How long does it typically take to crochet an afghan?

The time it takes to crochet an afghan varies depending on the complexity of the design and the skill level of the crocheter. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to complete an afghan.

2. What are some popular designs for crocheted afghans?

There are many popular designs for crocheted afghans, including granny squares, ripple stitches, and chevron patterns. You can also find a wide variety of unique and modern designs online or in crochet pattern books.

3. Do I need any special tools or materials to crochet an afghan?

To crochet an afghan, you will need a crochet hook, yarn, and a large tapestry needle for weaving in ends. Depending on the pattern, you may also need stitch markers, scissors, and a measuring tape. It's important to use high-quality materials to ensure the finished product is durable and long-lasting.

4. Can I personalize an afghan for a specific recipient?

Absolutely! Crocheted afghans make great personalized gifts. You can use the recipient's favorite colors or incorporate their initials or a special design into the afghan. You can also add a unique touch by using different stitches or techniques.

5. How do I care for a crocheted afghan?

To keep your crocheted afghan in good condition, it's important to follow the care instructions on the yarn label. In general, you can hand wash the afghan with mild detergent and lay it flat to dry. Avoid using harsh chemicals or hot water, as they can damage the yarn and cause the afghan to lose its shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
starrmarie
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • naekelsey