• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(Warning: Long Post) Best Worst Expo Ever

In summary, the small business expo had only a few people show up. I had the top sale of the day and met some great people.
raebates
Staff member
I participated in a small business expo yesterday. I expected it to be fairly small. It was the first expo the organizers had ever done. What I did not expect was that we would have a total of less than 10 people show up. That's right. Other than the other exhibitors, we had 10 people come through. I had 1 sale of about $50 to another exhibitor. Mine was the top sale of the day. We were scheduled for 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Exhibitors started leaving at 2:30. I started packing up with the last of them at about 5.It was a great day, though. First, I've had a really busy week, and I was looking forward to getting some rest today. Since we didn't have a big crowd, it was pretty restful. I was able to sit and read for a while. I also had time to chat with several other exhibitors.One is a very successful Mary Kay rep. She organizes the home-based business expo I participate in at Christmas. We discussed all kinds of things, including the next Christmas expo. It's the first real opportunity we've had to talk. She's asked me to become part of the planning committee, and she wants to talk to me about a support/encouragement group she's part of. I can't remember if it's for women in business or for women in direct sales, but it sounded interesting.Another exhibitor, someone from out of town, came by to talk. Her daughter is attending the same school as my DS. As a matter of fact, we moved some of her daughter's stuff down. She knows my baby boy! So, as we continued to chat, I discovered that she is a Christian life coach. She is just getting her business underway. She is also a former PC director. We'll be meeting after I get back from NC. She wants some suggestions from me (through my publication design business) about getting word out about her business. And, she'll be working a bit with me on getting some focus and clarity about my goals. Great trade-off, huh?So, those of you who read the Official Hijacking Thread know that this has been an odd week for me. KG reminded me that everything happens for a reason, even if it's not immediately apparent. Honestly, I can feel things turning around already.Oh, yeah, and I got home to discover that my CS Day-to-Day Success Calendar had arrived! So, remember, just because something doesn't meet the criteria for a "successful" event, it doesn't mean that it isn't something really great!

Yeah Rae - way to start off a Sunday! I hope church also gives you a boost for the week!

rae
glad to hear it was the best worst event for you.
i firmly believe that things happen for a reason and that you only get what you take from something, and there is always something good even if its something tiny :)

Rae, some weeks are like that. But it sounds like you had a good day. "Good" is what you decide it is!!

You're right, Rae - bad and good at the same time. But it sounds like the good outweighed the bad.
:)

Rae,

Sounds like you made some good positive connections!! That's the best part of it.

steph

I talked with a buddy this afternoon and told her about yesterday's expo. She started laughing and said, "Only you could 'lose' your job on Friday and start a whole new adventure on Saturday." God is very good.And, yes, Janet, church was great this morning. I cried my way through most of it, but that isn't necessarily unusual for me.

1. What is "(Warning: Long Post) Best Worst Expo Ever"?

"(Warning: Long Post) Best Worst Expo Ever" is a blog post written by a Pampered Chef consultant about her experience at a recent expo event.

2. Why is the post titled "Best Worst Expo Ever"?

The title reflects the author's mixed feelings about the expo. While there were some positive aspects, there were also several negative experiences that made it the "worst" expo for her.

3. How does the author describe her overall experience at the expo?

The author describes her experience as a rollercoaster of emotions. She had moments of excitement and enjoyment, but also moments of frustration and disappointment.

4. What are some of the challenges the author faced at the expo?

The author faced challenges such as technical difficulties with her presentation, lack of organization from event coordinators, and feeling overwhelmed by the large crowds and loud music.

5. Did the author have any positive experiences at the expo?

Yes, the author did have some positive experiences at the expo. She was able to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants and attend informative workshops. She also received positive feedback from attendees on her products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rosebud
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Karen