• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique & Compact Gift Ideas for Family Abroad | No Shipping Hassles!

In summary, the cheffers suggested giving a hat, gloves, scarf, and a photo throw blanket as gifts to mom, dad, and sister. Mom would also like a can opener and dad might like some of the smaller accessories. For sister, they suggested some nice makeup or a new shirt.
NooraK
Gold Member
Oh mighty cheffers, I am in need of your superior knowledge! I need to figure out gifts for my family. I have some fairly unusual parameters I am working within, and I am drawing a blank. I'm also running out of time.

Here's the thing: My parents and my younger sister (now 14) moved back to Finland a couple of years ago. So I have to come up with gift ideas that are as light and compact as possible, so that shipping them over doesn't put me in the poorhouse. Gift cards won't work, because they don't have the same stores, and even if I ordered one from a local store, the exchange rate is horrible for me (works great for them). It can't be perishible or fragile.

Mom wants the PC can opener, but beyond that, I don't know. I used to sed my dad Omaha Steaks for Christmas and Fathers' Day, and he loved it, but that's out too.

Any creative ideas?

Okay - I'm sorta a winter accessories freak, so the first thing that came to my mind for your Mom and Sister would be hat/scarf/gloves combo in colors they love...and in a really nice fabric/knit. I love the ones from Lands End.

Artisan earrings for your younger sister, or a cool silver ring (kind of a "grown up" ring). Add the garlic slicer to the can opener for your mom, or add a collection of our spices. For your dad, maybe he'd enjoy our grilling cookbook with the utility knife or salad choppers. Will keep thinking.

14 year old sis- maybe some nice makeup (my lil loves getting makeup speically new colors and loves playing with it to come up with new looks she can do. or a new shirt?

mom- can opener and maybe some spices or a new cookbook

dad- grilling cookbook, and maybe some of the smaller accesories for that...or go completely different route with him, is there a movie or book he wants?

Thanks for the great suggestions. My sister isn't the typical 14-year-old teenage girl, so I'll have to ask mom if she's gotten into the make up thing. If so, that will be a great thing to send her.Dad doesn't like to read in English since it isn't his first language and it's harder for him. As for movies, I don't know if they have an NTSC DVD player currently.I got an email from Wal-Mart today featuring their photo throw blanket, so I think my mom would get a kick out of that if I put DS's face on it (he's her first grandchild). I also got a $15 credit to use on Kodak's website, so maybe I can find something there. Or I can use that for the other Grammy... Keep 'em coming!

not to sound unimaginative but my 14 years old loves - cash! gift cards are sometimes hard to use if you don't see something you like and they expire or start taking money off of them after a time. My dd goes out with friends to movies, shopping and could always use the extra $$. How about some $$ for her with a small token gift - pretty earrings, a scarf (not winter - the more stylish ones the girls are all wearing now).

I made a photo book online at Walgreens last year for my husband's Grandfather and Step-Grandmother. They LOVE it!!! I had it sent right to them BUT you could always make it, pick it up and mail it. It was VERY reasonable and it came out so great. The site was very easy to navigate as well.HTH~

1. What are some unique and compact gift ideas for family abroad?

Some unique and compact gift ideas for family abroad include personalized photo albums, travel-sized cooking utensils, portable speakers, customizable luggage tags, and mini board games.

2. Are there any gift ideas that can be easily shipped to family abroad?

Yes, there are many gift ideas that can be easily shipped to family abroad, such as digital gift cards, subscription boxes, and custom-made items from online retailers with international shipping options.

3. How do I avoid shipping hassles when sending gifts to family abroad?

To avoid shipping hassles, you can opt for digital gifts or choose items that can be easily shipped internationally. It's also helpful to research shipping policies and fees beforehand and use a reliable shipping service.

4. Can I find unique and compact gift ideas for family abroad on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, the Pampered Chef website offers a variety of unique and compact gift ideas for family abroad, such as personalized kitchen tools, recipe books, and cooking sets that can be easily shipped internationally.

5. Are there any DIY gift ideas that can be sent to family abroad?

Yes, there are many DIY gift ideas that can be sent to family abroad, such as homemade candles, photo collages, hand-painted mugs, and personalized recipe books. These gifts not only show thought and effort, but they are also compact and easy to ship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies