• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Affordable and Easy Christmas Costume Ideas for the Whole Family

In summary, my family is changing things a bit this year, we have to dress up and attend in costume. I have until Saturday evening to come up with something for four of us. Problem is I'm super short on cash, and I don't have much time to complete anything. PLUS I have NO idea what to do! Its for my BF, myself, and 2 children, a 6yo boy and a 3yo girl.
candiejayne
My family is changing things a bit this year, we have to dress up and attend in costume. I have until Saturday evening to come up with something for four of us. Problem is I'm super short on cash, and I don't have much time to complete anything. PLUS I have NO idea what to do! Its for my BF, myself, and 2 children, a 6yo boy and a 3yo girl.

I thought I had a great idea tonight for going as some characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and we had a lot of the items needed left over from Halloween, but the problem was that I got that movie and the Corpse Bride confused, and now it won't work with out me sewing myself a patch work dress. I may still do it though, but if you guys could give me some ideas for a group theme that would work for us and wouldn't be too hard to complete, I'd be sooo greatful!

Is there a reason they want you to dress up? Sounds a little weird (not strange but funny)! Elves would be easy with just the hats and some jeans and Christmas shirts. Check out Goodwill or the Salvation Army stores and see about costumes.

What about Santa, Mrs. Claus, elves, or reindeer?

dress in white and be snowmen

each of you wear a different color and be ornaments

wear green and be holly

put a bow on your head and call yourself a present

whay are you having to do this?

Wear your own clothes, carry a songbook and be a caroler

here are some ideas from doing a google search for 'homemade Christmas costumes'

Wear a green shirt and pants with little ornaments painted on and but a headband with a star coming from your hair and you'll be a Christmas tree ;)

A great costume for anyone is to take a large box with no bottom that the person can fit in. Cover it with bright foil paper, then cut out a hole for the head and both arms. secure these wrapped openings with tape so as not to tear easily, put a bow on the person's head! Wear sweats or leotard type items underneath!

Go as a Christmas pudding in a brown dress, with holly in your hair!

Last year my daughter was a stocking. I found a life size one at the dollar sore, I bought 2 and made a front and back with some ribbon attaching both sides. I decorated the out side with some bells and her name just use your imagination.I also wrapped some empty boxes and hot glued it in side the top so they would be seen poking out.

You could make Wise Men costumes using bathrobes and a towel on the head with an embroidery hoop to hold it on.

Santa Suits -Santa Suits for Christmas costumes can be easily made using fake fur fabric for the coat, pants and hat. Fake fur, felt or cotton can be used for Santa’s beard. Top that off with a thick black belt and black boots and the Santa Christmas costumes are sure to be a hit. Mrs. Santa Christmas costumes can be made in the same way.

Elf Christmas costumes -Elf Christmas costumes are really easy. A pair of tights topped off by a simple fabric dress-like shirt with a felt hat and felt slippers with pointed toes adorned with bells makes great Christmas costumes for elves.

Reindeer Christmas costumes -Children love reindeer Christmas costumes both for their pets and for themselves. Antlers can be made from stiff felt and attached to a plastic headband or a stocking cap. Noses can be painted red or black using make-up and a brown outfit can be worn as part of the reindeer christmas costumes.

Mary and Joseph Christmas costumes -Mary and Joseph Christmas costumes can easily be made using a sewn up sheet with holes cut for the head and arms. The Christmas costumes may be complimented with a rope-like belt and sandals.

Angel Christmas costumes-Any type of dress or light fabric outfit can be made into angel Christmas costumes by adding wings and a halo. Gold or silver pipe cleaners made into a circle and attached to a headband make a nice halo. Wings can be made of painted cardboard or wire and mesh.

I hope at least one of these was a little helpful.

Thank you guys! I'll post pics after I get them of all of us!

What are Christmas costumes?

Christmas costumes are outfits or clothing items that are typically worn during the holiday season to celebrate Christmas. They often feature festive colors and designs, such as red and green and images of Santa Claus, reindeer, or other holiday symbols.

Where can I buy Christmas costumes?

Christmas costumes can be purchased at many retail stores, both in-person and online. You can also find them at specialty costume shops or on websites that specialize in holiday-themed clothing and accessories.

What are some popular Christmas costumes?

Some popular Christmas costumes include Santa Claus suits, elf costumes, reindeer costumes, and nativity scene costumes. Other festive options include Christmas tree costumes, snowman costumes, and ugly Christmas sweater costumes.

Can I make my own Christmas costume?

Yes, you can definitely make your own Christmas costume! There are many DIY tutorials and ideas available online, and you can use items like red and green fabric, felt, and other craft materials to create your own unique holiday outfit.

Are there Christmas costumes for kids?

Yes, there are plenty of Christmas costumes designed specifically for children. These often include cute and playful versions of popular holiday characters like Santa Claus, elves, and reindeer. There are also options for infants and toddlers, as well as older children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies