• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for Quinceañera: Validate My Ideas?

In summary, the author received an invitation to a quinceanera and does not feel comfortable attending because it is more like a wedding than a typical party. She would like to send a gift but does not want to spend too much money.
chefann
Gold Member
I need some gift ideas, or at least validation that my ideas are OK.Yesterday I received an invitation in the mail. It was a very intricate invitation - I know the sender must have spent some bucks on it. There was fancy paper, cloth ribbons, complicated fold-outs... But the catch is that it's to a party for someone I've met once. One of my sister consultants under my Director is Hispanic (I don't remember her exact ethnicity, so I don't want to put something that's inaccurate). She's been a consultant for several years, but I only know her from meetings - she's never attended Conference. The invitation is from her, for her daughter's quinceañera.I know that it's a big deal, almost akin to being invited to a wedding. And I'm honored that I was sent an invitation. However, I have 2 shows that day, and even if I was available to go, I'd feel uncomfortable at the church and the reception both since it's very likely that I wouldn't know anyone there. I'd like to send a gift and a card, but I don't want to spend too much money. Would a gift card to Target/Wal Mart (I know the family shops there) be inappropriate?If that's not appropriate, I could make her a necklace or bracelet.

Ann - remember the thread awhile ago on quinceaneras and gifts? Maybe there is something on there that will help you?

I think a necklace or bracelet would be a great idea though too!

Thanks, Janet. I forgot about that. And this invitation surprised me - completely out of the blue. I don't feel like I know the family well enough to have been included on the guest list - especially because they must be spending a small fortune on this event, based on the location.

I get that sometimes too, not with quinceaneras but with HS graduations and other things.

For a quinceanera though, that is more on the level of a wedding! I hope the girl has a wonderful day!

I've learned by my "Army Wife" travels just to ask...I've express my thankfulness for being included and apologized for my lack of knowledge and then I point-blank ask what would be appropriate...the circumstances are little different here since it sounds like you won't be attending (sometimes I need to understand appropriate dress better), but I'm sure the consultant wouldn't be offended by explaining everything to you a bit more.

1. What are some traditional gift ideas for a quinceañera?

Some traditional gift ideas for a quinceañera include jewelry, a tiara, a special dress, a bible or religious item, and a photo album or memory book.

2. Are there any unique gift ideas for a quinceañera?

Yes, some unique gift ideas for a quinceañera include personalized items such as a monogrammed tote bag or a custom-made cake topper, a subscription box for beauty or fashion products, or a gift certificate for a fun experience like a spa day or cooking class.

3. Can I give money as a gift for a quinceañera?

Yes, it is customary to give money as a gift for a quinceañera. It can be given in the form of a check, cash, or gift card. It is also common to give an amount that ends in a "5" or a "0" as it is considered lucky in many Hispanic cultures.

4. What are some practical gift ideas for a quinceañera?

Some practical gift ideas for a quinceañera include a set of kitchen utensils or cookware, a planner or journal, a personalized phone case, or a gift card to a favorite store or restaurant.

5. Is it appropriate to give a religious gift for a quinceañera?

Yes, it is appropriate to give a religious gift for a quinceañera, especially if the girl is Catholic. Some popular religious gifts include a rosary, a cross necklace, or a religious figurine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies