• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Conference Experience with Creative Survival Packages

In summary, the conversation was about finding new ideas for conference attendee gifts. Suggestions included including practical items like a postcard stamp, ear plugs, or a noisemaker, as well as more personal items like Bath & Body products or a disposable camera. Other ideas included energy-boosting items such as caffeine pills or chocolate mints, as well as items to remind attendees of their commitment to their business, like a mini calculator or travel alarm clock. Overall, the goal was to provide a fun and useful gift that would make attendees excited for the conference.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
I'm getting ready for conference and I thought I'd like to try something new this year with my downline attendees. Usually my Director and I put together "Conference Survival Packages" for them and give them to them in the airport. (ie. toothpick to pick other consultants brains with, please see attachment), However, after 3 years they are starting to get old and I'd like to either update them or try something new.

Any suggestions on something fun to do for conference attendees?

Oppps, forgot attachment!

Attachments

• NationalConferencekit.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 395
What about a cork or ear plugs to keep all the great info from NC from falling out.

Don't know if this is practical... I guess it depends on the size of your downline because you'd have to label the packets individually, but you could get one of their business cards to remind them they are professionals.

You could include a small sponge to help absorb information. Ear plugs for a good night's sleep.

Julie

A postcard stamp to send a postcard to a good potential recruit.Noisemaker for when your voice gives out from all the cheering at general sessions.

How about more practical stuff?
A nail file, pantiliner, mini-stapler, mini sewing kit, mint gum, visine, extra pen & highlighter, etc

we've done several different things. Sometimes we give it at the cluster meeting so THEY have to pack it and it gets the other consultants excited and they want to go next year!!

One year we gave:
the black PC zippered bag (or briefcase whatever it was called)
Inside we put:
small bottle of lotion & shower gel from Bath & Body. (Their incredible yearly sale may be over now. hit it 3 days in a row when it started :))
a small notebook & pen
gum
trial bottle of tylenol
granola bar
post it notes
business cards we made them each a couple of sheets and put them in the flimsy (ok cheap one BEFORE MERRILL) business card holder we used to be able to order.

Other things we've done:
the small prepackaged gift sets from Bath & Body (usually on sale around 40%)

PC leather binder, notepad & a phone card to call home to family and hosts (before cell phones were so popular)

disposable camera and a nice photo frame (bigger frame if they were a new director)

They always liked goodies from the Directors store, that they couldn't order

one year we found scrapbooks on clearance & we gave them that and a gift card for supplies.

My director gave an insulated picnic tote one time it had all the plastic ware & a bottle on sparkling cider.

Once we got to Chicago a day early and picked up a box of the local candy (is it Sees? and a Chicago coffee mug)

We were good about finding sales and usually conference attendees were the producers of the cluster anyway & you are making an override from them.

We get stuff from our Directors? Oh, goody :)

MomToEli said:
We get stuff from our Directors? Oh, goody :)
Many Directors (not all) do a little somethin' for their group. Mine usually gives us a little bag with mints, a fun pen, and a personal note.

chefjwr said:
You could include a small sponge to help absorb information. Ear plugs for a good night's sleep.

Julie

This type of stuff is perfect... come on creative minds, keep them coming please! I'd like to do all brand new stuff this year and my Director wants a list today!

chefann said:
A postcard stamp to send a postcard to a good potential recruit.

Noisemaker for when your voice gives out from all the cheering at general sessions.

Lovin it!!!

Caffeine pills or an energy drink for those late-night chats in the room (or staying up in workshops the next day)
Take 5 bar- Thanks for taking 5 minutes to register for conference and invest in your business
Chocolate mints (like Andes) - pillow mints without the pillow!

Mints for your commitmint to Pampered Chef and Your Business and Your Customers. Tootsie Rolls for the big roll you play in my business (referring to consultants from a director). Skittles for the "rainbow" of wonderful people you will meet at Conference. A travel alarm clock would be great--but too expensive--It's important to be on time. Mini $.99 cent calculator to add up the extra income you will gain when applying what you learn at Conference.
I'll keep thinking. Hope it helps.

--Julie

chefjwr said:
Mints for your commitmint to Pampered Chef and Your Business and Your Customers. Tootsie Rolls for the big roll you play in my business (referring to consultants from a director). Skittles for the "rainbow" of wonderful people you will meet at Conference. A travel alarm clock would be great--but too expensive--It's important to be on time. Mini $.99 cent calculator to add up the extra income you will gain when applying what you learn at Conference.
I'll keep thinking. Hope it helps.

--Julie

Oh my gosh, too cute!

Those really are ingenious! I hope my director does something like that... I love it!

I made personalized conference notebooks for my team with a built-in pen holder in which I put a pen and a highlighter. It also has an envelope inside for expenses. I got them all funny hats to wear at our June & July cluster meetings so they stand out as those who've already registered...I got them all hot pink feather boas that I will hand out when we get to our hotel room, and light-up star necklaces to wear during general sessions.

Not all directors do things like this. My director gave us a spiral-bound 70pg notebook with a label on teh fron with our name...and a PC luggage tag one year -- nothin gthe next year.

Bumping for more suggestions from the evening crew... I need to finalize my plans by the am :)

I can't post what goodies I have for my consultants at conference because now one of them posts here! :eek: Can't spoil the suprise for her! :D

True Laura. Very true.

Julie

I was at Walmart tonight stocking up on the travel everything and this "business casual" I need to be wearing. OH how chic--Walmart, yes? Anyway, the Walmart lady said that the dollar store is the best place to get travel alarms. I then thought again about your survival packs and my earlier suggestion for travel alarms--maybe at the dollar store you could afford them.
Julie

QUESTION HERE! Maybe I should have started my own thread but anyways...New Director here and I have my first recruit ever going to Conference. How can I make this special for her? I really want to make it a point to get her excited, feel special, etc. etc. etc. I always thought it was cool when other directors sent their recruits on a Scavenger Hunt but no ideas here. She is my only recruit going this year so I can't really give her a challenge or anything to "compete" with others in my cluster so... does anyone have some ideas on what I should do for her, tell her, give her?Anything??? Thanks!

I am not a director and my director did not go last time so I did not get anything cool from her but the FD I roomed with gave me (and other roomies) a plastic envelope (for conf recipts) in it was some gum, mints, bandaids, a pen, chocolate. That's all I can remember but it was nice.

Now what was very envious of was all the cool light up pens I saw people writing with in the general sessions! They could actually see what they were writing! I wanted one sooooo bad! LOL!!

Ooh light up pen. That is a good idea. I am a coffee fan, if she is and you are staying at the Hilton--there is a Starbucks. You could get her a Starbucks gift card--doesn't have to be a lot on it--enough for a couple of cups of coffee.

Thanks! Any more ideas? Keep them coming!

Related to Revamp Your Conference Experience with Creative Survival Packages

What is the purpose of the Creative Survival Packages for conferences?

The Creative Survival Packages are designed to enhance the conference experience by providing useful and unique items that attendees can use throughout the event. These packages are curated with the conference theme and location in mind to help attendees stay organized, energized, and engaged.

What types of items can be expected in a Creative Survival Package?

The items included in the Creative Survival Packages vary depending on the specific package chosen. Some common items may include branded notebooks, pens, snacks, hand sanitizer, and other practical items that attendees may need during the conference. We also offer customization options for clients who want to include specific items or branded merchandise.

How can I customize a Creative Survival Package for my conference?

We offer customization options for our Creative Survival Packages, allowing clients to add their own branded items or choose from a selection of items to include in the package. Our team will work closely with you to create a customized package that aligns with your conference theme and budget.

Are there different package options available for different conference sizes?

Yes, we offer different package options to accommodate conferences of all sizes. Our packages range from small, budget-friendly options to larger, more comprehensive packages. We can also work with you to create a customized package that fits your specific needs and budget.

How can I order Creative Survival Packages for my conference?

You can easily order Creative Survival Packages by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to our corporate team. We will work with you to determine the best package option for your conference and assist with the customization and ordering process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
thebowman
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
Replies
Views